Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Reason You Hate the Patriots is Because they Win.

ViriLudant

Because if they didn't cheat to win, then we'd hate them all the same.

How come nobody hates the Packers? Or the Broncos? Or the 49ers when they were doing well?

none of them matches what pats are doing in a SALARY CAP era.   9 AFCC. 6SBs.  people hate us because they are tired of us.  

broncos?  really?  c'mon man.

Nah.... I couldn't care less about the Patriots. Patriots and their fans are so full of themselves that they think it's all about them.  Don't flatter yourselves ;-)

I do despise arrogance and there are several teams that have more than their allotted amount of it and you guys are at or near the top of the list.  One reason I am very uninterested in this coming Superbowl is the two teams that are playing are in that category.   

i'm sure you do.  that's why you just posted.   arrogance by fans or actual players?  believe it or not, listen to every press conference or radio interview by pats players - most of them are very humble.

if you think fans are arrogant - well we are more 'spoiled' than 'arrogant'.  that's what 15 years of winning does to the fanbase. 

The reason we hate your team is because, you, like 75% of the fan base, will be rooting for another team once Jimmy Garoppolo is taking the snaps in two years.

Fans = fanatics

and no, not after 15 years of fandom.  Boston has completely tranformed.  back then it was red sox nation then celts.  boston traditionally wasn't a great football city.  but BB/Brady era has changed all that.  and now whether we have brady/bb or not, we are into this for a long haul.   It's the NFL.  everybody loves football.   this ain't hockey.

Inaccurate.

I don't have any respect for the Patriots regardless of record and Lombardi trophies because they do what they can to skirt the rules. The team has no class in my opinion.  I can't say that I hate the Patriots but I do disregard them.  

I will say that Tom Brady has strangely caused me to dislike Phillip Rivers less as I've seen more whining and feelings of entitlement from Brady than from Rivers. 

I have respect for other teams who frequently beat the Colts....Steelers, Chargers, and Cowboys.

If NE wins on Sunday, it will be nothing more than another tarnished Lombardi trophy.   

deep inside, you and i both know why pats are hated.  most teams have 'pats memory'.   i lurk around most of afc team forums, and they all have bad pats memory.   most likely we beat them in a critical time.   for colts, how can anyone not hate us?   first, we had a great rivalry going, and now after peyton left, we kinda own you guys.  it's natural for colts to hate us. 

i've always respected colts.   i embraced peyton/brady rivalry.   but i know a better team when i see one.  we consistently build a better team than colts. 

about brady - haters see a 'whiner'.   fans see a psycho tom.  a guy with a crazy desire to win.  he is kinda dude who would do whatever it takes to win.  i love that quality in him.  not winning the SB for 10 years eat him every day.  he is dying to win another one.  how can you not love the way he plays the football?  he runs 60 yards to celebrate with edelman who just hit a home run.  how cool is that?  

but of course, he whines and complains(so does all QBs, brees for ex.)  that's all you see.    if i wasn't a pats fan, i probably would've hated him too because let's face it.  brady has everything that i don't.

WRONG!

Dislike them because of the Brady / Manning debate which was entirely baseless!

Dislike them because Brady gets all the credit for winning 3 SBs when it was  the TEAM who won those SB's.

Dislike them because they are not concerned with fair play in a competitive sport - to the point that they are willing to cheat over and over again!

Has nothing at all to do with them being winners - as in my book; cheaters are never winners!

i'm not sure where you are going with brady/manning debate.  but all i know is that brady/manning was a great rivalry and they both carried the NFL. 

no, brady doesn't get all the credit for winning 3SBs. i don't know where you get that from.  we all know brady was a game manager in his 1st SB.  he was a critical part for the next 2.  without brady, we probably don't win all 3.   we were a great team.   and of course, QB gets all the glories.  that's just how it is.

guilty until proven innocent, eh?  

The Patriots haven't won in 10 years.

I'm jealous of the Seahawks.

please be honest to yourself.   we all know you don't care anything about seahawks.

pats are always in a position to be in the final four. and almost every other year final 2.   as a fan, i can't ask for more.   and that's a greatness.  it's kinda like why many fans hate on duke.  they don't always win it all, but they are always a threat to win it all. 

and you can't win every year. that's impossible.   we did go to 2 more SBs which IMO is a great accomplishment.  it's ridiculously hard to go to SB.  ask peyton.    

