Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL poll: Who's the biggest challenger to the Patriots in 2015?

ReMeDy

You had the healthier team. You should have won by more than four. Flacco had to take every chance he could, to get points, to cover for that secondary. The last play was a chance too far, but even if the Ravens got that last TD, I think Brady would have brought them back with 1:30 left , and two timeouts. We were lucky we got that far with that secondary. I have reservations about whether we would have beaten the Colts or Seahawks with that patched secondary , so while I except the loss, I'm just making conversation about what may have happened with Smith. Brady and Belichick did the smart move going after the weakness. I would have done the same.

After watching Brady carve up the Hawks secondary, I am very confident his night vs the Ravens would not have been impacted much with Smith out there. Brady's three game run this post-season was impeccable. 10 TDs, 135 attempts with 68 percent completion rate including a 74 percent completion against the Legion of Boom. The man was simply on a mission this post-season.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching Brady carve up the Hawks secondary, I am very confident his night vs the Ravens would have been impacted much with Smith out there. Brady's three game run this post-season was impeccable. 10 TDs, 135 attempts with 68 percent completion rate including a 74 percent completion against the Legion of Boom. The man was simply on a mission this post-season.

You mean while carving up Simon?

Didn't that Ravens team lost Ray Lewis, Cary Williams, Corey graham, and Ed reed and got worst as the pats displayed the difference last year in Baltimore?

That was the 8-8 rebuild year , when we got drilled 41-7. This year's Ravens team was very good, but those secondary injuries did them in. I was shocked they even got in the playoffs, further stunned they won at Pittsburgh, and also shocked they had two 14 point leads against the Patriots. What didn't shock me was that any top quarterback like Brady or Luck, would run roughshod over our secondary.

That was the 8-8 rebuild year , when we got drilled 41-7. This year's Ravens team was very good, but those secondary injuries did them in. I was shocked they even got in the playoffs, further stunned they won at Pittsburgh, and also shocked they had two 14 point leads against the Patriots. What didn't shock me was that any top quarterback like Brady or Luck, would run roughshod over our secondary.

Your defense is like the lions. Mosley, Upshaw, Suggs. haloti, Canty, McPhee, Smith, Dumervil. Good run defense. Stout. But.... secondary?

After watching Brady carve up the Hawks secondary, I am very confident his night vs the Ravens would not have been impacted much with Smith out there. Brady's three game run this post-season was impeccable. 10 TDs, 135 attempts with 68 percent completion rate including a 74 percent completion against the Legion of Boom. The man was simply on a mission this post-season.

The legion of boom lost guys, but again , injuries intervened when the Seahawks CB Lynch ?, went out with an injury after intercepting Tommy. Brady then went after another back up, and toasted him. Again, not taking anything away from him, but the Patriots had a lot of luck going their way with other team's secondary injuries.

Your defense is like the lions. Mosley, Upshaw, Suggs. haloti, Canty, McPhee, Smith, Dumervil. Good run defense. Stout. But.... secondary?

Had we had Smith, and Webb fully healthy, that is two good corners . Just not a lot of depth. Lost Graham and Williams to free agency, then just catastrophic number of injuries. If this area is not addressed, expect the same for the Ravens. Their offensive and defensive lines are very good. Need a WR, TE, and RB.

The legion of boom lost guys, but again , injuries intervened when the Seahawks CB Lynch ?, went out with an injury after intercepting Tommy. Brady then went after another back up, and toasted him. Again, not taking anything away from him, but the Patriots had a lot of luck going their way with other team's secondary injuries.

Lane is their third DB. If you want to use the injury card, go ahead but Brady took down the best defense in the league the last two years with a 10 point comeback in the fourth quarter similar to what he did to the Ravens down 14. Like I said, the man was on a mission and took on all comers and vanquished them all.

Lane is their third DB. If you want to use the injury card, go ahead but Brady took down the best defense in the league the last two years with a 10 point comeback in the fourth quarter similar to what he did to the Ravens down 14. Like I said, the man was on a mission and took on all comers and vanquished them all.

