Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

CB Patrick Robinson visiting Colts tomorrow (Merge)

gnet550

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, will426 said:

We're gonna get him I believe based off that fact that he literally was about I sign with Dallas then switched up 

He switched agents.  Cowboys are still after him.  They're playing the best offer game.  Can't blame him.  

49 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

The man is pretty good. 30th best CB in the league according to rankings. That would put him the #1 corner on 2 teams if you look at it like that. That being said, he's still a major upgrade over who we had last couple years at the #2 spot.

At least. I think he'd be the #1 on more than two teams, based on that, since there are a few teams that likely have two guys in that top 30 (Broncos come to mind).

Part of me wants to sign him just to tick off the Cowboys & Stephen Jones. It's always a good day when we improve our secondary & weaken Dallas at the same time. 

I wish he was at least 6 ft. tall, but if he's aggressive & scrappy that's all that really matters.

YES!!!!!!! Now if we sign him we wont have to worry about CB in the draft this year. Robinson had a really good season this past year, and I think he and Vontae can be a very good duo. don't forget he was a 1st rounder who's still in his 20's. He had some good years with the Saints then had some injury issues. But this would be a very good signing IMO.

SEASON- TEAM- GP- COMB -TOTAL- AST- SACK- FF -FR- YDS- INT- YDS- AVG- LNG- TD- PD- STF- STFYD-S KB
2010 11 28 26 2 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 2 0
2011 15 47 38 9 0.0 0 0 0 4 31 8 25 0 15 5 12 2
2012 16 64 53 11 1.0 1 0 0 3 99 33 99 1 18 0 1 0
2013 2 2 1 1 0.0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2014 14 39 32 7 0.0 0 0 0 2 2 1 2 0 11 0 0 0
2015 16 49 43 6 0.0 1 0 0 1 27 27 27 0 8 3 4 0

3 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Patrick Robinson is WAY better than Toler. Year before this past one Toler had his best year, but he was crap the other 2.

Toler hate the signing , he was a nickel always injured guy and we payed him and made him play the number 1 wr side so colts set him up for the impossible 

8 minutes ago, jbaron04 said:

Toler hate the signing , he was a nickel always injured guy and we payed him and made him play the number 1 wr side so colts set him up for the impossible 

Yeah I never understood why we signed Toler when guys like Sean Smith, DRC, and Brent Grimes were available for cheap. There was other good CB's available too but I cant remember all them off the top of my head. I cant understand why we didn't go after Knighten, Dumervil, and one of those CB's instead of RJF and Toler.

19 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Yeah I never understood why we signed Toler when guys like Sean Smith, DRC, and Brent Grimes were available for cheap. There was other good CB's available too but I cant remember all them off the top of my head. I cant understand why we didn't go after Knighten, Dumervil, and one of those CB's instead of RJF and Toler.

Cromartie was one of them I believe 

1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:
1 hour ago, RockThatBlue said:

Care to explain? He's a decent CB from everything I've read/heard.

Care to explain? He's a decent CB from everything I've read/heard.

He played primarily in the slot last year and 692 snaps

53 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Because they would've cost us compensatory draft picks next year.    And that appears to be one of the most important goals of this off-season.     It's why we didn't match for Freeman.     

Off the top of my head, Smith signed for 4/40.      That's not cheap, plus it would've cost the comp pick.

And I think the other two are in the 5-7 Mill range....      that's cheap,  but would've cost the comp pick.

I think Dumervil was too expensive.

7 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Because they would've cost us compensatory draft picks next year.    And that appears to be one of the most important goals of this off-season.     It's why we didn't match for Freeman.     

Off the top of my head, Smith signed for 4/40.      That's not cheap, plus it would've cost the comp pick.

And I think the other two are in the 5-7 Mill range....      that's cheap,  but would've cost the comp pick.

I think Dumervil was too expensive.

No I'm talking about 3 years ago when we signed Toler, RJF, Walden, Thomas, Cherilous, ets. Smith signed for like 3/15. Very similar to Toler. Grimes and DRC each got 1 year deals. Dumervil was cheap. Only like 5 years, 25 million. and had a 17 sack season year before this one.