Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jets file tampering charges against the Patriots.

Dustin

If the Patriots did tamper why would it be silly? I was under the understanding the NFL has certain rules on those matters. If the Patriots did tamper they need to face the penalty just like any other team would.

Even if they did it will be swept under the rug or delayed long enough for everyone to forget about it. That's the nfl way when the pats are involved

Didn't the Patriots file tampering just a month or so ago?

They did back in December when Woody Johnson waxed poetic about wanting Revis to come back to NY. It was textbook tampering and Woody called Kraft to apologize. Most think the Pats will get a 5th or 6th round draft choice out of it. I am hoping for a swap of third rounders like what happened with Lance Briggs when the Niners tampered with him.

They did back in December when Woody Johnson waxed poetic about wanting Revis to come back to NY. It was textbook tampering and most think the Pats will get a 5th or 6th round draft choice out of it. I am hoping for a swap of third rounders like what happened with Lance Briggs when the Niners tampered with him.

What Woody did was nothing like what the 49ers did.

What Woody did was nothing like what the 49ers did.

We'll see as the league went to the Jets facility this month to investigate tampering with Revis given he signed with the Jets just hours after FA began. So there may be more to this than just Woody's comments. Also the fact that Revis signed with the Jets is a big part to this as well. I believe Briggs stayed with the Bears.

If the Patriots did tamper why would it be silly? I was under the understanding the NFL has certain rules on those matters. If the Patriots did tamper they need to face the penalty just like any other team would.

Why don't you do like. .. 10 seconds of research before you go on your little anti Patriot agenda... you lose so much credibility when you go off the rails and make comments like this

No I ment Kraft's comments that the Jets filed tampering charges over?

Oh. sorry about that. Here you go, http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-file-tampering-charges-pats-revis-comments-article-1.2161326

This was Kraft talking about the process the Pats went thru when neg. with Revis and how much he wanted to keep him. Of course the key being here that Kraft was talking about the past when Revis was still a Patriot and Woody talking in the future about wanting Revis to be a part of the Jets.

The Jets are just filing this because they are peeved that the Pats filed tampering charges when Woody had apologized to Kraft but honestly a draft pick is potentially at stake so of course the Pats would file.

Oh. sorry about that. Here you go, http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-file-tampering-charges-pats-revis-comments-article-1.2161326

This was Kraft talking about the process the Pats went thru when neg. with Revis and how much he wanted to keep him. Of course the key being here that Kraft was talking about the past when Revis was still a Patriot and Woody talking in the future about wanting Revis to be a part of the Jets.

The Jets are just filing this because they are peeved that the Pats filed tampering charges when Woody had apologized to Kraft but honestly a draft pick is potentially at stake so of course the Pats would file.

Didn't Kraft or Belichek talk about the Welker situation a while ago in pretty similar circumstances after Welker had signed with Bronco's.  I would have to agree there, I don't think it's tampering when talking about the past. 

What Woody did was certainly tampering though, and it could have affected Revis's decision to leave New England.

Didn't Kraft or Belichek talk about the Welker situation a while ago in pretty similar circumstances after Welker had signed with Bronco's.  I would have to agree there, I don't think it's tampering when talking about the past. 

What Woody did was certainly tampering though, and it could have affected Revis's decision to leave New England.

Yes. Kraft talked a lot about wanting to resign Welker. And that is the key it was in the past when Welker was a FA and neg. with the Pats. You can't talk future with a player that is textbook tampering.

Why don't you do like. .. 10 seconds of research before you go on your little anti Patriot agenda... you lose so much credibility when you go off the rails and make comments like this

Matter of fact I did research it. I also looked at what Woody said and it was no different than what Kraft said. It a silly charge when it comes to the Patriots but not the other way around? Both charges are horse dung. So you think the Patriots are above the rules?

