Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It starts at the top, Irsay sucks

YourNextGM

7 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Really? He wasnt the reason we won.  He had the ball to win amd failed both times.  Horribly missing TY.  Mismanaging the clock.  I'm really starting yo questiin his leadership.  He's definitely more Eli than Peyton 

We had a 14 point lead with 4 mins left in the game.  That's on the defense and coaches

4 minutes ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

Ever see major league? Same concept.  irsay wants to build a team that is so bad that nobody will come. And he wants atendance to fall so he can move his team from Indianapolis to Los Angeles.

Um....no, definitely not.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Luck will get a pass again,  and that upsets me

Waiting to hear how Luck lost us the game this time.

Incredible, some people literally live to pin everything on Luck...

Of course you will pin me as someone who always defends Luck even though I was hard on him in that past.

28 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Now, if we could take the best players from all 4 AFC South teams, we MIGHT contend for the AFC crown. Probably still wouldn't be able to beat the pats, lol.

Ha, wouldn't that be fun to see. Andrew, Watt, Hopkins, and Hurns or Robinson on the same team? I'd dig it lol. 

21 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ya but we made Brock look like a good QB which he isn't I'm sorry but that was a win that we gave to the Texans pathetic loss by the colts tonight.

It's actually reminiscent of the Rosencopter game...freaky. 

21 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

Really? He wasnt the reason we won.  He had the ball to win amd failed both times.  Horribly missing TY.  Mismanaging the clock.  I'm really starting yo questiin his leadership.  He's definitely more Eli than Peyton 

By this logic, every season post season loss during the Peyton era is on Peyton.

Amazing that you'll completely ignore the most pathetic defensive effort I can remember seeing from this team on that Miller play for the TD. That was spineless football, guys literally standing around. I've seen Luck give more effort chasing down INTs and Fumbles.

2 minutes ago, ThatOneColtFan said:

Waiting to hear how Luck lost us the game this time.

Incredible, some people literally live to pin everything on Luck...

Of course you will pin me as someone who always defends Luck even though I was hard on him in that past.

Not blaming Luck - he is the one bright spot on this team.. BUT he needs to learn to throw that ball away.

2 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

Not blaming Luck - he is the one bright spot on this team.. BUT he needs to learn to throw that ball away.

I agree, but there are some plays where the rush gets there too quick. I don't want to seem him get hit, but if you try and throw it in some of those situations; sack fumble.

13 minutes ago, Nostrils said:

Irsay and his daughters bug me

They're exceptionally classy people who do a lot of charity work and good things for the community.  I just think Irsay is a part of the problem when it comes to the football side of things.  I think he should let his daughters take over (and have them take a more hands-off approach) while he focuses on charity/community work.  Just my opinion

35 minutes ago, jjcolts said:

You could throw part of the blame at Hilton for not jumping in front of that defender cause he was right next to the guy that picked it if he jumps in front of him he either catches it or at least knocks it down so it cant be picked but yes that needed to be thrown away but no 100% on luck.

This is true....irsay has been soft for a while now.....resigning chuck and grigs for 4 more years was a big mistake you never hear about him being upset I think that news report of him and grigs having tension last season was not true it was something to say to get attention 

6 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

You really need to take off the "I hate Luck" glasses.

You should hear my father hate on luck. It's kinda hard to listen too sometimes. I realize the frustration but to be completely honest with this being the first 100 yard rushing game, which wouldn't have happened if we didn't go into overtime, says a lot. 

no running game, no oline, no pass rush for the last 5 years, and every time luck holds onto the ball for a little bit too long it's like his brain explodes and he gets angry. It is a little bit funny but more like dude he's not super man. He's not Peyton manning who had a staff who HELPED him devolope and not hinder. So many variables including you're a little spoiled watching the GOAT for 14 seasons straight. Perspective is everything I understand that, and you can't expect luck to make the perfect throw, or perfect decision every single play. 

Another thing im tired of hearing is "HIGHEST PAID QB!" yeah. He's highest paid, and who made him that offer? Did Andrew say, I won't play for less than highest paid QB? For some reason I highly doubt this. 

So at the end of the day, you have a QB who has gotten his brains knocked out for the last 5 years, who has coaches that are just as undisciplined as their players are, and you expect him to make just as few mistakes as Peyton manning. The guy who had a GREAT offensive staff, and decent oline to start his career? I'm starting to think everyone just hates the team in general. I don't. I just hate the coaches and GM. Not that there is anyone better available but I'm starting to wonder if anyone would be better. Bring in herb brooks from the US Olympic team! He would make them work!

no sense is made today. 

6 hours ago, jjcolts said:

Not sure about the other sacks/hits but that last one on him I think he took rather than throwing the ball away because of the situation.  The Colts were clearly going to have to punt it back to Houston and Houston had no timeouts left.  He didn't want to run out of bounds or throw the ball away so the clock would keep running.  So I think he thought the sack in that situation was the best play because obviously they weren't going to get a first down there.

