Colts select Phillip Dorsett 29 [Mega Merge]

12isthenew18

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I still can't wrap my head around this. Are they expecting to not re-sign Hilton next year?

Im worried that's exactly what they expect. A fan revolt might happen if we blow a first round pick because we aren't re-signing a fan favorite

This is why this forum is one of the worst in the entire league. The Colts deserve a better one.

No one is forcing you to be here.

Before the draft: "We should take the best player available!"

After the first round: Fire Grigson for taking the BPA because he's a WR!

There are obviously limits to it.  You don't blindly take BPA; you have to consider position, holes on your roster, etc.

Yeah, the record seems to say otherwise.

Luck covers up a lot, just like Peyton did

Who's our best front 7 player? Redding? Langford is better, you forgot to mention a back-up on one of the best front lines in the league... Also Trent Cole > Cory Redding, plus we get Mathis back, Newsome should improve, and Art Jones was probably our best front 7 player last season.

Neither Langford nor Cole are better than Redding, that is laughable.

so i guess if the BPA with our second pick is a wr we will draft another one?

Precisely. Anyone saying that this pick is okay because BPA no matter what had better be okay if we take 9 WRs this draft. All about the Board right?

Gregory

Collins

Brown

:colts: pick WR

Explain how it isn't a waste then get back to me

Maybe you quit being an armchair GM and realize AJ and TY are our only established WRs? Moncrief has potential no doubt, but he's no lock to become great. Also, AJ is getting up there in age. He's not gonna last forever. Maybe it speaks about those players you mentioned that they were still on the board? 

So you're saying you would take a receiver.

Then why are you arguing about it?

Because if a guy is a future hall of fame player it's a little different than a middle of the road WR prospect

I'd also take young Joe Montana, is this a reason to draft Garret Grayson at 29?

Gregory

Collins

Brown

:colts: pick WR

Explain how it isn't a waste then get back to me

It is really not the hard.  They put months of work in with thousands of man hours to come up with the board as the team sees it.  Given all their perceived defensive needs, clearly Dorsett was rated far enough ahead of any other player that they HAD to take him.  If they don't then they waste all the effort they put into preparing for the draft.

right but we also lost to the pats, steelers and some other teams because our Defense couldn't stop the run. And to hope that some mid or late round draft picks can solve all problems and develop into pro browlers is just dumb. sorry grigson is gambling too much!

We get Mathis back this year.  We added Trent Cole.  We added Nate Irving.  We have 8 (I believe it's 8) picks left.

One DT was not going to solve all of our problems.  I like the fact that we went with such a massively talented player like Dorsett.  Speed kills.  It just does.

The biggest factor was because we couldn't stop the run or sack Brady. Offense was great last year without Dorsett. Gregory or Brown should have been the pick.

As I said above - Mathis is back this year.  We added Cole and Irving in the LB corps.

And I agree, the offense was consistently good last year when it came to average/above average opponents.

However, that same offense was putrid against the Pats because no one could get open.  T.Y. was doubled.  Moncrief and Wayne were virtually non-existent.  We couldn't establish the run either.  Hopefully we can add a right tackle at some point. 

Maybe you quit being an armchair GM and realize AJ and TY are our only established WRs? Moncrief has potential no doubt, but he's no lock to become great. Also, AJ is getting up there in age. He's not gonna last forever. Maybe it speaks about those players you mentioned that they were still on the board?

Greene from FSU in the 3rd.... plenty of WR'S in this draft

Bad pick, end of discussion

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, May 1, 2015 - complaining about moderation
Hidden by Nadine, May 1, 2015 - complaining about moderation

No one is forcing you to be here.

There are obviously limits to it.  You don't blindly take BPA; you have to consider position, holes on your roster, etc.

Luck covers up a lot, just like Peyton did

I came back because people are literally laughing at you guys for being so bad.  I hadn't been here in months, and won't eve be back because you guys have no clue what you are doing as mods... and letting the Patriot fans run wild on the forum just like they do on the team. Colts forum is an epic failure.

Ban this account please.

Werner was BPA as well. Many here wanted Xavier Rhodes. He was clearly a better prospect the Werner but Grigson tries to do too much.

Colts FO thought he was BPA I assume. Based on every player available, defense included, they probably thought he wasn't gonna suck. We took Werner because of a need, not BPA, look how that turned out. 

I see no one here saying this kid sucks. 

So Dorsett and Hilton will blow the top off of the defense and we either dump it off to a 6'2''+ guy underneath or let them set up blocks for Gore and Coleman(heh heh).

or we trade TY Hilton for Wilkerson and kiss our SB season goodbye.

choices... choices...

I swear Grigson could have drafted someone who didn't declare for the draft and yall would defend him

"A real under the radar guy"

He's a horseshoe guy!  He chops wood.  So much wood chopping. :Cry: So much :Cry: wood shopping :Cry:

I just hope he chops wood at a little better pace than Werner.

HA.  to think I actually respected your pre-draft posts.  you have embarrassed yourself in this thread several times.

How?  Was Polian a bad drafter?

Maybe, who knows. I feel like he wasn't, though. He filled a need for defense, but turns he he's (most likely) a bust/average player. BPA is always the best route to take so ensure you get a solid player regardless of need. 

I disagree! You need to draft the Best Player Available at a position of need that's the only way you can built a complete team and not becoming one dimensional. At the moment we are repeating the same mistakes we made under Polian. Dorsett is a great player, Luck is awesome but if they can't get on the field because your Defense sucks you have a problem.