I hate the pats because they Cheat and the Refs save their sorry ***** all the time just like the "Tuck Rule" game, just look at how they bended the rules against the Ravens in the divisional round and the refs did nothing, you can best believe that never would have gotten by if another team did that to the pats.

Go Seahawks!!!

we are a forward thinking smart *.  almost all the time, bill belichick is the smartest guy every sunday.  we do whatever it takes to win.  it's the NFL.   it ain't a rec league. 

I'm saddened by all this hate, but i understand where this is coming from.   Pats are just like every other team, but we happened to be the best team in the past 15 years. you are witnessing a historic run. we are built to win again and again as long as brady plays like brady.  brady takes care of his body like no one else and i can see him being great for another 4 years.   our window is closing, but jimmy G looks promising as hell too.  we are hoping he is our aaron rodgers. 

one day we will all look back and appreciate brady/bb greatness.   I always respected peyton, and IMO he is the 2nd greatest QB of all time.  but of course i'm a pats and i'm happy with Brady who IMO is the GOAT regardless of what happens this sunday.

you guys should be happy too because you guys got lucky with luck and most likely will win a SB sometime this decade.  at the end of the day, brady can't play forever and pats will have 2-4 years of growing pains after brady retires.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the ongoing Manning/Brady debates of years back when the Pats were winning Super Bowls and Manning was tearing the league up? To Pats fans it was all about titles and not stats....but when Brady started tearing up the league but the Pats were NOT winning Super Bowls, only titles didn't matter. It's like their fans can't get their arguments straight and will arrogantly and condescendingly defend their team no matter what rule bending and illegal means the team uses. To them the end justifies the means. And THAT's why I hate the Pats and it seems nobody outside of that small East Coast bubble likes them either.

Yep...I. remember when it was all about the rings, nothing else mattered. Now it has changed to its all about the AFC Championship. Post spygate Pats are the early 90's Buffalo Bills...but not as good, those Bills teams went to 4 SBs in a row. So Buffalo Bills Lite...yeah that's it and Brady is Jim Kelly Jr. Nothing more, nothing less. Also, the Pats had to cheat to earn their title as Buffalo Bills Lite. Maybe a better comparison would be the late 80's Oakland A's McGuire and Canseco? No, they at least won 1 World Series.

--It's fine to have love for the Patriots. Just remember to not rub peoples noses in your success or at least don't be surprised when another team kicks your caboose once in awhile evoking no sympathy from 31 other organizations. Just like celebrities & falling stars, eventually we all go supernova, explode, & die. Greatness does not last forever in life or sports.

SW1....your last comment can't help but remind me of the "Wall Street" line that Lou Mannheim (Hal Holbrook) spoke to, ironically, the cheating options trader Bud Fox (Charlie Sheen)....

"Enjoy it while it lasts, kid...because it never does."

:)

deep inside, you and i both know why pats are hated.  most teams have 'pats memory'.   i lurk around most of afc team forums, and they all have bad pats memory.   most likely we beat them in a critical time.   for colts, how can anyone not hate us?   first, we had a great rivalry going, and now after peyton left, we kinda own you guys.  it's natural for colts to hate us. 

i've always respected colts.   i embraced peyton/brady rivalry.   but i know a better team when i see one.  we consistently build a better team than colts. 

about brady - haters see a 'whiner'.   fans see a psycho tom.  a guy with a crazy desire to win.  he is kinda dude who would do whatever it takes to win.  i love that quality in him.  not winning the SB for 10 years eat him every day.  he is dying to win another one.  how can you not love the way he plays the football?  he runs 60 yards to celebrate with edelman who just hit a home run.  how cool is that?  

but of course, he whines and complains(so does all QBs, brees for ex.)  that's all you see.    if i wasn't a pats fan, i probably would've hated him too because let's face it.  brady has everything that i don't.

