Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots Vs Steelers Who Ya Got?

RockThatBlue

I hate the Patriots so I'm saying Pittsburgh. And you say Brady against suspect secondary? What about Ben against a suspect secondary? The Pats have good safeties but their corners are a major concern. Fletcher was horrible last year.

This is true the pats certainly don't have a revis back there anymore but my gut tells me the pats win but trust me I hope I'm wrong lol

The first game of the year is so hard to predict. History tells us the Pats should win as only once since the NFL began having the defending champion open the season at home have they lost and that was the Giants in 2012 to the Cowboys.

That being said, I think this game is going to be close. The injuries Pitt has along with the Bell and Bryant suspensions are huge. Also, I have watched some of their preseason games and although I don't like to put a lot of stock in the preseason in general, their defense looked bad. They have no one in the secondary of note and their line can be run on. They have some nice LBs and that is about it. No more Lebeau either so we will see how this new DC handles things.

That all being said, I expect Big Ben to do his thing. I think he has a chance at MVP this year if he can stay healthy. He is going to test the NE secondary all night long just like Brady will test his.

I expect a high score and think the Pats escape with a 3 point win - 31-28 or 34-31.

One thing is for certain though. The crowd will be rabid after this off-season especially when Brady takes the field and of course the banner raising which we have waited for since Feb. 1. So it will be a special night regardless of the outcome of the game.

BTW, feels GREAT to talk some real football finally!! :)

And once since 2004.

They beat the Patriots (albeit Brady-less) in 2008, in Foxboro.

Anyhow, don't even know if I want to watch this game. Patriots will win in a blowout, seeing the fans go nuts over Brady (I'm about to blow some steam off, but it apparently was news that he was "ready to play on Thursday" yesterday, with a press conference to boot about it. Guess what, EVERY PATRIOTS AND STEELERS PLAYER IS READY TO PLAY TOO! I'm ready to return to work tomorrow, where's my spot in the news? Where's my press conference?), and having to see another banner dropped in that place (thanks to the Seahawks OC). So nothing good will come out of watching that game for me. I know it's football, but I'll just be watching so many things that will make my stomach churn. I'll wait til Sunday.

Ironic the Steelers have a star player suspended for smoking a little weed but the Pats star gets to play despite cheating in an AFC Championship game.

Both Pittsburgh AND New England will be missing their top back for that game...and the ironic thing there is that it is for the same incident.

Ironic the Steelers have a star player suspended for smoking a little weed but the Pats star gets to play despite cheating in an AFC Championship game.

I honestly don't care who wins but I don't see the Steelers going into Foxborough and winning.

You what is even funnier, to date Brady has received the same penalty as Jay Feely.   You know the guy who is a kicker and his sideline employees was doctoring the balls, sounds familiar? 

As for Bell suspension I will defer to Dynasty's last post.

The Pats generally play well against the Steelers, kind of a match up thing I guess. 

And Brady generally has the Steelers number.  Yah the Steelers have been us 3 times in the BB/TB era, the first one was Halloween 2004 and we had a lot of injuries, 2008 without Brady and most recently in 2011.  No past records do not necessarily control (as both teams are different from 2004 short of the QBs), but we generally beat the Steelers. 

It is unknown if Brady is drained from the offseason and time will tell if that will effect the season.   

Odds are is that I like the pats.  And for what it is worth, most home teams win the first the Thursday night game

The game is important for seeding if the two teams are fortunate enough to make it to the playoffs.

The Pats generally play well against the Steelers, kind of a match up thing I guess. 

And Brady generally has the Steelers number.  Yah the Steelers have been us 3 times in the BB/TB era, the first one was Halloween 2004 and we had a lot of injuries, 2008 without Brady and most recently in 2011.  No past records do not necessarily control (as both teams are different from 2004 short of the QBs), but we generally beat the Steelers. 

It is unknown if Brady is drained from the offseason and time will tell if that will effect the season.   

Odds are is that I like the pats.  And for what it is worth, most home teams win the first the Thursday night game

The game is important for seeding if the two teams are fortunate enough to make it to the playoffs.

Brady was on WEEI today and he sounded good to me. Very focused and ready to play. We will see how he looks Thursday but I am hoping Stork plays. Apparently he is going through concussion protocol.

Brady was on WEEI today and he sounded good to me. Very focused and ready to play. We will see how he looks Thursday but I am hoping Stork plays. Apparently he is going through concussion protocol.

I did hear Brady too.  He did seem in good spirits although a tad more serious than in prior interviews.  I do think that it has been a long summer for him and he wants to move forward.

I did hear Brady too.  He did seem in good spirits although a tad more serious than in prior interviews.  I do think that it has been a long summer for him and he wants to move forward.

Yeah, this will be a great game I think. Both the pregame stuff and then the game and potentially an important one too for determining playoff seedings down the road. I saw Peter King picked the Ravens to get to the SB but I just don't see it. I think the Steelers and Bengals will beat them out in the division.