Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton Manning HGH accusation (edit)

ViriLudant

34 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

Colt fans are doing the same exact thing regarding a different issue, but it's okay then?

Disregarding and diverting is your M.O.  I'm not turning this into a deflategate topic because it has nothing to do with any of this.  This story has been discredited and disproven as quickly as it came out. Unlike a different issue.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have time to read the whole thread so forgive me if what I say is repeating what others have said.

I watched the documentary last night. I'm sure many will make snide and borderline racist references to Al Jazeera but they are a credible news organization, much more so that some we could name. FOX. 

This investigation was not a quick lash up, it went on for a period of 8 months and Collins clearly spent a long time in the company of Charlie Sly and others. This was a thorough investigation. While I found Sly to be less than entirely credible he imparted a great deal of detail and I do not believe he could have made it all up as he now claims. If he did then he's missed his vocation as the "lies" rolled off the tongue along with all manner of facts. He clearly knew a lot about the products that he was talking about and claimed to have been in the company and even the houses of various players, including Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews, over a period of time. He claims to have spent 6 weeks in Green Bay during an NFL season. That is something that can be checked. 

Peyton has been vehement in his denials and I have no reason to doubt him and look forward to his lawyers issuing libel writs against all concerned. Or not...

The fact that the NFLPA managed to get testing for HGH delayed for 3 years after the substance was banned illustrates that its use was probably prevalent in the NFL and that adds credence to the (very specific and detailed) allegations made in the documentary.

Once thing is certain. There are now dozens of skilled investigative reporters digging into this and the truth will likely come out over the next few months. Many people were certain beyond doubt that Lance Armstrong was innocent just as many are now certain that other sporting heroes are.

7 minutes ago, MartinPeterson said:

I don't have time to read the whole thread so forgive me if what I say is repeating what others have said.

I watched the documentary last night. I'm sure many will make snide and borderline racist references to Al Jazeera but they are a credible news organization, much more so that some we could name. FOX. 

This investigation was not a quick lash up, it went on for a period of 8 months and Collins clearly spent a long time in the company of Charlie Sly and others. This was a thorough investigation. While I found Sly to be less than entirely credible he imparted a great deal of detail and I do not believe he could have made it all up as he now claims. If he did then he's missed his vocation as the "lies" rolled off the tongue along with all manner of facts. He clearly knew a lot about the products that he was talking about and claimed to have been in the company and even the houses of various players, including Julius Peppers and Clay Matthews, over a period of time. He claims to have spent 6 weeks in Green Bay during an NFL season. That is something that can be checked. 

Peyton has been vehement in his denials and I have no reason to doubt him and look forward to his lawyers issuing libel writs against all concerned. Or not...

The fact that the NFLPA managed to get testing for HGH delayed for 3 years after the substance was banned illustrates that its use was probably prevalent in the NFL and that adds credence to the (very specific and detailed) allegations made in the documentary.

Once thing is certain. There are now dozens of skilled investigative reporters digging into this and the truth will likely come out over the next few months. Many people were certain beyond doubt that Lance Armstrong was innocent just as many are now certain that other sporting heroes are.

And i'll recap, its already been proven to be a lie.  The end.

9 minutes ago, MartinPeterson said:

Well written.   However, he wasn't working there when manning was a patient.

21 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Eh....  There's also been science that proved the Wells report right.  Also there is evidence that a Patriot employee took the balls without permission into a bathroom......lots more evidence of "possible" wrong doing there.

But that's not germaine to this case

By a company that is known for falsifying data.  

13 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

Did any of you actually watch the video that came out today?  Many are saying that there's no way that Sly was lying at the time .  

again.....how would he even know considering he didnt work there until 2013(fact)

28 minutes ago, csmopar said:

And i'll recap, its already been proven to be a lie.  The end.

