Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ray Lewis gave the Colts a pep talk

snkdy

Colts coach Chuck Pagano had his old Ravens LB Ray Lewis address the team today, I'm told. The message: Cherish the opportunity you have.

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer)

January 9, 2015

Ray Lewis told the Colts that the chances to win championships don't come along often. The players came away impressed with Lewis' speech.

January 9, 2015

Wonder if he gave one to BAL too :)

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts coach Chuck Pagano had his old Ravens LB Ray Lewis address the team today, I'm told. The message: Cherish the opportunity you have.

January 9, 2015

Ray Lewis told the Colts that the chances to win championships don't come along often. The players came away impressed with Lewis' speech.

January 9, 2015

I imagine he'll give a pep talk to Bal next week when they're at Lucas Oil Stadium...........

Sorry I'm not impressed with his eye rolling preacher ray antics. Half the guys are probably rolling their eyes. Who the hell needs a pep talk before a playoff game anyway? But that's just me....

I don't mind pep talks.  I think I would prefer a style from say Pagano or Dungy, where its' not all rah rah in your face screaming, but it's motivational nonetheless. The Ray Lewis-Cory Redding types of peps aren't my cup of tea.

I don't mind pep talks.  I think I would prefer one from Pagano or Dungy, where its' not all rah rah in your face screaming. The Cory Redding types of peps aren't my cup of tea.

Yeah, those are the ones I'm talking about. I like pep talks on the sidelines and after games. Pep talks before they game were always lost on me lol

Yeah, those are the ones I'm talking about. I like pep talks on the sidelines and after games. Pep talks before they game were always lost on me lol

Yeah, even before games (i.e. in the locker room before you take the field) are fine with me.  But hours before or the days before the game, so much goes on that the motivation doesn't always endure.  Plus, these guys are playing for tehir livelihood and to advance in the playoffs.  If that's not enough on its own, I don't know what motivational speech could get you over the top.

Nice!  Nothing can hurt at this point in the season!  I hope it gets everyone pumped!  A win over Denver Sunday would be amazing! Itd be the biggest win of Lucks career imo

Don't think there's any IMO about it...if the Colts win Sunday it is no doubt the biggest win of the Luck era...which would then hopefully fall to third biggest after AFC Championship and SB. 

January 9, 2015

January 9, 2015

Wonder if Lewis admitted that the Saturday Night Live cartoon was Spot On?

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2015 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, January 11, 2015 - personal shot

Ha, ha, ha!   Coach Chuck recognizes his inability to motivate the team for a big game, so he brings in a guest motivator.

Now, if Chuck would only delegate the Head Coach job and go sit in the stands, all would be well.

His inability? Sorry, but my opinion is you are just a tool.