Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Henry Anderson close to returning?

PeterBowman

8 minutes ago, cjrulli said:

I'll be happy to see him back. Kid was a stud in the games he played last year. Would've received some talk around DROY if he stayed healthy. 

He was getting some DROY recognition before he was injured

if he's 100%, then get him out there to get him reps.   Conditioning is going to be a major factor for him so the sooner he can get any kind of live action the better.  Obviously I don't want to rush him back if he's not ready, but the doctors cleared him, so that either means he's ready or the team has crappy doctors.  

1 minute ago, Indyfan4life said:

Take it slow with him. Don't cause him to have a set back or think he's ready to go balls to the wall. I'm glad he's been cleared and able to resume playing, but the Colts would be shooting themselves in the foot thrusting him back into full play immediately. 

I'm pretty sure the team's doctors and training staff will work hand in hand with the coaching staff to make sure he doesn't get rushed back into too much action too soon. :P

I can't find it now, but about a month ago there was an article on Henry Anderson and his progress from the knee injury. There was a quote from Pagano where he expressed specifically that even though Henry Anderson is coming along really well with his rehab, the coaches did not want to rush him back.

Overall, what I took from the article was that the coaches are very aware about rushing him back too early. I think they will take the right approach. They know how valuable a healthy Henry Anderson is to the team.

49 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

If he's good to go let him get it in on practice yeah I know some people want them to take it slow on him but if he's clear can't waste anymore time being skeptical about letting him play by the season opener we need him bad

Here......    I fixed this for you.

"If he's good to go, let him get it on on in practice.    Yeah, I know some people want them to take it slow on him,  but if he's cleared we can't waste any more time being skeptical about letting him play.     By the season opener we need him bad."

Remember,  punctuation is your friend.        :thmup:

55 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

If he's good to go let him get it in on practice yeah I know some people want them to take it slow on him but if he's clear can't waste anymore time being skeptical about letting him play by the season opener we need him bad

I'm fine with letting him practice but I'm hoping they don't play him in any pre-season games. I'm not even sure they need him week 1 either considering the Lions can't run the ball to save their lives.

17 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Here......    I fixed this for you.

"If he's good to go, let him get it on on in practice.    Yeah, I know some people want them to take it slow on him,  but if he's cleared we can't waste any more time being skeptical about letting him play.     By the season opener we need him bad."

Remember,  punctuation is your friend.        :thmup:

Don't read it if you can't comprehend 

12 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I'm fine with letting him practice but I'm hoping they don't play him in any pre-season games. I'm not even sure they need him week 1 either considering the Lions can't run the ball to save their lives.

Never underestimate the opponent.....we made blount slow behind look like a superstar

I figured he'd be close to ready by week 1. But with that said, I still think we should ease him back in. Maybe let him play a handful of snaps the first 2-3 games and gradually increase his snaps each game, and he should be completely ready by week 4-5. Anderson will be a force once he's back out there full strength. He was so underrated last year, and even underrated and undervalued by some on here. I think the sky's the limit for Henry. As far as 3-4 ends, no he wont be Watt, Campbell, Mo Wilkerson, etc. But I think he can be in that next tier. He was a beast against the run from week 1 last year, and I'm pretty confident he'll develop into a solid pass rusher as well. I could see him putting up 6-8 sacks a year. Love Henry. One of my favorite players on the team!

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ummmmm.......

How about this........   don't write if you don't understand the English language.....

Is it really that hard?

Look bruh carry those corny jokes elsewhere I'm not here for english class I'm talking about the topic

15 minutes ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Look bruh carry those corny jokes elsewhere I'm not here for english class I'm talking about the topic

I'm not carrying any jokes anywhere.     I'm not kidding.

I'm not a fan of run-on sentences that have no periods (.) and no commas (,) in them.      It's the kind of thing you're supposed to learn before you get to high school.      I shouldn't have to work to figure out what you're trying to say.

Don't blame me for your issues.     Your issues are not my problem,  they're yours.

5 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

I figured he'd be close to ready by week 1. But with that said, I still think we should ease him back in. Maybe let him play a handful of snaps the first 2-3 games and gradually increase his snaps each game, and he should be completely ready by week 4-5. Anderson will be a force once he's back out there full strength. He was so underrated last year, and even underrated and undervalued by some on here. I think the sky's the limit for Henry. As far as 3-4 ends, no he wont be Watt, Campbell, Mo Wilkerson, etc. But I think he can be in that next tier. He was a beast against the run from week 1 last year, and I'm pretty confident he'll develop into a solid pass rusher as well. I could see him putting up 6-8 sacks a year. Love Henry. One of my favorite players on the team!

I think they should bring him back the very same week we get Art Jones back so we can have both of them and Kendall Langford at the same time.

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Bruh? What kind of word is that? I would say it's a new, lazy way of saying Bro, but since it has an extra letter, we'll just call it a devolved way of saying it. You really need to have punctuation. That sentence is brutal, and no one here is going to take you seriously if you type like a high school dropout.

