Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck Pagano complaints (merge)

RockThatBlue

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That wasn't what lost us the game in my opinion. There have been times where many posters on here got on Pagano for playing it safe in games and he tried to get the points. 

Also we don't know if Brock would have threw Vontae that interception if he wasn't so deep near his own goal line so that actually made up for it.

Luck's interception before the half that could have gave us three and that low ball to TY on the last drive of the fourth is what really killed us.. you know besides the awful defensive showing from 5 minutes left in the fourth and on.

So many chances to put this thing away, all squandered, all like it was an orchestrated collapse with every single thing that could go the Texans way and every single thing that we could hand them on a gold platter coming to fruition.  Combine all those play-calling gaffs, head coaching gaffs, & the Texans offense carving up an unorganized late-game Colts defense, and you have what is inexplicably, one of the worst, uber-important, early to mid-season division losses I can remember in a while.  Head-scratcher cubed.  :hairout:

5 minutes ago, chrisfarley said:

So many chances to put this thing away, all squandered, all like it was an orchestrated collapse with every single thing that could go the Texans way and every single thing that we could hand them on a gold platter coming to fruition.  Combine all those play-calling gaffs, head coaching gaffs, & the Texans offense carving up an unorganized late-game Colts defense, and you have what is inexplicably, one of the worst early to mid-season uber-important division losses I can remember in a while.  Head-scratcher cubed.  :hairout:

So what you are saying is the team deserves to be living in a van......down by a river?

The difference between 5-11 and 11-5 in the nfl is not that much,

Comes down to head coaching and a few players.

Tonight it was coaching.

How any head coach, from pee wee to the NFL, chooses to go for it on 4th and inches when up by 4, instead of kicking the FG to go up by 7, is beyond me.  I mean, it is crazy crazy stuff.  You kick that EVERY time.

And that was the difference in the game.

51 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

For what it's worth, I agree with the decision to go for it on 4th down.  I strongly disagree with the play call on 3rd and 4th down.  Pagano should have told Chud what to do there

Having dummy tell Chud what to do probably isn't the best option.

Who cares who coaches if we fire Pagano. put a monkey in a colts hat for all I care the more games we lose the better our pick will be. If we start now we might be able to beat the Browns to the 1st overall pick then fleece their a**** for a few future 1sts on a trade as payback for the Richardson trade!!

1 hour ago, Mr Coffee said:

Funny how I haven't heard a peep tonight from the "defend Chuck at all costs" crowd.  You guys finally realizing that Chuck sucks?

I know right?? Im waiting to see what lame a** excuses they use tomorrow. lmao It's literally impossible to defend the showing tonight.

Anyone else notice that O'Brien and gang adjusted their playcalling in the second half? You know, what coaches are supposed to do?!?!

Someone in the gameday thread had mentioned that if they (The Texans) would switch to the run game, we were doomed. And guess what they did?

Ran it down our throats, and there was nothing we could do about it. Miller literally looked like the freakin' Flash out there last night. But did we stack the box? Nope... Did we mix in some exotic blitzes? Nope. 

I have defended chuck in the past on some issues and thought last year he should of gotten another chance due to lack of talent. But I for one would have to agree time for him to step down. Going to prevent with 5 minutes left in the game baffled me The coaches could of used more blitzes on Houston because it was working. The only that hurt the Defense was they did not stay in their lanes for the cut backs, Hence lack of discipline. Really should of took the points on the 4th down play but if you were going to go for it why in world are you going to run the ball to the right when Houston was stacking the left side of their line absolutely no imagination on this team and then you are running your QB. I for one still do not understand why this coach or coaches continues sending in plays on 3rd down and 3 or 2 for a 10 or 15 yard out pattern. what is wrong with the three step drop or a quick draw how about a pitch, maybe a few screens just to keep them off balance wait a minute how about a trick play something to keep Houston off balance or any team for that fact. 

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Anyone else notice that O'Brien and gang adjusted their playcalling in the second half? You know, what coaches are supposed to do?!?!

Someone in the gameday thread had mentioned that if they (The Texans) would switch to the run game, we were doomed. And guess what they did?

Ran it down our throats, and there was nothing we could do about it. Miller literally looked like the freakin' Flash out there last night. But did we stack the box? Nope... Did we mix in some exotic blitzes? Nope. 

Monachino's defenses have been very underwhelming, in my opinion.  He kept talked about aggressive defenses and adjusting the scheme to fit the players, but I haven't seen either.  I honestly like Manusky more.  Manusky's defenses weren't spectacular, but he would at least dial up some heavy blitzes and get pressure on the QB

10 hours ago, Chris Dmytrow said:

Of course that braindead * would say this. You take the free points there and the game is over, instead this * does what he always does and makes bad coaching decision after bad coaching decision. There are kids playing Madden who could coach better than him off the street right now.

Most definitely have better time management skills at the end of games.  

Since some of Pagano's coaching has left me baffled, all I can do is laugh. This has inspired an idea for a great Halloween costume if you are a guy with facial hair like Pagano.

Items Needed:

- Colts hat

- Colts shirt

- Some type of name tag (Hello my name is: Chuck Pagano)

- The book "Coaching Football for Dummies" which is available on Amazon.com

Optional Items

- A broken watch

- Deer in headlights look

- Some wood to chop

Suggested behavior while wearing costume:

- Lots of clapping and/or patting people on the back for doing absolutely nothing

- Cliched motivational phrases as much as possible

- Randomly flipping through "Dummies" book if asked a football question, and then answering the question totally wrong.

This idea could be modified to go as Irsay or Grigson. SInce those guys don't wear hats, just make sure to slick back your hair with some sort of grease/hair product.

Hope this makes someone smile and feel free to use this idea.

I keep reading "if you fire him who are you going to hire that's better?"... and I keep wondering... are we watching the same games? How much worse can the coaching of this team really get? Now, I don't want to fire Pagano just to fire him(if they fire him, they better have his long-term replacement ready to go), but on a larger scale - if you make a list of top 10 candidates that are available right now, I think there's a good chance most of them are better than Pagano...

2 hours ago, stitches said:

I keep reading "if you fire him who are you going to hire that's better?"... and I keep wondering... are we watching the same games? How much worse can the coaching of this team really get? Now, I don't want to fire Pagano just to fire him(if they fire him, they better have his long-term replacement ready to go), but on a larger scale - if you make a list of top 10 candidates that are available right now, I think there's a good chance most of them are better than Pagano...

A few interesting names to consider: Matt Patricia, Josh McDaniels, Teryl Austin

22 hours ago, Mr Coffee said:

Funny how I haven't heard a peep tonight from the "defend Chuck at all costs" crowd.  You guys finally realizing that Chuck sucks?

I have been on this board a long long time. I have never defended nor wanted Chuck replaced.

Now, with the season essentially over six games in,  I want Chuck's head on a platter.

5 hours ago, BOTT said:

Why Austin?  Lions awesome D?

He's been talked about a lot for a couple of years now.  He has a reputation for being able to relate to and motivate his players.  He's interviewed with 8 different teams, has shown flashes of being able to cover deficiencies, and comes up with good game plans.  The ranking of his defense fell with Suh leaving, but he's otherwise considered to have done a good job with what he has.  I'm not saying he should be atop the list because I don't know much about him.  But his name is a pretty popular one when talking about head coaching candidates