Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Reason You Hate the Patriots is Because they Win.

ViriLudant

I'm a huge Boston sports fan; I love the Celtics and enjoy watching the Bruins and Red Sox but I agree that the Patriots and their fans are intolerable. They come across super pretentious and the players appear arrogant.

No one is upset that the Patriots win. People hate how they think they're amazing and the fans feel entitled. The biggest problem is the fans think they're owed something and fail to realize that their franchise was entirely worthless for the majority of the time they've existed. I would go so far as to say that most Patriot fans can't name any players from before their 2001 Super Bowl win. In five years when Brady has retired and Belichick has left, most of these fans will go support some other team (probably the Seahawks since they're cheaters with an overrated quarterback, like the Patriots now).

quoted the wrong post. Ps, Brady isn't overrated. Dude is good. Just might end up having lied flat out to his entire fanbase.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great, only it isn't true.

Also, Jay Glazer showed that the lining up of players/coaches to attempt to interfere with a gunner on punt coverage was first done not by the Jets but by..............................you guessed it the Patriots.

I didn't even hate the Patriots. I'm starting to. Their fans can be absolutely insufferable, on the level of Lakers fans, which is ironic because Boston area fans typically hate Lakers fans for the same reasons I do, yet they are turning into them.

I didn't hate Tom Brady, but his "sour grapes" comment and transparently dishonest presser had a severely negative impact on my opinion of him.

I didn't hate Bill Belichick, and have even defended him against the zealotry of Spygate theorists. He's a brilliant coach and strategist, yet, my opinion of him has taken a hit.

All of this has nothing to do with the Patriots "winning." In fact, it's been ten years since they actually won a Super Bowl. I don't hate winners. I was mostly glad for the Patriots in 2001, and their fans. They knocked off the Colts in 2003 and 2004, so I wasn't quite as supportive then, but did I hate them? No.

I don't even hate the smugness of guys like Bruschi and Harrison and the other former Patriots. I just stroll right past it, because it doesn't matter.

But this thread here illustrates why the Patriots and their fans have engendered so much ill will, especially among fans of would-be rivals. The arrogance, the absolute gall that it takes to post this drivel here. On the home forum of a team whose fans have graciously and endlessly hosted Patriots fans for years. A site where the moderators spend about as much time sticking up for Pats fans as we do moderating issues between Colts fans. How ungrateful! How absolutely oblivious and out of bounds this is...

You and your article have ruined Patriots fans for me, officially. Congratulations.

and to then turn around and play the victim card. It's as if they think that the NFL is running a grants conspiracy against them. not all of them, there are again for Patriot fans who have been fairly reasonable doubt this so I try to return the reasonableness, if you will.

what makes it so intolerable in my mind is when you try to talk like a human being about it as you say they are just dismissive, condescending, or both.

WRONG!

Dislike them because of the Brady / Manning debate which was entirely baseless!

Dislike them because Brady gets all the credit for winning 3 SBs when it was  the TEAM who won those SB's.

Dislike them because they are not concerned with fair play in a competitive sport - to the point that they are willing to cheat over and over again!

Has nothing at all to do with them being winners - as in my book; cheaters are never winners!

The article just echoes the same boring, tired argument that Patriot fans use to justify the cheating.  The reality is that I (and most fans) admired the Pats until we found out they cheated to do it.  Now, it's kind of like the valedictorian being caught in a cheating scandal after giving his or her speach.  All the runners-up would feel pretty bitter and wonder if they could have been valedictorian without that cheating.  That's what you're getting with all the Patriot cheating scandals.  The years that the Colts lost to the Pats in the Playoffs...would the Colts have gone to the SB if the Pats hadn't cheated?  That's why people hate the Pats.

Off topic: What was up with Brady's hair on Media Day? Did Tommy just wake up or did a critter make a nest on his head? I can't believe that untidy look qualifies as suave & sophisticated. I'm seen homeless people with better hair than that mess man. Yikes! Bad hair day= Wear a team hat.    

It's the vogue thing to do these days I guess.... :scratch:   I know all the grade school kids around here are going through this phase  ;)

ap_super_bowl_football_70366336.jpg?w=10

For those basing their 'dislike' for the Patriots on the fans who frequent this forum, then I do have to ask, do you hate the Colts as well? I think we all know we have some 'tasty' Colts fans who post on here very regularly indeed.

