Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Since 2012: 19-2 vs the division; 19-19 against every other team.

Dustin

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thoughts?

On top of those numbers, how many ridiculous comebacks did they need to win the games they did? In this era, this team has put together very few complete, elite level games. This is a poorly run and poorly coached team. Coaching and management can thank the AFC South and Luck's numerous ridiculous comebacks for their continued employment.

It may be a very 'beaten to death' statistic, but it's also very telling one. I don't know how Colts fans can just shake it off as no big deal.

Essentially it gives the Colts 6 free wins every years, allowing them to play .500 ball against everyone else and their final record masks the real problems with the team. Isn't that worrisome? 

It may be a very 'beaten to death' statistic, but it's also very telling one. I don't know how Colts fans can just shake it off as no big deal.

Essentially it gives the Colts 6 free wins every years, allowing them to play .500 ball against everyone else and their final record masks the real problems with the team. Isn't that worrisome?

To a point, yes

I think when I looked up all the play off teams in the AFC since 2012 and we're not the only one in this sorta situation.

However the 3 front runners with the best records out of their division were the Pats/Broncos/Bengals so take from that what you will.

Let's face it, logic says good teams win games in and out of their division. 

I think when I looked up all the play off teams in the AFC since 2012 and we're not the only one in this sorta situation.

However the 3 front runners with the best records out of their division were the Pats/Broncos/Bengals so take from that what you will.

Let's face it, logic says good teams win games in and out of their division. 

that is true.....and the Colts have to a point...but the core of this team is still very young and that's where the inconsistency comes in.....compare that to the Broncos and Patriots where the main core of the team not young.

Colts have beat a lot of good teams outside of the Division, see my Post above. Just haven't beat you guys yet.

I think the root of the problem is consistency. There have been some good wins (2013: SEA, DEN, SF) but some head scratchers as well (2013: STL, ARZ, CIN). And last season, the Colts lost to pretty much every elite team they played in the regular season. It's baffling really.

Not sure about shaking it off. Some of the self flagellation on here is a sight to behold.

Yes!  Until this gets fixed the Colts won't win a SB

Nope, its all about "moral victories" and people who want change are overreacting.  We all just need to be content with  not being able to beat better teams and we will one season luck into getting a favorable playoff setting.  

Pathetic I know.  

Patriots did it through their SB runs. Was that worrisome?

I think the root of the problem is consistency. There have been some good wins (2013: SEA, DEN, SF) but some head scratchers as well (2013: STL, ARZ, CIN). And last season, the Colts lost to pretty much every elite team they played in the regular season. It's baffling really.

Except we beat Cincy Twice and in the Playoffs, Ravens, and Denver in the Playoffs so what do you consider Elite? If Denver isn't Elite than nobody is. Ravens were too last season, we beat them last year.

Patriots did it through their SB runs. Was that worrisome?

No it wasn't worrisome, because it wasn't the same...like at all.

The difference is that the Patriots beat their division opponents AND their non-division opponents. We weren't playing .500 ball against the rest of the league. Those 2003 and 2004 Championship teams both went 17-2...and they were 18-2 those years against teams outside their division. That's a far cry from comparing them to this Colts statistic.

come on guys! We're still rebuilding! Grigson is still in the process of building "the monster". This is only year 4 of a COMPLETE REBUILD!!!1!

Give Grigson some time, let him whiff on a few more first rounders, let him insert more scrubs like Johnathon Harrison, Lance Louis and Todd Herremans into the starting lineup against the coaches wishes, and give out a few more bad contracts to aging free agents that cant contribute and are overpaid, did i mention prone to injury?

Remember, we are ONNNNLYYY in YEAR 4 of a COMPLETE REBUILD. SInce you only draft BPA no matter what the situation in the draft, we could end up taking a WR in the 1st 3 rounds of the next 3 drafts...AND THATS OKAY! Thats how you build a championship roster, you only draft BPA. If you dont do that, youre stupid. If you cant see why thats a bad philosophy, youre stupid. This is why COMPLETE REBUILDS sometimes take a long time.....duh

Just remember, we are ONLY in YEAR 4 of a COMPLETE REBUILD. There is no logical basis to bash Grigson because he has done some good things. REMEMBER, it is completely foolish to criticize the many bad moves a GM has made if they have made just a couple solid moves. Especially considering, WE ARE ONLY IN YEAR 4 OF A COMPLETE REBUILD

we are only in year 4, of a complete rebuild!!!!!1!!! Everyone is beyond criticism, especially Grigson!

Edited by SteelCityColt

Except we beat Cincy Twice and in the Playoffs, Ravens, and Denver in the Playoffs so what do you consider Elite? If Denver isn't Elite than nobody is. Ravens were too last season, we beat them last year.

Cincinnati was far from elite when the Colts played them in the post-season. Meanwhile Denver had a severely diminished Peyton Manning at QB. I'll give you the Ravens though.

What about Dallas, Pittsburgh and New England twice?

Cincinnati was far from elite when the Colts played them in the post-season. Meanwhile Denver had a severely diminished Peyton Manning at QB. I'll give you the Ravens though.

