Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning HGH accusation (edit)

ViriLudant

A good point raised on Twitter. There is an MLB angle on this in the sense that some Baseball players have been named. Now the NFL may have a sycophantic media and a player in Manning who has been granted a halo by the press, but the MLB is different situation and they have a press not so compliant. So Baseball reporters who investigate this may well cause problems for Manning ...

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

He sat on the woman's face.  And she was a trainer.  

Sexual assault everywhere.  

Manning was never charged with a crime. It was a civil case with a lower standard of proof, so Manning opted to settle and save the hassle. There is no conviction for anything. Get over it, people.

3 minutes ago, amfootball said:

A good point raised on Twitter. There is an MLB angle on this in the sense that some Baseball players have been named. Now the NFL may have a sycophantic media and a player in Manning who has been granted a halo by the press, but the MLB is different situation and they have a press not so compliant. So Baseball reporters who investigate this may well cause problems for Manning ...

How so? The only person claiming Manning used HGH has retracted that statement, and both Sly and Dr. Guyer both say that Sly was not working at the clinic in 2011. 

The entire discussion about Peyton Manning's prank eons ago is irrelevant.  It was stupid.  He was young.  He has a long history since and it's been above reproach.  It's over.

I'm not a Peyton sycophant, I appreciate his talent but I do not think he walks on water.  If he is found innocent or proved guilty - I can wait for the facts.

The people jumping on this allegation have their own agendas about it.

Locked for now.

If you have an issue with a post or a topic, rather than complaining about the absent mods, use the report button. We'll get notified and hop in as soon as we can. It's really obnoxious to go 'where are the mods!??!' when you haven't taken advantage of the report button, especially when you're a contributor to the off-topic / inappropriate posting.

Mod note:

This is obviously a relevant topic. This is a Colts board. Peyton Manning is one of the greatest Colts ever. People here want to talk about it, for various reasons. This is a natural home for it.

It's also big NFL news. The purpose of this section is for people to discuss big NFL news. Just like we discussed Deflategate all year long. This topic is appropriate for our site.

What is NOT appropriate is political discussion, bottom line. To see longstanding members of this site continue to bring up and discuss politics is very annoying, to say the least. Politics is NOT ALLOWED. 

Also inappropriate is personal attacks and baiting. If a poster bothers you, use the ignore feature, or avoid responding to their posts. If something is against the rules, use the report feature and the mods will review. Responding to a poster in an overly personal manner is against the rules and will result in suspensions.

The mods recognize that this thread will lead to debate and confrontation. We ask that everyone who participates in it follows the rules that you all agreed to when you signed up. The same rules you complain about other posters breaking. If we can't do that, then this topic is going to be treated like the Deflategate topics were, heavily moderated, quickly locked, eventually forbidden on this site.

Thanks.

Peyton admitted what he did that time long ago. Girlz nailed it in her first paragraph just the same. Meanwhile I believe the idol of those bringing that up has a child who doesn't bear his last name for a few reasons if we're going to go that far back and into issues of that nature.

1 hour ago, grmasterb said:

Manning was never charged with a crime. It was a civil case with a lower standard of proof, so Manning opted to settle and save the hassle. There is no conviction for anything. Get over it, people.

Because innocent people settle out of court.

Right.

So did Michael Jackson.

1 minute ago, BloodyChamp said:

Peyton admitted what he did that time long ago. Girlz nailed it in her first paragraph just the same. Meanwhile I believe the idol of those bringing that up has a child who doesn't bear his last name for a few reasons if we're going to go that far back and into issues of that nature.

Your post might be confusing to some... But I totally understand what you are saying.   

In more Straightforward talk, what you are saying is that Tom has a child out of wedlock, and the mother of that child preferred that her son not have his last name.   Did I get it right?

3 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Your post might be confusing to some... But I totally understand what you are saying.   

In more Straightforward talk, what you are saying is that Tom has a child out of wedlock, and the mother of that child preferred that her son not have his last name.   Did I get it right?

And tried to keep Tom out altogether but didn't quite pull that off (was being vague after the mod note).

1 hour ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

The entire discussion about Peyton Manning's prank eons ago is irrelevant.  It was stupid.  He was young.  He has a long history since and it's been above reproach.  It's over.

I'm not a Peyton sycophant, I appreciate his talent but I do not think he walks on water.  If he is found innocent or proved guilty - I can wait for the facts.

The people jumping on this allegation have their own agendas about it.

Thank you.   Your post is spot on.

I just heard about this and read the report and response from sly. Here's what I think. This punk is backtracking his original lies about peyton because he was recorded and caught red-handed lying. I think he was doing it anonymously and now that he was caught red-handed, he fears Peyton suing him and he knows everything he said was a lie. Now he has to either say he was lying, or he'll get the crap sued out of him.

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

I have exhausted way too much precious time and energy on this thread today.

I don't believe one iota of this fabricated story and  I am going to close my computer for the night and try to forget all the nonsense.

But, but, but Al Jazeera reported it.

