Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Le'Raven Clark slated to start again

TKnight24

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Do u see a lil Faulk and Welker in McCaffery Krunk? I do, and respect your opinion..

I see a little Gore when it comes to the outstanding vision.  I see a little Faulk when it comes to the receiving skills.  Couple other backs come to mind also.  I like him.

4 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I will say, depending on who else is still available, I think a Fournette or Cook my be too tempting to pass up.

Fournette is a beast for sure.  Although I don't know where I stand on him in the passing game. Need to sit down and watch film.  I know what he can do as a runner.  Wouldn't be mad if we got either one of them.  Mcaffrey strikes me of the type that Chud would like because of the receiving skills.  He's got everything they hyped up Josh Ferguson for.  The difference is Mcaffrey can actually play!

I was hoping Clark and Haeg could be our starters next year on the right side. I hope we get him some help this week or keep the passing game short but I'm very excited he is starting. I don't want Grigson to quit drafting OL though. The injuries we always get it is important to keep the supply coming. With Haeg able to go inside or out in a pinch that will allow us to walk away from Rietz and I think we focus on these young guys. Pass rush is just so HUGE of a need we have to address it some way some how. FA or the draft. I think a good core of the draft will be focused on defense with a rb and sprinkling of lineman. I would be shocked if our draft didn't look like last years except in flip all the lineman for LBs...then defense we took for rb and ol. We have to keep drafting until we fix this thing. Its like the Lions..they kept taking receivers until they got it right...but when they did they got Megatron. You can't let your past mistakes stop you from future success. The only way we are successful is to keep taking shots at that OL/DL.

50 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

How do you know they r not interested? ?? Money talks..just saying..I guarantee one could be made interested if Irsay is willing..Might have to cut back on guitar buying for a year to make up for it though..

I'm not saying they're not interested.      I'm saying they might not be better.

New doesn't equal better.       It MAY mean it,  but it's not a lock.

7 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

LeRaven Clark is gonna be a Pro Bowl player for us...Joe Haeg is looking very good, Kelly is gonna be a pro bowler, Ridgeway is a steal, Morrison is a solid run stopping situational linebacker, Chester Rogers has potential if given opportunity,  Melvin, and Morris are both solid waiver wire pickups, Maggitt is gonna be good, Turbin is good when given reps....I think Grigson really gets a bad rap..Last 2 years he has been great...Pagano is the weak link period...

I disagree with you on a lot of that. I think Clark may very well end up being a stud, and I feel the same about Ridgeway, but Morrison, Morris, Maggitt, etc. Now I may be wrong, but IMO. Those guys are probably going to end up being backups, out of the league, etc over the next few years. We have to start being able to find talent both in the draft and FA, and 99% of it is on Grigson. If Grigson had surrounded Luck with good players acquired in FA and the draft we'd be a juggernaut by now. There's actually no logical explanation as to why we aren't loaded with talent by now, I mean we should be loaded. But nope. We trade a 1st for you know who, trade Jerry Hughes for a bum, Sign guys like Cherilous, Landry, RJF, etc. Draft bad players with early picks, I mean just to name a few, we could have Xavier Rhodes oppo Davis, Danielle Hunter coming off the EDGE, and Eric Kendricks in the middle. But anyways....Maybe Clark and Ridgeway will be the exceptions to Grigson's past failures, but you cant deny the damage he's done to our team with bad trades, bad draft picks, bad FA signings, and not being able to find talent in the mid-late rounds. Many of the consistently great teams know how to find big time talent in the 4th, 5th, 6th and even UDFA. Denver, Seattle, etc. Grigs has to go if we want to have some great teams over the next 10 years.

I agree with people, smart play calling and a commitment to running the football will help Clark this weekend. Id like to see us keep 2 TE's on the field for most plays, like we did against the Vikes. This not only helps the running game and quick release game, but we can also use the to chip Mack/Irvin and help Clark. 

