Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are #4 Seed

danlhart87

What is rather odd is all the crystal ball type bashing of our team. Be critical of what has happened by all means, but chucking them under a bus before future games have been played is petty, childish, and reeks of some kind of grudge.

And the preordained crowning of the Patriots? Like good teams never lose...

We can beat any team on our day, why not wait until the games are over before assigning them to the scrap heap.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welp, season is over. Onward to the off-season

Don't see this team beating Pit or Cincy

Ok I think I get what's going on here, do you just like to doom say so you can turn around and say "I told you so" when the team loses, but join the happy bandwagon when we win. I mean so far you've predicted finsihing 5-11, not winning the division, not making the playoffs and now going one and done. Add into that your actively telling people not to go to games as there is far better things to spend your money on... Do you really enjoy being so negative? 

People often hide behind the true definition of the word Fan (Fanatic) to justify their behaviour. I prefer the term supporter when it comes to a team, you know where you support your team through the lows as well as the highs. The type of fan who still turns out to watch Jax or the Browns game after game, season after season because well it's their team and you support your team. 

Does that mean the team should be immune from criticism from the fan base? No. But let's at least have justified criticism that's routed in fact and analysis and not bombastic repetitive rhetoric, repeatedly saying the same things over and over makes them no more valid than the first time you've said them. 

I don't agree with calling out another's fandom normally but enough is enough when we've reached the stage of complaining about events yet to happen. The team may well go 1 and done but I'll be supporting them up to the end, not saying "I won't bother to watch and play GTA instead". Why? Because if by some miracle we did run the table I want to be able to celebrate knowing I supported my team all the way and was part of that journey. To join in after bemoaning them constantly all season would just be the worst form of bandwagoning. 

Edit - this is probably deserving of  :rantoff:

Root for the Chargers to beat Bengals/steelers and Colts would head to Denver. Which is very doable for them

I never understood any of this "root for X team to beat X team" thinking...

We would still more than likely have to go through NE in the AFC Championship game... assuming we even get within reach of that.....

This is the NFL playoffs, not the NBA playoffs... You are definitely going to have to play a serious team or two to get to the Superbowl... no matter what order its in...

looks like this will be the seeding for the AFC:

1.Pats

2.Broncos

3.Bengals/Steelers

4.Colts

5.Bengals/Steelers

6.Chargers

Our best shot in the playoffs is to get cincinatti for the wild card round, hope that san diego beats pitsburgh in Pitt, and take on the semi-struggling broncos in denver.

And still more than likely have to play the Pats in NE anyways... It doesnt matter who we get match-up wise, come playoffs you almost always have to beat the 1 and 2 seeds, no matter which order its in...

Our guys will have a chip on their shoulder, mainly the defense and will go toe-to-toe with whoever comes in as our wild card opponent. They are going to be called "soft", "pansies", and everything and I believe the Colts' D will respond in a big way. The offense is what I am really worried about right now and I wouldn't have said that a few weeks ago.

The only "chips" this group cares about are the "chips" in their bank accounts - made possible by chumps like us.  Bring on baseball, LOL.

If you really want to avoid New England, you should probably cheer for the Bengals this week.  Sure, you still have to beat Pittsburgh, but if the Bengals are at 3, I have a feeling they will lose to the Chargers or Ravens.    

We haven't been the same since the Pit loss

Team is truly trending downward. I don't think backpedaling into the playoffs is good at all

I kind of predicted this after the Bengals game. I didn't life that we played so well. I was afraid we peaked and looks like we did.

If we win this week and Cincy loses dont we get seed #3?

Cincy is playing the Steelers.  If the Steelers win they would match our record and they beat us in head to head so they would be the #3 seed.  

If Cincy wins they would beat our record on the basis of their 1 tie.  

What is rather odd is all the crystal ball type bashing of our team. Be critical of what has happened by all means, but chucking them under a bus before future games have been played is petty, childish, and reeks of some kind of grudge.

And the preordained crowning of the Patriots? Like good teams never lose...

We can beat any team on our day, why not wait until the games are over before assigning them to the scrap heap.

I don't want to get all philosophical, but I think it's interesting that you and SteelCityColt, two guys if I'm not mistaken, from foreign countries, have to remind us Americans the difference between criticism and abandonment.

Anyway, I agree with you both 100%.  All of us know the Colts aren't a perfect team.  Most of us enjoy talking about it and what we think can be done.  We complain about the play and coaching. 

But we don't abandon the team.

