Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you were Pagano, would you let players watch scores of 1 pm games?!

Colts1324

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Do you think Pagano will let/tell his players not to watch the scores of the  Tennessee/Miama games before they play the Raiders? Would you let them if you were the coach? I hope they don't so they give it their all no matter the circumstances. 

2 hours ago, AZColt11 said:

I don't think he will have a choice.  Most stadiums nowadays post scores and highlights of other games on the big screens.

AZColt said it perfectly

You know Jim Irsay is gonna ask the Raiders to post the scores on the big screen. Fans will react, and so will the players. Hopefully the Raiders say no, we need to focus on them. Nothing else matters if we lose 

5 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

AZColt said it perfectly

You know Jim Irsay is gonna ask the Raiders to post the scores on the big screen. Fans will react, and so will the players. Hopefully the Raiders say no, we need to focus on them. Nothing else matters if we lose 

I say this knowing we are in the Christmas season but...

Dear God...

A lot of players purposely don't look at scores during game day. Or at least they act that way in the interviews. I'm sure they'll have their phones out there to keep an eye on the scores. Hopefully we don't lay an egg if our playoff chances are gone.

36 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Well, contrary to popular opinion in this thread, IF TN wins and officially eliminates any chance of us getting in, i'd rather just rest the main/key guys.  No need to get hurt in meaningless games and plus it'll boost our draft position slightly.

Ridiculous. We already discredited ourselves by letting the Jets squeeze into the play offs a few years ago. Stop with this quitting nonesense.

8 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

AZColt said it perfectly

Plus we will know by then where we stand if either titans or Houston wins tomorrow we are automatically finished.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Well, contrary to popular opinion in this thread, IF TN wins and officially eliminates any chance of us getting in, i'd rather just rest the main/key guys.  No need to get hurt in meaningless games and plus it'll boost our draft position slightly.

The likelihood of Indy being eliminated from playoff contention is high by the time they kickoff.  In the event that does happen, the Colts will positively NOT sit key players nor should they.  

Is there any real certainty that drafting 16th vs. 18th will make that big a difference?  Plus I also think teams can take momentum gained from the year before into the next season.  The Detroit Lions from last year are a prime example.  

3 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

The likelihood of Indy being eliminated from playoff contention is high by the time they kickoff.  In the event that does happen, the Colts will positively NOT sit key players nor should they.  

Is there any real certainty that drafting 16th vs. 18th will make that big a difference?  Plus I also think teams can take momentum gained from the year before into the next season.  The Detroit Lions from last year are a prime example.  

And we gave them an additional helping hand in week one, with THAT time out.....

4 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

There is no such thing as momentum in football; especially not between seasons. 

25 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

There is no such thing as momentum in football; especially not between seasons. 

You don't think there is value in learning about your team & players in games that technically don't mean anything?  You don't think there is value to finding an identity on how they want to play going forward?

I absolutely believe you can build on things learned in one season into the next.  

2 hours ago, csmopar said:

Tennessee isn't winning 

Division will be 8-7 3 ways heading into Week 17 

21 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

You don't think there is value in learning about your team & players in games that technically don't mean anything?  You don't think there is value to finding an identity on how they want to play going forward?

I absolutely believe you can build on things learned in one season into the next.  

That is a loaded question. I never said there is no value in learning about your players, and I definitely don't think a team should ever tank. They should go all out regardless of the implications of the game. 

I was simply saying that the idea of momentum ( I.e. that winning can carry over from play to play, game to game, and season to season) is not real.

8 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

That is a loaded question. I never said there is no value in learning about your players, and I definitely don't think a team should ever tank. They should go all out regardless of the implications of the game. 

I was simply saying that the idea of momentum ( I.e. that winning can carry over from play to play, game to game, and season to season) is not real.

With all due respect, I think you could not be more wrong.

21 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

We  won last 2 meaningless games last season and that REALLY PROPELLED US TO A FAST START THIS SEASON.....Lol

we could still be bad next year if we tank too.  you guys act like we will automatically be better if we lose on purpose

we could have the first overall pick and still suck.  it happens to teams all the time. 

