Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL poll: Who's the biggest challenger to the Patriots in 2015?

ReMeDy

As of 2/8/15 @ 6:08pm EST, out of 176578 votes, the poll looks like:

26% Seahawks
29% Packers
13% Cowboys
4% Colts
28% Other

I just find it funny NFL.com put the Colts on there at all. The guy who does those polls has a real sense of humor. I went ahead and voted for the Colts anyways for the lulz.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A healthy Aaron Rodgers brings the Packers back into the mix.   I think Denver, if Peyton returns.  Maybe Seattle.

Baltimore will be a challenge for them.  I think Indy has the capability and even the talent but their O and D schemes are so disorganized that they do not have an identity and play far too inconsistent.  Games like NE, Pitt, and Dallas are examples.   

Let's be honest. The patriots didn't deserve to win that game. We all saw it. The better team lost on a freakish bonehead play. This thread should be who is the biggest threat to seattle. Patriots won't even make the AFCCG next year.

Let's be honest. The patriots didn't deserve to win that game. We all saw it. The better team lost on a freakish bonehead play. This thread should be who is the biggest threat to seattle. Patriots won't even make the AFCCG next year.

Are you serious? The Patriots came back vs 10 against Seattle. 

The team who's defense was ranked #1 in the league and gave up 4 TD's to Tom Brady and couldn't stop him, that's who deserved to lose. If it weren't for that miraculous circus catch that put Seattle down there at goal line, they wouldn't have even been there. And if they win, Brady gets blamed for the loss even though he played his butt off. 

If Wilson don't get picked off, everyone would have been calling that play a genius move. 

They've been in the AFCCG every year now since 2011. 

Who will be a threat to them is going to be Buffalo or Baltimore.

The patriots have issues with the Ravens. Always have. As for Buffalo, Rex has made it his duty that he wants to beat them really really bad. He's like that mythical detective that turns his entire life into an obsession with a case. 

They will have no problem with Denver, just look at the last time they played them. The Colts match up very poorly vs them, so that's no question.

I don't think Seattle or Green Bay will recover from this year. This has to really hurt the Packers more, cause they deserved to be in that Super Bowl far more than Seattle who needed a total meltdown to get there. The NFC could become very unpredictable next year. 

The patriots have issues with the Ravens. Always have. As for Buffalo, Rex has made it his duty that he wants to beat them really really bad. He's like that mythical detective that turns his entire life into an obsession with a case. 

They will have no problem with Denver, just look at the last time they played them. The Colts match up very poorly vs them, so that's no question.

I don't think Seattle or Green Bay will recover from this year. This has to really hurt the Packers more, cause they deserved to be in that Super Bowl far more than Seattle who needed a total meltdown to get there. The NFC could become very unpredictable next year. 

Or Sydney's obsession with the Maltese Falcon. It's a fake!

The colts currently have the secondary to beat the Pats. The problem is that they havent been able to slow down NEs running scheme. Once that is finally slowed down then the Colts will be much more competitive.

Brady threw for 226 yards, 3 TDs, and a 100.4 passer rating versus the Colts secondary. He did better against the Ravens in terms of yards and averages, but I still think the Ravens are the only ones that could realistically challenge New England next year. That could change after the Draft and free agency, though.

Brady threw for 226 yards, 3 TDs, and a 100.4 passer rating versus the Colts secondary. He did better against the Ravens in terms of yards and averages, but I still think the Ravens are the only ones that could realistically challenge New England next year. That could change after the Draft and free agency, though.

yeah who knows- could be the Texans..................

yeah who knows- could be the Texans..................

I like the sound of that...we'd have to add another two or three pieces to the defense and of course QB needs to be addressed...but if Mallett can play up to his potential I think you're right. Don't want to get my hopes too high up though haha

Honestly I think its injuries....injuries at the wrong position whether qb, te, cb is the most likely cause for derailing them. To me if they re-sign their guys and stay healthy they are my favorite to win again....they were my favorite last offseason too. That said I think Seattle and Green Bay would be the most likely to play against them and in the AFC its too early to say...Colts or Baltimore depending on how the offseason shapes up.

BAL is always a tough matchup for NE and can beat them head to head. A threat at being a higher seed, though? Eh...I don't see it.

As for Buffalo.......who is their QB again? I can see them maybe getting a wild card but not an actual threat. BUF is a well rounded team with no QB, NE is a well rounded team with a GREAT QB and better coach.

As of 2/8/15 @ 6:08pm EST, out of 176578 votes, the poll looks like:

26% Seahawks

29% Packers

13% Cowboys

4% Colts

28% Other

I just find it funny NFL.com put the Colts on there at all. The guy who does those polls has a real sense of humor. I went ahead and voted for the Colts anyways for the lulz.

The most "interesting" thing about that list is that the Broncos aren't on it!  But, that's probably correct.  The Donkeys are gonna have big issues with FA's, they're going to be transitioning to a new HC, Welker might retire (and should if he's concerned about having his mental faculties intact when he's 50) and it's actually a fair question to ask whether they'll be better or worse off if Peyton returns.  He threw up air ball after air ball in the Division Game, but the lure of breaking a couple of Favre's records will probably be too much for him to resist...and $19 million plus a boatload of endorsement income for one more year is not to be ignored.  Problem is the fans could turn on him if he's putting up stats with short passes but they're not winning big games in November and December and he's pretty well demonstrated that he rarely wins big games in January (one and done nine times is not a diss on Peyton, it's just stating a fact).

The most "wrong" thing about that list is that the Ravens aren't on it.  They have the Patriots' number in January.

While none of their opponents in the AFC East should be ready to challenge them for the Division title next year, only a fool wouldn't put BUF, MIA and the NYJ down for combining to win two of the six games they collectively play against the Pats.  That means New England can probably only afford to lose two of their other ten games if they're going to get a Bye and have a shot at the Number One seed.

So, a lot is ignored in that poll.

Don't you think the 'better' team got in the red zone on a 'freakish' play?  Their offense was a bunch of hail marys.  

I really think that Seahawks team is going to melt. You have to have a better passing game than what they showed me. Those WR's are mediocre, and between the GB game and the Super Bowl I thought Wilson got exposed. When you play disciplined, contain defense and force him to go through his reads, he's not going to beat you. He throws a good deep ball I guess, and they connected on enough of them to keep them in the Super Bowl, but I just don't think they can rely on that. If the Cardinals get settled at QB next year, that's the team I watch out for in the NFC.

To tell the truth, I think the colts, packers, or patriots are the biggest threats

Not with our "defense" unless they pull a 2006 and show up for a 3-4 game stretch. 

Vontae Davis is basically a one man army out there. Mathis being back (barring another training camp heartbreaker) should help a bit, but the D is still a long way away. Let's see how the draft goes.

He got caught with his pants down on the 4 linemen formations and looked like a pop-warner coach going up against Lombardi.

Oh please. So much sensationalism.

The problem I had with the defensive coaching was how they covered (or didn't cover) the short passes to the outside in the fourth quarter. They gave up huge cushions over and over again, and Brady took the smoke route over and over again, leading to a bunch of poor tackling. They should have played more aggressively and forced Brady to connect with his receivers down the field. That's where they really blew the game.