Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning HGH accusation (edit)

ViriLudant

6 hours ago, bluebombers87 said:

Read the article. It says specifically and multiple times the person the report is based off of recanted. The only person who is linking Manning to this is saying he made it up. I cannot stress this enough. Of course certain fans from NE on this forum won't read the article and will just jump in head first.

I read the article and several others from different sites. I read the original article on HuffingtonPost 10 minutes after it came out. And I did notice how Manning admitted he had gone to the place frequently and he didn't deny that they may have sent HGH to his wife. This is Manning's quote directly, "Yes, I have been a patient under Dr. Guyer. I have had nutrient therapy, oxygen therapy and other treatments that are holistic in nature but never HGH. My wife has never provided any medication for me to take. Ashley and I never attended the clinic together after hours. There were times when I went in the morning and there were times when I went after practice so this thing about 'after hours' is so misleading because it may have been 5:15 pm because their office closed at 5." Also, HGH is illegal without a medical prescription for it, so if it is true that his wife was sent HGH then there is a very good chance that some sort of criminal case could come from this, at the very least. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this story. Deadspin or some other media outlet will start to do some digging. Even if Manning did use HGH, it wouldn't change my opinion of him. I'm pretty sure use of this stuff is rampant throughout the sport.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, amfootball said:

The NFL started testing for HGH in 2014 when Manning had his big drop off that has continued at a rapid rate into this season.  I think it is fair to ask if 2013 could have been to Manning and his huge stats what 2001 was to Barry Bonds.

Nonsense.......a.m.   HGH doesn't make you read defenses better

1 minute ago, IndyTrav said:

From the outside looking in....He was recorded secretly saying he gave HGH to many high profile people. Now that it's become public and for the world to see he has to cover his butt....wouldn't be the first or last time someone denies a secret recording. 

Right, so the same person who made the claim privately (and from what I've read didn't even work there until 2 years after the alleged incident) and now he's saying he made it up.

4 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

I read the article and several others from different sites. I read the original article on HuffingtonPost 10 minutes after it came out. And I did notice how Manning admitted he had gone to the place frequently and he didn't deny that they may have sent HGH to his wife. This is Manning's quote directly, "Yes, I have been a patient under Dr. Guyer. I have had nutrient therapy, oxygen therapy and other treatments that are holistic in nature but never HGH. My wife has never provided any medication for me to take. Ashley and I never attended the clinic together after hours. There were times when I went in the morning and there were times when I went after practice so this thing about 'after hours' is so misleading because it may have been 5:15 pm because their office closed at 5." Also, HGH is illegal without a medical prescription for it, so if it is true that his wife was sent HGH then there is a very good chance that some sort of criminal case could come from this, at the very least. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss this story. Deadspin or some other media outlet will start to do some digging. Even if Manning did use HGH, it wouldn't change my opinion of him. I'm pretty sure use of this stuff is rampant throughout the sport.

But all of which is moot if the one person who mentioned Manning in any capacity has recanted and said he made it up. 

So everything after that point is all just people saying what if, even though by recanting there can never be that particular if.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

Well, we'll put an asterisk next to his records the day you and other Pats fans put asterisks next to Tom Brady and Hoodies records........

While it's not out of the realm of possibilities that Manning did this...there is so many holes at this point, proving it is gonna be tough.

Agreed.  Unless someone corroborates the report, it'll eventually die on its own.

11 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

But all of which is moot if the one person who mentioned Manning in any capacity has recanted and said he made it up. 

So everything after that point is all just people saying what if, even though by recanting there can never be that particular if.

Not necessarily. If this lab is indicted on charges, then there could very well be history of this "nutrition company" or "doctor" shipping HGH to Ashley Manning. Manning himself didn't even rule that out. How familiar are you with the BALCO case or with Alex Rodriguez? This guys verbal statements aren't the end all, be all. I'm going to guess at this point this is a lot more smoke than fire, but there is a little bit of fire, somewhere. Manning is addressing the report himself in 5 minutes on ESPN.

15 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

As others have already mentioned, people do this all the time.  They're secretly recorded, and then claim what they said wasn't true.  Yet it's often proven to be accurate.

