Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

[Speculation] Welcome to Indy Ben Tate?

Dustin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't get a chance to show his skills if he doesn't have a more mentally tough offensive line to block for him.

I agree with that, you can have the 2nd coming of Walter Payton or Barry Sanders and they wouldn't be able to produce behind that line, THAT is the problem that needs to be fixed

WAIT! The Colts amassed a whopping FOUR yards Sunday against NE............4! Luck had 15. So now explain to me why picking up any running back will help when all he will do is what the Colts running game has been doing??!! Face it the Colts just are not going to do it this year. They will slide in to the playoffs with the remaining schedule (only Dallas should be a concern) and then it will soon be another plane ride home.

We should be careful, he got mad cause he got beat out for carries and spouted off the to media. Not a fan of guys like that.

To his defense, he had every reason to be upset. When the Browns signed him they basically labeled him the #1 and workhorse back. He was injured and then started losing carries from there. He probably felt like Cleveland just gave up on him

He just wants his chance to prove himself after living in Arian Foster's shadow for some of his career

Isn't one running back from the Browns not enough? We can't just keep picking up garbage from the Browns unless it Manziel or Gordon

So you're against picking up a RB who's actually performed in this league but you're for picking up a QB who's an overrated Bench warmer????

What logic are you using????!!!!!

:panic:

RT @MaryKayCabot: #Colts will likely be interested in Ben Tate, but might wait for him to clear waivers. #Broncos not interested.

Seems silly to me.  The only thing we would be on the hook for would be the rest of this year's salary which is 1 million for the full year.

Next year he's at 2.2 million but that's not guaranteed.  Since his signing bonus is paid by the Browns, there is not much there to be on the hook for if you pick him up off of waivers.

To his defense, he had every reason to be upset. When the Browns signed him they basically labeled him the #1 and workhorse back. He was injured and then started losing carries from there. He probably felt like Cleveland just gave up on him

He just wants his chance to prove himself after living in Arian Foster's shadow for some of his career

True but looking at his stats it's not like he was lighting it up.  Only 3.1 yards per carry.  Which is way down from his YPC with the Texans.  

Worth a look for us I think but I'm not sure this guy is going to be the answer to our RB problems.  

The Steelers just released LeGarrette Blount. He'd be a much better fit in our man power scheme than Ben Tate. The question is -- does the front office want to take a chance with either of the trouble makers?

I'd be really happy with Blount signing and ok with Tate as well.

I'd much rather have Blount out of the two.

I agree with that, you can have the 2nd coming of Walter Payton or Barry Sanders and they wouldn't be able to produce behind that line, THAT is the problem that needs to be fixed

Those 2 hall of famers had very poor lines at times and still produced due to the type of backs they were. Tate is not the 2nd coming of them.