Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are #4 Seed

danlhart87

Again, different teams in that 27-0 shutout

Bengals are gonna be confident after beating the Broncos last night

And if they beat the Steelers next week, Steelers come to Indy

Different in what way other than "feeling good about themselves in front of the home crowd"?  The only difference will be they would have A.J. Green who may end up being injured before the playoffs even start.  The only other difference I see is maybe Hill running the ball a bit more.   It's easy to have swagger in front of the home crowd.  I think they'll play different on the road.

As for the Steelers,  I've already said I'm not as optimistic about that game.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither(Hill and Bernard) of which did anything the first time we played them.  I like our chances, we've been playing solid run defense lately.  We did much better against the Cowboys than I thought we would, which continues multiple games of solid run defense against some good running backs.  I like us against the Bengals in Lucas Oil, they are not the most disciplined team in the world.  I think we'd take them, but I wouldn't be as confident if we faced the Steelers who have more weapons overall as an offense than the Bengals do.

As a caveat, I don't like us in either game if we can't get this darn offense together.

Also, I am not sold on the Bengals coaching. They may be too conservative, and that could play into our hands. Or Marvin Lewis is always capable of just plain goofing it up.

Andy Dalton is average, he's not the problem

The problem is Hill & Bernard on offense and then that defense that has always been good but Dalton doesn't produce

I don't see the Colts offense (the way it's been playing lately) topping that Defense

And I don't see the defense stopping Hill & Bernard

So you'd rather play Le'Veon Bell over Hill/Bernard?

Different in what way other than "feeling good about themselves in front of the home crowd"? The only difference will be they would have A.J. Green who may end up being injured before the playoffs even start. The only other difference I see is maybe Hill running the ball a bit more. It's easy to have swagger in front of the home crowd. I think they'll play different on the road.

As for the Steelers, I've already said I'm not as optimistic about that game.

Bengals aren't world beaters by any means, but we don't even know who we are anymore

I'd pick a team with a top defense over a team who's lost their identity or maybe never even had one.

Bengals aren't world beaters by any means, but we don't even know who we are anymore

I'd pick a team with a top defense over a team who's lost their identity or maybe never even had one.

I think we know who we are, but we have been pretty bad at the execution side of what we need to do to be that.Plus I think we have failed to adapt in some ways to the issue of the bad offensive line. I think we need to balance more easy high percentage, chain moving throws into the offense to balance out some of these Bruce Arians bombthem into hell type of throws. More throws that act as a defacto running game, while working out the kinks in the real running game.   I think that would help the offensive line in the passing game, and our ability to control TOP along with reducing Lucks turnovers.    Also still need to continue working Moncreif into the offense more, although I like what we've been doing with Nicks lately.

I think we know who we are, but we have been pretty bad at the execution side of what we need to do to be that.Plus I think we have failed to adapt in some ways to the issue of the bad offensive line. I think we need to balance more easy high percentage, chain moving throws into the offense to balance out some of these Bruce Arians bombthem into hell type of throws. More throws that act as a defacto running game, while working out the kinks in the real running game. I think that would help the offensive line in the passing game, and our ability to control TOP along with reducing Lucks turnovers. Also still need to continue working Moncreif into the offense more, although I like what we've been doing with Nicks lately.

We only have 3 WR's who're effective, Nicks is forced to play. Reggie is done after this year, there's nothing left in his tank

We need to bring Whalen up. Whalen isn't the greatest WR ever but I'd take a healthy Whalen over the current Reggie right now

Our luck, we end up with a #4 vs #5 matchup of Colts vs Steelers. I hope that is not the case. :(

Hey, as a fan I'd welcome a chance for sweet revenge.  Not only for revenge over this season's earlier debacle, but revenge for the still painful playoff loss years ago when Vander missed the makable tying FG at the end, leading to a monumentally disappointing upset.

Go Colts! ... no matter who stands in their way

I get it. But my point is, Denver sure looks a bit questionable.

As for expectations... I agree, we may not have been everyone's top super bowl considerations,

but I feel these embarrassing blowouts should be absolutely unacceptable.

we had those last year too just to the Cards and Rams, most teams have a game or two a year where things just sprial out of control.

I do agree this team has to get better this off-season. Mathis will help the pass rushing situation on defense. On offense they have to do something with the right guard and center spots for sure and depending on how they feel about GC maybe right tackle as well. I think the running back spot needs a complete over haul and maybe a change in mind set at it. Even WR they will have to address. You have Hilton and Moncrief and Cribbs as a returner but that's really it. Wayne I think will retire and I see no way Nicks wants to come back here. They do have Whalen on the practice squad but I think they need another WR at least. Tightend I think they are set at. QB however they have Luck clearly but Hasselbeck is supposed to retire at years end and his contract is up so they will probably be in the market for a new back up QB.

So yeah I agree changes need to be made to move from division winner to elite team. This will be a big off-season once the Colts get there. For now though, they are in the playoffs and could still met most pre-season expectations. If they do that it's really unrealistic to expect to see the Colts fire Pagano.

We're not stopping ANY good running game.  Since Pitt and Cin both have top notch run games, I am not seeing a lot of promise in 2 weeks.  I do think, however, that Denver is primed for a loss.  Even New England looked mortal, though NYJ always seems to be a pain in their butt.  The two hottest teams in the AFC right now are Cincy and Pitt... don't relish playing either of them. I could see either of those teams getting super hot and going to the SB.  Seattle seems almost invincible at this point.  Only Green Bay is in their way.  

