Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

grigs

OLD FAN MAN

I love how everyone still holds onto Richardson as his bad move, yet everyone forgets we got Davis for a 2nd rd pick, Freeman was plucked out of Canada, got Josh Chapman, Newsome, not to mention Allen, TY.  Yep, Grigs and co should be fired.  Lets have a forum vote and whoever gets the most votes, can un-stick themselves from their couches, beers and keyboards and show these athletes what the coaches apparently can't. 

Some people are so ungrateful.  You should count your blessings, with my wifes' side of the family being Raider fans, you truly don't know despair as an NFL fan.  In the post decade we have had 1 losing season.  In that same span, the best the raiders have been. . . . (drumroll please) A .500 club once.  If that doesn't provide you with some context and appreciation, well then, my suggestion would be; please choose a different team to root for.  Oh boo hoo, were 6-4 and just got beat by a good NE team.

SMH its almost better to come to this site during the offseason, more even-keeled people who want to discuss how the team can change and get better vs. Fire! Fire! Fire! Trent's a bust! Fire! Fire! Fire! Pep sucks! Grigs sucks! we run too much! we pass to much!  Pags sucks! Werner Sucks! Irsay sucks! Fire! Fire! Fire

Did i miss anyone?

colts have it easy conf.  in the afc . automatic 9 to 10 wins a above avg team.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how everyone still holds onto Richardson as his bad move, yet everyone forgets we got Davis for a 2nd rd pick, Freeman was plucked out of Canada, got Josh Chapman, Newsome, not to mention Allen, TY.  Yep, Grigs and co should be fired.  Lets have a forum vote and whoever gets the most votes, can un-stick themselves from their couches, beers and keyboards and show these athletes what the coaches apparently can't. 

Some people are so ungrateful.  You should count your blessings, with my wifes' side of the family being Raider fans, you truly don't know despair as an NFL fan.  In the post decade we have had 1 losing season.  In that same span, the best the raiders have been. . . . (drumroll please) A .500 club once.  If that doesn't provide you with some context and appreciation, well then, my suggestion would be; please choose a different team to root for.  Oh boo hoo, were 6-4 and just got beat by a good NE team.

SMH its almost better to come to this site during the offseason, more even-keeled people who want to discuss how the team can change and get better vs. Fire! Fire! Fire! Trent's a bust! Fire! Fire! Fire! Pep sucks! Grigs sucks! we run too much! we pass to much!  Pags sucks! Werner Sucks! Irsay sucks! Fire! Fire! Fire

Did i miss anyone?

Landry you left him out.

We are young on the O Line 2 rookies and a 2nd year guy. We had 5 picks in this years draft only 2 in the first 3 rounds. It would look like at least 3 are keepers. Then he hit with UDFA's as well Grigs is doing fine.

This happens after every loss. After every win we have the best team since.... It's a bipolar board 

Landry you left him out.

We are young on the O Line 2 rookies and a 2nd year guy. We had 5 picks in this years draft only 2 in the first 3 rounds. It would look like at least 3 are keepers. Then he hit with UDFA's as well Grigs is doing fine.

This happens after every loss. After every win we have the best team since.... It's a bipolar board

Bipolar board is soooooo appropriate!

Don't forget the chicken Little's! The sky is falling!

Did i miss anyone?

I could have not said it any better than that. Just keep in mind that 'fan' is short for fanatic. Nothing is more true.

poor o-line ,poor talent level, poor defense ,poor coaching, poor trades, poor draft picks, it all comes back to grigs he is driving the train

Every statement is true, however,  the O line is young and has shown signs of improvement (just not Sunday) The Defense has had many games where they have played very well. The coaching has been very good.... at times.

Poor trades? Richardson, and the Hughes trade are great examples of bad trades but then there is the Davis trade

that looks great. His first draft was very good. The second, while not looking stellar, is still too early to judge.

And this year with Mewhort, Moncrief and Newsome looks pretty solid.

So, Grigs falls into the category GM like every other. Polian made mistakes, Belichick. made mistakes Ozzie Newsome has made mistakes and on and on. Let's see where we are this time next year and we will see if the train is moving in the right direction. I have faith, not blind faith but faith non the less.

The talent is on the team, it's the frickin' coaching that sux!

Heres the Deal. This game is indicative of one thing that remains constant in Colts/Patriots matchups. Its belief. The Patriots just believe that they will work harder, hit harder, outplay the Colts every time they play. Even in the Colts victories, they usually come very hard fought, and very SELDOM do the Colts just kick the Patriots butt like the Patriots always seem to do to the Colts. Its mental now. No matter who lines up against the Colts, they turn into world beaters and look like Walter Peyton against this team because of a belief system that Bill B. instills in his team. There is NO way that this team should systematically destroy ANY Colts team, no matter who's playing every year unless its mental.