Rubbish. The guy has recanted. I don't believe the recant. I don't believe everything he said either but he didn't make it all up. The truth will out eventually and it won't be pretty. Like I said, I don't dispute what Peyton says and I look forward to him issuing a lot of libel writs. Al Jazeera have lawyers too you know and this was a serious piece and I'm sure they would not have broadcast it if they felt they would expose themselves to expensive lawsuits...

5 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

Sly most likely retracted his story because he would be sued otherwise.

Its what the vast majority of those who told the truth but didn't want to get in trouble would do.

theres so many big holes in his story, I could drive 100 semi trucks through them

2 minutes ago, MartinPeterson said:

Rubbish. The guy has recanted. I don't believe the recant. I don't believe everything he said either but he didn't make it all up. The truth will out eventually and it won't be pretty. Like I said, I don't dispute what Peyton says and I look forward to him issuing a lot of libel writs. Al Jazeera have lawyers too you know and this was a serious piece and I'm sure they would not have broadcast it if they felt they would expose themselves to expensive lawsuits...

Sure they would if they determined that the benefits of doing so (such as more attention than they have received in over a decade) outweighed the potential legal costs.

National Enquirer gets sued all the time and just treats it as a cost of doing their business.

On 12/27/2015 at 7:40 AM, amfootball said:

The report names many high profile athletes. If not true, they will have many law suits on their hands. I believe more info will be released in the coming days/weeks. It was a month long investigation so there are more details to come ... Manning has hired the White House press secretary so he is taking this very seriously.

A month long investigation that did not even verify if the person worked at the facility when all of this allegedly happened.

Well, all I can say, is I hope Peyton went totally out of character and destroyed his cell phone ::sip::sip:

18 minutes ago, Blue Horseshoe said:

Sure they would if they determined that the benefits of doing so (such as more attention than they have received in over a decade) outweighed the potential legal costs.

National Enquirer gets sued all the time and just treats it as a cost of doing their business.

Al Jazeera is not the NI. This is proper investigative journalism. Coffeedrinker - the investigation was 8 months according to the documentary, not 1 month. 

1 minute ago, MartinPeterson said:

Wow. You're an intelligent poster aren't you? Never mind, school starts again soon. 

Lol, I've been out of school for some time now.  But your comment about intelligence is amusing considering that you claim a news organization that supports terrorist groups is more credible than Fox.  The way that the left hates Foxnews and the right hates MSNBC is really pathetic.

5 minutes ago, MartinPeterson said:

Al Jazeera is not the NI. This is proper investigative journalism. Coffeedrinker - the investigation was 8 months according to the documentary, not 1 month. 

I know it wasn't in response to me but AJ is not the National Enquirer, it's an Arab propaganda machine, nothing more and nothing less.

So what, I was quoting the poster I responded to.  And that's even worse... 8 months and they didn't verify the guy worked there.  That is not journalism.

5 minutes ago, MartinPeterson said:

So again....a terrorist supporting network that has been known to provided false stories and propaganda for decades is now a credible source?  What is in the water these days?!

3 minutes ago, csmopar said:

So again....a terrorist supporting network that has been known to provided false stories and propaganda for decades is now a credible source?  What is in the water these days?!

MSNBC, Al Gore and the Huffington Post told them it was a credible source, so rather than actually researching the history themselves they just spout what their favorite talking heads have spit up.

A lot of you have a 1995 view of Al Jazeera.

"

On July 22, 2013, Al Jazeera America named former ABC News Vice President Kate O'Brianas president of the network, and Ehab Al Shihabi as interim CEO in charge of business affairs. In addition, former CNN veteran David Doss was named Vice President of News Programming and former CBS News executive Marcy McGinnis was named Vice President of News Gathering. Former MSNBC executive Shannon High-Bassalik was named Senior Vice President of Documentaries and Programs."

So yes, they are well led these days.  

5 minutes ago, csmopar said:

You clearly know nothing about AJ America, do you?  You do realize that you probably have access to it on cable, correct?

Read the Wiki article; Al Jazeera has become a respected news source in many places.