Honestly, if Henry Anderson can play at 80% or more by week 1, I'd stick him in the starting lineup. We will need him with Arthur Jones out, and possibly Langford as well. We will need to crank out every win possible, and Anderson could be the potential difference between a win and loss in a season early with the d-line as weak as it is to start the season.

I like how throughout the conversation there just had to be someone insulting someone else. Never surprises me on this forum, half of us are here to talk colts; whilst the other half are here because they like to argue.

With that being said, I think Henry Anderson also improves the play of David Parry.

16 minutes ago, AustinnKaine said:

I like how throughout the conversation there just had to be someone insulting someone else. Never surprises me on this forum, half of us are here to talk colts; whilst the other half are here because they like to argue.

With that being said, I think Henry Anderson also improves the play of David Parry.

Sorry.

I assume you're talking about me insulting someone else.      I appreciate that you took it that way,  but that's not my intent.

My intent is have the poster take a minute and put a little thought into it so those of us who read his post can understand his meaning.      I don't think I'm asking for much.

I typically make this post about once a year.    A fan makes a post with a gigantic run-on sentence.     I try to turn it into English to the poster can realize how different his post looks with a little punctuation.     In my own weird way,  I'm trying to be helpful.

I like reading what people post here.....     but those kind of posts (and they don't happen too often)  drive me a little crazy.       It's just simple English.     That shouldn't be asking too much.

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Sorry.

I assume you're talking about me insulting someone else.      I appreciate that you took it that way,  but that's not my intent.

My intent is have the poster take a minute and put a little thought into it so those of us who read his post can understand his meaning.      I don't think I'm asking for much.

I typically make this post about once a year.    A fan makes a post with a gigantic run-on sentence.     I try to turn it into English to the poster can realize how different his post looks with a little punctuation.     In my own weird way,  I'm trying to be helpful.

I like reading what people post here.....     but those kind of posts (and they don't happen too often)  drive me a little crazy.       It's just simple English.     That shouldn't be asking too much.

I was the target a few years back  about my 15th post on the board. I am sure  I came back you too. I think  accepting constructive critism is difficult for most.

I think what NCF is saying is he finds value in what you are saying and wants to be able to read it. If you don't use punctuation it is too time consuming to try to decode it and it will be a post that most of us pass over. 

He isn't trying to be insulting but if you want to be heard you have to help us a little bit. If you use punctation he will give you plenty of opportunity to butt heads but this really isn't one of those times. 

Just now, akcolt said:

I was the target a few years back  about my 15th post on the board. I am sure  I came back at you too. I think  accepting constructive critism is difficult for most.

I think what NCF is saying is he finds value in what you are saying and wants to be able to read it. If you don't use punctuation it is too time consuming to try to decode it and it will be a post that most of us pass over. 

He isn't trying to be insulting but if you want to be heard you have to help us a little bit. If you use punctation he will give you plenty of opportunity to butt heads but this really isn't one of those times. 

On 8/18/2016 at 0:58 PM, Jason_S said:

if he's 100%, then get him out there to get him reps.   Conditioning is going to be a major factor for him so the sooner he can get any kind of live action the better.  Obviously I don't want to rush him back if he's not ready, but the doctors cleared him, so that either means he's ready or the team has crappy doctors.  

Doctors cleared him for football activity.  Until recently, he could only work on his upper body while his lower body was under a rehab program.  So now he has to get his lower body into football shape, and that is a progression and takes time.  100% doesn't just mean healthy, it also entails being in football condition to square off against an opponent without being at a conditioning disadvantage or susceptible to re-injury.

Remember Grigson also said this in June-

“It makes no sense to get Henry out there at 80 (percent). You want him out there at 100 (percent)."

“We don’t want to rush it, but if anyone is going to beat the odds, he can shrink that curve down more than the next guy.”

I think we all want him AT 100%. we'll see in time.

36 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Doctors cleared him for football activity.  Until recently, he could only work on his upper body while his lower body was under a rehab program.  So now he has to get his lower body into football shape, and that is a progression and takes time.  100% doesn't just mean healthy, it also entails being in football condition to square off against an opponent without being at a conditioning disadvantage or susceptible to re-injury.

Right, that's why I mentioned conditioning would be an important factor.  the message of mine that you quoted was written very quickly so my intended message might have been unclear.  Basically what I was trying to say is that he should get back into action as soon as doctors and trainers feel he's ready.  I don't think it would be beneficial to anyone to hold him out of preseason entirely just to try to avoid him getting re-injured.  He needs reps...in game reps...and he should start getting them once the decision makers (doctors, trainers, coaches etc) agree that he's ready.  But just arbitrarily saying "hey let's keep him out until suchandsuch time" is not going to do him any good.  Once he's ready, he should be on the field.  Not a moment sooner of course, but also not later either.