What seems to be known so far: 

A "reporter" (former athlete) was investigating performance enhancing drugs regarding this upcoming Olympics in Rio. 

Trail went somewhat cold, and followed up on leads in America. 

Was led to a "source" who was secretly taped, who outed that the company he worked for supplied performance enhancers and indicated he was aware of performance enhancing drugs being sent to the home of Peyton Manning, as well as other athletes. 

Both the source, and the company then denied any involvement once the secretly recorded tapes became public. 

Then the athletes involved also denied involvement. 

And here we are. 

11 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Nonsense.......a.m.   HGH doesn't make you read defenses better

Or Julius Thomas getting injured or Elway having enough of letting Peyton run a pass happy, audible heavy offense. 

Also I believe it was said that this White House guy was already on retainer as an adviser to Peyton before all of this. 

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I just heard about this and read the report and response from sly. Here's what I think. This punk is backtracking his original lies about peyton because he was recorded and caught red-handed lying. I think he was doing it anonymously and now that he was caught red-handed, he fears Peyton suing him and he knows everything he said was a lie. Now he has to either say he was lying, or he'll get the crap sued out of him.

Peyton would only be one of his many problems as discussed earlier in the thread. 

4 hours ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Quote from Peyton:

“I think I rotate between being angry, furious, on and on, but disgusted is really how I feel—sickened by it." - Peyton Manning

Me too, Peyton.  Me too.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14442651/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-furious-disgusted-al-jazeera-report-again-denies-using-hgh

And the recant

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14442651/peyton-manning-denver-broncos-furious-disgusted-al-jazeera-report-again-denies-using-hgh

3 hours ago, amfootball said:

His play falling off a cliff right when HGH testing began is the biggest indicator IMO that this story has much merit.

Really?  He didn't fall off till the end of the season last year.  They started testing at the beginning of the year last year.  No merit at all.

24 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Really?  He didn't fall off till the end of the season last year.  They started testing at the beginning of the year last year.  No merit at all.

A very good argument put forth here that his body has been falling apart for a while due to age:
http://quarterbackscore.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/43644409-peyton-manning-the-struggles-the-injuries-the-records-part-i-

This doesn't even include the fact that the team (believed to be Elway driven) changed philosophy following a loss to St Louis last year where Manning/Gase passed 50 times and ran the ball 8 times, finishing the game with injuries to Julius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders (hospital pass). From that game on, Manning has far less control over the offense and they became much more committed to running the ball to the point where they often used 6 OL. All of this culminated in the least prepared I have ever seen a Manning lead team in the loss to the Colts in the playoffs where coaches already had one foot out the door. 

13 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

No, of course not.

I do find it interesting that this is being claimed as garbage, and should not be believed.

i recall another report that many Colt fans STILL believe is true about someone else, but that report has proven to be false, too.

Just an interesting case of selective reasoning. 

Are you gonna break your own record of being wrong the most in a single thread? You're well on your way.

7 hours ago, Bogie said:

Congrats; since the Saints Super Bowl is "tarnished" by Bountygate, now Peyton is forever tarnished for being a juicer. 

All three of us, including the Pats who are also "tarnished" we're one big happy dysfunctional family now. 

Hard to be tarnished by something that's not true.

5 hours ago, amfootball said:

Exactly. The NFL tries to protect their sports image.

MLB wants to tear it down because their Players Union has more power than they want them to.

5 hours ago, Fx Stryker said:

I hope Peyton and the rest sue that piece of human trash news "organization" so much that it bankrupts them. 

2 hours ago, The Peytonator said:

Come on man, it's not like age and injury could be the reason for his drop in performance. 

I know.  But she is insinuating that he only dropped off because he stopped taking hgh.  Manning is so visibly angry and upset that he nearly sounds like he is choking up a little when discussing how hard he worked to get back.  

This is very different from how brady sounded in his interview.  We all remember that joke session.  

^That is specifically for those of you bringing up the whole deflategate issue. 

14 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I know.  But she is insinuating that he only dropped off because he stopped taking hgh.  Manning is so visibly angry and upset that he nearly sounds like he is choking up a little when discussing how hard he worked to get back.  

This is very different from how brady sounded in his interview.  We all remember that joke session.  

^That is specifically for those of you bringing up the whole deflategate issue. 

NFL testing for HGH started in October of 2014. Manning's decline began exactly mid-season last year at the time the testing commenced and has continued to be rapid since then with both his performance and inability to get back on the field due to injuries.

Look at his drop off from the first 8 games of 2014 compared to the last 8 games when HGH testing began:

Com    Att     Comp %   Yards    Y/A   TD   INT     Pass NEP   

First eight games          208    309     67.3%       2577     8.3    24    5        112.67

Final eight games          187    288    64.9%       2156    7.5     15    10      54.80

Then you look at this season where he has been the worst rated passer for most of the season and his 17 picks still leading the league combined with his injuries that have kept him off the field and it is a pretty easy connection to make that his precipitous decline coincided with the HGH testing.