Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts could be looking ay Sean Payton next year?

PeterBowman

It might be a good idea if the media would stick to articles that are present. It has gotten to the point the media is so worried about breaking a story first they make a speculation up and then put it out. No one knows what the Saints are going to do with Payton. And only Irsay knows what is going to happen to Pagano. You are correct with your grain of salt comment. There is way too much football to be played this season for any speculations to be considered. The media puts this crap out so they can come back later and claim they were the first to break the story. If none of this turns out they will naturally just not mention it. It's sad that the media feels the need to produce stories that are nothing but speculation and opinions and then calls them breaking news.  

Colts will be linked to EVERY HC candidate for the rest of the year/offseason until Pagano either signs a new contract or is told to pack his bags. Every. Single. One. Even non-candidates we will be linked to. No sources. No quotes. Just assumptions and what ifs. Better get used to it, lol

Talk about head coach next year. Fire Grigson. Pep has to go. Blah blah. Getting very old.

We are 5 games into the 2015 season and setting ourselves up for another playoff appearance. I can't understand the focus on negativity.

Whether you want him or not,  you have to understand this........

Sean Payton is not going to come to the Colts without the Colts sending a pick or picks to New Orleans.

That probably starts with a one and goes up from there........

Everyone OK with that?

I really like Payton and would love to have him,  but I don't think this franchise can give up high draft picks for a good coach.

he I not even been fired yet and neither has Pagano, its week 5, lol really, you would think people would be thinking about the Pats not whos coaching us next season, oh wait that's right..most people on here have already chalked up a loss even though it hasn't happened yet, what ever happened to any given sunday, now its more like, "were not 5-0, we look bad, scratch the season, fire everybody" lol sad

Whether you want him or not, you have to understand this........

Sean Payton is not going to come to the Colts without the Colts sending a pick or picks to New Orleans.

That probably starts with a one and goes up from there........

Everyone OK with that?

I really like Payton and would love to have him, but I don't think this franchise can give up high draft picks for a good coach.

Unless he is fired.

Unless he is fired.

Right.     Unless he's fired.     Understood.

Except,  you know have stories saying he's a desired talent in the NFL.

If you're the Saints,  why do you fire him and let him leave for nothing,   when you can trade him and get coveted draft picks from a team that will pay for the privilege.

I don't see the Saints struggling as a Sean Payton problem.    I see a talent problem due to massive salary cap mismanagement.

The problem is Grigson, not Pagano.  We need better coordinators also, although Pep's playcalling was better Thursday.

How can we say that (re: Grigson)?  Look at the draft he had this past season.  The Langford, Gore, Lowery, and AJ signings have paid off already too.

And the o-line is absolutely serviceable now that the lineup has been shaken up and a quick passing game is being utilized (vs. all of the 5-7 step drops the line was having to deal with to start the season).

Dude makes some mistakes (all GMs do) but he has the Colts winning division games with a backup QB. 

How can we say that (re: Grigson)?  Look at the draft he had this past season.  The Langford, Gore, Lowery, and AJ signings have paid off already too.

And the o-line is absolutely serviceable now that the lineup has been shaken up and a quick passing game is being utilized (vs. all of the 5-7 step drops the line was having to deal with to start the season).

Dude makes some mistakes (all GMs do) but he has the Colts winning division games with a backup QB.

Yep. Anderson and Parry, so far, seem to have been good choices.

I'm actually ok with Pagano. He is starting to win me over more. Let's just see how this season turns out. Some of these other names being thrown around right now are quite frightening to be honest.

Media is trying to drum up drama around this team. Colts will rise above it.

Being "OK" with a guy isn't exactly a ringing endorsement lol

Yep. Anderson and Parry, so far, seem to have been good choices.

Absolutely.  Not only are they quality players, but they play will together (which is critical along the d-line).  Furthermore, they bring some toughness and intensity to the d-line, something many of us have been begging for on defense. 

Dorsett had a huge play in the Titans game.  Geathers has played well.

Robinson has been the only baffling case, as he showed out in the preseason.  Too bad that DJ Smith got banged up, too.  I think he was starting to come on. 

While I agree with some personnel that you mentioned plus the last draft was decent, the O-line is still troublesome with the exception of last week and we are thin at CB. 

My point is that automatically firing Pagano after the season would be counterproductive as the buck stops with Grigson in terms of personnel for the O-line and defensive holes.  

Payton is not the answer. Not saying hes not a good coach but..... actions speak louder than words look at the Saints last season and so far this season.. If Payton came to indy and had the same results hes had the last two years in NO we will all be screaming for chuck back. I think Pagano is a good coach. Im not so sure about Grigson not sure if the reports of his interference with chuck are accurate. but if they are I think he needs to change his policy and let chuck run the team or he needs to go. Payton is not gonna come in here and all of a sudden everything is gonna start firing on all cylinders. He may be a good coach but hes not the answer for us..

I don't want him....he shot John F Kennedy....

sean-payton_zps0364b667.jpgLee-Harvey-Oswald-9430309-1-402_zps0aaa2

Whoa! I remember the day Kennedy was shot & killed. I also witnessed Oswald being shot & killed on live TV. I'll never forget those 3 days in Dallas and the funera/burial that followed in Washington D.C./Arlington Cemetery as long as I live. Everytime I see Kennedy's face and/or Oswald, it sends me directly back to Friday/November 22nd, 1963.

Whoa! I remember the day Kennedy was shot & killed. I also witnessed Oswald being shot & killed on live TV. I'll never forget those 3 days in Dallas and the funera/burial that followed in Washington D.C./Arlington Cemetery as long as I live. Everytime I see Kennedy's face and/or Oswald, it sends me directly back to Friday/November 22nd, 1963.

This thread just got serious. We are having people now relive JFK memories thanks to Sean Payton.

Why would he sign a 1 year? to be in another lame duck situation.

I think Irsay needs to see where the problem lies. Maybe give Pagano the keys for a year to see if Grigson really was the problem. Let him get his own coaches, draft his own players, and even pick his own FAs.

Obviously you give him a handcuff to advise him on certain things so he's not in over his head. But you try it because of how the players respond to him.