Just trying to be Devil's Advocate....

...and trying to protect JJ and GoPats, who are always fair, open, and up for some friendly baiting!

Because if they didn't cheat to win, then we'd hate them all the same.

How come nobody hates the Packers? Or the Broncos? Or the 49ers when they were doing well?

Excellent point. Why don't more people hate these teams for constantly winning. Oh but that wouldn't help his argument to make everyone else seem ridiculous.

But why does it matter if I hate them for being good and beating my team, if you're supposed to like only teams that week then only a fraction of the league would have fans each year and everybody would be jumping from team to team year to year. But they doesn't seem as ridiculous as hating a team for being good. What an *. Cause I'm supposed to love when a team beats mine and just fall all over myself to become their fan.

Nothing else to say? Really? That's the dumbest comment I've seen in awhile. The article points out individual actions during spur of the moment times. Not pre planned cheating as done by the Patriots. I never really had as much of a problem with them till after their spygate stuff, oh and most of their fans being complete pukes about it. I actually dislike most pats fans more than I do the pats themselves, only because of the way they try to argue and excuse everything. But then again is more than just pats fans I dislike for doing that, so it's not all pats fans, just some.

I do not hate anyone or any organization.  I must say, however I vastly dislike the Patriots as well as this OP.  Someone who appears to actually have some football knowledge but absolutely no common sense is allowed to post a Colts 'baiting' thread.   :hairout:

I feel it is time to get rid of the  :brady:  :flyingelvis:  :manning: emoticons and get with 2014 and on to 2015.  This season is over for both the Colts and the Patriots.  Both teams have already lost.  To me, the Patriots are THE LOSERs.

As for Peyton, we still love you, but you are on the Broncos now!!  :) 

You are all proving the writer's point .

Thanks.

None of you talked about the Panthers "cheating" when it came to their inflation issues. Or the Vikings.

Because they don't win.

uhh, it wasn't mentioned in the article nor are you accurately stating what happened. It's not analogous, but nice strawman.

--It's fine to have love for the Patriots. Just remember to not rub peoples noses in your success or at least don't be surprised when another team kicks your caboose once in awhile evoking no sympathy from 31 other organizations. Just like celebrities & falling stars, eventually we all go supernova, explode, & die. Greatness does not last forever in life or sports.

Thanks.

None of you talked about the Panthers "cheating" when it came to their inflation issues. Or the Vikings.

Because they don't win.

You have to be one of the most delusional posters on this board, it is really quite stunning. If you want to know why many fans of other teams do not like the Patriots, go look in a mirror. Maybe, doubtful, but maybe the answer will come to you.

You have to be one of the most delusional posters on this board, it is really quite stunning. If you want to know why many fans of other teams do not like the Patriots, go look in a mirror. Maybe, doubtful, but maybe the answer will come to you.

yeah, but..."they hate us cuz they ain't us!" Trololol

Thanks.

Because they don't win.

so not stating something that is not in the article is proving your point how? You are obviously grabbing for anything to prove your point, which is laughable at best.

If you cheat and lose your just a *. If you cheat and win your a villain. Patriots and Billy Boy are villains and it sure looks like  you can throw Turkey Tom into that category now with the flattened football fiasco.

I strongly dislike the Patriots because of Tom Brady, BB and their track record of trying to gain an illegal advantage anyway possible.  I also strongly dislike the Patriots because of their cocky fans.  Did you ever think about the fact that they are watched so much because of their awful track record of cheating?  Just like Spike Lee said, with the Patriots where there is smoke there is fire.

Thanks.

Because they don't win.

As discussed massively with Yehoodi. The wording of the rule does not define what they did as cheating. It can be argued that keeping then at the same state as which they were filled is not altering. Furthermore both teams were doing it so no advantage to either. I don't think heating them is a big issue. Def not as big as deflating them beyond what the rules allow. But ya, go ahead keep excusing your team and thinking you're superior. Everyone else knows the truth of it.

Remember the ongoing Manning/Brady debates of years back when the Pats were winning Super Bowls and Manning was tearing the league up? To Pats fans it was all about titles and not stats....but when Brady started tearing up the league but the Pats were NOT winning Super Bowls, only titles didn't matter. It's like their fans can't get their arguments straight and will arrogantly and condescendingly defend their team no matter what rule bending and illegal means the team uses. To them the end justifies the means. And THAT's why I hate the Pats and it seems nobody outside of that small East Coast bubble likes them either.

