Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Le'Raven Clark slated to start again

TKnight24

1 minute ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here are his honors....     Four times an All-Pro,  Six times into the Pro Bowl.      I think my view of Saturday is closer to being right than yours....     lol...

Honors and awards[edit]

Saturday has been voted onto six Pro Bowl teams in 20052006200720092010 and 2012. . For the 2005 and 2007 seasons he was named to the Associated Press NFL All-Pro First Team.

Saturday also received the "Tuesday Morning Quarterback Non-QB Non-RB NFL MVP Award" from ESPN columnist Gregg Easterbrook in January 2007.

Saturday was inducted into the Indianapolis Colts Ring of Honor during the week 2 game against the New York Jets on September 21, 2015.[16]

If you had to draft a rookie center now would you take Kelly or Saturday?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Surge89 said:

No one has argued lol.  Your the only one who saying he's the sole reason for our troubles and Grigson is soooo amazing.  

When imo both of them were terrible together and both of them are getting better together.  Especially if Chud and Pags turn a page and find out that quick rhythm passing is the way to win in today's NFL.

I like our talent

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

If you had to draft a rookie center now would you take Kelly or Saturday?

You do a great job of changing the subject when your opinion doesn't match up with the facts.

As to Kelly,  you're preaching to the choir.

The person who campaigned the hardest for the Colts to draft Ryan Kelly was me.....     I love the kid.     But even if he someday is better than Saturday that doesn't mean Saturday wasn't a very good player -- because he was.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

You do a great job of changing the subject when your opinion doesn't match up with the facts.

As to Kelly,  you're preaching to the choir.

The person who campaigned the hardest for the Colts to draft Ryan Kelly was me.....     I love the kid.     But even if he someday is better than Saturday that doesn't mean Saturday wasn't a very good player -- because he was.

I know he was...Who would you choose? Based on our team and our QB now?

13 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I know he was...Who would you choose? Based on our team and our QB now?

I don't have to chose.     I love Kelly and expect a great career from him.......

But if I did chose, it would be Kelly because I prefer bigger centers.

I prefer 315 to 295 and I know that Saturday was likely not quite that big.

18 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here are his honors....     Four times an All-Pro,  Six times into the Pro Bowl.      I think my view of Saturday is closer to being right than yours....     lol...

Honors and awards[edit]

Saturday has been voted onto six Pro Bowl teams in 20052006200720092010 and 2012. . For the 2005 and 2007 seasons he was named to the Associated Press NFL All-Pro First Team.

Saturday also received the "Tuesday Morning Quarterback Non-QB Non-RB NFL MVP Award" from ESPN columnist Gregg Easterbrook in January 2007.

Saturday was inducted into the Indianapolis Colts Ring of Honor during the week 2 game against the New York Jets on September 21, 2015.[16]

2011 is the year I'm look at there. What happened in 2011? Ohh wait yeah the man who masked how bad the line was had a neck injury. 

1 minute ago, a06cc said:

2011 is the year I'm look at there. What happened in 2011? Ohh wait yeah the man who masked how bad the line was had a neck injury. 

So, if I understand what you're saying,   Peyton Manning's neck injury is Jeff Saturday's fault?

Is that what you're saying?       (Please say no, please say no, please say no...)

And we're talking about a career,  not one season.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

So, if I understand what you're saying,   Peyton Manning's neck injury is Jeff Saturday's fault?

Is that what you're saying?       (Please say no, please say no, please say no...)

And we're talking about a career,  not one season.

No that season prove who the real pro bowls we had on the team were. Reggie Wayne, AV, DFreeney and Robert Mathis. Jeff wasn't a great center. I'll say it once. He was masked by Manning's talent.

11 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Can we get back on topic of Clark already?

Is he the type of player who could play both LT and RT because of his athleticism? 

Athletically yes. Athleticism is not his problem. Its getting his hands to be in sync with his feet and his hands in the right place

6 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Athletically yes. Athleticism is not his problem. Its getting his hands to be in sync with his feet and his hands in the right place

all he needs is the weight room..they don't blow by him like Costanzo..They push him back, but they don't blow by him..

LOL every player argues regularly, your posts are so hilarious I still can't tell if you are trolling or not.

1 hour ago, a06cc said:

Wanna yell this at those to think Jeff was great. I'm not saying he is Anthony Castanzo or anything. He just wasn't that great imo. 

4 hours ago, a06cc said:

No that season prove who the real pro bowls we had on the team were. Reggie Wayne, AV, DFreeney and Robert Mathis. Jeff wasn't a great center. I'll say it once. He was masked by Manning's talent.

Well....      I'm glad you're only going to say it once.     Because the more you say it,  the worst you look.

Respectfully,   there is no information anywhere on the planet that backs your viewpoint. 

It's an opinion backed by zero facts.

Clark is the real macaroni... I really think that, in two years, most of us are going to look at the 2016 draft as a major turning point for the franchise, in a good way. 

I was going to say "we will all look at the 2016..." until I realized that there are posters on the forum who think that Jeff Saturday wasn't great. I can't even wrap my head around that... could go on for days about how great Jeff was... not even considering that he did what he did while being an undersized UDFA...

Saturday is just one of the smartest and technically sound football players I've ever seen at any position, but I don't know everything, of course. 

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2016 at 1:41 PM, jshipp23 said:

Krunk i started a post about this..if we go olb I want T.J Watt..what u think?

