Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano complaints (merge)

RockThatBlue

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, dw49 said:

This" looking at film" thing is really getting old....just saying.

Also , is it possible to coach some stupidness out of this team ? Can't simply do things like down a punt without spastically batting it into the end zone . Constantly wiping out big plays with offensive holding , defensive penalties on 3rd down stops. Maybe just a dumb team ? What I do know is just saying "we gotta stop shooting ourselves in the foot " doesn't seem to stop it. 

To be fair. Most of those big plays don't happen unless our guys hold on for dear life 

The team is simply outmatched. 

No pass rushers or athletic LBs.  The safeties are young.  The O still doesn't have one decent WR after $12 million per year TY and first round pick Dorsett...or else the OC can't figure it out.  And it seems like other teams get a spark from a backup RB once in a while.  Our backup RBs can barely stay in the league.

The "looking at film" thing just seems like coach reaching for something to say after another game in which the team looked unprepared, out game planned, undisciplined and beat in every phase of the game. These things are corrected when you have a head coach, position coach or a water boy who can get through to a player about proper technique, etc.. Afraid though that some of these things won't go away until we get some better talent on the roster, sometime no amount of coaching can overcome poor talent- and we are full of poor talent.

5 hours ago, Indy_Mike said:

Supposedly, one of Pagano's great virtues is, he is a man of integrity. Well, there is no doubt he had to have made a lot of promises to Mr. Irsay to get another chance at coaching this team. Promises that he hasn't, and won't, come close to fulfilling. A true man of integrity would go to Mr. Irsay and hand him his resignation at the end of this season...if not sooner. Mr. Irsay trusted him, obviously got talked into a very silly decision, Pagano is making him look like a complete fool....so do the right thing Coach and let Jimmy of the hook!

Sad thing is that Jimmy has no clue that he looks like a moronic fool right about now.

44 minutes ago, gacoop1 said:

This all can be corrected with new bloods in the coaching staff and a new GM.

Didn't we just change half our staff after last year.

Pags is horrible at scheming to his players strengths and he is so loyal to his vets that our better players are not in. 

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Also , is it possible to coach some stupidness out of this team ? Can't simply do things like down a punt without spastically batting it into the end zone . Constantly wiping out big plays with offensive holding , defensive penalties on 3rd down stops. Maybe just a dumb team ? What I do know is just saying "we gotta stop shooting ourselves in the foot " doesn't seem to stop it. 

I think they've already blown off both their feet by now.... There's only so many times you can shoot yourself in the foot and have it remain intact.  

We're just so beyond everything at this point.

They've all been saying the same old tired % for so long now... They've been out to "clean up" issues for YEARS now and it just never happens.

They made all that ballyhoo in the offseason about fixing the line, and improving the defense and they are both worse than ever.

It's gone on long enough now that we should all just be kind of numb to it. I know I am. I don't believe it when they say it because it's obviously just this weeks plate of steaming nonesense, but I don't even have hopes for improvement anymore. I've seen this same exact script dozens of times now, and it just is what it is, and it'll never be anything different.

Rinse and repeat.

1 hour ago, dw49 said:

Merged with the Chuck Pagano thread

To me, what you just said is a coaching problem.  Belichick preaches situational football.  Understand the situation, know what your goals are, and achieve them.  Situational football wins you games.  This coaching staff is in completely over their heads.  In my eyes, the technique used by the offensive tackles is terrible.  The team lacks any situational awareness.  Stupid penalties (speaking of which, TJ Green has a personal foul penalty in 3 consecutive games) show players either don't understand the situation, or they don't know what to do.

28 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

I think they've already blown off both their feet by now.... There's only so many times you can shoot yourself in the foot and have it remain intact.  

Dunno if they have feet left. I'll let you know when I look at the film. Hard for me to comment until I see the film.

13 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

We're just so beyond everything at this point.

They've all been saying the same old tired % for so long now... They've been out to "clean up" issues for YEARS now and it just never happens.

They made all that ballyhoo in the offseason about fixing the line, and improving the defense and they are both worse than ever.

It's gone on long enough now that we should all just be kind of numb to it. I know I am. I don't believe it when they say it because it's obviously just this weeks plate of steaming nonesense, but I don't even have hopes for improvement anymore. I've seen this same exact script dozens of times now, and it just is what it is, and it'll never be anything different.

Rinse and repeat.

