Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Creative (Colts) Fantasy Football Team Names

AmberDerrow

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though I hate that song "Born To Be Wild" by  Steppenwolf, since most radio stations use that number as the best road trip song ever it's not.

You get 4 thumbs up for creative ingenuity bravo4460.  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:  :thmup:

While Born To Be Wild is a great song it has worn itself out. I will take Radar Love for the road trip song. But then I am partial to Golden Earring. Steppenwolf has some great tunes like Don't Step on the Grass Sam or For Ladies Only. Both groups are legendary in their own way. John Kay is the original bad butt rock singer.

I'm always Team Naptown, and I always have one team a year where I draft all Colts players.  That team is usually my best team too.

It used to be fool-proof, just draft Manning, and then whoever he is throwing the ball to.  A touchdown to Wayne would get me double points.  The Colts' D would give up some yards and points, but they were always good for a few turnovers, so decent points.

This seems to be working with the current team as well, although drafting TRich was a huge mistake that led to a revolving door at RB for me all year...

This year is looking good - Luck, Gore, Allen/Fleener, TY, AJ, Vinatieri is money and Mathis is back on D.  Flex is the tricky spot, Dorsett or Moncrief?

I'm always Team Naptown, and I always have one team a year where I draft all Colts players.  That team is usually my best team too.

It used to be fool-proof, just draft Manning, and then whoever he is throwing the ball to.  A touchdown to Wayne would get me double points.  The Colts' D would give up some yards and points, but they were always good for a few turnovers, so decent points.

This seems to be working with the current team as well, although drafting TRich was a huge mistake that led to a revolving door at RB for me all year...

This year is looking good - Luck, Gore, Allen/Fleener, TY, AJ, Vinatieri is money and Mathis is back on D.  Flex is the tricky spot, Dorsett or Moncrief?

If an all Colts team is your best team, then you're probably pretty terrible at fantasy football.  haha

If an all Colts team is your best team, then you're probably pretty terrible at fantasy football.  haha

I've won two leagues during the Manning era.  I usually always make the playoffs.  Go back and look at some of the numbers from past years.  Colts players score a lot of points.  I usually have a stud RB from another team, and a solid bench.

The only time I struggle is during the Colts' bye week.  I scramble to get players and hit that waiver wire during bye week.

Plus, like I said, I do that with one team while I draft BPA in other leagues.  Any more than 3 teams to manage and it starts to get too time-consuming.

Actually, I finished 1st in 7, 2nd in 2 and 7th in 1 of my 10 fantasy leagues and all of them featured multiple Colts players... all of them with Luck last year were easy winners most weeks, though it got dicey in the playoffs because he sat most of the last 2 games.  I picked up Allen or Fleener on every team and Bradshaw and TY on most of my teams easily as well as Luck who no one seemed to want in all my drafts.  I also had at least one amazing starting RB, Demarco Murray, who was a budget pick ironically last year, was on 5 of my teams and I had LeSean McKoy on 4 of the others.  I used Bradshaw for all the games before he got hurt and looked like a genius and had picked up (luckily, not that I expected them to excel honestly) either Le'veon Bell (remember he sat the start of the season so few had interest in him and I had picked him up really just to cover up for bye weeks) and lucked into Lacy on the others.  So I was loaded and won most of my games by huge margins.  Colts players did me right and I guessed right quite a few weeks on when to play which Colts TE. 

Lucks value isn't too high this year either, I will likely pick him up again... but I am worried about ALL the receivers simply because there are so many of them to throw to I think they'll water each other down, so though Luck is a no brainer, even over an RB, the Colts receivers and TE's this year are a big risk.  I am not sure Gore gets enough yards to choose him over a better younger back but I will try to get him later down the draft for depth and maybe he'll surprise us.  

Actually, I finished 1st in 7, 2nd in 2 and 7th in 1 of my 10 fantasy leagues and all of them featured multiple Colts players... all of them with Luck last year were easy winners most weeks, though it got dicey in the playoffs because he sat most of the last 2 games.  I picked up Allen or Fleener on every team and Bradshaw and TY on most of my teams easily as well as Luck who no one seemed to want in all my drafts.  I also had at least one amazing starting RB, Demarco Murray, who was a budget pick ironically last year, was on 5 of my teams and I had LeSean McKoy on 4 of the others.  I used Bradshaw for all the games before he got hurt and looked like a genius and had picked up (luckily, not that I expected them to excel honestly) either Le'veon Bell (remember he sat the start of the season so few had interest in him and I had picked him up really just to cover up for bye weeks) and lucked into Lacy on the others.  So I was loaded and won most of my games by huge margins.  Colts players did me right and I guessed right quite a few weeks on when to play which Colts TE. 

Lucks value isn't too high this year either, I will likely pick him up again... but I am worried about ALL the receivers simply because there are so many of them to throw to I think they'll water each other down, so though Luck is a no brainer, even over an RB, the Colts receivers and TE's this year are a big risk.  I am not sure Gore gets enough yards to choose him over a better younger back but I will try to get him later down the draft for depth and maybe he'll surprise us.  

As long as the players you have (all one team or all one bye week) are good, high schoring players, then you only really have to worry about one week.  But  if you end up going 12-1, i wouldnt complain.

• 4 weeks later...

3 yards and a cloud of bust....

An embarrassment of Rich's....

2014ValorTRichStrengthInsert_zps3fedfbb3

Nice PAC56! Trent Fell Down & We Really Don't Want Him To Get Up. Too cruel? Yeah, I don't think so either. 

Not Colts related at all, but my defending champion squad is called Lambda Lambda Lambda, and Louis is my profile pic.

nerds.jpg

Any excuse to invoke a classic movie like "Revenge Of The Nerds" is a good thing SS. "We've got bush. We've got bush!" LOL! 

My team name is the Crushing Colts... It should be noted that I made that name up in 1995, when I was 12 years old.. This will be my 21st season as the Crushing Colts and I couldn't be more proud! I brought home my 3rd championship last year.. 3 in 20 seasons... Not that great, but that's fantasy football.

• 3 weeks later...