Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016 Free Agent Wish List

29 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

So, What player(s) are on your 2016 Free Agent wish list?

I'd sure like Mo Wilkerson, maybe Sean Smith.

I don't think we can focus on specific players yet because we don't know who will run the team next year and what type of O or D system will they want to use.

The system type may dictate who we're interested in....

Again. Von Miller is expected by many to hit the open market. I think we have to go all in for him. I would sign Von Miller and Janorris Jenkins. Then if the price was right on a 1year deal I'd bring in Junior Galette too. Miller, Galette, Mathis, and Walden would be a nightmare for opposing QB's. The thing is this. We have to have a pass rush. Von Miller is one of, if not the best edge rusher in the NFL. He would give our defense something its been lacking and instantly make the entire D better by himself. Jenkins would give us a tough, aggressive corner to pair with Vontae. The we can get a ILB in the firsr round since its looking like we'll get a high pick. We should be able to get one of Smith or Jack.

9 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Again. Von Miller is expected by many to hit the open market. I think we have to go all in for him. I would sign Von Miller and Janorris Jenkins. Then if the price was right on a 1year deal I'd bring in Junior Galette too. Miller, Galette, Mathis, and Walden would be a nightmare for opposing QB's. The thing is this. We have to have a pass rush. Von Miller is one of, if not the best edge rusher in the NFL. He would give our defense something its been lacking and instantly make the entire D better by himself. Jenkins would give us a tough, aggressive corner to pair with Vontae. The we can get a ILB in the firsr round since its looking like we'll get a high pick. We should be able to get one of Smith or Jack.

I'm not expecting Miller to be available, but if he is I agree, go get him.

Just now, Pagano's Realtor said:

Free agency has worked out so well for the Colts! Can't wait for them to dip their toes back into that market!! Maybe we will sign some guys who can actually contribute or stay on the roster for the whole season. Do the Colts even have the cap space to sign any of these guys? I highly doubt it.

Yea, we will have plenty when we don't sign all of the busted UFA's here like Toler

Unfortunately, I think that we will only have about $21 million and that's even before we resign anyone (such as Fleener, Allen, Freeman.)

That being said, if we cut the larger contracts on the team, I would look to target Von Miller, Mohammed Wilkerson,Stefan Wisniewski, Eric Berry and a RT.

In the draft, if he is still there round about our pick, I would love Jaylon Smith and someone like Desmond King in the second round.

4 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Yea, we will have plenty when we don't sign all of the busted UFA's here like Toler

I just ran the calculator at OverTheCap.com and it had the Colts projected at about $33 Million contingent on them releasing Trent Cole and Andre Johnson. That's more than I thought but do you really want to wrap that all up going after one guy when this team has multiple holes to fill? O-Line, TE, WR, CB, S, ILB, D-Line, Pass Rush, RB, backup QB are all going to be positions that have to be addressed in some form or fashion in the off-season.

4 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

I just ran the calculator at OverTheCap.com and it had the Colts projected at about $33 Million contingent on them releasing Trent Cole and Andre Johnson. That's more than I thought but do you really want to wrap that all up going after one guy when this team has multiple holes to fill? O-Line, TE, WR, CB, S, ILB, D-Line, Pass Rush, RB, backup QB are all going to be positions that have to be addressed in some form or fashion in the off-season.

How are you going to fill them?

That's Grigson philosophy to bring in the average players and hope they can be great, but then you just have a bunch of average to below average players as a below average unit.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

I've read a lot of places that say he's expected to hit the open market. Even one article predicting him to sign with the Bears.

If the Broncos want him, they can keep him. I'd proceed with the assumption that he doesn't go anywhere.

As for Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe, though... take your pick. 

1 hour ago, GoColtsGo5150 said:

Unfortunately, I think that we will only have about $21 million and that's even before we resign anyone (such as Fleener, Allen, Freeman.)

That being said, if we cut the larger contracts on the team, I would look to target Von Miller, Mohammed Wilkerson,Stefan Wisniewski, Eric Berry and a RT.

In the draft, if he is still there round about our pick, I would love Jaylon Smith and someone like Desmond King in the second round.

It depends on who we cut and keep, but we should have $20-$25M to use on outside free agents in addition to what we spend on our own...and we could spend more if we really want to.  We are set up to be significant players on the open market, especially if we have a new sheriff in town.

