Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2015-2016 Reg. Season schedule

TKnight24

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an interesting tidbit ... The 2015 Top Easiest Schedules via strength of schedule from 2014 ...

1. Atlanta Falcons

2. Indianapolis Colts

3. Houston Texans

4. Tampa Bay Bucs

5. New Orleans Saints

So yeah, a very favorable schedule for Indy! It's about time to be in the Top 5 of this list if you ask me.

Here's an interesting tidbit ... The 2015 Top Easiest Schedules via strength of schedule from 2014 ...

1. Atlanta Falcons

2. Indianapolis Colts

3. Houston Texans

4. Tampa Bay Bucs

5. New Orleans Saints

So yeah, a very favorable schedule for Indy! It's about time to be in the Top 5 of this list if you ask me.

Ha! All NFC South and AFC South teams because our crappy divisions play each other this year.

I think it could be interesting. Some of those games scare me. The Bills could be legitimate this year, that defense is stout. The NFC South is completely unpredictable year in and year out. The Jets could be interesting with Revis back. I don't see this schedule as easy by any means.

No real complaints right now, looks pretty good.

A few thoughts:

1) Week 1 will be tougher then people think. I favor us, but maybe not by a lot right now. 

2) I am suprised we got early games for both the Saints and Falcons. Guess they wanted to hype up Luck vs. Newton more due to age.

3) December 6th at night in Pittsburgh in the winter is going to be IMO possibly the toughest game we have all season. 

4) Glad NE is in October. So we don't have to wait all year for this......lets get it over with either way early. And we will be healthier hopefully in October too.

5) Bye week after the Denver game works for me. It's usually an emotionally charged game so a break will be nice after it.

All good points,that Buffalo defense is gonna be a tough test week 1,Can't wait for the season to start now.

I know I should probably save this for one of those inevitable: Predict the Record/Wins and Loses Threads, but heck I'm doing it anyways.

@Bills W (I'm not the only one who thinks the Bills might be looking at a good season, but I don't expect them to come exploding out of the gates, even at home. It might be a close one, but I think we pull this one off. Win by 1.)

Vs. Jets W (Their defense has improved, but I don't believe in their offense coming in to Indy and getting a pretty result. We win by at least 10+ points.)

@ Titans W (Perhaps more in development than any other team in our division, the Titans may find a handful of wins this year, but I think it comes more in the back end. We win by 13+ Points.)

Vs. Jags W (I like what the Jags are doing by giving Gus Bradley time to build this football team, I think last year showed some flashes of what he hopes to achieve. Their offense stalls here, though. We win by 13+ points)\

@ Texans W (Like the Bills game I expect a close one thanks to their defense, but ultimately I think we squeak away with a win due to their offense jus not getting it done. We win by 7 points or less.

Vs. Patriots L (After a pretty stellar start I think we get halted here by Pats. Finally it's a close game for 3 quarters before our offense stalls and the Pats pull away to win by 10+ points. Boooo)

Vs. Saints W (We'll want to spin it like a late rematch of our Superbowl loss and 2-14 season blowout loss, but the Saints will have few familiar faces playing a different way. Our D comes up big and we win by 7+ points.)

@ Panthers L (This is my trap game for this year. Pathers D was great two year ago, and was great at the end of last past season, and I think they manage to best us on their home turf. We lose by 10+ points.)

Vs. Broncos L (I'm gonna go out on bit of a limb and say the Broncos don't take much of a step back at all this year, but what didn't work in the playoffs seems to work this time around. We lose by 10+ points)

@ Falcons W (I think the Falcons get hot on offense this year, but get manhandled in this one as we come off two bitter loses. We get it done and big. We win by 14+ points.)

Vs. Buccaneers W (Their inevitable rookie QB could be winning them games by this time of year, but hopefully the team more prepared to win now is the victor. We win by 13+ points.)

@ Steelers W (Yikes! I hope we've already put up a lot of wins by this point in the season, but this match up is our late season difference maker to test our might down the stretch. Tense, but a good game. We win by a hair.)

@ Jags W (Our late season steamroller continues on here, as the promising Jags get decimated this week, overshadowing what might be an improved season. We win by 17+ points.)

Vs. Texans W (This might turn out to be a more important match up than we'd hope, but I think either way we come away with the win. Texans D can play well anywhere, but their offense can't win in Indy. Win by 7+ points.)

