Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rueban Foster sent home from combine

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

I would still hope we would. A top 10 defensive talent falling to us because of a minor argument would be a god send. It's not like he assaulted the guy. 

We don't know if he put his hands on the medical staff employee. Hopefully he's not that dumb, but I can't see him being sent home for just and oral argument. With the shoulder Issue, size, interviews, and now this, I would be very Leary.

8 minutes ago, JRnINDY said:

We don't know if he put his hands on the medical staff employee. Hopefully he's not that dumb, but I can't see him being sent home for just and oral argument. With the shoulder Issue, size, interviews, and now this, I would be very Leary.

Even if he didn't put his hands on the medical staff, it is unacceptable threatening to do so.

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Or John Boyett's "you can't arrest me, I'm a Colts player"

What I don't understand is folks that are trying to blame the hospital worker do not understand that he was forced to respond. I will still wait till the investigation wraps up but if he has to wait like the others, he just has to, no two ways about it.

2 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Please stay away

Sounds like he is or could be a Locker Room Problem

:( Yeah, agreed, if it really happened the way he said. A good drop to the 4th round might humble him tough. It worked for Vonteaz Burfict. I knew some people that knew Burfict and he was a tool. But that drop to the 6th round seemed to fix him up.

Just now, Majin Vegeta said:

I still think he goes top 10. 

I am sure his agent is figuring out the best way to do damage control right now.

The least this will do is teams will start digging about him more with his ex-teammates and ex-coaches not named Saban.

28 minutes ago, Freeupfreeney said:

:( Yeah, agreed, if it really happened the way he said. A good drop to the 4th round might humble him tough. It worked for Vonteaz Burfict. I knew some people that knew Burfict and he was a tool. But that drop to the 6th round seemed to fix him up.

Burfict was undrafted, and I'm not sure that anything has "worked" for Burfict considering the contributions of his character to the Bengals' playoff loss last year. 

You put this with multiple people saying he did not do well in interviews, which I am guessing is an extension of the attitude he showed in the hospital, his shoulder problems which are real, and as many have said an ILB's positional factor, and it is going to be tough for him not to fall. I am one who does not care about the positional factor, because he can do so much, but the rest will have many teams reevaluate where they see him. No team wants someone for the locker room who is going to be a problem. Ballard's number one edict is talent, but the talent has to mesh with the locker room. Even if he falls, we could pass. I just hope Ballard will do the diligence which I am sure he will, and talk to him about what really happened much like he did with Peters. Was one of the first times I heard of someone doing that kind of in depth work, and it was a great choice. Maybe Foster could be our Peters? Time will tell.

13 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

Burfict was undrafted, and I'm not sure that anything has "worked" for Burfict considering the contributions of his character to the Bengals' playoff loss last year. 

@Freeupfreeney His free-fall was not just his attitude, but also questions about his on the field play (being overaggressive), atrocious combine performance, even worse interviews, and off the field issues. Burfict was a guy that looked decent on tape, but failed miserably in every other aspect of the draft process. His fall wasn't to teach him a lesson, it was because no team wanted to waste a draft pick on a guy that was such a basket case..

3 hours ago, ClaytonColt said:

I would still hope we would. A top 10 defensive talent falling to us because of a minor argument would be a god send. It's not like he assaulted the guy. 

No, but a a guy who treats others as beneath him isnt really a good sign. Stuff like this screams locker room cancer, and the Colts, Jim Irsay, wont sign off on guys lije that when its a first round pick.

6 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

No, but a a guy who treats others as beneath him isnt really a good sign. Stuff like this screams locker room cancer, and the Colts, Jim Irsay, wont sign off on guys lije that when its a first round pick.

I want a guy who is an Urlacher/Lewis alpha male in the middle of the defense.

Those guys are rarely shrinking violets on or off the field. A minor altercation of words doesn't even register to me.

13 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

Those guys are rarely shrinking violets on or off the field. A minor altercation of words doesn't even register to me.

It's not an altercation that's the issue, it's the "don't you know who I am?" mentality & being a cocky *that has people concerned.

Urlacher & Lewis were alpha males on the field, but they also earned the respect of their peers, were humble, and were leaders of their defenses.

3 minutes ago, ClaytonColt said:

One, this is way more than an altercation over words. Two, by definition, you cant be an alpha male when you act like a child.  Three, You dont want a guy leading your team who doesnt have enough common sense not get kicked out of the single most important pre-draft event because he was impatient.  

Id rather us take Dalvin Cook.

Saying he a locker room cancer is still pure speculation though. Like when you see him make a play during a game, there is always teammates sprinting over to him giving high 5s and jumping on him. It appears more that he is quite popular among his peers on defense, nothing like a cancer or anything, something that is easy to spot on the field.

17 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

One, this is way more than an altercation over words. Two, by definition, you cant be an alpha male when you act like a child.  Three, You dont want a guy leading your team who doesnt have enough common sense not get kicked out of the single most important pre-draft event because he was impatient.  

You'd rather have the guy arrested for assault and armed robbery over a guy who had an argument with a medical staff member?

28 minutes ago, Shive said:

It's not an altercation that's the issue, it's the "don't you know who I am?" mentality & being a cocky *that has people concerned.

Urlacher & Lewis were alpha males on the field, but they also earned the respect of their peers, were humble, and were leaders of their defenses.

That's something that you can grow into with a bit of maturity. It's 2 sides of the same coin. 

A minor altercation with medical staff won't affect how they're viewed in the locker room one bit. 

34 minutes ago, Shive said:

you consider ray lewis to be humble?

thats a good one

13 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Medical professional was probably a book-smart (read: street challenged, liberal yuppie) nurse who insisted he was injured, he felt he was not, she demanded he go home "for his own safety/protection". Combine employees took the hospital worker's side, they sent him home.

Being exposed regularly to folks in the medical industry, vast majority of them are extremely arrogant and uppity enough to make cops and bodybuilders look like very educated and humble people.

I have met very few doctors (or lawyers) that aren't incredibly cocky and talk down to others in a regular basis.

....reason for tossing in liberal? Being "conservative" (taking a conservative approach) to his injuries is more likely......or are you insinuating something political?

33 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Let's get more soft dudes on the defense and a stud as a RB.

When we lose 12 game's at least we'll be entertained and have the moral high ground.

I want to build the monster we were promised. The monster is rarely polite.