16 minutes ago, Superman said:

If the Broncos want him, they can keep him. I'd proceed with the assumption that he doesn't go anywhere.

As for Malik Jackson and Derek Wolfe, though... take your pick. 

I think Malik Jackson could hit a sweet spot...even though interior DL isn't the need it once was and certainly not the need that playmaking Edge and ILB's are.

I guess we have to face the real possibility of another scheme change - though our current personnel is much better suited to a change than we were in 2012.  

7 minutes ago, ztboiler said:

I think Malik Jackson could hit a sweet spot...even though interior DL isn't the need it once was and certainly not the need that playmaking Edge and ILB's are.

I guess we have to face the real possibility of another scheme change - though our current personnel is much better suited to a change than we were in 2012.  

Henry Anderson tore his ACL. He might not be ready until November.

But yes, edge rusher is a higher priority. I think Bruce Irvin is the best pass rusher after Von Miller, and he's not great.

23 minutes ago, Superman said:

But yes, edge rusher is a higher priority. I think Bruce Irvin is the best pass rusher after Von Miller, and he's not great.

When you can rush from the interior it puts a lot less pressure on your edge rush ability

Considering that we will probably have to rely on at least one rookie on the edge it could really help to have a more dominant inside force

Malik Jackson, Stefan Wisniewski, Eric Weddle, and Lamar Miller.

Yep, the other Miller who I feel could be very productive and healthier than Bradshaw playing his role. RBs, let the dust settle and you should be able to get them at a relatively reasonable price. 

Just now, chad72 said:

Yep, the other Miller who I feel could be very productive and healthier than Bradshaw playing his role. RBs, let the dust settle and you should be able to get them at a relatively reasonable price. 

I'm off Eric Weddle. He'll be 31, and he hasn't been great the last two years.

I'll take the other three, though.

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Hey Supe. Who's some your favorite edge rushing prospects in the draft?

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Wisniewski has been bad for the Jags. He's basically their own version of Jonathon Harrison. He wasn't that good in Oakland which was why they spent top dollar for Rodney Hudson and the Jags got him for cheap late in FA.

53 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Wisniewski has been bad for the Jags. He's basically their own version of Jonathon Harrison. He wasn't that good in Oakland which was why they spent top dollar for Rodney Hudson and the Jags got him for cheap late in FA.

Wrong he's went in there and protected Bortles made the G's better. This is through week 14 

Center Stefen Wisniewski has a pass blocking efficiency of 98.3, which is fifth best among centers. He has allowed two sacks, no hits, and 10 hurries on 564 pass blocks.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/15/pro-nfl-power-rankings-entering-week-15/

28 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Wrong he's went in there and protected Bortles made the G's better. This is through week 14 

Center Stefen Wisniewski has a pass blocking efficiency of 98.3, which is fifth best among centers. He has allowed two sacks, no hits, and 10 hurries on 564 pass blocks.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/12/15/pro-nfl-power-rankings-entering-week-15/

He's  also had multiple bad snaps that lead to turnovers. Jags fans seem to think they should find an upgrade.

I think an O-line signing could be in order. If Kelvin Beachum or Kelece Osemele hit the market... I think one of those guys could be a fit in this offense. It's a strong draft for centers, so I'd probably hope to add one of those then.

On defense. Our pass rusher situation is bad. Bruce Irvin could be the best guy available, and it's not like he's been a double digit sack guy over the course of his career. But we might have to take a look at someone like that, Trent Cole and Rob Mathis aren't getting any younger. 

26 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

He's  also had multiple bad snaps that lead to turnovers. Jags fans seem to think they should find an upgrade.

Do you have a link for your opinion? What I have seen of Wisniewski and read about him the only knock is the bad game he had with the botched snaps. 

Stud: Discarded by Oakland, Stefen Wisniewski (77.1) has proven to be a shrewd addition in Jacksonville.

10 hours ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

I also ran the OTC and if you look at what we have left this year going over to next year (7 M) and 22M next year, we are at 29M. Now releasing Cole(6.25M), AJ(5 M), Gore(4M), D Jackson(5.25), and Mathis(5M), you are looking at a cap at around 54M. AJ I would consider keeping since I like his presence in the locker room, he can still be productive and he has the highest dead money, but only 2.5M so that is a toss up. I know some of them won't be gone, but I think we need to get rid of the older players on our D especially. They have high cap hits for their production, and it is time to make the team younger.

