Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts select Phillip Dorsett 29 [Mega Merge]

12isthenew18

Well, they had 28 picks before theirs to see if they could get any trades. And it was longer than 2 seconds. I seem to recall that there was at least a commercial break between when the Bengals made their selection and when the Colts made theirs. I was several whiskies into the night, so it could have been longer or shorter, lol.

EDIT: Meant Lions, lol. Getting my cats mixed up. Maybe I did have too much whiskey lol.

What is this too much whiskey you speak of? There can never be too much whiskey.

I'm feeling much better about this pick after last night's selections. I still fear Brown is going to be another Wilfork for the Pats and I'd much rather have that no matter how good Dorsett ends up being. I do think Dorsett will be excellent and Luck should be the #1 player taken in every fantasy draft now.

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you know how many 2013 or 2014 first rounders played in the Super Bowl last year?

That's not the point, at all!  It's about upgrading your roster, IMO!  Sure, I'll agree with the standpoint of Malcom Brown doesn't fit our system, or he is overrated, but do you think he would see significant reps and be an upgrade to what we currently have?  Or is Dorsett going to play more this year and have a bigger impact?  I have Dorsett at #3 on the depth chart, so it is likely he will, but that pushes Moncrief down, and we spent a #3 on him last year, in which we had other needs, especially since we didn't even have a #1 last year!

I get the future thing and all, but if you have the opportunity to win NOW, you take it, because tomorrow is NEVER guaranteed!

Posted (edited) · Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 5, 2015 - takes shots at forum member
Hidden by 21isSuperman, May 5, 2015 - takes shots at forum member

Grigson is probably the worst GM in the NFL.

you gotta be the worst fan in the nfl... or least knowledgeable Grigson is the man

Edited by 21isSuperman

Nobody else had the speed to go alone with the hands that this kid has so I think he was scouts rated him as a late 1 to early second round pick and that's where the colts got him.

Best WR is determined by the team and the team alone. Not by Mel Kiper, Mayock or whomever.  If the Colts had Dorsett graded as the best WR then how is someone else going to say he wasn't the best wr available?  That's totally up to the team who pulls the trigger on the wideout.  To the Colts he was the best WR availalbe according to their boards. 

Best WR is determined by the team and the team alone. Not by Mel Kiper, Mayock or whomever.  If the Colts had Dorsett graded as the best WR then how is someone else going to say he wasn't the best wr available?  That's totally up to the team who pulls the trigger on the wideout.  To the Colts he was the best WR availalbe according to their boards. 

Exactly. The Colts, based on their board,  felt that Dorsett will be a far better contributor to the team than the other D players that were available at the time they picked.