If AZ had a QB, they'd be the fun team to cheer on this year.  Winning 11 games with the chaos at QB and now losing their best RB has to be one heck of a sad roller coaster for their fans.  Injuries seem to decide most Super Bowl outcomes throughout the season.  I would love to see an entire season with every team bring their very best every week.  I guess that can only happen on Madden!  =)

I had 7 out of 9 of my fantasy football teams in the championship, but a goose egg from Luck, Hilton and several other high profile players has left me about 80 points behind in nearly all of them.  But if not for those guys I would never had made it to the finals in the first place so you take the good with the bad.  

With all the injuries playing such a big factor this year (and most years) and the NFL already trying to use rules to enforce max safety possible, how much longer will it be before the Kicking game is eliminated, and they start wearing flags? 

they will.

so, win or lose I assume the colts position wont change,yes ?

Unless the Bengals and Steelers tie, the Colts stay at the #4 seed.

With that said, I don't think there is one team the Colts should really "prefer" to play. Right now, the Colts are not playing well enough to beat any of the teams in the playoffs.

Not in my playoff picture. We'd get 3rd Seed and host San Diego or Ravens depending in the kc/SD game.

But if Chargers and Ravens both lose, Texans get in at 5th.

But the outcome of a tie is still the same, we get 3rd Seed with a win against tenn.

Yeah as I look at it again you're right. My bad, I don't know what I did.

Since we are locked Into the 4th seed.. Woukdnt it make sense to rest guys who are banged up this week?

Two ways to look at it.

Team has not been in synch for a while now so getting them into a rhythm going into the playoffs may be a good thing.

But the other way is what you suggest.  Give guys a chance to get as healed up as possible - absolute merit to that.

I would imagine that anyone who is 50/50 will sit.

I get nervous about us playing the dual threat quarterback who is very adept at running and passing. Not to mention that plus good WRs and a very good TE.  Very hard to keep a blitz on people like Rothlessberger and Romo.  I don't think the Steelers D is all that, but I'm actually more comfortable playing the Pats than I am Pittsburgh at this point.  I just don't like some of the match ups that offense presents against our defense.  I wouldn't be surprised if Pittsburgh loses to the Bengals on purpose just to face Indy again.  Hopefully we can come up with something to better defend against that bunch if we have to play them..

I get nervous about us playing the dual threat quarterback who is very adept at running and passing. Not to mention that plus good WRs and a very good TE.  Very hard to keep a blitz on people like Rothlessberger and Romo.  I don't think the Steelers D is all that, but I'm actually more comfortable playing the Pats than I am Pittsburgh at this point.  I just don't like some of the match ups that offense presents against our defense.  I wouldn't be surprised if Pittsburgh loses to the Bengals on purpose just to face Indy again.  Hopefully we can come up with something to better defend against that bunch if we have to play them..

i wouln't be surprised either

I'm just conjecturing there due to how they whipped us.  Probably not likely, but it wouldn't surprise me.

I think that game was an anomaly. Blown coverages, Vontae getting hurt, butt safety (killing a mini-rally), etc. And it was in Pittsburgh.

I'd actually like that rematch.

I think that game was an anomaly. Blown coverages, Vontae getting hurt, butt safety (killing a mini-rally), etc. And it was in Pittsburgh.

I'd actually like that rematch.

Anything is possible, but I didn't like how stifled we were against their offensive line.  And when we were able to get a little bit of pressure Big Ben just ran right out of it.  I think they have too much ability to prolong plays against us similar to what went on against the Cowboys.  

I will agree with you in saying Vontae being out was part of the bad coverage(which also contributes to a lack of ability to get to the QB).   I like us against their defense if we can get back to where we were.

Anything is possible, but I didn't like how stifled we were against their offensive line.  And when we were able to get a little bit of pressure Big Ben just ran right out of it.  I think they have too much ability to prolong plays against us, although Vontae being out was part of the bad coverage.   I like us against their defense if we can get back to where we were.

We opened up trying a zone defense. I think that'll be scrapped. Moving Gordy into the lineup was a disaster also. We also didn't have any book on Martavis Bryant, who was new to their lineup.

Not trying to take anything away from the Steelers. They earned everything they got in that one. And it's definitely a problem matchup. I just think we did as many things wrong as they did right, from the defensive gameplan to the execution. I don't think we'll play that poorly again, and I would expect us to be better prepared.

We opened up trying a zone defense. I think that'll be scrapped. Moving Gordy into the lineup was a disaster also. We also didn't have any book on Martavis Bryant, who was new to their lineup.

Not trying to take anything away from the Steelers. They earned everything they got in that one. And it's definitely a problem matchup. I just think we did as many things wrong as they did right, from the defensive gameplan to the execution. I don't think we'll play that poorly again, and I would expect us to be better prepared.

I agree the zone defense was a little new for us in that one, which I think was a response to all the Bunch sets they were running.  Got to have a way to play the bunch set while maintaining man coverage.

Also 9 of their points were give aways by us. The Luck pick 6 and the Safety, I can't recall but there might have even been something else I'm leaving out.

I like our chances only if we can get our identity back on offense.  I still think the Steelers post several problem matchups on the Colts defense even with Vontae back more than say the Bengals.

The Cowboys backs had 99 yards on 37 carries.

Yeah, 99 yards in a game where we threw in the towel early in the second half and so they didn't need to cram it down our throats.  They let up on Defense significantly and they let up on Offense as well.  If the game had been competitive at all, they would easily have rushed for 150 in my opinion. 

So are you predicting we shut down Pitt or Cin running games to under 100 yards?