Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tough debut for Chud as OC

theanarchist

With the offense struggling and changing coordinators it's going to be tough going for the offense against Denver. This defense so far is carrying that team and is being compared to some of the best defenses of all time.

Some say they havent been tested because of their schedule but I think that argument was squashed after what they did to Green Bay on Sunday night.

It would be awesome if Chud was able to make a big difference this week but I'm not holding my breath because of the matchup this week. It's going to be tough going.

I think it will play out to their advantage actually.  Mainly because the Broncos have no real game film on Chud's style within this offense!  We are not changing playbooks or anything, but the scheme of things will be!  I think the Colts will surprise many yet again!  Broncos will need to make in game adjustments if they are going to limit our offense.

People look at the Colts overall record and think were a big disappointment, and to some extent (if you're not winning football games) you are.  However, minus the penalties, turnovers, and outside turmoil, this team has been within arms reach of a win every game.  We haven't gotten blown out once!  Yet, we've faced some of the best teams in the league.  If everybody was on the same page, I still firmly believe we COULD win the Super Bowl.  We are CLEARLY along ways of being on the same page though!

I think this firing may spark Luck to play well. Shock therapy if you will. Denver's defense isn't impenetrable and you could argue that the Colts are more talented than the Packers were. It's all predicated on how Luck plays.

I would definitely like to think this could be the spark the offense needs. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the offense plays now. Aaron Rodgers only had 77 passing yards against Denver. Luck should definitely exceed that and then some....hopefully.

Denver is overrated thier offense has been just as bad as ours and you can argue our defense besides corners has been the same as thiers despite lack of turnovers..we just have more 3 and outs than them but they get to the redzone and can't even score themselves..and also Peyton is playing at the level of Luck as well he's throwing picks per game just not as many as luck this game can go either way..if the damn raiders could nearly beat them we can

With the offense struggling and changing coordinators it's going to be tough going for the offense against Denver. This defense so far is carrying that team and is being compared to some of the best defenses of all time.

Some say they havent been tested because of their schedule but I think that argument was squashed after what they did to Green Bay on Sunday night.

It would be awesome if Chud was able to make a big difference this week but I'm not holding my breath because of the matchup this week. It's going to be tough going.

Agreed. The one thing I'd like to see this week is more play-action, run, dink & dunk. Down field chunks are not gonna work without these first. "A-trick-a-late the ball down the field boys!"

I think this firing may spark Luck to play well. Shock therapy if you will. Denver's defense isn't impenetrable and you could argue that the Colts are more talented than the Packers were. It's all predicated on how Luck plays.

Not sure how you could say that the Colts are more talented than GB.  Aaron is the best in the game.  he had a bad night against Denver.

QB:  GB

RB: GB

OL: GB

TE: Colts (by a nose)

WR: Colts (by a nose)

DL: GB 

LB: GB

Secondary:  GB

Not sure how you could say that the Colts are more talented than GB.  Aaron is the best in the game.  he had a bad night against Denver.

I should've added for the offense only since we are talking about Denver's defense. Colts have a better RB core given that Lacy has been hurt for GB. Offensive line is a wash given how many sacks Rodgers takes and gets hits despite him getting the ball out fairly quickly on most downs. TE and WR's make the difference here for the Colts especially with Jordy Nelson being out for the year.

Denver is overrated thier offense has been just as bad as ours and you can argue our defense besides corners has been the same as thiers despite lack of turnovers..we just have more 3 and outs than them but they get to the redzone and can't even score themselves..and also Peyton is playing at the level of Luck as well he's throwing picks per game just not as many as luck this game can go either way..if the damn raiders could nearly beat them we can

It looks like Peyton had been playing better as of late.

QB:  GB Rogers > Luck

RB: GB Gore >   Lacy

OL: GB We run block better they pass block better wash

TE: Colts (by a nose) Landslide in colts favor

WR: Colts (by a nose) Colts again in a land slide

DL: GB I'll take our young guns over there aging vets

Secondary:  Davis Adams > haha Shields

You are really over rating Green Bay they have the best QB in the game along with good coaching . We have a ton of talent on this team we just have been failing to utilize our players properly especially on the offense .

I think there is less pressure on Chud this week because of Denver's great D.  Low expectations and all that.  

I also don't think it will be all that different or difficult.  It's not like he's re-writing the playbook.  He'll probably just call different plays.

Oh and maybe clear things up with Andrew as to what plays he can audible to.

Dink and dunk, pass to the RB and TE's. Slants, and screens. 

Basically run the game plan Hasselbeck was running, and once the secondary moves up, finally try for downfield and keep em guessing. 

With that Pass Rush, don't be using the Pep playbook filled with 7 step drops, and those dumb bunched up WR groupings. 

^That's how we got Luck crushed, and dug ourselves 1st half holes^ 

This is far more accurate...

QB:  Push

RB: Colts

TE: Colts

WR: Colts

DL: Push

Secondary: Colts

Dink and dunk, pass to the RB and TE's. Slants, and screens. 

Basically run the game plan Hasselbeck was running, and once the secondary moves up, finally try for downfield and keep em guessing. 

With that Pass Rush, don't be using the Pep playbook filled with 7 step drops, and those dumb bunched up WR groupings. 

^That's how we got Luck crushed, and dug ourselves 1st half holes^ 

Andrew stinks at dink & dunk. Clearly his game is hold onto the ball and sling it 20+ yards to the guy he has made his mind up to pre-snap.