@ Dolphins W (We've had a decent run in with the dolphins in recent years, resulting in some fairly good games. I don't see this one as being too close though even with Suh. We win by 13+ points)

Vs. Titans (Whether this game has playoff implications or we're just playing it out, we win in a close one as our offense goes up early, and our backups hold off a late surge by Titans. We win by 6+ points.)

Results 12-4; Yay a slight improvement in record. However, our slightly improved record won't be as valuable as the fact that we only lose one game as an embarrassment (@Panthers), the rest are consistent. I think our middle stretch is a going to be a pain, but escape that and still have more wins than losses then I think we're definitely playoff bound again. Win

Disclaimer: I whipped this up quickly whilst sleepy so have mercy.

Peyton is getting washed up, there's no hype to that game anymore.

Glad it's no longer in prime time

Doubt you see this since I am probably on your block list but...

that is absolute nonsense.  First off, there will always be hype for a Manning vs. Indy game.  But more important if he maintains his current yards-per-game pace, Manning will break the passing yards record against the Colts.  There will be hype for that game.

Jets/Colts a primetime game? Thats... strange. 

I read in the MMQB column today that there are 19 prime time games this year that are re-matches from previous Super Bowls to celebrate the 50th Anniversary.  Also explains why Colts & Saints is prime time as well.

1. Atlanta Falcons

2. Indianapolis Colts

3. Houston Texans

4. Tampa Bay Bucs

5. New Orleans Saints

Yep, 2nd easiest schedule....I don't like this at all....it gives everyone a false sense of hope when all we do is play mediocre teams......sure we may go 12-4 or something better, but then we get to the playoffs and get our butts kicked by teams who have had to really compete during the season.  If we can beat the Patriots, Steelers, for starters and then I think if we beat the 2 teams who may be also very good this season, the Bills and Jets....then I will feel more confident going into the playoffs......For some reason I'm writing off the Broncos this year......just a feeling their heading toward a downward trend and have missed their opportunity to win it all over the last few years.

I read in the MMQB column today that there are 19 prime time games this year that are re-matches from previous Super Bowls to celebrate the 50th Anniversary.  Also explains why Colts & Saints is prime time as well.

Colts and Saints isn't a prime time game, its a 1:00.  However, I saw one of the Colts beat writers report the Super Bowl matchups are the reason for the Jets game being prime time.

Doubt you see this since I am probably on your block list but...

that is absolute nonsense.  First off, there will always be hype for a Manning vs. Indy game.  But more important if he maintains his current yards-per-game pace, Manning will break the passing yards record against the Colts.  There will be hype for that game.

Kinda glad you brought this up, jskinnz. "probably on your block list". Just some advice from an old f***. I read everything I can get my hands on. I know it's impossible to read everything, everyday. I have no one on any block lists whatsoever.

The blocks you put out just may have contained information that could change your opinion on anything, let alone a perspective(s) that could possibly change your life one day.

Knowledge is power.

I know I should probably save this for one of those inevitable: Predict the Record/Wins and Loses Threads, but heck I'm doing it anyways.

@Bills W (I'm not the only one who thinks the Bills might be looking at a good season, but I don't expect them to come exploding out of the gates, even at home. It might be a close one, but I think we pull this one off. Win by 1.)

Vs. Jets W (Their defense has improved, but I don't believe in their offense coming in to Indy and getting a pretty result. We win by at least 10+ points.)

@ Titans W (Perhaps more in development than any other team in our division, the Titans may find a handful of wins this year, but I think it comes more in the back end. We win by 13+ Points.)

Vs. Jags W (I like what the Jags are doing by giving Gus Bradley time to build this football team, I think last year showed some flashes of what he hopes to achieve. Their offense stalls here, though. We win by 13+ points)\

@ Texans W (Like the Bills game I expect a close one thanks to their defense, but ultimately I think we squeak away with a win due to their offense jus not getting it done. We win by 7 points or less.

Vs. Patriots L (After a pretty stellar start I think we get halted here by Pats. Finally it's a close game for 3 quarters before our offense stalls and the Pats pull away to win by 10+ points. Boooo)

Vs. Saints W (We'll want to spin it like a late rematch of our Superbowl loss and 2-14 season blowout loss, but the Saints will have few familiar faces playing a different way. Our D comes up big and we win by 7+ points.)

@ Panthers L (This is my trap game for this year. Pathers D was great two year ago, and was great at the end of last past season, and I think they manage to best us on their home turf. We lose by 10+ points.)

Vs. Broncos L (I'm gonna go out on bit of a limb and say the Broncos don't take much of a step back at all this year, but what didn't work in the playoffs seems to work this time around. We lose by 10+ points)

@ Falcons W (I think the Falcons get hot on offense this year, but get manhandled in this one as we come off two bitter loses. We get it done and big. We win by 14+ points.)