7 minutes ago, Cynjin said:

Lol, I've been out of school for some time now.  But your comment about intelligence is amusing considering that you claim a news organization that supports terrorist groups is more credible than Fox.  The way that the left hates Foxnews and the right hates MSNBC is really pathetic.

Someone else with the 1995 view of Al Jazeera.  Those of us who follow international news knows how Al Jazeera has progressed over the last decade or so.

You guys, if you cannot stop taking shots at each other and bordering on politics, we'll need to close this thread down.

it is seeming to me that some pats fans are just using this as a way to bring up deflategate again.

Don't do that

Not a credible source, eh?

In 2014 Al Jazeera America and producer Reed Lindsay won a Gracie Award in the “Outstanding Hard News Feature” category from the Alliance for Women in Media Foundation for the story “Fists of Fury,” which aired on America Tonight.[37] The award was the first award ever for the channel.

Al Jazeera America has also won a Shorty Award for "Best News Twitter Account".[38]

220px-The_crew_of_Made_in_Bangladesh_at_
The crew of "Made in Bangladesh" at the 73rd Annual Peabody Awards

The Al Jazeera America show Fault Lines won two Peabody Awards in 2013 for the episodes "Haiti in a Time of Cholera"[39] and "Made in Bangladesh".[40]

The channel and Fault Lines also won a Robert F. Kennedy Journalism Award for "Made in Bangladesh".[41]

On September 30, 2014 Fault Lines won an News & Documentary Emmy Award in the Investigative Journalism News-magazine category for "Haiti in a time of Cholera".[42]

In early 2015, Al Jazeera America's digital team was recognized with an Award of Excellence for Photo Editing Portfolio in the Pictures of the Year International competition.[43]

In April 2015, Al Jazeera America won 16 National Headliner Awards including 7 first place wins in various categories including "Broadcast television networks, cable networks and syndicators environmental reporting" where It held all three top nomination spots with the Fault Lines episode “Water for Coal” winning overall, "Broadcast television networks, cable networks and syndicators investigative report" and "Best of TV" where the Fault Lines episode "Deadly Force" won, "Broadcast television networks, cable networks and syndicators documentary or series of reports" where the documentary "Killing the Messenger" won, "Broadcast television networks, cable networks and syndicators coverage of a major news event" where they also held the top three places with their coverage of The Downing of MH14 winnng, "Broadcast television networks, cable networks and syndicators newscast" where their coverage of the Crisis in Yemen and ISIL on the Turkish Border won and "online slideshow" for its digital team.[44]

1 minute ago, ViriLudant said:

You clearly know nothing about AJ America, do you?  You do realize that you probably have access to it on cable, correct?

Read the Wiki article; Al Jazeera has become a respected news source in many places.

Actually, I did know that.  But I also have access to adult only channels....doesnt mean they are appropriate sources for how to go on a date........

2 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

"

On July 22, 2013, Al Jazeera America named former ABC News Vice President Kate O'Brianas president of the network, and Ehab Al Shihabi as interim CEO in charge of business affairs. In addition, former CNN veteran David Doss was named Vice President of News Programming and former CBS News executive Marcy McGinnis was named Vice President of News Gathering. Former MSNBC executive Shannon High-Bassalik was named Senior Vice President of Documentaries and Programs."

I wouldn't say its a 1995 view, as recently as last month they were promoting ISIS on their broadcasts............

Just now, ViriLudant said:

Someone else with the 1995 view of Al Jazeera.  Those of us who follow international news knows how Al Jazeera has progressed over the last decade or so.

Al Jazeera supports Hamas, a terrorist group, in the past, in the present and probably in the future.  Maybe you should pay a little closer attention.

"

3 minutes ago, ViriLudant said:

You're really reaching when you try to show the credibility of a front for terrorism and you try to use wiki as that source.

and besides, you have no idea what I do in real life as part of my job.   I can't get into details but I've studied this agency among numerous other and been in briefs with DHS over them, and I've given the briefs.  So nice try.