Na. He tooked down Simon and Wright.

Na. He tooked down Simon and Wright.

How come Rodgers didn't just do that then? He didn't even throw at Sherman when he had injured his elbow and was clearly laboring. Or any other SB winning QB that the Hawks had beaten the last two years? Seems simple yet only Brady executed it.

How come Rodgers didn't just do that then? Or any other SB winning QB that the Hawks had beaten the last two years? Seems simple yet only Brady executed it.

Lane and Arvil was there in Seattle. Plus Seattle has that 11-0 record vs Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Peyton(exception in superbowl) in Seattle. In Green Bay, New England, new orleans, Denver, could be different.

I'm not taking away from your victory, they did what they had to do. I'm just saying everything fell in line for Brady and the Patriots against depleted secondaries. He went after the weaknesses , no doubt. You need a little luck, along with skill to win the SB, and the Patriots got the breaks. The Legion of Boom was banged up, and not the defense they were the year before. Lane had just picked off Brady, was injured, and the back up was toasted. Finally, it took the worst SB call of all time for the Patriots to finally win. They got every break imaginable, but maybe it evened out the Tyree catch and 18-1.

I'm not taking away from your victory, they did what they had to do. I'm just saying everything fell in line for Brady and the Patriots against depleted secondaries. He went after the weaknesses , no doubt. You need a little luck, along with skill to win the SB, and the Patriots got the breaks. The Legion of Boom was banged up, and not the defense they were the year before. Lane had just picked off Brady, was injured, and the back up was toasted. Finally, it took the worst SB call of all time for the Patriots to finally win. They got every break imaginable, but maybe it evened out the Tyree catch and 18-1.

I suppose you can look at it that way as the Ravens in 2012 probably had even more luck with Moore's brain fart that allowed you to beat Denver, Gronk being injured for the AFCCG in Foxboro and then Harbaugh pulling a Carroll three times over by passing inside the five yard line 3 times when he had Gore and/or Kaep to run it in.

I suppose you can look at it that way as the Ravens in 2012 probably had even more luck with Moore's brain fart that allowed you to beat Denver, Gronk being injured for the AFCCG in Foxboro and then Harbaugh pulling a Carroll three times over by passing inside the five yard line 3 times when he had Gore and/or Kaep to run it in.

Since you look at the Denver game that way, Peyton throw a late int to end the game.

SF shouldn't even be in that position since the lights go out to kill all momentum.

Yep we did luck out with injuries by season end. Not so good in the middle but when it counted in the end we we're pretty up to snuff.

I think the biggest thing NE had going for them was team chemistry. That just happens- can't buy it.  I think they also really did believe they could win games when down- which is part of that chemistry.

Even Brady on the sidelines telling Josh we gotta make a play at the end. I thought huh- that's a 1% likelihood. oops they did :)

Like I said, luck and being healthier than the other teams , help you win Super Bowls. Harbaugh's calls were stupid, but you have to admit Carroll's will go down as the worse ever.

Yep we did luck out with injuries by season end. Not so good in the middle but when it counted in the end we we're pretty up to snuff.

I think the biggest thing NE had going for them was team chemistry. That just happens- can't buy it. I think they also really did believe they could win games when down- which is part of that chemistry.

Even Brady on the sidelines telling Josh we gotta make a play at the end. I thought huh- that's a 1% likelihood. oops they did :)

Yes, I agree the chemistry was very good. The Patriots didn't have the best secondary either in recent years. Belichick was sharp picking up Revis and Browner. We just need one of those type of guys to go with Smith, and have Webb as the third CB . The other weakness is we need harder hitting safeties like Pollard and Reed, which is really lacking now. The Patriots fixed their secondary issues, and you have to have a good one in a pass centric league.

Like I said, luck and being healthier than the other teams , help you win Super Bowls. Harbaugh's calls were stupid, but you have to admit Carroll's will go down as the worse ever.

Yes, health for sure and Brady's market extension which helped us sign Revis, LaFell and Browner all key contributors. The Pats were the best team in football from week 5 on so while there was some luck, they made their own destiny in the end.