The Colts hope they'll beat the Patriots, while the Patriots BELIEVE they will always beat the Colts. And that's on the coaching staff. Every time I see this going on, I realize that Bruce Arians is the ONLY coach that the Colts have had in recent years that can change their BELIEF system. Chuck P is a nice guy and all, but he has NO clue about motivation outside of the usual cliches. Hes trying his best and I wish him well, but he has failed miserably to motivate this team properly to perform at the level of greatness required to change the mindset of this team, The same teams that have owned us in the past STILL own us. Steelers, Patriots, etc. And these are the teams we have to go through. Trust me, the Steelers will be there at the end. And we aren't even competitive with these teams on the road and against the Patriots, at home either.

So, although I see whats happening, if the team can understand that they don't have to fire any body or do anything drastic, this wasn't about preparation or the lack thereof. They have to understand the power of the mind to do great things. Because that's the only solution to this beat-down the Patriots consistently give the Colts. The mental determines the physical. Just like Morpheus said to Neo in the Matrix....you cant think you are the best, you have to KNOW you are...believe. The Colts have got to let go of fear, doubt and disbelief. Only great coaching can do that and unfortunately, the guy that can do that, in my opinion, is now in Arizona.

The Colts were prepared. They just couldn't execute mentally. They didn't believe they could get the prepared plan done or they would have. Its as simple as that.

They were prepared for NE aerial assault but I don't think they watched any film on their ground game.

They were prepared for NE aerial assault but I don't think they watched any film on their ground game.

Dude. Are you serious? You mean to tell me that YOU BELIEVE that this Colts staff didn't have sense enough to look at the exact game plan that the Patriots used against them just the last time that same team used it against them successfully in the PLAYOFFS and try to prepare for that? 

Heres the Deal. This game is indicative of one thing that remains constant in Colts/Patriots matchups. Its belief. The Patriots just believe that they will work harder, hit harder, outplay the Colts every time they play. Even in the Colts victories, they usually come very hard fought, and very SELDOM do the Colts just kick the Patriots butt like the Patriots always seem to do to the Colts. Its mental now. No matter who lines up against the Colts, they turn into world beaters and look like Walter Peyton against this team because of a belief system that Bill B. instills in his team. There is NO way that this team should systematically destroy ANY Colts team, no matter who's playing every year unless its mental.

The Colts hope they'll beat the Patriots, while the Patriots BELIEVE they will always beat the Colts. And that's on the coaching staff. Every time I see this going on, I realize that Bruce Arians is the ONLY coach that the Colts have had in recent years that can change their BELIEF system. Chuck P is a nice guy and all, but he has NO clue about motivation outside of the usual cliches. Hes trying his best and I wish him well, but he has failed miserably to motivate this team properly to perform at the level of greatness required to change the mindset of this team, The same teams that have owned us in the past STILL own us. Steelers, Patriots, etc. And these are the teams we have to go through. Trust me, the Steelers will be there at the end. And we aren't even competitive with these teams on the road and against the Patriots, at home either.

So, although I see whats happening, if the team can understand that they don't have to fire any body or do anything drastic, this wasn't about preparation or the lack thereof. They have to understand the power of the mind to do great things. Because that's the only solution to this beat-down the Patriots consistently give the Colts. The mental determines the physical. Just like Morpheus said to Neo in the Matrix....you cant think you are the best, you have to KNOW you are...believe. The Colts have got to let go of fear, doubt and disbelief. Only great coaching can do that and unfortunately, the guy that can do that, in my opinion, is now in Arizona.

The amount of "new age" nonsense in this post in off the charts. 

The amount of "new age" nonsense in this post in off the charts. 

Well, I take it that you have achieved tremendous success in whatever you do without having any mental belief that you can make it happen. I would be honored to know your assessment of how you know of a means to have performed 'over your head' in life. Care to share that with the masses?

Well, I take it that you have achieved tremendous success in whatever you do without having any mental belief that you can make it happen. I would be honored to know your assessment of how you know of a means to have performed 'over your head' in life. Care to share that with the masses?

Working in the mental health field for over 10 years qualifies me to diagnose new age crap thanks.

Your post is filled with philosophical nonsense, and not related to any empirical proof, or anything that has to do with what took place on Sunday night.

If placebo "good vibes" help you. More power to you. But it's not grounded in science or fact.

I'm not going to say Grigs is great but I don't think he is horrible either. I wish we scouted better but I would probably think that regardless of who the GM is. The thing is I think the immediate success in 2012 gave us too high of expectations for the Colts. In 2012 we did almost a complete 180 on both sides of the ball about what kind of team we wanted to be. We had a potentially great QB prospect, 2 good vets playing well despite being on the wrong side of 30, a second year LT and some backups/rotational/special teams guys. We were almost an expansion team. Since then Grigs has signed a lot of people, mostly because we had positions that need to be filled with a body. Most of these contracts have been crafted in a way that allows the team to cut them after a year or two. I think their plan has always been to plug in some middle tier guys that can play a few years until they find young guys in the draft to replace them because you can't fill an entire team with good talent in 1 offseason or even 3 when you are starting essentially from scratch.

Working in the mental health field for over 10 years qualifies me to diagnose new age crap thanks.

Your post is filled with philosophical nonsense, and not related to any empirical proof, or anything that has to do with what took place on Sunday night.

If placebo "good vibes" help you. More power to you. But it's not grounded in science or fact.

