Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL poll: Who's the biggest challenger to the Patriots in 2015?

ReMeDy

Yes, I never denied some luck. Don't forget the three fumbles in the Ravens game that the Pats recovered. Lucky bounces there for sure. But Brady did those comebacks without a run game that is what makes it so special IMO. The Ravens and Hawks knew he would be passing as he did even play action much. He just stood in the shotgun and picked them apart to the tune of 50 attempts. He is the only SB QB to have that many attempts and win the game. That is how rare it is for a QB to put a team on his back like that and not only throw but complete them and win. I will he honest. I did not think he had three of those type of performances left in him at this stage. I do wonder if Jimmy sitting behind him upped the ante this year and made him even more focused.

It was truly special, and comes around full circle from their early 2000's wins where people credited the defense.

Brady carried the full weight of that team on his shoulders through incredible adversity and sealed it with a historic 4th quarter comeback in the SB against the best defense the NFL has had to offer over the last 3 years.

Last year, with the injuries they sustained, was also incredibly remarkable to even have his team in the AFCCG against the Broncos with nobody on offense to speak of other than Edelman, and a defense that was starting 6 rookies

There is nothing anyone can say about Brady now. You don't have to kiss his feet and proclaim him to be the greatest ever (even though he is :)) but you HAVE to respect him as one of the great competitors and players this game has had

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I absolutely respect your opinion on it, I just happen to disagree. Under those circumstances, in front of a crowd that heavily favored the other team, against the NFL's best defense over the past few years, in a spot where no team in Super Bowl history had ever staged a comeback... I don't know, to me that defines the word "legendary."

How about dang good comeback ! Lol

Lots of coaches disagree with you and when I get home to my computer I'll pull the stats of a bunch of qbs this year at the 1 yard line passing the football

The numbers speak for themselves, with extremely high percentages of touchdown throws and not a SINGLE interception.

In order to get 4 plays worth out of that set of downs, they HAD to pass at least once, and statistically it was a very safe play that also had a very, very high success rate.

But whatever, I can recognize it for what it actually was and that's a young kid making an unbelievable, game winning play to seal the victory.

It evens out anyways, because the Pats would have been 5-0 in SBs if not for miracle plays that were gift wrapped to the giants, TWICE

Well that probably true. You guys did get some horrible breaks in those Giants games, but you also got one on the Tuck !

Here's the statistical data to back up why the play call was not a dumb decision like all of the crystal ball/hindsight is 20/20'ers

In 2014, 59% of passes from the 1 yard line ended in a TD.

Andrew Luck and backup Matt Hasselbeck scored TD's on each of their 7 passes at the 1 yard line in 2014.
Next closest were Rivers (4/4), Carr (5/6), and Brady (4/5). Peyton (2/5), Eli (4/7), and Rodgers (5/10). Wilson was perfect (1/1)

Nobody had thrown an interception from the 1 yard line... until the end of the last drive of the Super Bowl.

So statistically, not only was it a very safe play, it was also a very high likelihood of success.  But hey, don't let facts get in the way of trying to take a great moment from a young kid that made the play of a lifetime and took the game from the Seahawks.. just keep believing that they "handed it" to the Patriots lol

Can't wait to see what the 4th ring looks like!

But not Unitas

Unitas is in his own separate category of great. Did you watch the NFL Network Football Life on Joe Namath? Curious to your thoughts on it. They have a large section on 1969 and the guarantee. Was wondering if your remembrance of that time was similar to what they reported. The whole program was riveting. Have to give it to Joe. He had unbelievable flair for his time.

Unitas is in his own separate category of great. Did you watch the NFL Network Football Life on Joe Namath? Curious to your thoughts on it. They have a large section on 1969 and the guarantee. Was wondering if your remembrance of that time was similar to what they reported. The whole program was riveting. Have to give it to Joe. He had unbelievable flair for his time.

Worse loss in Baltimore sports history, bar none.

I just miss being a Super Bowl winner !

I forgot just how great this feeling is. Seems strange given we had won 3 in the early '00s but this one seems so much sweeter. The good feeling just keeps going and going. I have been buying every commemorative magazine I can get my hands on. My kids think I have lost my mind and they are right. lol.

I forgot just how great this feeling is. Seems strange given we had won 3 in the early '00s but this one seems so much sweeter. The good feeling just keeps going and going. I have been buying every commemorative magazine I can get my hands on. My kids think I have lost my mind and they are right. lol.

I did the same thing in 2012. It was a long time since 2000, and an even longer time since 1970. I was hoping the Orioles would do it last year, but they fell short. It just shows you how hard it is to win.

I did the same thing in 2012. It was a long time since 2000, and an even longer time since 1970. I was hoping the Orioles would do it last year, but they fell short. It just shows you how hard it is to win.

Yah its fun to buy the commemorative stuff.  Glad that Baltimore got a victory so recently.

And you guys had two close together with the '70 Orioles and '70 Colts. :thmup:

Hey I bet you can still remember the four 20 game winners on the '71 Orioles :)  . . . I can only every get two of them . . .

As a side note, as much as corporate names are neat I still yearn for names of local places or names like Municipal or Memorial for stadiums.   I am sure you must have some fond memories of Memorial Stadium.

Yes, it is hard to win. We have 9 championships among our four sports teams since 2002. It has been an unbelievable run for our franchises although all of them except for the Pats have come back to earth. The Bruins have fallen apart, the Celts are still trying to find their way after trading Pierce and Garnett and the Red Sox are trying not to finish in last again although there is some optimism there for this season. I am not digging this GM but after you win the World Series in year one, you basically have a blank check to do what you want for a few years.

Yah its fun to buy the commemorative stuff. Glad that Baltimore got a victory so recently.

And you guys had two close together with the '70 Orioles and '70 Colts. :thmup:

Hey I bet you can still remember the four 20 game winners on the '71 Orioles :) . . . I can only every get two of them . . .

As a side note, as much as corporate names are neat I still yearn for names of local places or names like Municipal or Memorial for stadiums. I am sure you must have some fond memories of Memorial Stadium.

Definitely. Memorial Stadium had many memories. I have all four 20 game winners autographs. I recently talked to Jim Palmer at Orioles Fan Fest. It's a shame McNally, Dobson, and Cuellar have passed away. Where did the time go ?

Yes, it is hard to win. We have 9 championships among our four sports teams since 2002. It has been an unbelievable run for our franchises although all of them except for the Pats have come back to earth. The Bruins have fallen apart, the Celts are still trying to find their way after trading Pierce and Garnett and the Red Sox are trying not to finish in last again although there is some optimism there for this season. I am not digging this GM but after you win the World Series in year one, you basically have a blank check to do what you want for a few years.

The Orioles seem to be doing better with an ex- Red Sox GM, and an ex- Yankee as a manager. I wasn't happy with the free agency activity with the Orioles, and I really didn't like Ducquette *- footing around with the Blue Jays.