Watch the Ravens/Pats game again and watch Brady after he was mauled.  "Psycho" Tom is a whiner.  Doing "whatever it takes to win" should be limited by rules, policies, and ethics-which apparently in light of recent events (and past ones, too), the Pats organization doesn't seem to care about.  I really don't know that I can say that I "hate" the Pats.  I certainly don't have any respect for them as an organization due to ethics issues so it invalidates in a large degree what they've done, in my opinion.  

If it turns out true that only the weather affected the balls, which it wont, then it has to be undisputable evidence.

3 MIT professors and countless other tech students and professors have done RECORDED experiments that PROVE, with SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE, that the weather can absolutely affect the balls by up to 2 PSI!

What I've been noticing is that many Colts fans on this forum completely ignore that fact.  They want to pretend like all of this information coming out doesn't really exist, and will side with Bill Nye the Entertainer Guy who is an admitted Seahawks fan and ignore everyone else.

There's this tiny little community college, not sure if you've ever heard of it... its called MIT... highly considered one of the best colleges in the entire world... and 3 professors proved 100% that in those conditions, the balls could have lost 2 PSI.

Now we have reports that there is a chance the refs didn't even properly test them before the game!  At the end of the day, the Patriots did nothing intentional or shady here.. their names will be cleared of this RIDICULOUSLY overblown story that has been used by the media and the NFL to build up viewership for the biggest flagship program on earth.. the Super Bowl.

INCORRECT. 

I hate the Patriots because they are cheaters and Tom Brady lies through his teeth. Plus most of their fans are cocky as all get out. A couple on here are cool, but there is only a handful. 

Other than Spygate, the Patriots have never been caught breaking any rules of any kind..  Since 2007, multiple teams have been caught doing all sorts of things that are significantly worse infractions, but nobody talks about it because those teams are middle of the road teams that don't win Super Bowls.

This idea that the Patriots have a "history" of consistent cheating is so off the mark its not even funny.  Spygate was 7 years ago, its time to move on!

I hate the pats because they Cheat and the Refs save their sorry ***** all the time

Is that why the Patriots were one of the most penalized teams this year?  I would hate for facts like that to get in the way of your agenda, but I figure its probably best to help inform you.

What I find so amazing is that the #1 and #2 most penalized teams this year are both playing in the SB....

Don't believe me?  Check it out for yourself, from the NFL's official site:  http://www.nflpenalties.com/

just like the "Tuck Rule" game,

I find it amazing how people still stew over something that happened 14 years ago...  Let me give you some perspective here...

1.  The Tuck Rule was called 8 times that year

2.  The Patriots had the "Tuck Rule" called earlier in the year in favor of the Jets late in the 4th quarter and it cost them the game..  Thats a fact, Jack. 

3. Karma... in 1976, the Raiders won a divisional playoff game against the Patriots in what was one of the most controversial calls in NFL history with a roughing the passer call on Ray Hamilton that saved the Raiders and allowed them to continue their drive for the win...   So even if the Tuck Rule was the incorrect call (It wasnt.. its been confirmed multiple times by NFL officials that it was the CORRECT CALL) it wouldnt matter.. because it was the Universe's way of balancing things out... but i know that none of you care about any of that, because it doesn't support your anti-patriot agenda

4. The Tuck Rule was irrelevant because Woodson had a blow to the head of Brady and should have been called for a 15 yard roughing the QB.  Its so amusing to see people so angry about a CORRECT CALL in the tuck rule, and completely ignore a MISSED CALL on the blow to the head of Brady... 

The Tuck Rule just gave the Patriots 1 more down.. and they converted it and kept driving.. scored a TD... stopped the raiders again.. got the ball back... drove the field.. kicked a game tying FG through a blizzard.. went into overtime.. and kicked another FG through a blizzard for the game winner..

They were the better team, GET OVER IT!

just look at how they bended the rules against the Ravens in the divisional round and the refs did nothing

This type of nonsense again..  They didn't "bend" or break ANY rules!  The officials publicly stated that everything they were doing was perfectly legal!

Where were all your bleeding hearts years ago when Miami shredded the Patriots to pieces with the introduction of the Wild Card formation into the NFL for the first time ever?