But, not always.

2 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

Not necessarily. If this lab is indicted on charges, then there could very well be history of this "nutrition company" or "doctor" shipping HGH to Ashley Manning. Manning himself didn't even rule that out. How familiar are you with the BALCO case or with Alex Rodriguez? This guys verbal statements aren't the end all, be all. I'm going to guess at this point this is a lot more smoke than fire, but there is a little bit of fire, somewhere. Manning is addressing the report himself in 5 minutes on ESPN.

That's why I referenced at the end saying because he's recanted, that particular isn't going to matter.

2 hours ago, amfootball said:

HGH helps one to recover and heal faster from injury. It is a human growth hormone.

I remember everyone questioning AP when he came back from his knee injury and had his historic season but we never did that with Manning despite the fact that he had the neck surgeries and had the most historic season ever for a QB.

because AP looked better than ever.  Manning, while putting up historic numbers, never has looked the same physically.  His arm has been sub par ever since the surgeries. Throw in the ever evolving rules and a superior receiving corps and I don't think it's hard to explain.

for the record, I couldn't care less if he used HGH or not.

10 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

As others have already mentioned, people do this all the time.  They're secretly recorded, and then claim what they said wasn't true.  Yet it's often proven to be accurate.

But, not always.

Also no one is doubting the guy's conversation actually happened. The guy himself isn't even doing that insofar as I know. He's saying that the indormation he gave was wrong (recanting). Big difference to denying the convo taking place

11 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

Here is a part of the story that caught my attention.   Ashley, from day one, has chosen to be very private in a very public life.   Now her very privacy is being broadcast for the world to see.   If, and this is a big IF any of this is true, and she was taking HGH post pregnancy, the public broadcast of this without her consent  is a violation of HIPPA laws at the very least.

13 hours ago, ViriLudant said:

The HuffandPuffington hates anybody who might actually live a clean life...and be successful while doing it.  They tend to bring forth articles that support the notion of situational ethics, to give their readership base a way of telling themselves that everyone is guilty of something..

...in this case...that you have to cheat to win..

Stories like this help to keep the cheaters from feeling so bad about themselves that they drop out of life.

"See, I'm not a worthless person with a warped attitude...even Peyton Manning cheats.." 

Edit:  BTW, the entire NFL is on HGH, but the singling out of Manning is directly related to the above....

40 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

Journalism has changed.

Nowadays, you MUST follow up on a story that someone else runs..even if you don't believe it to be true.

You MUST debunk bogus stories by someone else....giving a high profile to the debunked story and giving notoriety to the news organization that got it wrong.

5 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

Wait , Mort who is a family friend of Archie?

And the guy that leaked fabricated numbers and never apologized for it?

Yep, no bias there.

Have a snickers bar, and lighten up.

So you jumped at the chance to report a story defaming Peyton  that is now falling apart at the seams...  Non Story...

No biggie,  people report false tales all the time.   

9 hours ago, Jules said:

One of the top 5 thread titles ever on Colts.com and I have been reading here since 2007. I nearly fell out of my chair before.

*grabs popcorn*

3 hours ago, Hi-Tek said:

And that's because it's difficult to get an accurate measurement because HGH levels naturally fluctuate throughout the day.

I thought I heard Mort report 11 of the 12 athletes have denied taking PEDS..

and it fluctuates naturally????

Has the NFL asked for the phone yet??!??!?!!??!

5 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

So you jumped at the chance to report a story defaming Peyton  that is now falling apart at the seams...  Non Story...

Marsha Marsha Marsha  

13 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Lol.  Ok. says the person who immediately had to respond and defend Peyton to the death.

Are you also forgetting about the time that Peyton mysteriously travelled to Europe for treatment that wasn't allowed in the US?

12 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Mort covered it.......He talked to the 'source' guy and he admitted he made things up to test the reporter.

He talked to Peyton and he said 'no way'

Maybe Al Jazeera should hire Mort

Right.

Because IF it were discovered that what the guy said was true, he would be fired, lose his license , etc.

Its a wonder that he recanted.  

4 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

Lol.  Ok. says the person who immediately had to respond and defend Peyton to the death.

