Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

You're the GM: The Colts Are On The Clock

20 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I like Ogbah but 2 things jump out at me as reason for pause:

1. Runs hot and cold in the tape I watched. Not sure if it's a motor or talent issue.

2. Blew up the combine but looks limited scheme wise as he wins with power and doesn't have any bend.

I'm not convinced he can play OLB. In that regard, I like Calhoun better.

Thanks for the response, what do you think of Big Bad Decker. I would love him protecting Andrew.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, MasterCrief said:

He's been clean for over a year, and passed every drug test he's taken in that time. Depending on how his interviews went, I don't see him as a character risk. 

But me or you are not the GM of the Colts. He has been a character risk long enough for a year not to erase the flaws. We shall see.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

But me or you are not the GM of the Colts. He has been a character risk long enough for a year not to erase the flaws. We shall see.

It's all going to depend on how he interviews. If teams get the feeling that his ecstasy problems were just stupid mistakes that he made as a college student, and that he's learned from that experience, then he'll be drafted as early as his talent would suggest. If they think there's a chance that he could go back to it, then he'll drop. That's going to be the deciding factor, because his physical talent is obvious for everyone to see. 

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for the response, what do you think of Big Bad Decker. I would love him protecting Andrew.

He's a franchise RT. I don't think he's as good as Conklin though. Wouldn't take him at 18 though. It's just doesn't make sense in this draft.

47 minutes ago, MasterCrief said:

It's all going to depend on how he interviews. If teams get the feeling that his ecstasy problems were just stupid mistakes that he made as a college student, and that he's learned from that experience, then he'll be drafted as early as his talent would suggest. If they think there's a chance that he could go back to it, then he'll drop. That's going to be the deciding factor, because his physical talent is obvious for everyone to see. 

Fans are always complaining about the trouble NFL players get into and yet they still are millionaires.  Well, they start like this.  Super talented guys like Spence or Manziel or Hardy...drugs, alcohol and domestic abuse start in high school or college....we go ahead and make them high picks, and they are "rewarded" for their behavior.  If a kid messes up in college, it is okay to penalize him and let him earn his way to the top with good behavior....not a #1 pick.  Maybe Spence has paid for his mistakes, but I don't think a team should forgive him s easily.  There should be consequences but a chance to redeem yourself.  My belief anyway.

25 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Noah Spence without thinking twice. And ladies and gentlemen. We just got our premier pass rusher.

Hopefully I can say that in real life after our pick is announced.

I don't know why you wouldn't think twice about Spence?

He just had himself a very, very unimpressive combine.    He was disappointing at the combine.    And I'm not sure it's clear yet that he has satisfied GM's and Scouts and Coaches that his past is behind him.....

Given that we just cut Newsome over two marijuana incidents,  I wouldn't be optimistic about Spence.    He might not even be on board due to character concerns.    

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Conklin too but man Decker is monstrous. We should probably go Pass Rusher in reality.

For whatever it's worth,  no where do I read that Decker is "monstrous"....    He's good but not special.

He's the 4th rated OT and only Tunsil might be viewed as "monstrous".....

I'm not saying he's not good or that I don't want him.....    I just wouldn't over sell him....

1 hour ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

Mackensie Alexander appears to be the BPA and actually fills a need. 

OP left Josh Doctson off of his list. I think he's probably BPA, aside from Spence and Nkemdiche. Assume it's not a WR, though, and I'd say Alexander is right up there. Billings and Rankins, also, though I like Kenny Clark as well.

6 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

CB Eli Apple.

I`m starting to lean toward him with pick 18. I think he will be there at 18 and he may very well be better than the top two rated corners. Apple has good size, speed and excellent in run support.

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

For whatever it's worth,  no where do I read that Decker is "monstrous"....    He's good but not special.

I'm not saying he's not good or that I don't want him.....    I just wouldn't over sell him....

Monstrous as in a "Lerch". So PLEASE NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

That's why I come to this Thread so I can get taken down a level haha A lot of you guys know much more than me regarding college prospects.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That's why I come to this Thread so I can get taken down a level haha A lot of you guys know much more than me regarding college prospects.

:)  I have just sat back and relaxed this year...I usually like to banter back and forth.  Guess I am getting older.  :lecture::spit:

Tunsil IS Monstrous!!! He won`t be a dud like so many of the top LT`s taken the last 2-3 years!!!

Pick 18 An Excellent corner is a Must!  The Jags and Mariotta are gonna be kickin' our ___ if we can`t cover!!
 BPA for us William Jackson. He showed Elite athleticism.
 Apple ?? next i guess, but i haven`t liked him that well on the game tape i have watched.
 Next is Rankins then Dodd. We play A LOT of 4 man front and Dodd could be The Man on the left end.

2 minutes ago, throwing BBZ said:

Tunsil IS Monstrous!!! He won`t be a dud like so many of the top LT`s taken the last 2-3 years!!!

Pick 18 An Excellent corner is a Must!  The Jags and Mariotta are gonna be kickin' our ___ if we can`t cover!!
 BPA for us William Jackson. He showed Elite athleticism.
 Apple ?? next i guess, but i haven`t liked him that well on the game tape i have watched.
 Next is Rankins then Dodd. We play A LOT of 4 man front and Dodd could be The Man on the left end.

Pass rusher, getting a dominant Pass rusher will make the secondary look brilliant

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No worries.....    and again,  I'm not anti-Decker....    I like the guy....    I just want to be truthful about him as well....