It had never been done before, and used odd offensive formations and DECEPTION to confuse the defense... They gashed the Patriots for like 250 yards running out of the Wild Cat formation..   Did you hear any Patriots fans complaining?  Did you hear any Patriots fans, players or coaches whining to the media that the Dolphins were deceiving them and running odd formations?  No... you didn't.  The Patriots took their beating like men and came back stronger and more PREPARED the next time around and beat them.

The Patriots followed the rules to the letter... yet many here will sympathize with the poor Ravens because they weren't prepared and disciplined enough to deal with some new wrinkles that the Patriots incorporated into their game plan, notified the refs BEFORE THE GAME what they were going to do and got the OK to do it.. then after they execute it, everyone is crying foul even after the Refs said what they did was 100% within the rules!

Its amazing to see the vitriol, blind hatred of them from many on this board.

3 MIT professors and countless other tech students and professors have done RECORDED experiments that PROVE, with SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE, that the weather can absolutely affect the balls by up to 2 PSI!

What I've been noticing is that many Colts fans on this forum completely ignore that fact.  They want to pretend like all of this information coming out doesn't really exist, and will side with Bill Nye the Entertainer Guy who is an admitted Seahawks fan and ignore everyone else.

There's this tiny little community college, not sure if you've ever heard of it... its called MIT... highly considered one of the best colleges in the entire world... and 3 professors proved 100% that in those conditions, the balls could have lost 2 PSI.

Now we have reports that there is a chance the refs didn't even properly test them before the game!  At the end of the day, the Patriots did nothing intentional or shady here.. their names will be cleared of this RIDICULOUSLY overblown story that has been used by the media and the NFL to build up viewership for the biggest flagship program on earth.. the Super Bowl.

Have you got a link to the experiments?

Overblown reaction certainly but then so is the reaction of fans on both sides...hyperbolic doesn't even begin to cover it.

What I've been noticing is that many Colts fans on this forum completely ignore that fact. They want to pretend like all of this information coming out doesn't really exist, and will side with Bill Nye the Entertainer Guy who is an admitted Seahawks fan and ignore everyone else.

Now we have reports that there is a chance the refs didn't even properly test them before the game! At the end of the day, the Patriots did nothing intentional or shady here.. their names will be cleared of this RIDICULOUSLY overblown story that has been used by the media and the NFL to build up viewership for the biggest flagship program on earth.. the Super Bowl.

no they didn't prove they could lose 2 psi

Having not read the article about MIT that you mention...I'll take your word for it. Did the article also point out the statistical probability that, of the 24 balls in play, only 11 of them were affected by the weather and all 11 of those came from the same team?

Where is that "community college" located again?

Is that why the Patriots were one of the most penalized teams this year?  I would hate for facts like that to get in the way of your agenda, but I figure its probably best to help inform you.

What I find so amazing is that the #1 and #2 most penalized teams this year are both playing in the SB....

Don't believe me?  Check it out for yourself, from the NFL's official site:  http://www.nflpenalties.com/

I find it amazing how people still stew over something that happened 14 years ago...  Let me give you some perspective here...

2.  The Patriots had the "Tuck Rule" called earlier in the year in favor of the Jets late in the 4th quarter and it cost them the game..  Thats a fact, Jack. 

Its amazing to see the vitriol, blind hatred of them from many on this board.

It amazes me that you post stuff like above after you posted this in another thread:  "Irsay being a tattle tale would be one of his more endearing qualities with his history.  I wouldn't put it past him for a second to do something like this, because hes hated the Patriots for over 10 years, dating back to the early 2000's when the Pats knocked the Colts out of the playoffs several times.  Irsay and Polian aggressively tried to get the rules changed and dating all the way back to then Irsay has tried to discredit everything Kraft and the Patriots have accomplished."

Can you define hypocrite?  I know I can.

No I know who you're talking about and he is big which is a step in the right direction. The LBs look small (maybe me?)