Are you also forgetting about the time that Peyton mysteriously travelled to Europe for treatment that wasn't allowed in the US?

Damn straight I did, and apparently I wasn't alone.   Just admit, it's a Non story, and you jumped the gun posting it as a truth.

And no, I havn't forgotten about the stem cell proceedure.   I never thought it was a secret :scratch:  :dunno:

8 minutes ago, Mrs. Misunderstood said:

Damn straight I did, and apparently I wasn't alone.   Just admit, it's a Non story, and you jumped the gun posting it as a truth.

And no, I havn't forgotten about the stem cell proceedure.   I never thought it was a secret :scratch:  :dunno:

Except that it was never proven to be stem cell.  That was the theory, I believe.  Was it ever proven?  It may have been.

Non story?

Is that why ESPN, SI, CNN, and others have all picked it up?  

16 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

Are you also forgetting about the time that Peyton mysteriously travelled to Europe for treatment that wasn't allowed in the US?

It was to get stem cell treatment. Nothing mysterious. I believe it was in the papers. 

And you honestly expect colts fans not to defend Manning against this? This flimsy piece of garbage accusation?

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Obviously Al Jazeera has nothing against Peyton but the result is: Kicking a guy when he's down. Where'd this come from now?

Uh...Al Jazeera has everything against traditional America.  And as far as football players go...Peyton Manning probably represents that...at least what it is supposed to stand for..more than any other player.  Getting at PM is a way to get at traditional America.

It doesn't matter if the story is true.  Its about providing validation for an already formed opinion based on bias and hate.  Those types of thinkers just need a little tidbit of "doubt" in order to keep the bias going.

Its not kicking Peyton when he's down.  Its really a political propaganda article.

Just now, bluebombers87 said:

It was to get stem cell treatment. Nothing mysterious. I believe it was in the papers. 

Mandela you honestly expect colts fans not to defend Manning against this? This flimsy piece of garbage accusation?

No, of course not.

I do find it interesting that this is being claimed as garbage, and should not be believed.

i recall another report that many Colt fans STILL believe is true about someone else, but that report has proven to be false, too.

Just an interesting case of selective reasoning. 

14 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

Wrong again....

But there are actually over 2,200 FDA-approved adult stem cell clinical trials ongoing or completed, most of which in this list are in the U.S. That includes several adult stem cell trials using adult stem cells for spinal fusion, and even a couple of adipose-derived adult stem cell trials in Indianapolis.

http://www.lifenews.com/2011/09/19/peyton-manning-has-adult-stem-cell-procedure-to-treat-neck/

23 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

If it was mysterious, how come you knew about it 'V'?

8 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

No, of course not.

I do find it interesting that this is being claimed as garbage, and should not be believed.

i recall another report that many Colt fans STILL believe is true about someone else, but that report has proven to be false, too.

Actually,  that wasn't proved to be false.     The pays lack of a few draft picks next year says so.   And kraft didn't fight the punishment 

4 hours ago, Fx Stryker said:

Manning has not denied? He has emphatically denied.

She's completely clueless and only wants to find a way to make something outta what's really nothing  hoping Manning gets found guilty. This will all pass very shortly and be over. And it's already being said that the stuff being put out by the be work making the accusations isn't lining up at all. They are already looking stupid.

7 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Actually,  that wasn't proved to be false.     The pays lack of a few draft picks next year says so.   And kraft didn't fight the punishment 

Yes, it was.  Just because you didn't read the documents doesn't make it any less so.

Read the amicus curiae yourself.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/17/third-party-brief-in-brady-case-focuses-on-integrity-of-sport/

And this one as well.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/2015/11/06/deflategate-class-scientists-let-the-air-out-the-nfl/FNKRK137LUi8LtkUoGwxLL/story.html

Both articles are the most up-to-date, and destroy all such evidence.

But Jvan, thanks for proving my point .  Mort was wrong on Brady.  Fact.  But now he's right on Peyton.

11 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

No, of course not.

Yeah Brady was never declared innocent or proven innocent, so nice try. The game punishment was just rescinded, that's it. They just toned back punishment. And the NFL isn't done with it yet either.