Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard

12isthenew18

Where is jskinnz?

Trich has been running really well this year.  Still has some things to work on but the guy is a workhorse if they would let them.  Additionally his receiving and blocking has been top notch.  Too bad fans get so caught up in an idea they can't see what is right in front of them.

Where is jskinnz?

Trich has been running really well this year.  Still has some things to work on but the guy is a workhorse if they would let them.  Additionally his receiving and blocking has been top notch.  Too bad fans get so caught up in an idea they can't see what is right in front of them.

He has been much improved, but I think a lot of that has to do with AB. Having that 1-2 punch has been a good thing.

Not to worry, I'll do it for jskinnz. Ahem. "Dear God". No, Ballard cannot run around on a torn ACL, unless you think a noodle leg will be an asset to a running back. I suppose he could swing it beside him to try and scare people from tackling him while he hops along.

Not to worry, I'll do it for jskinnz. Ahem. "Dear God". No, Ballard cannot run around on a torn ACL, unless you think a noodle leg will be an asset to a running back. I suppose he could swing it beside him to try and scare people from tackling him while he hops along.

For the record, he tore his ACL in 2013.  He tore his Achilles tendon this year.   Seems like it might be easier to come back from that now that the ACL will have had 2 years to heal and the Achilles should healed.   It would probably be less likely to return to form if it was ACL two years in a row.

For the record, he tore his ACL in 2013.  He tore his Achilles tendon this year.   Seems like it might be easier to come back from that now that the ACL will have had 2 years to heal and the Achilles should healed.   It would probably be less likely to return to form if it was ACL two years in a row.

Yeah I forgot about that. Either way he would be hopping around. 

Where is jskinnz?

Reading my mind like the cheap novel that it is!!    :thmup:

Thanks for writing this.    Really well said.     Wish more people thought this way...........

Is there any chance he can play I know what happened with his injury but i'd rather go out there than watch Trent try

You can't be serious.......

Some of these post (not just this) really test whether I should continue reading/posting on this forum..

Your saying you would rather see an injured Ballard try (which isn't possible becuase he is on IR) and go before a healthy T Rich... This has to be a joke.. Unless I'm reading this wrong.

T Rich has been better than half of the other backs in the league this season. Obviously most just have some weird theory in their mind that he is the worst player in NFL history. Just weird to me...

Where is jskinnz?

You mean the 1st round pick we gave up to get him that's what's in front of them  :omg:

I really think if Indy gave Boom or Tipton a real crack at the job T Rich will be on the bench.

He is simply nothing more than a FB type.   He does not scare ANY D in the NFL.    It has been 2 years now and he is who he is.  

I will be shocked if Indy does not burn a top pick on a RB next season.  Coleman in the 3rd would be lovely.

Indy is really going to miss Brad.....

Where is jskinnz?

That pick is meaningless...    Grigs took a big swing and pretty much whiffed.      I love it that he tried.    But half of first rounders EVERY year are average to busts.    And that is being kind.

You mean the 1st round pick we gave up to get him that's what's in front of them  :omg:

Since our O-Line can't run block all the sudden, throw to Richardson out of the backfield. 

The guy is dangerous and hard to bring down in open space. Getting to the open space is the problem, so find a solution to get him there. Why is this so hard for the coaching staff to figure out? 

(even though our RB's have been wide open many times and Luck won't throw it to them) 

As long as Richardson doesn't do the Joseph Addai Happy Feet and actually just takes off and runs when he gets the ball, I still think he can do damage. Brown just took off and did ok, same with Boom. 

Since our O-Line can't run block all the sudden, throw to Richardson out of the backfield.

The guy is dangerous and hard to bring down in open space. Getting to the open space is the problem, so find a solution to get him there. Why is this so hard for the coaching staff to figure out?

(even though our RB's have been wide open many times and Luck won't throw it to them)

As long as Richardson doesn't do the Joseph Addai Happy Feet and actually just takes off and runs when he gets the ball, I still think he can do damage. Brown just took off and did ok, same with Boom.