Also I want to see that Chud has learned from the Broncos game, where he left Joe Reitz completely exposed against Miller. I'd be annoyed if I'm coming onto this forum after the game and complaining how many sacks Clark gave up because he was left to block Mack solely on 3rd downs all thru the game. 

I think Clark's potential is intriguing.  He held up well in a game where the offense featured an emphasis on both running the football and getting the ball out quickly in the passing game.

But let's just all take a step back, take a deep breath, and hold off on proclaiming Clark a future Pro Bowler. 

A guy has a good game and we're ready to put him in the HOF.  Then, the next week, he plays badly and it's "We should cut X."   Let's just wait and see with some of these young players.

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

If you think there is NOT a better option then you stick with what you have.....

The key is who will you get that is better and fits what you want to do?

It's not an automatic that the person is out there......

Bull ****, Gruden can be had and a call should be made..

7 hours ago, Flash7 said:

Jeff sucked when he was old and about to retire....therefore, he sucked his entire career? With that logic, you can say the same about Manning, Michael Jordan, or Muhammad Ali.

I'm saying yes he did suck entire career. During the time Tarik Glenn was the only elite guy we had. So after 2006 when he retire so did the rest of the oline. It's proven statistics. Manning with his quick release covered up for most of our offensive lineman. I wouldn't say that about Ali because boxing is not a team sport once your in the ring alone. 

Having had the time now to go back and watch the game on the all 22 Clark showed some mixed results last week. Gave up a few Hurries forcing Luck to throw before he was ready. Much of it was because I don't think his kick slide was not deep enough on the times he struggled so he ended up having to lunge and his arms were not long enough a couple of those times. He wasn't a disaster of course but showed a lot of room for improvement as I expected. Strength was of course going to be an issue and it was a couple times

Struggled a few snaps in the 2nd quarter but got it together from the 3rd quarter on and played better than expected

Didn't really do much in the run game

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

I'm saying yes he did suck entire career. During the time Tarik Glenn was the only elite guy we had. So after 2006 when he retire so did the rest of the oline. It's proven statistics. Manning with his quick release covered up for most of our offensive lineman. I wouldn't say that about Ali because boxing is not a team sport once your in the ring alone. 

Thanks for letting me know to never take a single thing you post on here seriously.

35 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Having had the time now to go back and watch the game on the all 22 Clark showed some mixed results last week. Gave up a few Hurries forcing Luck to throw before he was ready. Much of it was because I don't think his kick slide was not deep enough on the times he struggled so he ended up having to lunge and his arms were not long enough a couple of those times. He wasn't a disaster of course but showed a lot of room for improvement as I expected. Strength was of course going to be an issue and it was a couple times

Struggled a few snaps in the 2nd quarter but got it together from the 3rd quarter on and played better than expected

Didn't really do much in the run game

I am not sure there is anything more entertaining on here than you discussing the depth of a kick slide.

1 hour ago, jshipp23 said:

Money talks 8-9 million per should get it done 

It really is not that simple.  And you should really stop pretending to know what another person's price tag is.

Gruden is already making fat coin as it is right now doing a job that keeps him in the game without the stress and headaches that come with being a coach.  The value for that may very well be worth more than the extra cash he would get paid as HC.

Just now, jskinnz said:

I am not sure there is anything more entertaining on here than you discussing the depth of a kick slide.

Well its different then someone gushing over a player when much of the time nothing could be further from the truth. I try to give an informative opinion rather then the standard the sky is falling or so an so is great posts often seen. I could just say he played serviceable

Just now, jskinnz said:

It really is not that simple.  And you should really stop pretending to know what another person's price tag is.

Gruden is already making fat coin as it is right now doing a job that keeps him in the game without the stress and headaches that come with being a coach.  The value for that may very well be worth more than the extra cash he would get paid as HC.

He might have a desire to coach Andrew Luck just saying..He is making 6.5 million a year now. .I think he is bored with it though..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

And do you know he is not?  Is he a friend if yours?  How do you know anything honestly? You put out dumb 1 sentence quotes on here every now and then...