Havent really started looking at guys in depth yet. Off the top of my head the two Olb from Alabama, Charles Harris from Mizzou, Myles Garrett. Havent looked at Watt. Hoping we can pick up somebody from Free Agency also. Melvin Ingram or somebody.

Just now, krunk said:

Havent really started looking at guys in depth yet. Off the top of my head the two Olb from Alabama, Charles Harris from Mizzou, Myles Garrett. Havent looked at Watt. Hoping we can pick up somebody from Free Agency also. Melvin Ingram or somebody.

Hopefully we get one pass rusher in FA, 2 in the draft. Im not all that opposed to keeping Trent Cole for another season as depth. So lets say something like Melvin Ingram, 2 draft picks OLB, Ayers, Walden, Cole or no Cole.

10 hours ago, krunk said:

I think Clark can play the position. He will be a really good player for us in time. As for the Raiders game I saw some good and some bad. Saw Mack run around him and Haeg any number of times. But I also saw some good blocks as well.

Didn't get pushed back into the pocket Sunday. Yeah Mack confused our line a bit with some stunts but Clark IMO played very , very well against the likely Defensive Player of the year.

On 12/23/2016 at 11:32 AM, jshipp23 said:

LeRaven Clark is gonna be a Pro Bowl player for us...Joe Haeg is looking very good, Kelly is gonna be a pro bowler, Ridgeway is a steal, Morrison is a solid run stopping situational linebacker, Chester Rogers has potential if given opportunity,  Melvin, and Morris are both solid waiver wire pickups, Maggitt is gonna be good, Turbin is good when given reps....I think Grigson really gets a bad rap..Last 2 years he has been great...Pagano is the weak link period...

I disagree with you on the last two years being "great". Our top two picks in 2015 include a total bust, D'Joun Smith, and a disappointment, Phillip Dorsett. Then there are Josh Robinson and Amarlo Herrera. Four of our eight picks. Not good. Certainly not "great". As for 2016, it is too early to tell how good some of the guys that you have labeled rather optimistically are going to work out. I hope you are right but it's to early to tell. As a colleague of mine has often told me...."potential" is a French-derived word meaning "hasn't done it yet".

2 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I disagree with you on the last two years being "great". Our top two picks in 2015 include a total bust, D'Joun Smith, and a disappointment, Phillip Dorsett. Then there are Josh Robinson and Amarlo Herrera. Four of our eight picks. Not good. Certainly not "great". As for 2016, it is too early to tell how good some of the guys that you have labeled rather optimistically are going to work out. I hope you are right but it's to early to tell. As a colleague of mine has often told me...."potential" is a French-derived word meaning "hasn't done it yet".

Geathers, Anderson, Parry, Goode is a pretty damn solid draft...Dorsett isn't gonna be a bust either..We missed on Smith, but at the time everyone praised the pick..You can't hit every pick..To get 4 solid starters and or 3 starters and a couple contributers is a good draft where  we were picking..Injuries to Geathers and Anderson took some of the luster off, but you can't predict injuries especially for the colts..

1 minute ago, jshipp23 said:

Geathers, Anderson, Parry, Goode is a pretty damn solid draft...Dorsett isn't gonna be a bust either..We missed on Smith, but at the time everyone praised the pick..You can't hit every pick..To get 4 solid starters and or 3 starters and a couple contributers is a good draft where  we were picking..Injuries to Geathers and Anderson took some of the luster off, but you can't predict injuries especially for the colts..

I certainly agree with 2015 being "solid" and "good" but I don't agree with "great". I also agree with your note about injuries as in most cases they aren't predictable (unless you are talking players with a history of injuries e.g. Romo, Bradford, RGIII). So, I don't fault Grigson for the likes of Gosder Cherilus, Donald Thomas, or Arthur Jones. Certainly not Anderson or Geathers. I hope Dorsett improves. He has the speed for sure but so does Darius Heyward-Bey and DHB is a larger and more physical player who is a much bigger target and a very good downfield blocker. Dorsett all but disappears in many games. I'm certainly hopeful that Dorsett develops into something much more. Before the 2015 draft scouts expressed concerns about Dorsett's productivity at Miami. His yards per catch was terrific but he only had something like 24 receptions his senior season. That seems like what the Colts are experiencing with him.

17 minutes ago, Buddy Lee said:

I certainly agree with 2015 being "solid" and "good" but I don't agree with "great". I also agree with your note about injuries as in most cases they aren't predictable (unless you are talking players with a history of injuries e.g. Romo, Bradford, RGIII). So, I don't fault Grigson for the likes of Gosder Cherilus, Donald Thomas, or Arthur Jones. Certainly not Anderson or Geathers. I hope Dorsett improves. He has the speed for sure but so does Darius Heyward-Bey and DHB is a larger and more physical player who is a much bigger target and a very good downfield blocker. Dorsett all but disappears in many games. I'm certainly hopeful that Dorsett develops into something much more. Before the 2015 draft scouts expressed concerns about Dorsett's productivity at Miami. His yards per catch was terrific but he only had something like 24 receptions his senior season. That seems like what the Colts are experiencing with him.

I think Dorsetts confidence is shot right now...We have used him as basically a decoy for 2 years and he too has been hurt..Coaching is a big part of this..I don't understand why we don't put him in slot on short routes to get him some touches and chances to use his speed...He could end up being bust, but we took him cause hilton was a free agent so we needed a backup plan..You can see he is a special athlete I just hope it's just coaching and confidence holding him back right now...