Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Frank Gore and Andre Johnson heading to Indy (Report)

Dustin

Hmm Pierre Garcon is a UFA.......Wonder what his asking price is......Would be well worth the look to match him up with Luck with TY and Nicks and Moncrief assuming he makes the jump, He would come over here and likely be an instant 1000 yard receiver if he stays healthy, He is younger then Johnson.....Probably out of our price range though, He left on good terms and with Luck he might be persuaded to come back....Though I'd expect he wants to get PAID a hefty amount

Where are you seeing that Garcon was cut ?

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#position=WR

Hmm don't know why that says he is a FA, He is still listed on the Redskins webpage

Right now the major WR free agents are AJ, Dwayne Bowe, and Jeremy Maclin (though Maclin looks to be a Chief in all but the ink). Bowe could be an interesting pick up if AJ falls through, but Johnson is clearly the prize here at WR.

In light of the Patriots losing Revis and possibly Browner(Talib last season), it's important we get this done.  This is how the rivalry could possibly revert back in our favor, back to the pattern when we won 5 out of 6.  The Pats could potentially go from being able to lock us down completely, as they did in the AFC Championship, to having serious problems covering us.  For a variety of reasons, that's exactly what happened between 2004 and 2005 when the rivalry turned in our favor. 

In light of the Patriots losing Revis and possibly Browner(Talib last season), it's important we get this done. This is how the rivalry could possibly revert back in our favor, back to the pattern when we won 5 out of 6. The Pats could potentially go from being able to lock us down completely, as they did in the AFC Championship, to having serious problems covering us. For a variety of reasons, that's exactly what happened between 2004 and 2005 when the rivalry turned in our favor.

I agree

Can someone tell me why this is going wrong. AJ want to be on a contender, so he doesn't even care about how much money he gets. The colts have a lot of cap space anyway. Luck is the best young QB in the league. He would be at least the #2WR on the team, and this is the easiest division in the NFL, so why is Grigson messing this up? Please somebody cool me down.

Edited - :edit:

1.  Mike Chappell retweeted

Sources say DeMarco Murray's preference was to join the #Colts. Will be interesting to look back as the years go on. Gore vs Murray.

0 replies47 retweets20 favorites
     Retweet47
     Favorite20
    More

And I would still take Gore... 8-10M for Murray...? He can keep it movin'...

Crickets....

Trying to hold firm in the old saying no news is good news is getting harder

In this case it's not.  He's been in Indy since yesterday.  If they don't have him signed on the dotted line by now then at the very least negotiations are going bad and there is a good chance he's looking elsewhere.

In this case it's not.  He's been in Indy since yesterday.  If they don't have him signed on the dotted line by now then at the very least negotiations are going bad and there is a good chance he's looking elsewhere.

I agree; he's been in Indy a while I guess. Gore was 1,2,3 compared to this.

He had his physical before the negotiations started. What if something popped up that is effecting the deal?

In this case it's not. He's been in Indy since yesterday. If they don't have him signed on the dotted line by now then at the very least negotiations are going bad and there is a good chance he's looking elsewhere.

Very possible. Could just be something where he likes our offer but wants to see what other offers are out there.

I agree; he's been in Indy a while I guess. Gore was 1,2,3 compared to this.

I think Gore just had his Eagles offer in hand and just told Grigs to match it.

With Johnson there was going to be more back and forth.  But it has been going on for a while.