Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Malik Hooker likely to start at FS against the Cardinals

IndyScribe

7 minutes ago, SteelCityColt said:

On one hand I'm pleased to see this, after all he's meant to be a top 10 if not 5 talent who fell to us.

However, and granted he was injured in preseason, there doesn't seem much hype coming out the Colts. Not even from MC Pagano.

You must have missed Monachinos comments yesterday. Nothing but good comments

Might as well let Wilson start as well. Maybe it's not a lost season but these Andrew Luckless games are all lost regardless. A lost stretch, if you will. Let's see what we got. Thought I don't like the vibe around Wilson not starting over our #2 or getting less playing time than Hairston. Pretty disappointing

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

Butler needs to be playing DB with Davis out is my guess.

Let's see what he's got.. One of the more interesting elements of this game in regards to the long term projection for this squad. 

Yet many times he has proven he is terrible there out there. ZERO possibility they want him out there. lol

With a retooled secondary, changes at ILB and David Johnson out I see the Cards taking a load of deep shots Sunday especially if the pass rush isn't getting home.  So Hooker et al will have to be playing at a high level and will be tested to the max.

Like you guys, I want to see our 1st rounder out there playing, learning the ropes and contributing as much as possible.

I know they love the potential of Green and he's still young.  But I'd really like to see Wilson and Hooker together and let them grow together on the field for the future.  We are rebuilding so let the top 2 picks grow together and show what they have.  I'm excited to watch Hooker this week I'm just hoping the give Wilson more opportunities over Green.

See I can't blame the safeties too much watch the plays..why are our safeties THAT far deep seriously?? Hooker looks like he can make up ground on a deep ball so I don't think you need to have him that far deep because they obviously know he won't get there in time that far out 

14 minutes ago, will426 said:

See I can't blame the safeties too much watch the plays..why are our safeties THAT far deep seriously?? Hooker looks like he can make up ground on a deep ball so I don't think you need to have him that far deep because they obviously know he won't get there in time that far out 

Because our corners can't cover?? :dunno:

5 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

Because our corners can't cover?? :dunno:

True but none got beat deep while playing man coverage lol that kupp td butler and green were both playing off coverage and in zone free release at that..once again our coaching sucks lol playcalls on both sides