3 hours ago, VaAllDay757 said:

This is true....irsay has been soft for a while now.....resigning chuck and grigs for 4 more years was a big mistake you never hear about him being upset I think that news report of him and grigs having tension last season was not true it was something to say to get attention 

Jimmy is more concern about buying classic rock music items such as guitars and drum kits. He has no fire in the belly either.

The Pack is down, the Steelers are down, the Panthers are down, San Diego continues to flounder, the 49ers are no good, the Cardinals are down. These are teams that have gone from good to bad or in the Chargers will never get there so what to do? Is it the coaching, the management, the mood of the players? Then you have a team like the Cowboys that suddenly seem invincible.  Separate from every other team is the Patriots who seem to have every position on the staff and team roster locked while Cleveland is the eternal loser. The Colts tread water and remain afloat but are not going anywhere and at best have been "also rans" since Luck arrived but don't forget with Manning and a solid support team they won one only SB and that was against the Bears.

I can't let you guys blame our owner on this one. It's insane to do so. He gave them an opportunity based off past 11-5 season. The real problem is the D coordinator. It's on him to dial up plays to hold our lead. Our defense was bad last season. Would rather have Manusky though 

8 hours ago, Irsay420 said:

We have a monkey as a coach now. Serious question who out there is better??? Gruden aint leaving, Fisher aint leaving. Harbaugh aint leaving michigan. (thank goodness) Seriously who out there looking for a job is better than Pagano????  

I can't name a candidate off the top of my head, but Mr. Irsay gave Chuck Pagano his first crack at a Head Coaching position. His results as a HC are in and it's not good enough. Give somebody else with NFL pedigree a crack as a HC, Chuck is in over his head. I'm so tired of being out-coached. It has to be demoralizing for the players to know that other team's coaches can make adjustments to help them manage a game and ultimately win it. Our coaches can't. 

Irsay has put a lot of faith into Chuck and his ability to run a first-class NFL team. I believe Mr. Irsay is being too patient. Having a heart to heart talk and then extending both HC and GM was not enough to improve our status in this league. We don't scare anybody anymore. Not that we have ever scared the Pats, Steelers or other top teams in the NFL.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

The Pack is down, the Steelers are down, the Panthers are down, San Diego continues to flounder, the 49ers are no good, the Cardinals are down. These are teams that have gone from good to bad or in the Chargers will never get there so what to do? Is it the coaching, the management, the mood of the players? Then you have a team like the Cowboys that suddenly seem invincible.  Separate from every other team is the Patriots who seem to have every position on the staff and team roster locked while Cleveland is the eternal loser. The Colts tread water and remain afloat but are not going anywhere and at best have been "also rans" since Luck arrived but don't forget with Manning and a solid support team they won one only SB and that was against the Bears.

I feel your pain. We are in a similar situation in Baltimore. The Colts and Ravens had many year of successes, and are now floundering. The main culprit I believe, is mediocre drafting and lack of depth on both teams. Irsay should just eat the extensions and fire Grigson and Pagano. Get a good up and coming GM, and a new coach like Frank Reich. Because of Ozzie's long term success, and Harbaugh has a Super Bowl, I think Biscotti has to give both one more year. Despite being 3-3, this is a very bad team, and many of our drafts lately have been a bust. Maybe time to turn the reigns to DeCosta and kick Ozzie upstairs. Harbaugh's message may be getting stale after many good years also. 

The Colts don't have any hang ups to fire both except money, which Irsay has a ton of. I know how you all feel. I've been watching uninspired football also. 

12 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

I feel your pain. We are in a similar situation in Baltimore. The Colts and Ravens had many year of successes, and are now floundering. The main culprit I believe, is mediocre drafting and lack of depth on both teams. Irsay should just eat the extensions and fire Grigson and Pagano. Get a good up and coming GM, and a new coach like Frank Reich. Because of Ozzie's long term success, and Harbaugh has a Super Bowl, I think Biscotti has to give both one more year. Despite being 3-3, this is a very bad team, and many of our drafts lately have been a bust. Maybe time to turn the reigns to DeCosta and kick Ozzie upstairs. Harbaugh's message may be getting stale after many good years also. 

The Colts don't have any hang ups to fire both except money, which Irsay has a ton of. I know how you all feel. I've been watching uninspired football also. 

It's ironic that the two whistle blowers in deflat-gate have not seen a good day since. Oh the fury of Robert Kraft. Lol.

2 hours ago, a06cc said:

I can't let you guys blame our owner on this one. It's insane to do so. He gave them an opportunity based off past 11-5 season. The real problem is the D coordinator. It's on him to dial up plays to hold our lead. Our defense was bad last season. Would rather have Manusky though 

I agree with your premise, with the exception that you have to have guys that can play.  And also, to be fair, Melvin did an outstanding job on coverage on that essential game winning pass play, he just got beat by a perfect pass and perfect catch.  Now everything leading up to it was primarily poor personnel.   The defensive strategy worked until half the starting defense got injured in game.  So you're not wrong exactly, but I think you have to be fair in that injury cost us this game.   It's simply a lost season. Now we get to know what it feels like to miss the playoffs 2 years in a row after it not happening for what? a couple decades? 