So my comment was if the Patriots broke the rules they should face the same penalty as any other team and you call that anti Patriot and a rail? You are unreal. No matter what you think the Patriots are not above the rules and are not as clean as you wish them to be.

Yes. Kraft talked a lot about wanting to resign Welker. And that is the key it was in the past when Welker was a FA and neg. with the Pats. You can't talk future with a player that is textbook tampering.

If the league didn't punish Jerry Jones their not going to punish the jets or patriots

If the league didn't punish Jerry Jones their not going to punish the jets or patriots

That is a very good point. I did not think that was tampering either despite Jones talking to AP about possibly playing for Dallas in the future.

Both Pats and Jets tampering charges are silly.

The scuttle from the Jets tampering is that the Pats will get a 5th or 6th round draft choice. I am hopeful for more given other recent cases.

Did the Vikes file a tampering charge against the Cowboys? I was not aware of one.

The scuttle from the Jets tampering is that the Pats will get a 5th or 6th round draft choice. I am hopeful for more given other recent cases.

Did the Vikes file a tampering charge against the Cowboys? I was not aware of one.

I don't know, but the league said there wouldn't be a punishment handed down on it

I don't know, but the league said there wouldn't be a punishment handed down on it

If the Vikes did not file a tampering charge then nothing will probably happen but the Revis situation is different in that Woody made the comments back in Dec and then Revis signed with the Jets just a few hours after FA began with the league conducting an investigation of the Jets just last week ....

If the Vikes did not file a tampering charge then nothing will probably happen but the Revis situation is different in that Woody made the comments back in Dec and then Revis signed with the Jets just a few hours after FA began with the league conducting an investigation of the Jets just last week ....

Well he only singed that quickly because no one else is ridiculous enough to give him that much gurranteed

I think both chargers are silly and should be ignored, but if you want to compare them to make some point either for or against the Patriots, the situations ARE different. Just as am described, it is one thing to say 'this is what happened during the negotiations, we wish we could have signed him back we feel we made a good offer' after your player signed with another team...and totally another to say 'we love this guy, we want him and would welcome him with open arms' when he is currently signed to another team and you plan to make a push for him in a few months'. Again, the fact that Revis DID end signing with the Jets immediately doesn't do much to help their case, but it doesnt really matter what the result is...they got their guy.

I think both chargers are silly and should be ignored, but if you want to compare them to make some point either for or against the Patriots, the situations ARE different. Just as am described, it is one thing to say 'this is what happened during the negotiations, we wish we could have signed him back we feel we made a good offer' after your player signed with another team...and totally another to say 'we love this guy, we want him and would welcome him with open arms' when he is currently signed to another team and you plan to make a push for him in a few months'. Again, the fact that Revis DID end signing with the Jets immediately doesn't do much to help their case, but it doesnt really matter what the result is...they got their guy.

I agree. Both are silly and petty, but it's possible that Woody Johnson's comments influenced Revis' market (or his opinion of his potential market), and affected his negotiations with the Patriots. I'm of the opinion that Revis was going to free agency no matter what, and I thought that last year when he signed the tricky contract in the first place, so I think it's immaterial. But if either team tampered, it was the Jets, not the Pats.

Of course, this is a *-for-tat kind of thing between the two teams. It's not the first time either has accused the other of tampering. This back and forth goes back to at least the Deion Branch deal in 2006.

I agree. Both are silly and petty, but it's possible that Woody Johnson's comments influenced Revis' market (or his opinion of his potential market), and affected his negotiations with the Patriots. I'm of the opinion that Revis was going to free agency no matter what, and I thought that last year when he signed the tricky contract in the first place, so I think it's immaterial. But if either team tampered, it was the Jets, not the Pats.

Of course, this is a *-for-tat kind of thing between the two teams. It's not the first time either has accused the other of tampering. This back and forth goes back to at least the Deion Branch deal in 2006.

This goes back to 1999 and Parcells and Belichick and Belichick resigning his first day as the Jets HC to go to the Pats ...