Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Josh Robinson

theanarchist

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Addai was really good, He just could not stay healthy, He would be right on pace with Gores numbers had he stayed healthy(Probably well ahead actually if he had those 276 carries). Addai actually had more TD's then Gore did through his 6 years in the NFL compared to Gores first 6 years, 48 to 44, as well as rushing 35 to 39....This was with Addai getting 276 less carries in his first 6 years then Gore

Addai was good but as you pointed out, inconsistencies kept him from being an Edgerrin James level running back.   It also seemed as if he went down upon contact.  

J.addai also seemed to change his style. ... His rookie yr he was a strong running power back that wouldput his shoulder down and run you over I.e. That run against the Giants week 1.... Also was a good complement to D. Rhodes.... After that he start trying to be a scat back which he did have some good moves but just wasn't his real style to me. . However he did Pass pro like a LT we hadn't had that in a while

J.addai also seemed to change his style. ... His rookie yr he was a strong running power back that wouldput his shoulder down and run you over I.e. That run against the Giants week 1.... Also was a good complement to D. Rhodes.... After that he start trying to be a scat back which he did have some good moves but just wasn't his real style to me. . However he did Pass pro like a LT we hadn't had that in a while

That's what happens to most players after a couple injuries to the same area, There skill isn't what it used to be

Blindly (as in not knowing who they were drafted by to prevent bias...not doing it without eyes) I ranked a list of 15 rookie RBs (mostly for my dynasty league purposes) and Robinson came out in the upper half. I was pretty impressed by him. And in the preseason I thought he looked good as well. 

It's rare for me to think that about our "depth" running backs, so I'm pleasantly surprised by his abilities...hope he keeps it up...

I hate to get excited about offensive skill positions like RB and WR, because it's so easy to be blinded, but Robinson had me standing and clapping with his runs tonight. Boom should be a good 3rd down back, but Josh deserves a shot at the #2 next week. Also really rooting for Ballard to grab the #4 spot. If Vargas can earn it so be it, but Tipton needs to begone!

The Oline went to the toilet after addai's rookie yr

I think a lot of people got hung up on his lack of top-end speed at his size.  I'm certainly not one of them.  If he can pick up blocks, I believe he's the future at RB for us.

he picked up nice block in frist game ,hes a keeper he be the starter next year

I want to know why he isn't seeing reps with the first team...  Gore is our #1 back no question, but Robinson should at least be allowed to compete with Boom for the #2 job.

I think/hope he will see some time with the 1's this week. I would also like to see what Carter can with Luck throwing him the ball...

Yeah, I predicted before the first preseason game that he'd be a bust, and I love that he's proving me wrong. The more draft picks we hit on, the better. I hope he continues to impress and improve and soon become our starting rb that we can be proud of. He's putting in hard work, and I hope he produces this year as much as possible and makes me eat crow.

Addai was really good, He just could not stay healthy, He would be right on pace with Gores numbers had he stayed healthy(Probably well ahead actually if he had those 276 carries). Addai actually had more TD's then Gore did through his 6 years in the NFL compared to Gores first 6 years, 48 to 44, as well as rushing 35 to 39....This was with Addai getting 276 less carries in his first 6 years then Gore

Dancing Joe averaged Under 4 YPC in 3 of his 6 seasons, Gore has Never been under 4 YPC, and was about 2,000 yds behind Gore in rushing yards through 6 seasons.

As for rushing TD`s Addai played on a top 5 offense where Gore played on an Offense that averaged about 25th in those 6 years.

Addai was Very Good as a blocker, and good as a receiver, as we know, and just mediocre as a runner.