Yes, Carroll's will go down as the worst ever. Just no explanation for that. None. But Pats still had to make the play for the win and did.

Flacco played great going 28 for 45, 292 yards and 4 TD's and 2 Int's. Brady was 33 for 50, for 367 yards, with 3 TD's and 1 Int. Pretty even to me, but it's clear Flacco had the harder way to go against a pretty healthy Patriots D. If the Raven's secondary wasn't a wreck, why did the Patriots rush only 13 times for 14 yards ?

They didnt run the ball because you had Ngata back from his roid suspension and the defense was completely shutting the run down.

You mean while carving up Simon?

Wow you know you're reaching pretty desperately when you start knocking Brady and trying to diminish his accomplishments because the Seahawks THIRD CB on the depth chart was injured...

lol

No respect.. what Brady accomplished this post season was legendary.

Ridiculous

No, a Tyree type miracle catch can be credited to the Seahawks for that nonsense catch up the sideline from Kearse that bobbled like 12 times and landed in his lap..    The Seahawks were lucky to even be down there at the goal line for a chance to win, and then Malcolm Butler made an amazing play to TAKE the game from them.

They didnt run the ball because you had Ngata back from his roid suspension and the defense was completely shutting the run down.

I'm sure Belichick watched the Ravens- Chargers game when SD didn't even try to run and Rivers carved up their secondary. Brady played well, but it wasn't legendary, as he beat up on two banged up secondaries.

Yes, health for sure and Brady's market extension which helped us sign Revis, LaFell and Browner all key contributors. The Pats were the best team in football from week 5 on so while there was some luck, they made their own destiny in the end.

Yes, Carroll's will go down as the worst ever. Just no explanation for that. None. But Pats still had to make the play for the win and did.

Their destiny was pretty much stamped out until Carroll gift wrapped them one on the half yard line.

Ridiculous

No, a Tyree type miracle catch can be credited to the Seahawks for that nonsense catch up the sideline from Kearse that bobbled like 12 times and landed in his lap.. The Seahawks were lucky to even be down there at the goal line for a chance to win, and then Malcolm Butler made an amazing play to TAKE the game from them.

No, Carroll blew the game.

Wow you know you're reaching pretty desperately when you start knocking Brady and trying to diminish his accomplishments because the Seahawks THIRD CB on the depth chart was injured...

lol

No respect.. what Brady accomplished this post season was legendary.

No. Lane is a good slot corner. And wright is actually a good line backer.

Well it's obvious to point out what Brady did the obvious is carving up Simon and Wright while getting Sherman, Thomas, Kam, Maxwell tired to pinpoint their weakness. That's what he did in the superbowl.

Edit: Oh yeah btw, look at my name. SouthernCal = Los Angeles = hate all Boston and Bay Area teams. So yeah I can diminish it because **** Boston lol. If Brady was doing the same thing for chicago, I wouldn't be saying anything lol.

No. Lane is a good slot corner. And wright is actually a good line backer.

Well it's obvious to point out what Brady did the obvious is carving up Simon and Wright while getting Sherman, Thomas, Kam, Maxwell tired to pinpoint their weakness. That's what he did in the superbowl.

Edit: Oh yeah btw, look at my name. SouthernCal = Los Angeles = hate all Boston and Bay Area teams. So yeah I can diminish it because **** Boston lol. If Brady was doing the same thing for chicago, I wouldn't be saying anything lol.

Brady spread the ball around to everyone. His four TDs were to four different receivers. He took advantage of undisciplined zones, pass rushers who flew by him as he stepped up in the pocket aand continually found the open guy all game long no matter who was covering. He was methodical, surgeon-like and made the legion of boom look like the legion of bust.

Brady spread the ball around to everyone. His four TDs were to four different receivers. He took advantage of undisciplined zones, pass rushers who flew by him as he stepped up in the pocket aand continually found the open guy all game long no matter who was covering. He was methodical, surgeon-like and made the legion of boom look like the legion of bust.

I just said that.......... You said it better but I just said that.