Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Colts Concerned with Pagano's Decision-Making Even After Win

RockThatBlue

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you're positive that wasn't the plan? Just no way Pat miss hit it?

Check Pat's comment. Good lord Broncos have paid professionals as well!

I haven't seen Pat's comments, but if that was the plan and he spanked it I take it back. If not, it was dumb.

Wow......   a half season of crap and you're ready to move on....

Boy,  you've really suffered.       I don't know why you even put up with this.....?

Since the ___ has been going on

Yes,  a half a season. 

Screw slow starts to games.      That doesn't get coaches and GM's fired.     LOSING games gets your fired.

11, 12 and 13 wins their first three years doesn't get you fired.       Well,  except here it might.

One bad year.      And for right now,  it's half a season.     That's it.    There's been a half of one bad season.

And Grigson, for all of his mistakes,  has put together the roster for those first three successful seasons.

Look at all the franchises that are bad most every year.     There are a number of them.    They'd kill for even an average year.

Winning is hard.      And the only thing harder than winning is sustained winning year after year.

So much nonsense. The above .500 records have been a product of being in the AFC South Period! Get Real!

We have played more bad football than good the last 3 + seasons.

I'm sure he's still being let go at the end of the year

Grigson is all in Irsay's ear and he's also part of the problem. Only FA he brought in that's working out is Gore & Langford

He's had his share of the blame as well, misses a lot in FA. But this draft class aside from the Dorsett pick might let him play out the final year of his contract next season

Adams, Walden, Dqwell, Toler, Lowery? These are all starters brought in by either Pagano or Grigson, and Pagano doesn't sign checks.

I hope this is nonsense. I really hope as a owner Irsay doesn't have his hand in this crap. Wouldn't make me want to coach for someone like that.

I have read the article but sounds like the guy is just grasping at straws. Throwing crap against the wall and seeing what sticks.

On the page with the article,  there is a video as well.     It's only about a minute and a half.

Play it.     Listen to him.     Perhaps you'll feel differently?       Not about Irsay,  but about what the reporter reported.

Since the ___ has been going on

So much nonsense. The above .500 records have been a product of being in the AFC South Period! Get Real!

We have played more bad football than good the last 3 + seasons.

As I've said several times now.....   you see a completely different game than anyone else.

The record alone,  where the Colts have 2 losses in 3 and a half years to the division, and are roughly 500 everywhere else PROVES your last comment.    You have NO argument for that -- NONE.

Oh,  by the way,  as strange as your world is -- even YOU weren't saying "we have played more bad football than good" BEFORE THE START OF THIS YEAR.      No way you'd say that with 36 wins in 3 years.      

But because we've struggled for a half a season,  suddenly you think you've got the political cover to make the claim.     Talk about complete nonsense?!?

On the page with the article, there is a video as well. It's only about a minute and a half.

Play it. Listen to him. Perhaps you'll feel differently? Not about Irsay, but about what the reporter reported.

Yeah I read your other post. Sounds like Irsay might be involved with all this crap going on. I really hope not cause that's not what you want in an owner. I think it's really bad timing and in bad taste to to knock Pagano in a win.

Most people want Grigson gone. But GMs and coaches often come in pairs. A new coach might mean a new GM anyways and vice versa.

I have no proof o this other than my own personal opinion, but I really feel like during the HC search that Pagano was Irsay's guy and Grigson would rather have had Mike Zimmer (who was also the other top candidate for the position). Like I said, just a feeling. Zimmer really comes off as more of a "Grigson" guy if you know what I mean.

I have no proof o this other than my own personal opinion, but I really feel like during the HC search that Pagano was Irsay's guy and Grigson would rather have had Mike Zimmer (who was also the other top candidate for the position). Like I said, just a feeling. Zimmer really comes off as more of a "Grigson" guy if you know what I mean.

Which means the GM hire was a mistake. He should of either found a coach who could have the GM he wants (like Reid in Kansas City) or brought in a GM and coach who had already worked together. This is exactly why you have to be careful with hiring and distribution of power.

It looks like he brought in a HC and GM with two different philosophies, who probably weren't on the same page from the get go. If he does clean house, the next HC and GM need to be connected.