Clearly the tackling is bad. Of course I'm happy when we run the ball on them like crazy but in my football mind like come on guys- you gotta tackle him. ;-)

Nail on the head....we have poor tackling. Always been the case with Colts teams for a long time. Last time I remember it being really good was when Bob Sanders was here playing...since then we see way too many missed tackles. I like our secondary but our LBs I think leave A TON to be desired. Our DL is pretty big. Jones, Redding, Chapman and company are pretty big dudes...but to me you can't just take the cast offs of Baltimore and win with them. They aren't Ngata...they aren't Lewis, Reed, or Suggs. A lot of these guys looked good in that system because of those guys playing next to them....with us...they are decent...but not game changers.

Great movie; Great line PAC56. 

The investigation's conclusions notwithstanding. Your post did make me roar with laughter. Not necessarily over who's right or who's wrong, but the absurdity over evidence neither camp has even seen yet regarding this controversy. 

Nice job of pointing out the craziness of jealousy assertions that have no direct correlation whatsoever in rhyme, reason, or fact ricker182. Translation: It's hard to be jealous of decade long Championship drought. That's like a gold digging woman being upset that she never married her high school sweetheart now dirt broke. 

Yeah. I don't see where the jealousy is coming from. Maybe in 2004 or 2005. But not now.   

Every team is disappointed if they don't win the Super Bowl.    

I'm not jealous of a team that has lost their last 2 Super Bowls.   

I'm jealous of Seattle. That's a team that just won and they're there again and they have a good team.

Not sure what you mean.. are you trying to discredit an institution that is known world wide as one of the best colleges with the best and brightest that our nation has to offer because of their geographical location?

Not at all.  You seem to discredit Bill Nye an admitted Seahawks fan and engineer that went to Cornell I believe, also a pretty good school.  Could it just possibly be that a college/university located in Boston might just employ people that are fans of the local sports teams?  Do you think that might actually be a possibility?

What I've been noticing is that many Colts fans on this forum completely ignore that fact. They want to pretend like all of this information coming out doesn't really exist, and will side with Bill Nye the Entertainer Guy who is an admitted Seahawks fan and ignore everyone else.

Now we have reports that there is a chance the refs didn't even properly test them before the game! At the end of the day, the Patriots did nothing intentional or shady here.. their names will be cleared of this RIDICULOUSLY overblown story that has been used by the media and the NFL to build up viewership for the biggest flagship program on earth.. the Super Bowl.

Did the MIT guys also tell you, why weather didn't affect the Colts ball?.

I believe Colts played at the same stadium that day.

Not at all.  You seem to discredit Bill Nye an admitted Seahawks fan and engineer that went to Cornell I believe, also a pretty good school.  Could it just possibly be that a college/university located in Boston might just employ people that are fans of the local sports teams?  Do you think that might actually be a possibility?

There is a chance that MIT employs people who are Patriot's fans, but no more or less chance than employing a Seattle fan, or a Colts fan or a Cowboys fan.  People come from all over the nation to go to MIT, and they will only typically accept valedictorians.

Also Bill Nye never did his own experiments, he just said he questioned Belichick's analysis based on his experiments.. and then ended with a "Go Hawks!" 

Did the MIT guys also tell you, why weather didn't affect the Colts ball?.

I believe Colts played at the same stadium that day.

The weather would have affected the Colts balls as well.. we don't even know what the balls PSI measurements were before kickoff yet until the investigation comes out..  but if the Colts had theirs as 13.5 PSI (which is what guys like Aaron Rodgers prefer it at), and the Pats had it at 12.5 PSI (which is what guys like Brady like it at), then if they both had a drop off of 1 PSI, the Patriots balls would non-compliant at 11.5 and the Colts would be in compliance at 12.5.

That isn't a rule violation, the violation would be if they intentionally tampered with the footballs.

The other important point from the physics angle is that the rain had as much, if not more of a hand in affecting the PSI.  When a football becomes saturated in water, it expands.  When something expands, by the laws of physics it has to lose pressure. 

The weather would have affected the Colts balls as well.. we don't even know what the balls PSI measurements were before kickoff yet until the investigation comes out.. but if the Colts had theirs as 13.5 PSI (which is what guys like Aaron Rodgers prefer it at), and the Pats had it at 12.5 PSI (which is what guys like Brady like it at), then if they both had a drop off of 1 PSI, the Patriots balls would non-compliant at 11.5 and the Colts would be in compliance at 12.5.

