Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Rueban Foster sent home from combine

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow the combine people play no games. First not allowing guys with character issues to participate, and now sending guys home. I like it. You're not even in the league yet, show some respect.

But yeah maybe this is the guy with a character "issue" we take a chance on.

8 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

What were his measurements? Can't get them on the NFL app for some reason 

6'0" 229lbs, so definitely undersized. Haason Reddick came in at 6'1/237 lbs which surprised me a bit.

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Looks like the colts might have themselves a ILB. Unless the argument was with a woman, doubt Irsay will sign off if argument was with a woman haha

if he didn't knock her out or knock her up, he's alright.

1 hour ago, JRnINDY said:

Injuries could be bothersome considering it was at hospital. Maybe it was a doctor saying his shoulder is worse than expected.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2696068-reuben-foster-sent-home-from-nfl-combine-after-argument-with-hospital-worker

Maybe they told him he can't participate in some drill and he got * off.

Although...

Medical professional was probably a book-smart (read: street challenged, liberal yuppie) nurse who insisted he was injured, he felt he was not, she demanded he go home "for his own safety/protection". Combine employees took the hospital worker's side, they sent him home.

Being exposed regularly to folks in the medical industry, vast majority of them are extremely arrogant and uppity enough to make cops and bodybuilders look like very educated and humble people.

I have met very few doctors (or lawyers) that aren't incredibly cocky and talk down to others in a regular basis.

Lol this draft is going to be fun. Like if we aren't picked these guys up. I'm going go be extremely * of. 

How many more decades are we going to go without a decent linebacker? Mike Peterson was our last good will and he wasn't even THAT good. Lets do this colts staff. 

All these sec dudes getting looked over, dumb question marks about speeding tickets and what not. Cmon. We could clean up this draft

6 hours ago, JRnINDY said:

Injuries could be bothersome considering it was at hospital. Maybe it was a doctor saying his shoulder is worse than expected.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2696068-reuben-foster-sent-home-from-nfl-combine-after-argument-with-hospital-worker

Will Carrol was on local radio this week saying that his shoulder would drop his draft stock significantly.  

4 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Medical professional was probably a book-smart (read: street challenged, liberal yuppie) nurse who insisted he was injured, he felt he was not, she demanded he go home "for his own safety/protection". Combine employees took the hospital worker's side, they sent him home.

Being exposed regularly to folks in the medical industry, vast majority of them are extremely arrogant and uppity enough to make cops and bodybuilders look like very educated and humble people.

I have met very few doctors (or lawyers) that aren't incredibly cocky and talk down to others in a regular basis.

Dear Lord...

The massive generalizations and downright nonsense are astounding.

8 hours ago, Shive said:

6'0" 229lbs, so definitely undersized. Haason Reddick came in at 6'1/237 lbs which surprised me a bit.

Oh wow. He was listed at 6'2 before the combine. I think that'll eliminate people thinking he can be a MLB in a 4-3. With that size he's easily a 3-4 Will or a 4-3 Will. It'll work for the Colts though.

I just want to know what's up with the shoulder. Apparently it caused him to flip out on a doctor.

17 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Oh wow. He was listed at 6'2 before the combine. I think that'll eliminate people thinking he can be a MLB in a 4-3. With that size he's easily a 3-4 Will or a 4-3 Will. It'll work for the Colts though.

I just want to know what's up with the shoulder. Apparently it caused him to flip out on a doctor.

Also the poor interviews, plural!  That doesn't sound good. 

6 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Also the poor interviews, plural!  That doesn't sound good. 

I'd like to know more about that. How did he interview poorly? I wonder if he was cocky, didn't answer questions about his medical, etc...So much is happening with him so fast.

NFL officials are reviewing the procedures that contributed to Alabama LB Reuben Foster getting into a "heated altercation" with a hospital worker to see if they can make improvements and ensure it doesn't happen again, per league sources. Another league source said there was a "miscommunication" that allowed the argument between Foster and a hospital worker to escalate. Foster had been waiting for an extended period for what the NFL calls his "pre-exam", when he grew increasingly impatient and began questioning a hospital worker. The hosptial worker did not take kindly to Fosters words and eventually the two were face to face, in a heated exchange. Other players were there at the time and the NFL is questioning them to get a full account of events. But one league source said the league has to review the procedures and create better communication so that players understand what is happening and why there are delays. Foster is a potential top 10 pick and one executive from team said last night he thought, coming into the combine, that "Foster was a legitimate top 3 pick."

That's from Schefter's facebook page.

25 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

Yeah just saw it on B/R too. Seems like he just needs to be humbled though.

That's what I was thinking. I'm not a fan of the "do you know who I am?" guys. You risk having guys like the safety we drafted a few years back that got arrested and pulled that card.

3 minutes ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We wouldnt take him at 15 after this anyway.

It would take some seriously good interviews with our guys to feel ok taking him at 15. He has the talent, but coming in so light and the attitude issue is going to seriously hurt him.