Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dorsett putting in the hard work!

myic90

3 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

it may be just me, but when I see a tag line that someone is putting in the hard work it ticks me off

they get paid big money to work hard and to get better. I don't like praising someone from working hard when that is their job

Uhh yes and no.  

Working out individually does give you a chance of staying with the team and increasing your income because you will hopefully play better.  But no one is required to work out individually as part of their job.  It's just something that logically one would want to do for one's future prospects.  Especially during the off-season.

6 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

it may be just me, but when I see a tag line that someone is putting in the hard work it ticks me off

they get paid big money to work hard and to get better. I don't like praising someone from working hard when that is their job

While I agree with what you are saying, I'm not sure the OP was really directing it as a "pat on the back for doing your job" thing. At least I didn't take it that way. 

On a side note, what is "expected" from NFL players in the offseason anyways? I mean I know what logic says, but what does the NFL demand?

Look for Dorsett to have a breakout year. I'm telling everybody right now. Its very possible we end up having the best receiving corps in the NFL this coming season. If we can finally fix the offensive line, enough so to call it a very good line then Luck will pick teams apart week after week. With a solid run game (We'll draft another back to pair with Gore) and weapons like Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, and Allen our offense can be unstoppable.

I think our Trio of receivers has the potential to be better than the three in Steel City (Brown, Bryant, Wheaton). That's obviously some wishful thinking, but considering all three of our guys have number one receiver potential (outta here with the 'Hilton aint a true number one' talk), the potential is for sure there.

5 hours ago, 95-96 Bulls said:

While I agree with what you are saying, I'm not sure the OP was really directing it as a "pat on the back for doing your job" thing. At least I didn't take it that way. 

On a side note, what is "expected" from NFL players in the offseason anyways? I mean I know what logic says, but what does the NFL demand?

Yep. Didn't take it as a "pat on the back", either. There's nothing wrong at all with going above the call of duty. Nothing. Whether that's physical or cerebral, great work ethics serve their master well. Whatever that is in one's life. 

12 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

If it said he wasn't putting in the hard work, THEN I'd get concerned, but not so upset that he is putting in the hard work.

Actually, I hope he's working smart, also.

13 hours ago, indyagent17 said:

Plenty of people that have jobs don't work hard. Not limited to some athletes

1 hour ago, indyagent17 said:

I know but does this mean no other Colts are working hard??

I sure dont expect a professional player to sit on the couch all off season and come in overweight or out of shape. 

Yet, despite your expectations, it happens.

And Dorsett isn't one of them.

As a matter of fact, he's putting in extra time.

So, it's all good.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 10:10 AM, indyagent17 said:

Why would it tick you off? Yes, it is just you.

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Why would it tick you off? Yes, it is just you.

to hear that a player is working hard?  yes it does when that is what they are supposed to do. 

They make millions, so we should praise them for working hard???  I am be older but that is my opinion, sorry if it derides any of you since that was not the point

to hear that a player is working hard?  yes it does when that is what they are supposed to do. 

They make millions, so we should praise them for working hard???  I am be older but that is my opinion, sorry if it derides any of you since that was not the point

Are you always that easily ticked off? Seems kind or trivial to me but I guess that's just me. You added your own spin to a simple comment that Dorsett was working hard and putting in extra work.

22 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Are you always that easily ticked off? Seems kind or trivial to me but I guess that's just me. You added your own spin to a simple comment that Dorsett was working hard and putting in extra work.

I guess you guys are ticked off and no I am not easily angered so the "ticked off" just means a bit frustrated that we should applaud professionals for doing their job.

I have been called and and duly fettered so this is my last word on this subject

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 10:07 AM, indyagent17 said:

I know but does this mean no other Colts are working hard??

I sure dont expect a professional player to sit on the couch all off season and come in overweight or out of shape. 

Don't need anymore Trent Richardson's  

I guess you guys are ticked off and no I am not easily angered so the "ticked off" just means a bit frustrated that we should applaud professionals for doing their job.

I have been called and and duly fettered so this is my last word on this subject

Making a comment or statement is not applauding. Just talking in the off season.

On April 4, 2016 at 9:10 AM, indyagent17 said:

Just because a WR/special teams contributor is paid millions doesn't mean that they will possess a strong work ethic though IA17. I think I get where you are coming from. Don't shower Dorsett with praise simply for honing his craft. However, putting in the work is to be highlighted on some level simply because not every guy has a drive to be great, take in frequent criticism, & still strive to improve.