Vs. Buccaneers W (Their inevitable rookie QB could be winning them games by this time of year, but hopefully the team more prepared to win now is the victor. We win by 13+ points.)

@ Steelers W (Yikes! I hope we've already put up a lot of wins by this point in the season, but this match up is our late season difference maker to test our might down the stretch. Tense, but a good game. We win by a hair.)

@ Jags W (Our late season steamroller continues on here, as the promising Jags get decimated this week, overshadowing what might be an improved season. We win by 17+ points.)

Vs. Texans W (This might turn out to be a more important match up than we'd hope, but I think either way we come away with the win. Texans D can play well anywhere, but their offense can't win in Indy. Win by 7+ points.)

@ Dolphins W (We've had a decent run in with the dolphins in recent years, resulting in some fairly good games. I don't see this one as being too close though even with Suh. We win by 13+ points)

Vs. Titans (Whether this game has playoff implications or we're just playing it out, we win in a close one as our offense goes up early, and our backups hold off a late surge by Titans. We win by 6+ points.)

Results 12-4; Yay a slight improvement in record. However, our slightly improved record won't be as valuable as the fact that we only lose one game as an embarrassment (@Panthers), the rest are consistent. I think our middle stretch is a going to be a pain, but escape that and still have more wins than losses then I think we're definitely playoff bound again. Win

Disclaimer: I whipped this up quickly whilst sleepy so have mercy.

Looks pretty reasonable to me, but I hope we beat either the Pats or Broncos. And hopefully you're wrong about the Carolina game, I'll be at that one haha

Kinda glad you brought this up, jskinnz. "probably on your block list". Just some advice from an old f***. I read everything I can get my hands on. I know it's impossible to read everything, everyday. I have no one on any block lists whatsoever.

The blocks you put out just may have contained information that could change your opinion on anything, let alone a perspective(s) that could possibly change your life one day.

Knowledge is power.

Confused. I am not the person you should be telling this to.

I read in the MMQB column today that there are 19 prime time games this year that are re-matches from previous Super Bowls to celebrate the 50th Anniversary. Also explains why Colts & Saints is prime time as well.

Oh ok, that's makes more sense.

1. Atlanta Falcons

2. Indianapolis Colts

3. Houston Texans

4. Tampa Bay Bucs

5. New Orleans Saints

Pretty sure we were top 5 last year as well....luxuries of playing in our division.

The two games I wanted to travel for since I am not a local fan = Jets @ Colts and Colts @ Miami. Sunday games are much better for taking only one day off of work the next day vs. taking two for a MNF game. Then we are in Miami over Christmas week. I am thinking Broncos/Colts after making it to Indy for my first time ever last year for the Bengals shutout. Had the last row possible but by God I'll be back again. One of the best days of my life finally seeing a game at home.

Not when ur comes to their pass defense though. Gilmore is alright but they won't be able to cover our receivers. Johnson, Hilton, and Moncrief? I'd we keep Luck clean, there's no way he doesn't pass for 400 yards. Hell, it might not even matter if they do pressure him after what he did to the Giants and Steelers last season.

There is a lot to be confident about when it comes to the bills and your chances, focusing on your superiority in the passing game isn't one. 

Let's go through this point by point.

the bills pass defense last year:

3rd overall in pass yards allowed per game.  

1st in passing tds allowed per game

6th in interceptions

1st in percentage of first downs gained via the pass

1st in average qb rating

the wr matchups should be interesting, then you rolled out a 32 catch wr as the guy to be scared of, really?

hrm but you want to keep luck upright shouldn't be an issue!

WHAT?!?!? the bills led the nfl in sacks?  WHAT?!?!? 3 dl were named pro bowlers, with colts cast off jerry hughes not getting nearly enough credit.  Thanks for that by the way, how's kelvin sheppard doing?

but that 205 must mean that teams ran on buffalo like crazy, like the colts would do with superstar trent richardson and donald brown(assuming he's not concussed)

eh a pedestrian 11th in yards allowed per game, but again since indy can't run the ball and buffalo is above average at defending the run we'll call it a wash.  

but surely the bills couldn't handle a player the caliber of andrew luck, he's so good, better than any qb in the history of ever

aaron rodgers 17-42 185 0tds 2 ints.  

manning 14-20 173 0tds 2 ints

It'll be a fun game and if indy wins it won't be because luck ripped up what might be the best pass defense in the nfl it'll be because matt cassel is terrible and richie incognito bullied eric wood into submission.  

