LucasOilStadium

• Replies 833
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dgambill said:

Yep...now it does. No pressure and guys just wide open every where!

Yeah literally no pressure, Howard and their OL is just dominating us also.  I wonder if this may just be the worst defense I've ever seen.  Could they take it even lower??

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• Ever since that LSU championship team, I kind of have been a fan of the reverse theory - when you have another dominant receiver on your team, it's even more impressive if you manage to stack up such insane production. Chase and Jefferson were amazing together and at the time everybody thought Jefferson is benefiting from Chase, but the reality is... there is only one ball. And if it goes to one player at disproportionately high volume, commanding huge portion of the remaining volume is actually a huge positive. It shows that even if you are not the 1st option on this particular team, you are able to accumulate big numbers and there is possibly some hidden potential to be a no. 1 receiver. Kind of like Jefferson has been able to prove in the league. Kind of like Olave has been able to do, too.    Big production at high level, combined with high level traits is like catnip for me, when we talk about receivers, and the presence of another big time receiver on the team is not really something that will dissuade me from selecting that player. If anything, I feel like there is some unexplored value there. 
    • Walker might be the answer for us in round 2 if we go DE or CB in round 1
    • If he has a good week at the Combine, he'll start getting a lot more top 20 buzz. I agree that he could be the 4th WR this year. As for how much he benefited from playing with Nabers, there's no question that's a boost for him, but it's probably a two way street. And the stat sheet isn't what makes him attractive. I see speed, size, ability to separate, big catch ability, hands, toughness, explosiveness, and a lot of upside as a route runner/technician.    What do you mean by the bolded? He played all three years at LSU, and never played against Michigan State. What's the connection there?   Everyone will have their own ideas and opinions. It's not hard for me to see him as a good option at #15, but it's my opinion that we're not drafting a WR in the first round anyway.
    • Brian Thomas to me is a boom or bust kind of pick. Will he be LSU Brian, or Michigan St. Brian. The biggest thing I question about him is if was really that dominant this past year, or if he flourished because most of the attention was on Nabers. Saying that, a good showing this week and he will probably be solidified as WR4 on many boards. Personally, I wouldn't be happy if we took him at 15. There's gonna be better available talent. 
    • Sorry, but calling the NFL Draft a crapshoot is an insult to NFL GMs, the scouts, and the Coaches who put work into this process. No team bats 1.000 in the draft obviously, but some teams are much better at hitting in the draft than others. As much as I bash Ballard, he has a good system where he has built the Colts around the NFL Draft. That's the one thing he is elite on. The elite teams all hit in the draft to some extent as you have to keep cheap talent flowing through the team every year so you can stay under the cap while paying your players and remain competitive.   I had Mahomes as the top QB in the 2017 class. Didn't have him as good as he was, but I had him ranked over Trubisky and Watson for the same reasons I had Josh Allen as the top QB in the 2018 class and even mocked him at 5 to the Broncos in the Gavin Mock Draft. I go for the upside running modern QBs. I was two years early on this.    Purdy I thought was draftable, never knew he'd be that good, but I did have him as a long-term backup in the NFL. I thought he'd go 5th or 6th round and he fell to Mr Irrelevant. Yeah, Lynch got bailed out by that pick lol. However, he was nearly perfect otherwise, so just for a situation like that to happen where he allowed himself to waste 3 first round picks and survive with a 7th round QB hit is a testament to how well he's built that team through the draft, FA, and trades. 
  • Members

• KB

KB 998

• JediXMan

JediXMan 4,516

• CoachLite

CoachLite 1,151

• CheezyColt

CheezyColt 880

• NorthernColt

NorthernColt 617

• ColtStrong2013