With that cap space, I would sign two Quality OL, RG and RT, sign Luck's extension and also sign Fleener and Allen. I don't think there contracts will be too much after this season, and we should keep them. I believe afterwards we will still have the room to go after a premier rusher like Miller, but I would not mind just focusing on the draft for the defense. I don't want Wilkerson, since for the money he will get, he is not a pass rusher, he is a run stopper, and I believe we are fine on the DL, it is the one area on defense we have a little depth. We do need a DL who can rush, but I would not spend the money on Wilkerson. FA is such a gamble, that is why I would only sign true quality OL who fit our system, and possibly someone like Miller depending on space after our other signings. It will be interesting. A lot will depend on the new coach and defense we run also. I would love to have Miller and Jaylon Smith though!

8 hours ago, loudnproudcolt said:

. I don't want Wilkerson, since for the money he will get, he is not a pass rusher, he is a run stopper, and I believe we are fine on the DL, it is the one area on defense we have a little depth. We do need a DL who can rush, but I would not spend the money on Wilkerson. 

Have you looked at Wilkerson's numbers?

12 hours ago, akcolt said:

Do you have a link for your opinion? What I have seen of Wisniewski and read about him the only knock is the bad game he had with the botched snaps. 

Stud: Discarded by Oakland, Stefen Wisniewski (77.1) has proven to be a shrewd addition in Jacksonville.

Only looking back at the jags forum where a lot of their mock drafts include a center in the middle rounds where they say they want some to push or replace Wisniewski. I don't actually watch Jags games so I take their word for it.

11 hours ago, loudnproudcolt said:

I also ran the OTC and if you look at what we have left this year going over to next year (7 M) and 22M next year, we are at 29M. Now releasing Cole(6.25M), AJ(5 M), Gore(4M), D Jackson(5.25), and Mathis(5M), you are looking at a cap at around 54M. AJ I would consider keeping since I like his presence in the locker room, he can still be productive and he has the highest dead money, but only 2.5M so that is a toss up. I know some of them won't be gone, but I think we need to get rid of the older players on our D especially. They have high cap hits for their production, and it is time to make the team younger.

With that cap space, I would sign two Quality OL, RG and RT, sign Luck's extension and also sign Fleener and Allen. I don't think there contracts will be too much after this season, and we should keep them. I believe afterwards we will still have the room to go after a premier rusher like Miller, but I would not mind just focusing on the draft for the defense. I don't want Wilkerson, since for the money he will get, he is not a pass rusher, he is a run stopper, and I believe we are fine on the DL, it is the one area on defense we have a little depth. We do need a DL who can rush, but I would not spend the money on Wilkerson. FA is such a gamble, that is why I would only sign true quality OL who fit our system, and possibly someone like Miller depending on space after our other signings. It will be interesting. A lot will depend on the new coach and defense we run also. I would love to have Miller and Jaylon Smith though!

Wilkerson isn't a pass rusher? Did you watch him when we played the Jets? 

He only has 12.5 sacks to go with 20 quarterback hits, 38 hurries, totals that both rank second in the NFL among 3-4 defensive ends

He's going to cost and most likely  get the tag. He can most definatley get to the QB. 

At 26 if the Jets let him walk I'd be interested. 

12 hours ago, Booker23 said:

Doug Martin, Mo Wilk, Justin Tucker, Eric Berry, Tashaun Gipson, Janoris Jenkins/Sean Smith, Von Miller, Kelechi Osemele, any of those and I'm happy 

Forgot Eric Berry might be a FA if he some how hit the market I'd love him one of my fav players in the NFL

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 1:40 AM, loudnproudcolt said:

LOL What??? Wilkerson is one of the best all around 3-4 ends in the NFL man. He can rush the passer AND stop the run. He's an all around stud and he may be available because of the Jets now having Williams. In fact Wilkerson is one of the best pass rushing DT's in the NFL.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

LOL What??? Wilkerson is one of the best all around 3-4 ends in the NFL man. He can rush the passer AND stop the run. He's an all around stud and he may be available because of the Jets now having Williams. In fact Wilkerson is one of the best pass rushing DT's in the NFL.

Agreed, ROTFlmao. Wilkerson is a top 2 player at his position, and likely top 10 player in the entire league, all positions considered. Anything under $13 million a year for him in FA would be a steal.