I hope the colts lose to buffalo and otherwise have a fine season!  Next time though try getting your fact straight and never bring moncrief into a discussion about anything unless you're comparing all of them.  Sidney was by far the best.  

You guys got it MADE.

Falcons and Colts got the easiest schedules this year. Both of them should win 12 games easily. 

I only see 3 potential games that would give the Colts problems, and they are all night games. 

This could be the year Indy runs the table for the first time since 2009. They could take the #1 seed or at least the #2 and get a bye week going into the playoffs at home. This team does not lose at home in the playoffs. 

I like the Colts chances this year for potentially reaching the SB. The only AFC teams I see giving them fits are Baltimore and New England, which they do handle Baltimore well at home, it's NE I would worry about. 

Not when ur comes to their pass defense though. Gilmore is alright but they won't be able to cover our receivers. Johnson, Hilton, and Moncrief? I'd we keep Luck clean, there's no way he doesn't pass for 400 yards. Hell, it might not even matter if they do pressure him after what he did to the Giants and Steelers last season.

Be that as it may...I doubt we just roll over them.  The Colts will likely have enough turnovers, protection problems and defensive lapses to keep the Bills in the game.  I think it will be a tough game....win or lose.

You guys got it MADE.

Falcons and Colts got the easiest schedules this year. Both of them should win 12 games easily. 

I only see 3 potential games that would give the Colts problems, and they are all night games. 

This could be the year Indy runs the table for the first time since 2009. They could take the #1 seed or at least the #2 and get a bye week going into the playoffs at home. This team does not lose at home in the playoffs. 

I like the Colts chances this year for potentially reaching the SB. The only AFC teams I see giving them fits are Baltimore and New England, which they do handle Baltimore well at home, it's NE I would worry about. 

Don't worry, we'll likely find a way to finish 11-5 yet again.  If we don't bring our A game, we are fully capable of losing to any of Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Steelers, and Broncos.  I also wouldn't put it past the Colts to somehow manage to drop a game against one team from the NFC South.   Any given Sunday.

Don't worry, we'll likely find a way to finish 11-5 yet again.  If we don't bring our A game, we are fully capable of losing to any of Bills, Dolphins, Patriots, Steelers, and Broncos.  I also wouldn't put it past the Colts to somehow manage to drop a game against one team from the NFC South.   Any given Sunday.

I'm sure the Colts will handle Denver as well as Buffalo and Miami.

I actually have them struggling against an NFC South team; Carolina. It's a night game for them, and the Panthers have made some improvements. They shouldn't have a problem with the Saints or the Falcons. 

No real complaints right now, looks pretty good.

A few thoughts:

1) Week 1 will be tougher then people think. I favor us, but maybe not by a lot right now. 

2) I am suprised we got early games for both the Saints and Falcons. Guess they wanted to hype up Luck vs. Newton more due to age.

3) December 6th at night in Pittsburgh in the winter is going to be IMO possibly the toughest game we have all season. 

4) Glad NE is in October. So we don't have to wait all year for this......lets get it over with either way early. And we will be healthier hopefully in October too.

5) Bye week after the Denver game works for me. It's usually an emotionally charged game so a break will be nice after it.

Yes to all that!

You guys got it MADE.

The only difference is the Falcons aren't that good!

I'm sure the Colts will handle Denver as well as Buffalo and Miami.

I actually have them struggling against an NFC South team; Carolina. It's a night game for them, and the Panthers have made some improvements. They shouldn't have a problem with the Saints or the Falcons. 

Agree on Carolina. Looks like a weird one to me for some reason. MNF on the road. We have had some sloppy games on MNF with Luck too vs. decent teams and I hope this changes. 

But, Carolina just feels iffy to me at the moment for us. Especially if they play a physical game.

Steelers.....not even going to go there. Glad it's not for a long long time.

NE I like having in October for some reason. I just have this feeling win or lose we will show up vs. them this year and look like a professional NFL team for once.

Be that as it may...I doubt we just roll over them.  The Colts will likely have enough turnovers, protection problems and defensive lapses to keep the Bills in the game.  I think it will be a tough game....win or lose.

I believe right now we win week 1. However, it might be one of those ugly "at least we managed to win" type of games. Like yeah might be one of those that makes fans go "I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS TEAM SUCKS SO BAD" even if we win.

Might be wrong though.

They did Buffalo no favors either by having them open up with the Colts and NE.