You calling someone else's post dumb is rich.

I was not the one who said he was bored.  You did - please share with us how you know this to be true.

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

You calling someone else's post dumb is rich.

I was not the one who said he was bored.  You did - please share with us how you know this to be true.

You never post anything of substance at all..just dumb snarky remarks on other peoples post..you know nothing..

29 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

2 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

You never post anything of substance at all..just dumb snarky remarks on other peoples post..you know nothing..

Never post anything of substance - really?  There is no substance in my post above?

Look - here is the math.  You said something dumb - that you think Gruden is bored - and got called out to explain how you know that to be true.  Let's call it what it is - something you made up to support your theory.

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Never post anything of substance - really?  There is no substance in my post above?

Look - here is the math.  You said something dumb - that you think Gruden is bored - and got called out to explain how you know that to be true.  Let's call it what it is - something you made up to support your theory.

It has been on record that he said the one job that intrigued him would be coaching Andrew Luck. You must of missed that? So I assume if we made him an offer its possible he might take it.. Idk

Good, Kelly, Clark and Haeg have above average measurables.  Now that doesn't mean squat if it isn't realized. Philbins job as someone known for being a great teacher, is to turn them into what they should be.  It looks like he is doing it slowly but surely.  I'm sure he gave the thumbs up for Clark this week.  He won a game ball and Haeg won Grudens grinder award.  Do you realize Colts Oline never gets that kind of acknowledgement.  I think we are headed in the right direction. 

48 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

It has been on record that he said the one job that intrigued him would be coaching Andrew Luck. You must of missed that? So I assume if we made him an offer its possible he might take it.. Idk

There's a difference in being interested in the Indy job because we have Andrew Luck and being bored with the Monday Night Football gig.

Those two things are not related.      

Both could be true.      One could be true.    And both could be false.

My goodness what is this thread. Like what even is going on. 

Some good analysis mixed in with a boatload of some of the most asinine conclusions I have ever read on this board. Like ever. haha

I'd love to say something regarding Clark and his future with this team, but there's no point because he's already apparently a pro bowl LT and future HOF. Also Jeff Saturday apparently sucked. Hookay. 

12 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

Get a rush lb in first and McCaffery or Chubb in 2nd, or get Fournette or Cook in 1st, Cover ilb or edge in 2nd depending on free agency...And go defense rest of draft and all of free agency...

Chubb announced he's staying another year at UGA if I read that correctly. Smart by him. Deep RB class, make himself a higher prospect next year

I'll take Dalvin Cook from FSU or De'Vean Smith from Michigan aka University of Harbaugh this draft though 

21 hours ago, jshipp23 said:

LeRaven Clark is gonna be a Pro Bowl player for us...Joe Haeg is looking very good, Kelly is gonna be a pro bowler, Ridgeway is a steal, Morrison is a solid run stopping situational linebacker, Chester Rogers has potential if given opportunity,  Melvin, and Morris are both solid waiver wire pickups, Maggitt is gonna be good, Turbin is good when given reps....I think Grigson really gets a bad rap..Last 2 years he has been great...Pagano is the weak link period...

Talk about jumping the gun O.o

14 hours ago, jskinnz said:

I agree 1000%, the stress of the game, the fact that he has made money in the past and is likely financially set for life and the fact that he is already in a cushion job and everyone keeps calling his name for something he did 10+ years ago, why would you come out for all that?

Now as for him taking a job as a head coach, with all this "we need Gruden" from fan bases, perhaps Gruden wants 10 million/year, full control as HC and GM and all personnel decisions made solely by him and not fear of overrides by an owner. Who knows what types of demands, if any, he places on people who were to call his agent. IMHO, he is far past the current feel of the game to have that kind of pull in todays climate. Feel the exact same way for Cower.

About the only person I feel like the Colts and any team with a franchise type QB and a history of winning would entertain giving up really big money and full control would be Harbaugh. I don't advocate any coach taking full control unless he is a really seasoned vet coach that has a long term winning track record aka BB.