Is this philosophy related to the A Gap or B Gap?  The 3-4 or 4-3?  Unitas?  Peyton?  Luck?   :lol:

Fun stuff!!!

Dude. Are you serious? You mean to tell me that YOU BELIEVE that this Colts staff didn't have sense enough to look at the exact game plan that the Patriots used against them just the last time that same team used it against them successfully in the PLAYOFFS and try to prepare for that? 

I mean I watched both games. If they did look at the game plan they apparently decided to do exactly the same thing on defense. If you are prepared then that doesn't happen, and if it does you should be able to make adjustments. They looked lost.

I think some people fail to appreciate how difficult it is to switch offensive and defensive philosophies.  Grigsons signings were twofold:  Get someone who could play the offense and defense he and Irsay want, and don't break the bank.

Get back from 2-14 into a competent team quickly...but to have a super bowl contending team this quickly is unrealistic, especially since other teams are loading up for their old QBs last hurrah.

I think some people fail to appreciate how difficult it is to switch offensive and defensive philosophies. Grigsons signings were twofold: Get someone who could play the offense and defense he and Irsay want, and don't break the bank.

Get back from 2-14 into a competent team quickly...but to have a super bowl contending team this quickly is unrealistic, especially since other teams are loading up for their old QBs last hurrah.

It is not unrealisitc...

When did Deepak Chopra start posting?

You guys are ahead of the monster building process....  Started winning games at a better than expected paste.   Almost reminds me of Houston when people were saying the were ready to kick the door in and become superbowl bound.  The went downhill quick!!!!   I dont see that happening with the Colts...   Just dont expect the big prize for another 2yrs or so....   PHYCIAL INSIDE LB'S wanted!!!   One more PASS RUSHING OLB that puts fear in offensive coaches!!!   And until you guys can run the ball to get first downs instead of relying on the pass Man!!!  My Gaints have the same issues as you guys.  The differents is if you pressure Eli picks are coming.   Its not to hard to gameplan against you guys,  Get them to abandon the run and lets see if we can cover the passing game

Yada Yada...10 years in the mental health field with nothing to show for it as opposed to someone that's a highly decorated veteran for over 20 years in the United states Military serving with such professional leaders and winners as the SEAL team and Marines. You make your obvious insecurities even more transparent by trying to make your argument scientific and suggesting someone needs "empirical proof" in a fan forum. If you want to feel like a man by trying to disprove my point, go right ahead, dude.  I served to give people like you the right to do so. Gung Ho

You guys are ahead of the monster building process....  Started winning games at a better than expected paste.   Almost reminds me of Houston when people were saying the were ready to kick the door in and become superbowl bound.  The went downhill quick!!!!   I dont see that happening with the Colts...   Just dont expect the big prize for another 2yrs or so....   PHYCIAL INSIDE LB'S wanted!!!   One more PASS RUSHING OLB that puts fear in offensive coaches!!!   And until you guys can run the ball to get first downs instead of relying on the pass Man!!!  My Gaints have the same issues as you guys.  The differents is if you pressure Eli picks are coming.   Its not to hard to gameplan against you guys,  Get them to abandon the run and lets see if we can cover the passing game

Agreed totally.  But one dimensional thumpers are not needed.  Talent to stuff and cover comes with a high draft position price.

Yada Yada...10 years in the mental health field with nothing to show for it as opposed to someone that's a highly decorated veteran for over 20 years in the United states Military serving with such professional leaders and winners as the SEAL team and Marines. You make your obvious insecurities even more transparent by trying to make your argument scientific and suggesting someone needs "empirical proof" in a fan forum. If you want to feel like a man by trying to disprove my point, go right ahead, dude.  I served to give people like you the right to do so. Gung Ho

To be fair, "Yada Yada" could equally said about your posts. Your opinion when it comes to football is no better than the next, unless you have also spent 20 plus years coaching football at a high level. Moreover, your comments about Pagano are ridiculous, the truth is you have absolutely no idea what Pagano's ability to motivate is.

Remember when Grigson was said to be an O-line guru on these boards?

I really don't know why, he is a failed former player on the O-line.

1. Don't believe everything you read on a message board.

2. What does a failed former player have to do with GM capabilities?

Pretty funny post otherwise.

Tough crowd. Grigson, IMO, has done a stellar job.  He's still a young guy.  Give him a chance to learn and get better.  I don't think Jim Irsay will let this organization sink. Our owner knows what opportunities we have with #12 behind center.  He already has much regret about not getting more than one championship with Manning.  Do you think he's going to let that happen with Luck?

Col. Jessup, welcome to the forum.

SEALs < Cub Scouts

Yada Yada...10 years in the mental health field with nothing to show for it as opposed to someone that's a highly decorated veteran for over 20 years in the United states Military serving with such professional leaders and winners as the SEAL team and Marines. You make your obvious insecurities even more transparent by trying to make your argument scientific and suggesting someone needs "empirical proof" in a fan forum. If you want to feel like a man by trying to disprove my point, go right ahead, dude. I served to give people like you the right to do so. Gung Ho

haha. So because you know you're full of crap, it's easier to puff out your chest and act tough.

Trust me if I had to defend hippie new age stuff. I would do the same thing.