Thanks.

Because they don't win.

The Panters and Vikings issues were not the same as the Patriots issues. You would also think you would expect more from a "winning" or "classy" team rather than a team that can't win playoff games.

I read the article, and yes, clearly it does Patriots fans no favors about being perceived as arrogant.

One line that I did 100% agree with though, especially after seeing the vitriol towards them over the last 10 days:

"You care more about the Patriots being accused of cheating than other teams actually cheating.  It has gotten to that point and it’s out of hand."

Thanks.

Because they don't win.

"Oh no, I'm a poor Patriots fan. Only the Patriots get ridiculed, not any other team ever. It's stupid how much we get targeted by other fans. By the way, all of you are just jealous."

Exactly how you're coming off right now. Again, it's annoying.

For those basing their 'dislike' for the Patriots on the fans who frequent this forum, then I do have to ask, do you hate the Colts as well? I think we all know we have some 'tasty' Colts fans who post on here very regularly indeed.

...and trying to protect JJ and GoPats, who are always fair, open, and up for some friendly baiting!

I dislike each poster on their own merits :P 

You're tricky :P

All fan bases have their obnoxious ones. No doubt about that. 

I've noticed more Pats fans are like what was presented in this article. But maybe I'm just being jealous

I read the article, and yes, clearly it does Patriots fans no favors about being perceived as arrogant.

One line that I did 100% agree with though, especially after seeing the vitriol towards them over the last 10 days:

"You care more about the Patriots being accused of cheating than other teams actually cheating.  It has gotten to that point and it’s out of hand."

I would agree with that line too, but many of the Patriot fans are the reason for that sentiment. Just to be clear I am not directing that towards you, you seem pretty reasonable, but there are a large percentage of Patriots fans that make it extraordinarily easy to dislike the team. I could say the same for other teams too that have many fans that are jerks.

Thats funny-the Patriots fall into the category of actually cheating...remember that little spygate thingy?

"You care more about the Patriots being accused of cheating than other teams actually cheating. It has gotten to that point and it’s out of hand."

No, if the other teams cheat like the pats do, pre-planned, then punish them accordingly. But the only thing anyone can point out is individual actions of spite of the moment decisions or people who take peds. Those people are and have been punished but it is different than the pats. They have a history of Institutional cheating.

No, if the other teams cheat like the pats do, pre-planned, then punish them accordingly. But the only thing anyone can point out is individual actions of spite of the moment decisions or people who take peds. Those people are and have been punished but it is different than the pats. They have a history of Institutional cheating.

Except that the way people jumped on this story before anything legitimate actually came out, I mean...come on....the response has been a joke.

ar·ro·gance

ˈerəɡəns/

noun

the quality of being arrogant.

"the arrogance of this man is astounding"

synonyms: conceit, pride, self-importance, egotism; More

antonyms: modesty

This is why I hate the *'s, the team, the coaches, and most of the fans I've encountered, a bunch of arrogant *'s. That and the fact that they have no integrity or respect for the game or other teams.

ar·ro·gance

ˈerəɡəns/

noun

the quality of being arrogant.

"the arrogance of this man is astounding"

synonyms: conceit, pride, self-importance, egotism; More

antonyms: modesty

This is why I hate the *'s, the team, the coaches, and most of the fans I've encountered, a bunch of arrogant *'s. That and the fact that they have no integrity or respect for the game or other teams.

You talk about arrogance, but your last line shows complete ignorance.

quoted the wrong post. Ps, Brady isn't overrated. Dude is good. Just might end up having lied flat out to his entire fanbase.

I know he's good but people say he might be the greatest of all time and that's why he's overrated. I don't believe he's better than Peyton and I think that if he wasn't fortunate enough to land on a team that immediately won three Superbowls then he would just be another good quarterback.

Except that the way people jumped on this story before anything legitimate actually came out, I mean...come on....the response has been a joke.

People jumped on the story when it came out all their balls were below the allowable limit.  Seems legitimate to me and the proper response once that was confirmed.  With a history of cheating it is safe to assume that it is a possibility they are doing it again.  Again, another proper response to me.  If they don't like it, don't cheat.  They brought this on themselves.  I apply this logic to everything, even when players complain about getting called for penalties.  Dont like it then stop doing it.