That isn't a rule violation, the violation would be if they intentionally tampered with the footballs.

The other important point from the physics angle is that the rain had as much, if not more of a hand in affecting the PSI. When a football becomes saturated in water, it expands. When something expands, by the laws of physics it has to lose pressure.

Can you count the number of "if" in your post?.

I thought it was called twice against us that year. I remember the Texan game at Houston-  We got the ball on the fumble but it was called back due to the tuck rule.(called an inc pass). I remember saying to myself just keep going and win despite it. We did.

I remember BB always telling his players to move on from any bad call or whatever- its over- concentrate on the next play.

Too bad the Raiders didn't- talk about deflategate they were totally deflated ;-)

There is a chance that MIT employs people who are Patriot's fans, but no more or less chance than employing a Seattle fan, or a Colts fan or a Cowboys fan.  People come from all over the nation to go to MIT, and they will only typically accept valedictorians.

Also Bill Nye never did his own experiments, he just said he questioned Belichick's analysis based on his experiments.. and then ended with a "Go Hawks!" 

Bill Nye did not just question Belichick's analysis, he said it was ridiculous.

Funny coincidence, the manufacturer of the footballs said the same thing as Bill Nye did, minus the Go Hawks.  

Can you count the number of "if" in your post?.

I used "if" 4 times, but I could make 1 edit and get that down to 1 "if"..  I don't know what you're getting at here.

There are way more "ifs" involved in trying to suggest that the Patriots tampered with footballs, thats for sure!

You obviously did not comprehend what I said at all. Fine, I know it can affect the balls from the first half. But the weather did not affect the balls in the second half, when...it...got...COLDER. explain that Mr. MIT.

That's why the science doesn't make sense and won't prove to be true. You seem to be forgetting about that.

Look, at this point, I just wanna watch the SB & forget about PSI air pressure for awhile. For those fans who believe that there will be a footnote in the NFL record books discounting or diminishing their victory should the Patriots win tomorrow night, it won't matter. It's not like Roger Goodell is taking the Lombardi trophy away due to some intense NE backlash. This isn't like Reggie Bush having to give back his 2005 Heisman Trophy award. 

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/8272932/former-usc-trojans-running-back-reggie-bush-returned-2005-heisman-trophy

That's never gonna happen on the SB stage in a million years. The strange thing is this: NE loses either way in the public eye because many fans will believe that cheating allowed them to get to the SB & if they lose, it just falsely validates in some peoples minds that their shady methods finally caught up with them & took them down. 

At the end of the day, NE will probably pay a fine, win their 4th ring, & the America's Game SB film will hardly mention deflate gate/ the Loving, Touching, Squeezing Scandal. 

Oh & for all those Seahawks supporters who think that you can intimidate Brady by hitting him constantly Justin Tuck repeatedly said that Tommy kept getting up & fighting & both NY Giants SB scores were low & NE came within a few crucial plays of winning both games minus the David Tyree catch & Chase Blackburn LB interception against TE Gronk. 

Bill Nye did not just question Belichick's analysis, he said it was ridiculous.

Funny coincidence, the manufacturer of the footballs said the same thing as Bill Nye did, minus the Go Hawks.  

Yeah, that's the hardest argument to dismiss on the deflate gate front. When the Wilson Company big wigs say that Bill Belichick's explanation doesn't fly or hold up to scientific scrutiny, it shoots the credibility of that 2nd press conference right out of the water. 

http://deadspin.com/nfl-football-manufacturer-also-says-bill-belichick-is-f-1681802079

Here's my other problem: If expansion & contraction say in a door for instance leads to air leakage in some capacity as a result of cold temperatures & if you took 11 of 12 doors & exposed them to the same conditions, they would not nearly all exhibit the air leakage/coolness several hours later. Also, how would one explain any door that has a tight seal with no air leakage at all? Doors are not footballs I get that, but when you look at the volume of footballs that were under inflated, Bill's assertions are utterly ridiculous. I like you Bill, but stop this deflection nonsense because you just end up looking foolish. 

Pay the fine & be done with this controversy already. JMO.