Yeah I read your other post. Sounds like Irsay might be involved with all this crap going on. I really hope not cause that's not what you want in an owner. I think it's really bad timing and in bad taste to to knock Pagano in a win.

The more I think about it I think Irsay is the one applying pressure to Grigson and Pagano. We have read the reports of him going off on Grigson and company after a few losses over the last couple of seasons.. The accusations made towards Grigson about being overbearing and this and that may very well be deserved to go higher up on the food chain. Just speculation. We may never know

I agree, but I've only seen Irsay's comment in print in an article. No context.

The words alone wouldn't necessarily mean anything sinister unless you wanted it to.

Is that whole Irsay interview available for review (video)?

I don't like all of this middle school rumor/drama stuff associated with the team. But, if we are not having some heated discussions and some serious questioning about what we are doing when we are playing poorly, I might be more worried. Glad there is some tension, means somebody in our coaching/management team cares that we are not playing like we are supposed to.

That's how I feel as well.  I never thought Pagano was really Grigson's guy either.  I have always felt like Irsay picked Grigson, Pagano and Luck.  He thought they would grow together.  

The more I think about it I think Irsay is the one applying pressure to Grigson and Pagano. We have read the reports of him going off on Grigson and company after a few losses over the last couple of seasons.. The accusations made towards Grigson about being overbearing and this and that may very well be deserved to go higher up on the food chain. Just speculation. We may never know

Whatever the truth is, I do believe Irsay is a part of what's wrong here.  He has made it loud and clear that he expects at least 2 Super Bowls with Luck and he acts like he wants them now.  He's tightening the screws for sure.

And the way that Pat attacked the blocker and knocked him on his can, I'd say Pat may have been angry at himself.

He should have tried harder to actually knock the runner out of bounds or slow him down. He just decided to pancake someone....or that's what it looked like.

Chuck needs a situational coach with him on the sidelines. Worked for Parcells.

I agree. I really don't think Chuck is that bad of a Coach he just has trouble adjusting at Halftime against the Elite teams at times and at times does puzzling things when you least expect it but he still has found ways to win more times than not.

I agree. I really don't think Chuck is that bad of a Coach he just has trouble adjusting at Halftime against the Elite teams at times and at times does puzzling things when you least expect it but he still has found ways to win more times than not.

He's a JAG imo

If I am Pagano, I want no parts of a contract extension.

This is what is being missed by a lot, Pagano may tell the Colts no at the end of the year.  He might simply have had a enough even if the Colts want him back.  If all these reports are true about the meddling that is going on, and I've seen enough of them to think where there is this much smoke there is probably fire,  Pagano may elect to go look for another job rather it be in the NFL or college.  If he can rally this team to the playoffs for the fourth time in four years (or third time in three years if people want to DQ his first season) and does it without Luck down the stretch, even in our bad division some team will give him another shot at being a head coach.  Maybe he'll replace Caldwell again in Detroit. 

We are talking about the judgement of a guy who is an NFL Tebow fan. Nuff said!

Exactly krunk. What I find so ironic is that Skip always clings to this foolish QBR stat that means virtually nothing. It's almost like the powers at ESPN got stat crunchers together & said "Okay fellas. Skip Bayless needs a phony numbers gimmick to slam Luck with since RG3 sucks, Johnny Manziel sucks, & Jay Cutler & Tim Tebow are overrated."

I seriously believe that. Even when Chewy beat the Broncos this week, Bayless never said anything constructive about his game performance. No way to deliver the ball against pressure from Von Miller, no nice scrambling to move the chains, no great Whalen catch. Instead, he focused on that Special teams Broncos TD at the end of the 2nd QTR.

It's like cooking a delicious meal for your woman on a 1st date & she moans & groans that you failed to present the meal without parsley on the plate for decorative presentation purposes. SMH.  He used to be a good reporter covering Jordan & the Bulls in Chicago. Now, it's strictly a dog & pony show I'm afraid. 

seriously, who the heck is leaking stories every 5 seconds

well, if I were responsible for putting the O line in front of Andrew. If I were the person that picked Pep over Chud. If I were the person that had to sit in front of Irsay and explain how we went from SB contender to where we are now.

If I were responsible for all of those things then I may leak a story or 2 just to get some media heat off me. However, I'm not the guy responsible for those things. So I have no idea where the leaks are coming from.