Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fleener to Saints!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

Literally just a worse version of Graham, who they got rid of.  Interested to see how much he was wanting to get. 

There's no denying how much success Graham had in New Orleans.  I think this is a great move for Fleener.  I expect Payton to really utilize his talents well

Stephen Holder@HolderStephen 3m3 minutes ago

re: Allen/Fleener, think of it like this: Allen can perform Fleener's role, but Fleener could never perform Allen's.

Not sure I agree with him on this at all. But now that this is a done deal, Allen better produce on the field or Grigson once again bet on the wrong horse- which is his track record.

11 minutes ago, OHColtfan said:

Stephen Holder@HolderStephen 3m3 minutes ago

re: Allen/Fleener, think of it like this: Allen can perform Fleener's role, but Fleener could never perform Allen's.

Not sure I agree with him on this at all. But now that this is a done deal, Allen better produce on the field or Grigson once again bet on the wrong horse- which is his track record.

What part of it can you not agree with? Just curious, cause Allen is a do it all TE who is an amazing blocker, whilst Fleener is more of a vertical threat. This team has plenty of options for the long ball already with TY, Donte and Phil, so a more balanced TE would make more sense, would it not?

Methinks Holder is biased. 

Allen runs a 4.8.  About every time he tried to run the seem he was covered.  Coby got open on the intermediate routes quite well.

However, when Fleener tried to play Allen's role, 7 yard catch and drag the defender for a first down, he got tackled immediately.

38 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

There's no denying how much success Graham had in New Orleans.  I think this is a great move for Fleener.  I expect Payton to really utilize his talents well

I agree. Fleener is basically a poor mans Jimmy Graham. Good signing for them and him IMO.