Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1ST PRESEASON GAME WHO OR WHAT R U WATCHING?

spartancolt

I want to see all the new blood in action especially the guys we drafted. I feel like we brought some good talent through the draft and there are a few UDFA's a really like.

I think  the starters are pretty much set unless we have an injury. The depth of the team is getting stronger. It will take some doing to make the 53 man roster this year.

I want to see Varga carry/catch the ball against NFL competition. I think the running back position is one of the most wide open on the team after Gore. There is no one that blows you away. Varga could be a sleeper that finds a spot because of his versatility.

I will be watching the O Line very closely of course. I want to see how Mewhort makes the switch. I was one of the few that thought he would end up at RT. Where are Thorton and Harrison at this year? Can John or Goode play T in the league? T is the spot on the team that has me the most concerned.

On D Line I want to see Quarles. If he is in shape I think he can push for a spot. Can Adongo play football? The linebackers I am most interested in are Sylvestre, Hodges and Herrera. I think one of the 3 can push for a spot on the 53 man. 

The back end is loaded with guys I want to see in action Smith/Geathers of course. Then Dewey, Guy, Brown, Celiscar. Has Sheldon Price developed into anything after 2 yrs on the PS?  He has the size and speed you look for maybe the forgotten guy.  

It is going to be tough get to the 53 man roster this year. The PS should have some solid talent on it. I am really excited for Sunday.

I want to see all the new blood in action especially the guys we drafted. I feel like we brought some good talent through the draft and there are a few UDFA's a really like.

I think the starters are pretty much set unless we have an injury. The depth of the team is getting stronger. It will take some doing to make the 53 man roster this year.

I want to see Varga carry/catch the ball against NFL competition. I think the running back position is one of the most wide open on the team after Gore. There is no one that blows you away. Varga could be a sleeper that finds a spot because of his versatility.

I will be watching the O Line very closely of course. I want to see how Mewhort makes the switch. I was one of the few that thought he would end up at RT. Where are Thorton and Harrison at this year? Can John or Goode play T in the league? T is the spot on the team that has me the most concerned.

On D Line I want to see Quarles. If he is in shape I think he can push for a spot. Can Adongo play football? The linebackers I am most interested in are Sylvestre, Hodges and Herrera. I think one of the 3 can push for a spot on the 53 man.

The back end is loaded with guys I want to see in action Smith/Geathers of course. Then Dewey, Guy, Brown, Celiscar. Has Sheldon Price developed into anything after 2 yrs on the PS? He has the size and speed you look for maybe the forgotten guy.

It is going to be tough get to the 53 man roster this year. The PS should have some solid talent on it. I am really excited for Sunday.

The new rookies of course, but also the disruption of a smaller more fit Arthur Jones and Kendall Langford. I also want to see what our defense does in nickel and dime formations with Geathers. Plus the media and Pep say they are trying to move our receivers around in new ways this season to switch things up. So I am very curious to see the new formations and lineups with our WRs on offense as well as our starting o-line.

I am most interested in seeing who will make the 53 man roster. From what I have seen in camp there is going to have to be some tough cuts made. These pre season games are going to be real important to quite a few players. It seems the depth is pretty deep in some areas and IMO some good players are going to be on the practice squad. Other teams may benefit after some of these players don't make the team. On the other hand Grigson will be looking for players who are cut or on practice squads of other teams. It could be a huge shuffle before the first regular season game. Fans will have their opinions and all will not be happy but that happens every year.

I am most interested in seeing who will make the 53 man roster. From what I have seen in camp there is going to have to be some tough cuts made. These pre season games are going to be real important to quite a few players. It seems the depth is pretty deep in some areas and IMO some good players are going to be on the practice squad. Other teams may benefit after some of these players don't make the team. On the other hand Grigson will be looking for players who are cut or on practice squads of other teams. It could be a huge shuffle before the first regular season game. Fans will have their opinions and all will not be happy but that happens every year.

I agree there are going to be some tough cuts and some solid players sitting on the PS.

It will be interesting to see how we construct the 53 man.

D. Carter

C. Geathers

P. Dorsett

D. Moncrief

F. Gore (Even though he may not play or will be limited to playing)

A. Johnson (Same as Gore)

K. Langford

D. Smith

J. Robinson

That's most of who I'm specifically watching. Other than that I just want a Colts win with NO INJURIES!!!

:colts:

It's only preseason, so it has to be the players that are being the most evaluated...

So im watching individuals and they are going to be all the rookies and the roster fringe players. As usual, the results of these games mean nothing, it's how well the individual players are doing that gets me excited about the preseason.

oline-louis in particular because im really concerned with him starting.

dline-hopefully art jones continues his great camp to the game

pass rush-hopefully newsome continues to develop and cole shows he still got some left in the tank

secondary-mostly to watch how they use geathers because I dont buy lowery will be the starter for too long. kinda like how bethea replaced mike doss

I tried to get it down to 53 the other day and I quit!  I did not want to cut who I had left.  :)  This is a pretty deep football team.

I also would ideally like the NFL to go from 53 to 60.  Teams rarely keep enough linemen for both trenches...I feel like extra bodies is more important than longer extra point kicks....JMO :)

Hugh Thornton, Djoun Smith, Clayton Geathers, All pass rushers, Josh Robinson, Henry Anderson, David Parry, Zach Kerr, Montori Hughes, Ulrick John, Winston Guy, and Duron Carter and Dorsett...hopefully the 3rd QB is at least half way decent for the receivers

The rookies of course, but i really want to see how J. Newsome and Moncrief are coming along. Jonathan Newsome looked like he could be a beast for us last year and we got Moncrief young. Its going to be an exciting year!

Thanks for bringing up J New!  I haven't heard anything from him this offseason, and I was wondering about him myself this week!  Hopefully he is progressing and will be even more of a threat this year.  Especially with Mathis coming back, and hopefully filling gaps on the front 3, will allow him to get more involved.  I do see him getting a significant amount of more reps, due to the opponents needing to play catch up (Colt's grabbing early leads), thus creating more pass rush situations!

Most Intrigued to see? Anderson/Geathers

What unit will be under my eye?  The O-Line.  I need to see more sensible blocking assignments

What FA will I be watching?  Langford and what type of role he is going to play. 

Least interested?  the receivers

I have a side interest for the LBers but with little optimism so there is that...