What about Dallas, Pittsburgh and New England twice?

Peyton Manning is diminished this year and they're 6-0.

Nope, its all about "moral victories" and people who want change are overreacting. We all just need to be content with not being able to beat better teams and we will one season luck into getting a favorable playoff setting.

Pathetic I know.

if this don't explain this board idk what else does perfect!! Preach Surge!!

come on guys! We're still rebuilding! Grigson is still in the process of building "the monster". This is only year 4 of a COMPLETE REBUILD!!!1!

Give Grigson some time, let him whiff on a few more first rounders, let him insert more scrubs like Johnathon Harrison, Lance Louis and Todd Herremans into the starting lineup against the coaches wishes, and give out a few more bad contracts to aging free agents that cant contribute and are overpaid, did i mention prone to injury?

Remember, we are ONNNNLYYY in YEAR 4 of a COMPLETE REBUILD. SInce you only draft BPA no matter what the situation in the draft, we could end up taking a WR in the 1st 3 rounds of the next 3 drafts...AND THATS OKAY! Thats how you build a championship roster, you only draft BPA. If you dont do that, youre stupid. If you cant see why thats a bad philosophy, youre stupid. This is why COMPLETE REBUILDS sometimes take a long time.....duh

Just remember, we are ONLY in YEAR 4 of a COMPLETE REBUILD. There is no logical basis to bash Grigson because he has done some good things. REMEMBER, it is completely foolish to criticize the many bad moves a GM has made if they have made just a couple solid moves. Especially considering, WE ARE ONLY IN YEAR 4 OF A COMPLETE REBUILD

we are only in year 4, of a complete rebuild!!!!!1!!! Everyone is beyond criticism, especially Grigson!

When I posted over at ESPN I gave us a 5 year window. We are only in year 4. It took Peyton 9 years to win a SB.

Edited by SteelCityColt

Peyton is fooling everyone and just lollygagging. He just wants to stay healthy. The Regular Season to him is a Practice Season at this point. Only the Playoffs matter.

Indeed this has to be true.  I mean, look how great Peyton is in the playoffs.  And he's even better now that 5, 10, 15 years ago!  His skills are just fine.  I mean, don't let the, what, 9 "one and done" trips fool you.

I can see the premise of the opening post.

Another thing to think about at is that the 6 easy division wins will almost automatically get us into the play-offs, and thus gives us draft picks in the 21-32 range. This puts us at a disadvantage compared to those that have seasons outside the play-offs.

Not saying either opinion is right, but both I think are valid in some way.

Who cares? Do you think the Giants complain about their regular season horror when they won their 2 super bowls. As long as you make it and win it, it doesn't matter. This team has proven wins against the packers, and eventual sb winners seahawks. Nothing left to prove. Just a win against new england.

There 3 losses seem different know looking g at those teams and how they play now

When Denver wins the SB come talk to me.

Do you mean this season?  I mean, Denver eventually could be a threat to win a super bowl.  Like in a few years when they develop a better offensive and if they can keep their defense together.  Defense is fantastic.  That may be bottom 6 offenses in the league.  It won't get better as the weather comes and Manning enters the playoffs.   If he's playing in the playoffs.  They can't run the ball very well.  They can't throw very well at all, including 9% completions over 14yards.  If you mean this season, I'm just sorry.  If we make the playoffs, we'll beat Denver on the road, however, we'll likely have to go to NE in divisional due to records of wildcard round winners.  (And, yeah y'all, I realize a win in the wild card round is 50/50 at best).  Denver would lose to Indy, Cincy, Jets, Steelers, and probably Buffalo.  Denver will get beat 40-3 by New England in Foxboro this year. 

If you look back at some old news you've had people suggesting the Patriots success was due to the AFC East being bad.    These type of claims don't get much interest from me.  You know a good team when you see one regardless of what their division opponents look like.  When Peytons Colts were whipping everybody are you trying to tell me that was because of the AFC South?  No

I don't think anyone on this board thinks we're as good as what a "three time division champion" moniker might suggest, given the records indicated.  Overall though, I think we're still a top 10 team overall these past few years, though probably more around the number 10 slot.

Me, I'm just glad we're beating up on that lousy division and making the PO.  

If you look back at some old news you've had people suggesting the Patriots success was due to the AFC East being bad.    These type of claims don't get much interest from me.  You know a good team when you see one regardless of what their division opponents look like.  When Peytons Colts were whipping everybody are you trying to tell me that was because of the AFC South?  No

Difference is the Patriots and those old Colts teams would beat up on their division AND everyone else too. These Colts don't do both.

No it wasn't worrisome, because it wasn't the same...like at all.

The difference is that the Patriots beat their division opponents AND their non-division opponents. We weren't playing .500 ball against the rest of the league. Those 2003 and 2004 Championship teams both went 17-2...and they were 18-2 those years against teams outside their division. That's a far cry from comparing them to this Colts statistic.

Well i guess we just need to find a coach that isn't afraid to skirt the rules a lil.

Know of anyone?