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

I respect your opinion, but to me, this team is not good enough to do that. They need to play as much real football as they can between now and next September and continue to improve in every facet of the game.

Besides, they will have to play many important/key players on both sides of the ball no matter what. It's not like there are 22 scrubs you can throw out there and not care if they get hurt.....

4 hours ago, jskinnz said:

With all due respect, I think you could not be more wrong.

Agree. If Irsay really plans on keeping Pagano who will more than likely keep Chud. More snaps in this offense will only help. Plus who wants to watch Tolzien and ferguson all game. TY Hilton has a receiving crown to win!!! 

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

we could still be bad next year if we tank too.  you guys act like we will automatically be better if we lose on purpose

we could have the first overall pick and still suck.  it happens to teams all the time. 

I didn't say to tank or we will be better next season if we lose. My point was winning the last 2 games THIS SEASON will not give us some kind momentum to start NEXT SEASON.

The players will know most of the outcomes before kickoff and I anticipate that there will stilll be enough of a chance remaining to make them approach this game as a must win.  Even if the Titans beat the Jags and eliminate the Colts from winning the AFC South...Indy still could be alive for the final wildcard spot going into the final week of the season if they beat Oakland and the Texans lose to the Bengals, Ravens lose to Pittsburgh, Dolphins lose to the Bills, and the Broncos lose to the Chiefs.  None of those are beyond the relm of possibility.  The main objective for this week is to get the win in Oakland and hope that our pulse is still beating in one way or another for at least another week. 

7 hours ago, jskinnz said:

No, but a major injury in a meaningless game can set your franchise back. Plus it'd get some of the young guys some game time experience. I say we treat it like the 3rd game of the preseason, starters play a quarter to 2 at the most

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

No, but a major injury in a meaningless game can set your franchise back. Plus it'd get some of the young guys some game time experience. I say we treat it like the 3rd game of the preseason, starters play a quarter to 2 at the most

It wouldn't be bad to see what we have in Tolzien & Morris.

2 hours ago, Colts1324 said:

Agree. If Irsay really plans on keeping Pagano who will more than likely keep Chud. More snaps in this offense will only help. Plus who wants to watch Tolzien and ferguson all game. TY Hilton has a receiving crown to win!!! 

I didn't think Tolzien played poorly against Pittsburgh.  I actually thought we could have one if not for all of the drops.  If we do get eliminated from the playoffs this week I am wondering if it would make sense to play him against Jacksonville to showcase him as a possible trade candidate.  So many teams are looking for a QB and with the draft being weak maybe he has some value.  He is young and we could always sign an older veteran as backup i.e.Fitzpatrick.  Could be one of those trades where the pick gets better depending on how much he plays. Just thinking out of the box. 

8 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I didn't think Tolzien played poorly against Pittsburgh.  I actually thought we could have one if not for all of the drops.  If we do get eliminated from the playoffs this week I am wondering if it would make sense to play him against Jacksonville to showcase him as a possible trade candidate.  So many teams are looking for a QB and with the draft being weak maybe he has some value.  He is young and we could always sign an older veteran as backup i.e.Fitzpatrick.  Could be one of those trades where the pick gets better depending on how much he plays. Just thinking out of the box. 

No.

2 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I didn't say to tank or we will be better next season if we lose. My point was winning the last 2 games THIS SEASON will not give us some kind momentum to start NEXT SEASON.

Especially with  20 to 30 new guys. This year will have nothing to do with next year.

4 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I think Tolzien played good too. But he isn't Luck and we are gonna have to score 30 points to win this game. The steelers had no pass rush compared to what Oakland will be bringing. If Tolzien plays we maybe score 10, we could score however many we need to.

It doesn't matter if they watch the 1 pm games! Our team has some smart people on it. They know the situation we're in and I'm not sure that anybody actually thinks that we have playoff hopes.

Like the players were saying before the Houston game.. it was game 7. We lost. The leaders of the team called us out for being soft and mentally weak. At this point the team is playing to prove themselves... to themselves and nothing else!