It will get different John and today was a good example of just how it happens. Andrew Luck will regress as he has to do t all on his own. Urine poor defense will make him have to score on almost every series and those turnstiles we have on the O Line will shell shock him. He will get hit and pounded into a crap like QB.

1 hour ago, OHColtfan said:

The "looking at film" thing just seems like coach reaching for something to say after another game in which the team looked unprepared, out game planned, undisciplined and beat in every phase of the game. These things are corrected when you have a head coach, position coach or a water boy who can get through to a player about proper technique, etc.. Afraid though that some of these things won't go away until we get some better talent on the roster, sometime no amount of coaching can overcome poor talent- and we are full of poor talent.

Can you imagine a Bill Belichick team making all these stupid plays week after week ?

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Merged with the Chuck Pagano thread

To me, what you just said is a coaching problem.  Belichick preaches situational football.  Understand the situation, know what your goals are, and achieve them.  Situational football wins you games.  This coaching staff is in completely over their heads.  In my eyes, the technique used by the offensive tackles is terrible.  The team lacks any situational awareness.  Stupid penalties (speaking of which, TJ Green has a personal foul penalty in 3 consecutive games) show players either don't understand the situation, or they don't know what to do.

Id give this a thousand likes if I could.

We are overall a dumb, sloppy team.

Gameplans seem to be generic, 'gotta run the ball', regardless of what may be happening in a particular situation.

The absolute worst thing is we have absolute catastrophic failures each game now. The oline at the end looked like a high school team who's losing by 50 to the state champs. Looking and feeling sorry for themselves.

I'm 100% with you that he's out of his league. He brings nothing to the table. At this point simply a figure head to me.

After listening to another Pagano presser, which sounds like every other win or lose, we're always fixing things.  Excellent preparation, poor execution. Go back and Look at the tape.  Memo to Pagano, you need to actually roll the tape!  The one question I wish someone would have asked Pagano is: "If this were your team, given the talent and staff you and Grigson assembled, would you fire the HC?"  

Another Pagano presser.  Same old lines whether we win or lose.  "We have to fix somethings" "We had a great week of practice, but didn't execute" "We made too many mistakes on both sides of the ball"  "We need to look at the tapes"  Memo to Pagano, it helps to actually roll the tapes. 

The one question I wish someone would have asked Pagano is: "If this were your team, given the talent and staff you and Grigson assembled, would you fire the HC?"  

6 minutes ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

Another Pagano presser.  Same old lines whether we win or lose.  "We have to fix somethings" "We had a great week of practice, but didn't execute" "We made too many mistakes on both sides of the ball"  "We need to look at the tapes"  Memo to Pagano, it helps to actually roll the tapes. 

The one question I wish someone would have asked Pagano is: "If this were your team, given the talent and staff you and Grigson assembled, would you fire the HC?"  

Merged

I have seen enough.  Why can't the Colts organization be more like the New England Patriots organization?  Year after year, the Patriot's organization continually displays that they are, simply, the class of the NFL (except for a few hicckups) but they are ALWAYS in the thick of the playoffs even when thier top players are not always there.  The whole Payton Manning debacle was just terrible.  Despite Andrew Luck being a very good quarterback, obviously, Peyton had a few good years left; enough to take a whole new different team to the superbowl twice and win it once.  That should have been our superbowl but it wasn't.  With that said, the whole Ryan Grigson, Chuck Pagano thing was just a mess not to mention Jim Irsay getting busted for being wasted on whatever he was wasted on.  And, by-the-way, who is this Tolzien guy?  Didn't we learn anything from keeping Curtis Painter as a backup or Kerry Collins?  Obviously the general manager and owner of the Colts did not do anything to make sure we had adequate backup for Andrew.  Wasn't the next big step to make sure Andrew Luck got EMERGENCY PROTECTION as soon as possible in the off season to make sure he did not get hit like he has been getting hit?  I live in Charlotte, North Carolina.  I have been a Colts fan since they moved to Indy way back in 1985 or whatever.  I confess that I am embarrassed to be a Colts fan and I am tired of making excuses for them when people laugh at them in this area of the world.  Long story short (if I can say that now), I think it is really time for me to stop wasting my time rooting for a team and organization that is going nowhere fast making stupid decision after stupid decision.  Oh yeah, the Colts look TERRIBLE every time I see them on television.  What are you guys doing in Indy?  Why are you all getting paid so much money to do what I can do for a fraction?  I can lead the team to a losing record and I would take 10% of what anybody makes on the team.     I'm just sayin.....

