Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

131 of 205, 1,469 yards, 10 TDs, 3 INTs

oldunclemark

6 minutes ago, #12. said:

Just imagine if they actually blocked for him and the defense got the opposing team off the field occasionally. 

Im sorry but what game did you watch today? He was pretty well blocked for the most part of the game. Running and defense is the huge problem.

48 minutes ago, snkdy said:

Completion percentage is up to 63%. Still room for improvement though.

Also, TY is near the top of the leader-board in receiving yards.

We lead the league in drops...  and he has little time... it is a miracle he can produce anything...

33 minutes ago, bap1331 said:

I can tell you that 3-4 of the sacks today were because Luck held on wayyyy too long on that ball.

That may or may not be true,   but even if it IS true,  here's the deal....

So many of his completions were because he held on to the ball way too long and when his first and second, and maybe even third options didn't come open, he then scrambled around and still found an open receiver breaking free.        That doesn't happen if he just throws the ball away.

So,  there is upside to the downside.      It's a risk/reward thing that has to be taken into consideration.

3 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Look at who we've played

I didn't suggest we're good...I am saying year after year against most of our schedule he's given us a chance to win most games. Last year in by far his worst year he beat the Super Bowl champs and took the 15-1 runner up to us having a lead against then in overtime,  Only when the defense totally implodes ( like Pitt) has he failed to give us a chance.

12 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

We lead the league in drops...  and he has little time... it is a miracle he can produce anything...

That's the true story..

..everybody knows we've got Luck throwing eventually to TY Hilton..and we still do it...

That's what we do and we still do it

Just now, oldunclemark said:

That's the true story..

..everybody knows we've got Luck throwing eventually to TY Hilton..and we still do it...

That's what we do and we still do it

That's because both guys are clutch and at this time they are our only two top tier players, on perhaps the worst overall talent starved team.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

So many of his completions were because he held on to the ball way too long and when his first and second, and maybe even third options didn't come open, he then scrambled around and still found an open receiver breaking free.        That doesn't happen if he just throws the ball away.

So,  there is upside to the downside.      It's a risk/reward thing that has to be taken into consideration.

I agree with this 100%. We are running a system that relies on Luck to hold onto the ball, plus our inexperienced pass catchers (minus TY) are having a tough time separating, which isnt helping. 

Our O line isnt being done any favors for the stat sheet, but they are actually holding up fairly well so far. The numbers are deceiving when we hold onto the ball so much. I will be interested to see when the stats for how long our average pass protection time per play comes out. If it is even league average, I consider that a step forward for our line as a group. 

Here's a little observation from my desk; our receivers are sluggish off the snap. TY is the fastest WR off the line of scrimmage, and it's a piece of why he's the # 1. I found it odd that this doesn't get the critical attention it deserves. The sluggish release off the line affects the route time and thus the time Andrew must hold the ball.

Some fans are spending time listening to Skip Clueless instead of watching NFL rewind.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was about to type this....there is no perfect QB, our plays of 20+ are crazy good AND we get sacked too much.  Ying/Yang.

29 minutes ago, Douzer said:

Here's a little observation from my desk; our receivers are sluggish off the snap. TY is the fastest WR off the line of scrimmage, and it's a piece of why he's the # 1. I found it odd that this doesn't get the critical attention it deserves. The sluggish release off the line affects the route time and thus the time Andrew must hold the ball.

Some fans are spending time listening to Skip Clueless instead of watching NFL rewind.

I've been critical of our WR's routes and technique for a few years, most of the time you can't see it the way the game is covered.  You have to really pay attention to the replays and watch away from the ball to pick it up.  We also don't run many short crossing routes with WR's, we run A LOT of 5-9 routes and not many 1-4 routes, I never see us run comebacks and we don't run back shoulder fades, which to me, is the toughest throw/catch combo in football.  So, it could be coaches as well because I have no doubt Luck can make the throws.  In the end, it could be play design, skill, coaching or discipline or a little bit of all the above.  There was a great result today where TY had given up on his route, then realized he needed to stay alive and came back to Luck for a 20 yrd gain.  There should be zero quit on your route throughout the entirety of the play which I see guys quit early on their routes at times.  Anyway, I'm rambling now.....I'm glad you noticed.  

PS. Skip Bayless is the most overpaid host in the history of overpaid hosts. Thinks LeBron and Luck suck and is a HUGE fan of Tebow and RGIII so there you go......

Bottom line:  Andrew is fine.  Not sure about his right shoulder, but he himself is not hurting the team.  He is the LEAST of my worries about this team right now, yet the critics will point to him as the problem, which I find laughable.  He is proving them more wrong by the week.

If he wasn't so rich I'd feel bad for him, but he's definitely dragging this team on his back. 

Although not as explosive on O this reminds me of the 'no punt' Colts early in Peyton's career if you get what I mean (when our D couldn't stop anyone and he had to score every possession...literally).

24 minutes ago, AZColt11 said:

Bottom line:  Andrew is fine.  Not sure about his right shoulder, but he himself is not hurting the team.  He is the LEAST of my worries about this team right now, yet the critics will point to him as the problem, which I find laughable.  He is proving them more wrong by the week.

Why mention the shoulder? It seems fine. Do you see a problem with it?