2 hours ago, Indianapolis-Colts-Fan said:

You should hear my father hate on luck. It's kinda hard to listen too sometimes. I realize the frustration but to be completely honest with this being the first 100 yard rushing game, which wouldn't have happened if we didn't go into overtime, says a lot. 

no running game, no oline, no pass rush for the last 5 years, and every time luck holds onto the ball for a little bit too long it's like his brain explodes and he gets angry. It is a little bit funny but more like dude he's not super man. He's not Peyton manning who had a staff who HELPED him devolope and not hinder. So many variables including you're a little spoiled watching the GOAT for 14 seasons straight. Perspective is everything I understand that, and you can't expect luck to make the perfect throw, or perfect decision every single play. 

Another thing im tired of hearing is "HIGHEST PAID QB!" yeah. He's highest paid, and who made him that offer? Did Andrew say, I won't play for less than highest paid QB? For some reason I highly doubt this. 

So at the end of the day, you have a QB who has gotten his brains knocked out for the last 5 years, who has coaches that are just as undisciplined as their players are, and you expect him to make just as few mistakes as Peyton manning. The guy who had a GREAT offensive staff, and decent oline to start his career? I'm starting to think everyone just hates the team in general. I don't. I just hate the coaches and GM. Not that there is anyone better available but I'm starting to wonder if anyone would be better. Bring in herb brooks from the US Olympic team! He would make them work!

no sense is made today. 

I hear ya. People seem to forget how much Peyton struggled his first 4 or 5 years. It took him a while to figure out how to step up in the pocket instead of curling up in the fetal position when pressure came. Also took him forever to learn how to throw on the run (acutely) and like you said Peyton had way more support across the board.

9 hours ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

You really need to take off the "I hate Luck" glasses.

So I hate Luck.  I'm actually a fam of Luck,  but how many dumb decisions can he make before people criticize him? That int was a killer.  And then he started missing throws amd taking sacks.  You can tell he has zero leadership skills.  

49 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

It's ironic that the two whistle blowers in deflat-gate have not seen a good day since. Oh the fury of Robert Kraft. Lol.

One other note on Kraft and Belichick. They are not afraid to draft edgy players. Since Ray Rice, the Ravens have strayed away from guys with an edge , like the Pollard, Boldins, Lewis's and Reeds of the world. You are not drafting or acquiring choir boys, you are getting NFL players. I'm not excusing Ray Rice, I'm just saying the Ravens have strayed away from dicey personality players with some swagger, and it's killed them. Harbaugh doesn't like players like Reed, Pollard, or Boldin because they have an edge. I think Irsay and his daughters also stay away from these types of players. Kraft and Belichick don't do this, despite Aaron Hernandez. They still take best player available, and look to take some intimidating players. 

Certainly all organizations want to take the high road, but the Patriots don't listen to outside pressure, and stay the course. The results are obvious. 

13 minutes ago, YourNextGM said:

So I hate Luck.  I'm actually a fam of Luck,  but how many dumb decisions can he make before people criticize him? That int was a killer.  And then he started missing throws amd taking sacks.  You can tell he has zero leadership skills.  

this gets brought up a lot, but from what i see luck does get a ton of criticisim

after every loss the whole bone head play thing comes up.  what more can we do? 

we all know he needs to make better decisions, its not like we can force him to do it

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

this gets brought up a lot, but from what i see luck does get a ton of criticisim

after every loss the whole bone head play thing comes up.  what more can we do? 

we all know he needs to make better decisions, its not like we can force him to do it

Him and Eli Manning just get too many passes.  Now Eli has rings,  Luck has a blowout in the AFCCG.  He's a nice kid,  I get it.  But the teams record w/ him on the field the last 2yrs is pitiful.  Im beginning to think its not a coincidence.  The defense has given him the ball back to win gms 3 times. Jville,  Den, Hou  and he wet the bed.  That Jacksonville gm still hurts.  Its to the point on 4th and 1, I rather just handoff each time and live w/ the consequence.  I don't trust him anymore.  He needs a coach that chews him out from time to time.  

10 hours ago, Irsay420 said:

We have a monkey as a coach now. Serious question who out there is better??? Gruden aint leaving, Fisher aint leaving. Harbaugh aint leaving michigan. (thank goodness) Seriously who out there looking for a job is better than Pagano????  

This argument doesn't make any sense. So we should just leave an incompetent head coach at the helm since we don't know what is out there? There are services for owners to use to find these guys for one. Second, you would probably be able to choose just about any OC you wanted in the league to become head coach as they will want a chance to coach Luck. This is before you even take into account college HC's (not my personal preference) or retread NFL HCs. Give them a short 3 year contract that you can easily get out of if they don't have "it." But clearly Pagano needs to be shown the door.

Irsay is part of the problem, and he's the only one who can fix it. 

Irsay needs to admit he made a mistake by keeping Bert and Ernie and rectify it. Pagano/Grigson will run the team further into the ground this year and then Irsay can hand the better draft position to some people who actually know what they're doing after he fires this two-headed inept "monster".