Chud has to fix that!!! lol

He has to teach Andrew how the screen game works, reading receivers so he can add back shoulder throws (lol with HIS accuracy), and teach him timing when he adds curls and comeback routes to the O.

You know, the ___ he should have been working on from DAY 1.

Chud on the stress/craziness of this week: “My wife mentioned the rings under my eyes are bigger than they used to be."

— Kevin Bowen (@KBowenColts)

November 5, 2015

Chud on the stress/craziness of this week: “My wife mentioned the rings under my eyes are bigger than they used to be."

Chud: “I’ve always been aggressive offensively, stressing the balance.” Personnel driven league

November 5, 2015

Chud: “I’ve always been aggressive offensively, stressing the balance.” Personnel driven league

Chud says he’s challenged the offensive line to be one of the best units in the NFL. Thinks that unit has improved in recent weeks

November 5, 2015

Chud says he’s challenged the offensive line to be one of the best units in the NFL. Thinks that unit has improved in recent weeks

Chud on Luck: “He’s really unique. He has a plan for everything he does & always is working to improve. He’s taking the bull by the horns."

November 5, 2015

Chud on Luck: “He’s really unique. He has a plan for everything he does & always is working to improve. He’s taking the bull by the horns."

Chud on eliminating the penalties and self-inflicted negatives: “That’s a huge part, huge emphasis of what we need to fix."

November 5, 2015

Chud on eliminating the penalties and self-inflicted negatives: “That’s a huge part, huge emphasis of what we need to fix."

Chud on the TEs: “Certainly the tight ends are guys that have the ability to play well and make a difference."

November 5, 2015

Chud on the TEs: “Certainly the tight ends are guys that have the ability to play well and make a difference."

Were gonna see luck score 7 touchdowns and realize it was all pep hamilton trying to apply his college offense in the nfl still..

bro chud just mentioned bed tightends...I think we win this game finally because pep didn't know they were suppose to block AND RECIEVE.

i would agree with u only if jordy nelson wasn't injured. but i think if jordy plays greenbay would strech there D and make things a whole lot tough. plus broncos had the advantage of playing at home with hall famers surrounding them giving them extra motivation

Denver's defense is tough and it will cause some problems just because of the talent level they have on the D side of the ball.

That being said, I can also see it being a benefit because all the tendency charts and film study the Broncos have on the Colts can just be flushed down the toilet (or more likely deleted off the server).  They (the Broncos) really won't have any idea of what play the Colts are more likely to run on any given down and distance.

Nice analysis here, good points made. And not to mention, the game is in Indy along with the ol' cliché: "Any given Sunday"

https://twitter.com/KBowenColts/status/662340539799465984

https://twitter.com/KBowenColts/status/662340820016766976

Chud on the TEs: “Certainly the tight ends are guys that have the ability to play well and make a difference."[/quote

You know what will help cut down the holding penalties? Getting the ball out of Lucks hands with quicker passes]

If we don't employ the type of offense we ran against Houston I will be incredibly ticked. Why would we not run two te sets against Denver and help our tackles...chiping before going out into routes and try to hit our wrs on short crossing routes and check downs. Chiping also helps limit penalties because the tackles aren't getting beat or have help to the outside so they can set up and get in positon better without reaching holding. Ware likes the bull rush and shoulder dip along with stunting to the inside...and Miller prefers the speed rush to the outside so chiping on him should slow him down. Denver usually doesn't play the bump and run coverage but they do bait qbs into bad throws however by sitting on routes. We have to run the ball and double and chip on ware and miller. Let Gore help protect up the middle againt Jackson and Wolfe and their blitzes. We can have success but you have to sacrifice getting more guys out into routes. We need max protect and let TY, AJ, and Moncrief to win their matchups. It will be difficult but they can do it. Denver is very aggressive....we have to use that....screens and double moves and traps.

The packers typically come out flat after a bye.I know because my cousin and wife are packers fans and they complain about how the packers always look unprepared coming off byes. An other thing you have to take into account is eddie lacey hasn't been himself this year and starks was banged up so the packers were one dimensional. The packers also aren't good against teams that press their recievers. Teddy bridgewater, josh mccown, and alex smith all did decent against the broncos d. Two of them had a strong running game. If we give them a heavy dose of gore and bradshaw and play uptempo to tire them out patriots style i like of chances.

Actually this year our rbs are better than gb's and our tes are way better than gb's.

If the offense does anything, anything at all in the first 3 quarters of the game it will be an improvement.

Precisely Jet68...

Chud says there’s been a big emphasis on starting faster. Needs more consistently throughout the unit

November 5, 2015

Chud says there’s been a big emphasis on starting faster. Needs more consistently throughout the unit

Honestly, I don't expect to win this game since Talib & Ward are darn good tacklers & they know how to bring down WRs & TEs with the force of a sledge hammer. I'm open to being pleasantly shocked though TK.

When everybody thinks we're about to be pulverized [TV broadcasters I mean], the Colts usually play possessed, demonic ball with our hair on fire. Your classic trap game for the Broncos: Underestimating Indy & believing we are in disarray as an organization. 

Comparing the Colts defense to Denver's is laughable.

Perhaps personnel gets used correctly, Positive trends get seized upon, weapons are loaded AND used instead of just loaded and cocked.  WR's get open.  Personnel is used to their strengths.  Lackluster play is not rewarded with an ice-cream filled popsicle. Next man up.... drop the ball, don't run a play out, give up on a play, give up on a few extra yards, celebrate when we are down by 21, NEXT MAN UP.  Earn yo PT.