51 minutes ago, stacymac said:

I have seen enough.  Why can't the Colts organization be more like the New England Patriots organization?  Year after year, the Patriot's organization continually displays that they are, simply, the class of the NFL (except for a few hicckups) but they are ALWAYS in the thick of the playoffs even when thier top players are not always there.  The whole Payton Manning debacle was just terrible.  Despite Andrew Luck being a very good quarterback, obviously, Peyton had a few good years left; enough to take a whole new different team to the superbowl twice and win it once.  That should have been our superbowl but it wasn't.  With that said, the whole Ryan Grigson, Chuck Pagano thing was just a mess not to mention Jim Irsay getting busted for being wasted on whatever he was wasted on.  And, by-the-way, who is this Tolzien guy?  Didn't we learn anything from keeping Curtis Painter as a backup or Kerry Collins?  Obviously the general manager and owner of the Colts did not do anything to make sure we had adequate backup for Andrew.  Wasn't the next big step to make sure Andrew Luck got EMERGENCY PROTECTION as soon as possible in the off season to make sure he did not get hit like he has been getting hit?  I live in Charlotte, North Carolina.  I have been a Colts fan since they moved to Indy way back in 1985 or whatever.  I confess that I am embarrassed to be a Colts fan and I am tired of making excuses for them when people laugh at them in this area of the world.  Long story short (if I can say that now), I think it is really time for me to stop wasting my time rooting for a team and organization that is going nowhere fast making stupid decision after stupid decision.  Oh yeah, the Colts look TERRIBLE every time I see them on television.  What are you guys doing in Indy?  Why are you all getting paid so much money to do what I can do for a fraction?  I can lead the team to a losing record and I would take 10% of what anybody makes on the team.     I'm just sayin.....

Good by, see ya.

6 minutes ago, HoosierKJ77 said:

I just saw an article that said Peyton has been asked to return to the Colts as the QB coach for next season!!!!

Many fans have been clamoring for a situation like this...

You will probably be asked to provide a link, or to cite your source with information like that!!!

5 hours ago, stacymac said:

"That should have been our Super Bowl"

yeah, like the Colts we're going to acquire a dominating defense that would allow Peyton to do next to nothing.  What planet are living on?

4 hours ago, BOTT said:

yeah, like the Colts we're going to acquire a dominating defense that would allow Peyton to do next to nothing.  What planet are living on?

They might have. They could have traded the number one pic and built a nice little team.You don't know how history would have played. Im not saying they would have, tgough, but it's possible. 

18 hours ago, BOTT said:

For what it's worth, the Browns offered every pick in their draft (and they had 11) for the #1 pick and the right to take Luck.  With the talent in the 2012 draft, we could have built something really spectacular.  We'd have our remaining 9 picks plus the 11 Cleveland would give us to give us a total of 20 draft picks in one class.  Of course, hindsight is 20/20, but that would have given us the ability to take Luke Kuechly and David DeCastro in the first round, Mitchell Schwartz and Bobby Wagner in the 2nd round, Russell Wilson (for the future), TY Hilton, and Lamar Miller in the 3rd round, etc.  Other guys we could have taken: Malik Jackson, George Iloka, Marvin Jones, and Kelvin Beachum.  Again, this is all in an ideal scenario looking back, which gives you the luxury of taking all the good players.  But it would have been very possible to put a very good team around Peyton (who was still playing excellent football in 2012-2014)

3 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

For what it's worth, the Browns offered every pick in their draft (and they had 11) for the #1 pick and the right to take Luck.  With the talent in the 2012 draft, we could have built something really spectacular.  We'd have our remaining 9 picks plus the 11 Cleveland would give us to give us a total of 20 draft picks in one class.  Of course, hindsight is 20/20, but that would have given us the ability to take Luke Kuechly and David DeCastro in the first round, Mitchell Schwartz and Bobby Wagner in the 2nd round, Russell Wilson (for the future), TY Hilton, and Lamar Miller in the 3rd round, etc.  Other guys we could have taken: Malik Jackson, George Iloka, Marvin Jones, and Kelvin Beachum.  Again, this is all in an ideal scenario looking back, which gives you the luxury of taking all the good players.  But it would have been very possible to put a very good team around Peyton (who was still playing excellent football in 2012-2014)

Grab kirk cousins somewhere in there for and eventually replacement to peyton too

4 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

So in fairly tell land where you never miss on a draft pick or free agency it would be possible?