Personally, I hope we play the Steelers.  And I'd love to go back to NE.  No matter what the outcome.

Why with the magical mystery tour of lining up division dreams with NE/Denver, when Cinny does not look like the pushover team weeks ago, and dread playing the Steelers. I can't stand that team going back to the Bert Jones Colts days,The WC is not automatic here.

It's the same team. They played like crap Sunday, big deal (and the previous two weeks). Lots of Superbowl teams play bad before the playoffs. The Colts have gone in hot and gotten the dog crap kicked out of them countless times. Maybe they need to shamble in like a pack of zombies to get some wins.

And lots of one and done teams play great in the final 3 weeks.

Nobody knows what will happen.

We're a few lucky calls, lucky drops, and great plays away from winning the Super Bowl.

A lot of fans would kill to be in our position.

Truth be told, I'd rather face New England right away. What's the point of potentially getting to the AFC Championship game if we're going to lose to them anyway?

If we go there, beat them, I think that momentum alone can take us over the top. If we can't, well,  that's what we've thought all along.

I just hope the Colts play well enough to win the wild card game.  At least this game will be played at home.  If they can pull off a win in the wild card game they will be playing with house money because no one will pick them to win after that.

and frankly they will be where most thought they were before the season. In the group below New England and Denver in the AFC. So I think you are spot on with the house money comment.

Ideally most would like to play the Bengals. I feel like its one of those "be careful what you wish for" type of ordeals though.

With that said, I would much rather play against Andy Dalton.

The season starts over in the playoffs. Hopefully we can rally together and get a good movement going forward.

I would pick having to face Dalton over Big Ben

Ideally most would like to play the Bengals. I feel like its one of those "be careful what you wish for" type of ordeals though.

With that said, I would much rather play against Andy Dalton.

The season starts over in the playoffs. Hopefully we can rally together and get a good movement going forward.

Andy Dalton is average, he's not the problem

The problem is Hill & Bernard on offense and then that defense that has always been good but Dalton doesn't produce

I don't see the Colts offense (the way it's been playing lately) topping that Defense

And I don't see the defense stopping Hill & Bernard

i was saying before the season, most people put the Colts in the group below The Broncos and Pats. If the Colts get back to the second round of the playoffs they really met most people's pre-season expectations.

I get it. But my point is, Denver sure looks a bit questionable.

As for expectations... I agree, we may not have been everyone's top super bowl considerations,

but I feel these embarrassing blowouts should be absolutely unacceptable.

If they don't pass protect better for Manning, they may lose.

Vasquez at RT looked terrible.

The pass protection is suspect and the blue print is there for an upset.

Any team playing the Bronco's is going to load the box and dare Peyton to throw long.  Especially if it's bad weather, and that's likely.

Andy Dalton is average, he's not the problem

The problem is Hill & Bernard on offense and then that defense that has always been good but Dalton doesn't produce

I don't see the Colts offense (the way it's been playing lately) topping that Defense

And I don't see the defense stopping Hill & Bernard

Neither(Hill and Bernard) of which did anything the first time we played them.  I like our chances, we've been playing solid run defense lately.  We did much better against the Cowboys than I thought we would, which continues multiple games of solid run defense against some good running backs.  I like us against the Bengals in Lucas Oil, they are not the most disciplined team in the world.  I think we'd take them, but I wouldn't be as confident if we faced the Steelers who have more weapons overall as an offense than the Bengals do.

As a caveat, I don't like us in either game if we can't get this darn offense together.

Neither(Hill and Bernard) of which did anything the first time we played them. I like our chances, we've been playing solid run defense lately. We did much better against the Cowboys than I thought we would, which continues multiple games of solid run defense against some good running backs. I like us against the Bengals in Lucas Oil, they are not the most disciplined team in the world. I think we'd take them, but I wouldn't be as confident if we faced the Steelers who have more weapons overall as an offense than the Bengals do.

As a caveat, I don't like us in either game if we can't get this darn offense together.

Again, different teams in that 27-0 shutout

Bengals are gonna be confident after beating the Broncos last night

And if they beat the Steelers next week, Steelers come to Indy

So I guess there would still be one possible scenario for the Colts to host the championship game.

However, highly unlikely considering our play of late...

Playoffs Round 1:

If we beat the 5 seed.

And the 6 seed wins over 3 seed.

Playoffs Round 2:

We win at 2 seed.

6 seed wins at NE

AFC Championship:

Colts vs. 6 seed  (game played at Indianapolis)