Talented athletes flame out all the time when sheer speed alone can't carry a team toward Lombardi immortality. 

He was a 1st round draft pick with 18 catches for 225 yards. We need him to play a bigger role this year so I hope he is putting a little extra work in. We have a solid receiving crew with one of the best QBs in the league. Our offensive could be special this year with a little help in the draft (Center, Guard).

Would we be getting this kind of strong commentary if someone showed a video of Luck or Henry Anderson in a gym or on a football field with a head line "Putting In The Work"? The guy who didnt like the video of Dorsett probably would not have said anything. We would not even be discussing this. None of this is a big deal to me. I like to get a peak into the players routines and how they prepare. I dont take it as "Hey I'm not going to give you credit. That's your job!" As if I'm his employer or something. This is a day and age where young people shoot videos of any and everything. Matter of fact I remember when the Colts picked up Andre Johnson and somebody posted a pick of he and Luck and the other receivers working out in Florida and somebody posted a picture saying they were putting in the work. Why is it not a single soul got upset and said "That's their job so why should I praise them?". No one is looking for praise in the first place! The person or people are just giving you a glimpse into the process. And I for one enjoy the content.

On ‎4‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 4:42 PM, COLTS449 said:

Look for Dorsett to have a breakout year. I'm telling everybody right now. Its very possible we end up having the best receiving corps in the NFL this coming season. If we can finally fix the offensive line, enough so to call it a very good line then Luck will pick teams apart week after week. With a solid run game (We'll draft another back to pair with Gore) and weapons like Hilton, Moncrief, Dorsett, and Allen our offense can be unstoppable.

Not to be picky or anything but how many years have we been saying this now....basically the last 4 seasons and it hasn't been close to true. Don't get me wrong...I'm excited to see what these guys can do but we have a lot of room to grow there. Hilton has home run speed but man he disappears at times when he has problems getting off  the ball and don't get me started on our TEs. We have a lot invested in Dorsett so I hope he can be healthy this year and be on the field to improve because we very well could have another dynamic duo between them but we are a long way from proclaiming we have the best of anything honestly. This team has a lot of growing left to do...qb to special teamer we need some better players or guys to take the next step in their development to proclaim we have the best anything. Hopefully that happens...we have some potential at the WR position...lets see them live up to it....because the last few years I have been pretty disappointed in their ability to fight through coverage and uncover quickly so Andrew doesn't have to hold the ball so long.

In hindsight, I wish the Colts would've passed on selecting Dorsett.  They could've drafted Will Fuller this year.  Fuller has 4.3 speed and is a much more polished route runner.  Fuller also put up two monster CFB seasons back-to-back (14+ TDs, 1000+ yards, etc.).  The argument here is that Fuller had more proven production in college.

Fuller has also proven to be durable. 

At first I was excited about the Dorsett pick, but now I'm expecting another forgettable year for him. 

Dorsett may run fast without pads, but he's done nothing on the field that has impressed me.  Some guys have great measurables but no "football/in-game speed."  I'm starting to fear that Dorsett is one of those guys with average in-game speed.

50 minutes ago, zibby43 said:

In hindsight, I wish the Colts would've passed on selecting Dorsett.  They could've drafted Will Fuller this year.  Fuller has 4.3 speed and is a much more polished route runner.  Fuller also put up two monster CFB seasons back-to-back (14+ TDs, 1000+ yards, etc.).  The argument here is that Fuller had more proven production in college.

Fuller has also proven to be durable. 

At first I was excited about the Dorsett pick, but now I'm expecting another forgettable year for him. 

Dorsett may run fast without pads, but he's done nothing on the field that has impressed me.  Some guys have great measurables but no "football/in-game speed."  I'm starting to fear that Dorsett is one of those guys with average in-game speed.

Using hindsight serves no purpose. Every season, every draft, every team wished they had some sight into the future. There is no argument. It's done and past.

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Using hindsight serves no purpose. Every season, every draft, every team wished they had some sight into the future. There is no argument. It's done and past.

You're right, hindsight serves no practical purpose.

It does, however, drive discussion on this forum, not to mention the entire field of sports journalism (in every medium) . . .

1 hour ago, zibby43 said:

You're right, hindsight serves no practical purpose.

It does, however, drive discussion on this forum, not to mention the entire field of sports journalism (in every medium) . . .

Hindsight = what might have been = something else to whine about