Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

US Appeals Court Reinstates Brady's Suspension

IndyD4U

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now the last straw would be if the NFL didn't find anything in the Peyton HGH case and exonerates him. All Brady jock sniffers that tie Peyton to the hip with Brady will start a new level of whining as much as the objective person would be able to tell they are unrelated as cases that need to evaluated in their own merit.

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

Here comes all the comments with the words "witch hunt" in it.

they haven't come out of their caves minus the easily debunked King story (which btw he has been caught plagiarizing MULTIPLE times last week). The Kill Everyone Tour ended with Manning riding off into the sunset with a SB win and another AFC championship win over Brady. 

4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Somewhat surprised, I thought that the NFL had screwed up it's case by not allowing Brady to question Wells at his appeal.

I think it was more of a case of the judge not putting emphasis on the phone being destroyed. This court did not take lightly to it, there in I felt was a huge difference. Plus, the NFL got its ducks in a row instead of presenting a weak case like last time thinking by default that just because they moved it out of the Minnesota judge's territory, they were going to win.

Just now, bababooey said:

they haven't come out of their caves minus the easily debunked King story (which btw he has been caught plagiarizing MULTIPLE times last week). The Kill Everyone Tour ended with Manning riding off into the sunset with a SB win and another AFC championship win over Brady.

which makes them losing in the playoffs last year even nicer.

1 minute ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Should have been served last year. I hope they go 0-4 during his suspention. Stick that Kraft. Where is your apology to the nfl and the fans of the other 31 teams you arrogant.....

No, it should have been served year before last. You know, the year the NFL and the whole world was against the Patriots? The judge who over turned the ruling was over stepping his authority.

4 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Somewhat surprised, I thought that the NFL had screwed up it's case by not allowing Brady to question Wells at his appeal.

It was garbage in, garbage out. You can blame the lack of "evidence" on the Wells report solely on the fact he didn't get to question the guys after the texts were found and none of Brady's were able to be recovered.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

No, it should have been served year before last. You know, the year the NFL and the whole world was against the Patriots? The judge who over turned the ruling was over stepping his authority.

So do the Seahawks get awarded the SB? Or does Garropollo play in a rematch? Or is it just Seattle/Indy now for the SB?

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am totally surprised this thread hasn't lit up with the normal Patriot fans who scream and yell about the whole world is jealous because they ain't the Patriots.

Give them a break, the Celtics are in a great series right now so they aren't as bored as they were at this time last year. Plus when you got punked by Peyton again some wouldn't wanna show their face anymore.

think Pats or Tom knew all along who was in the wrong

Tom Brady's new contract protects him from Deflategate suspension

The contract, via terms reported by CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora, will also protect him in the event he is suspended by the NFL for Deflategate.

Brady previously had a base salary of $9 million for 2016 but now, per La Canfora, will have just a $1 million salary for this coming season

As noted by the Boston Globe's Ben Volin, a four-game suspension now would only cost Brady a couple hundred thousand in lost salary, instead of $2 million plus.

With his new contract, Brady will save himself almost $2 million 

CdMNoiIWAAAXf15.jpg

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25511457/tom-bradys-new-contract-protects-him-from-deflategate-suspensions

What games will he miss?

The Patriots play the CardinalsDolphinsTexans and Bills during the first four weeks of the 2016 NFL season. Just like last year, the Pats are scheduled to kick things off in prime time. Unlike last year, the Pats aren't defending a Super Bowl. Instead they open up on Sunday night against Arizona in what is suddenly a less attractive game from a football-watching standpoint, but a potential ratings monster because, you know, Deflategate.

Did Tom Brady see this coming?

He definitely saw the possibility. Remember when Brady re-worked his contract this offseason? During the deal, the Patriots and Brady set it up so he wouldn't lose millions of dollars if he was suspended for four games, but would instead lose just about $235,000.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25566155/tom-bradys-four-game-deflategate-suspension-reinstated-by-appeals-court

5 minutes ago, bayone said:

What games will he miss?

The Patriots play the Cardinals, Dolphins, Texans and Bills during the first four weeks of the 2016 NFL season. Just like last year, the Pats are scheduled to kick things off in prime time. Unlike last year, the Pats aren't defending a Super Bowl. Instead they open up on Sunday night against Arizona in what is suddenly a less attractive game from a football-watching standpoint, but a potential ratings monster because, you know, Deflategate.

Did Tom Brady see this coming?

He definitely saw the possibility. Remember when Brady re-worked his contract this offseason? During the deal, the Patriots and Brady set it up so he wouldn't lose millions of dollars if he was suspended for four games, but would instead lose just about $235,000.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25566155/tom-bradys-four-game-deflategate-suspension-reinstated-by-appeals-court

I'd like the Texans to get a loss that week but with Brady out, it's not a given.  Of course I am happy he's suspended but I hope the Pats can still beat the Texans at home!

5 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I'd like the Texans to get a loss that week but with Brady out, it's not a given.  Of course I am happy he's suspended but I hope the Pats can still beat the Texans at home!

but let them lose to Dolphins & bills, division Rivals and  then there's Arizona a loss quite possible

7 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

They could easily lose all of those games without Brady!! That is a tough first 4. I don't have much to say on this topic, I had a feeling he would lose though. Anyone with common sense that wasn't just born yesterday knows Tommy had something to do with the balls being Deflated. My Deflategate banner at the bottom looks a lot better now haha 

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They could easily lose all of those games without Brady!! That is a tough first 4. I don't have much to say on this topic, I had a feeling he would lose though. Anyone with common sense that wasn't just born yesterday knows Tommy had something to do with the balls being Deflated. My Deflategate banner at the bottom looks a lot better now haha 

@BullsColts, I meant to quote Bayone regarding the Pats schedule but quoted you instead LOL.

39 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

For those with a greater understanding of the legal system than I have, what happens next?  Is this the last step?  Can Brady appeal somehow?

Try and make it to the Supreme court or possibly appeal this one. I know the SC is a possibility but he also can appeal some ruling which I assume is this one but don't remember what I read and can't re-find it.

Edit:

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/outkick-the-coverage/tom-brady-s-four-game-suspension-reinstated-by-federal-appeals-court-042516

Brady has two options. He can appeal and seek a stay of the second circuit's opinion or he can serve the four game suspension to begin this season. 

If he serves the suspension, the case is over. If he appeals then... 

2. What would a Brady appeal look like?

If he appeals, he has two options, he can appeal to the entire Second Circuit since only three judges heard it as opposed to the entire Second Circuit. Those judges weren't unanimous either, they ruled 2-1 in favor of the NFL and against Brady. If Brady appeals to the full Second Circuit, he would be seeking a reversal of the decision and an affirmation of the original district court decision. 

The Second Circuit is considered to be a conservative court, that is, its justices are more likely to side with big business than not. Brady's lawyers will have a decent sense for what likelihood of success they have at the full Second Circuit and also whether they drew a particularly conservative trio to hear this decision. 

At a minimum, Brady could probably get a stay and gamble this stay would last throughout the 2016 season. But that appeal comes with some risk. What if the full Second Circuit rejects Brady as well and reinstates the punishment just as the playoffs begin? Uh oh. 

Instead of appealing to the full Second Circuit Brady can also appeal to the Supreme Court, requesting they agree to hear the case and reverse the Second Circuit's ruling.