To their credit, this is the same coaching staff who still trots Nicks out on the field instead of Moncrief and the same staff that pulled the best C we have on the team for a Rookie who made the offensive line look foolish Sunday night

We had at least 6 false starts that didn't get called Sunday. Harrison seriously wasn't paying attention in the huddle when Andrew said "Beard Y Shallow X Ty Goodbye on THREE on THREE. Ready Break!"

To their credit, this is the same coaching staff who still trots Nicks out on the field instead of Moncrief and the same staff that pulled the best C we have on the team for a Rookie who made the offensive line look foolish Sunday night

We had at least 6 false starts that didn't get called Sunday. Harrison seriously wasn't paying attention in the huddle when Andrew said "Beard Y Shallow X Ty Goodbye on THREE on THREE. Ready Break!"

Completely agree......we got quite a few freebies on the false starts. We looked off all all game snapping the ball. 

I really think if Indy gave Boom or Tipton a real crack at the job T Rich will be on the bench.

He is simply nothing more than a FB type.   He does not scare ANY D in the NFL.    It has been 2 years now and he is who he is.  

I will be shocked if Indy does not burn a top pick on a RB next season.  Coleman in the 3rd would be lovely.

I disagree with your first line.  Boom seems like a good back, he has a nice burst through the hole, one of the best I've seen on the Colts for a while but he's easy to bring down.

I disagree with your second line (other than he is who he is.).  I have no illusions that TRich will be an Adrian Peterson or MJD type back but he has shown that he has what it takes to be a 1200 yard a year back with another 500+ in receiving.  But the Colts have no commitment to the running game.  Additionally, even a back like Reggie Bush was considered a bust in NO his first few years where he averaged about 3.7 YPC.  I think players can and do get better and everything I've heard and read indicates that TRich takes his job seriously and works hard to improve.

I would be shocked.

I agree, I as a fan will miss Bradshaw on the field and I'm sure the Colts will miss him in the field.  He was a vital part of the offense.  But he is not irreplaceable.

If Coleman goes in the 3rd to Indy I would be a happy camper dude is stud makes plays out of nothing . can't say enough about him just hope Indiana doesn't wear him out since he is the offense .

No many people understand how important a oline is to a rbs success.. stop all the complaints and whinning about t rich like he has no talent, its gettin down right exhausting. If you really think he has no talents go to youtube and look at his rookie year and college days. When he has a somewhat decent line he runs great

No many people understand how important a oline is to a rbs success.. stop all the complaints and whinning about t rich like he has no talent, its gettin down right exhausting. If you really think he has no talents go to youtube and look at his rookie year and college days. When he has a somewhat decent line he runs great

Seriously ??? If we judge someones NFL ability by their youtube college highlights than we need to bring back a lot of college stars who washed out of the NFL because they looked good in college and on youtube .... ridiculous!!

Funny but for all the moaning about Trich, he's been the most steady back since he arrived. Brown? Gone. Ballard? Two year two injuries. Bradshaw. See Ballard. Time to to embrace Trich as one of our own.

Lol so Brown isn't "steady" because he is no longer with the team? I don't think you can hold that against him.

He's never injured and remains a far better player than Richardson.

Lol so Brown isn't "steady" because he is no longer with the team? I don't think you can hold that against him.

He's never injured and remains a far better player than Richardson.[/quote

Donald Brown was the scourge of the Colts forum since he was drafted up until his final season here where he finally had decent running stats. Even then, his blocking was no more that a red cape whipping in the face of a charging bull. The selective memories around here are amazing. The point is TRich is here, and it's past time to get behind him as he's one of our own.

I don't understand the "get behind a player" thing.

If we all say "go (whoever)" will the player improve ?

Just because a player is signed or drafted by your team doesn't mean you have to like him or sing his praises. You can call out a bad player and only praise the good if you like, doesn't make you any less of a fan.

I think pretty much all NFL players try to play at their highest level. Sandbagging it or mailing it in isn't gonna get you the fame and big money they all joined the league for.

I think everyone is doing there best regardless if the fans like them or dont.

So I'm not sure what getting behind a player or supporting a player is supposed to do.

Turning a blind eye to reality isn't gonna win any more games then being critical of someone. If a player gets his feelings hurt by something said on a forum then he probably won't last long in the NFL.