Oh, for the record, yes SW1 is aware of the irony when I just said in my previous post that " I just wanna watch the SB & forget about PSI air pressure for awhile."  haha  I do that sometimes. Complain about something & then do the very thing I literally railed against or strongly opposed a moment ago. 

Not sure what you mean.. are you trying to discredit an institution that is known world wide as one of the best colleges with the best and brightest that our nation has to offer because of their geographical location?

you discredited a mechanical engineer because he is a Seahawks fan. What is the difference

But not in the conditions that were present that day unless balls were inflated with hot air.

If they really want to impress somebody they should have done RECORDED experiments that PROVE, with SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE, that weather can absolutely affect the balls on only one side of the field.  Now THAT would be impressive.

Please link this scientific study instead of just quoting it.

Because I might not be as educated as those guys, but I do know what Gay-Lussac's law(or Anmonton's) is and it's very hard to believe the footballs lost 2psi at what, 45 degrees? Plus, the Colts footballs weren't deflated by 2psi each as far as I know.

The weather excuse just seems very hard to believe.

Watch the Ravens/Pats game again and watch Brady after he was mauled.  "Psycho" Tom is a whiner.  Doing "whatever it takes to win" should be limited by rules, policies, and ethics-which apparently in light of recent events (and past ones, too), the Pats organization doesn't seem to care about.  I really don't know that I can say that I "hate" the Pats.  I certainly don't have any respect for them as an organization due to ethics issues so it invalidates in a large degree what they've done, in my opinion.  

maybe, just maybe brady really was poked in the eye?

brady does scream 'He poked me in the eye'

www.youtube.com/watch?v=PS9pG1D8Y6s

and you are only assuming that pats are cheating organization.  again, read the in-depth analysis on spygate and you will know videotaping signals were a common practice.  jimmy johnson also admitted it.   but of course, we got caught.

and again, this whole deflate-gate is pretty much a joke controversy.  any person without an agenda to hate pats know this is a laughable accusation.   cheat or no cheat, i find this whole 2 weeks of nothing very funny. 

Yeah, that's the hardest argument to dismiss on the deflate gate front. When the Wilson Company big wigs say that Bill Belichick's explanation doesn't fly or hold up to scientific scrutiny, it shoots the credibility of that 2nd press conference right out of the water. 

http://deadspin.com/nfl-football-manufacturer-also-says-bill-belichick-is-f-1681802079

Here's my other problem: If expansion & contraction say in a door for instance leads to air leakage in some capacity as a result of cold temperatures & if you took 11 of 12 doors & exposed them to the same conditions, they would not nearly all exhibit the air leakage/coolness several hours later. Also, how would one explain any door that has a tight seal with no air leakage at all? Doors are not footballs I get that, but when you look at the volume of footballs that were under inflated, Bill's assertions are utterly ridiculous. I like you Bill, but stop this deflection nonsense because you just end up looking foolish. 

Pay the fine & be done with this controversy already. JMO.

Oh, for the record, yes SW1 is aware of the irony when I just said in my previous post that " I just wanna watch the SB & forget about PSI air pressure for awhile."  haha  I do that sometimes. Complain about something & then do the very thing I literally railed against or strongly opposed a moment ago. 

hello?  anybody home?  there are experiments which proved that BB's explanation is very possible.

there are ton off supportive 'scientific' experiments/opinions out there.   but of course, this is a pats hating thread, so it doesn't get posted here.

hey look

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/chemistry/new-topic-2015-01-24T17:29:25.649Z/ideal-gas-laws/v/deflategate-ideal-gas-law

The weather would have affected the Colts balls as well.. we don't even know what the balls PSI measurements were before kickoff yet until the investigation comes out..  but if the Colts had theirs as 13.5 PSI (which is what guys like Aaron Rodgers prefer it at), and the Pats had it at 12.5 PSI (which is what guys like Brady like it at), then if they both had a drop off of 1 PSI, the Patriots balls would non-compliant at 11.5 and the Colts would be in compliance at 12.5.

The other important point from the physics angle is that the rain had as much, if not more of a hand in affecting the PSI.  When a football becomes saturated in water, it expands.  When something expands, by the laws of physics it has to lose pressure.

You said 2 PSI. 13.5 - 2 = ?