Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

grigs

OLD FAN MAN

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

poor o-line ,poor talent level, poor defense ,poor coaching, poor trades, poor draft picks, it all comes back to grigs he is driving the train

Don't know if the "poor draft picks " is fair. I agree that he didn't get a lotta bang for the buck in sending Irsay's 100 million.

11-5, 11-5, and this year 12-4 or 11-5.  He has doomed the franchise.  Let Jim Irsay be the GM too!!!  NOT!   :sarcasm:

The problem with that reasoning is the fact that we are in the AFC South, which is the laughing stock of the league for the last few years.  If we were in any other division, I don't think we'd have a winning record.

Don't know if the "poor draft picks " is fair. I agree that he didn't get a lotta bang for the buck in sending Irsay's 100 million.

you are right he made some good picks, 2012 was a no brainer, but he has made some bad picks on the lines, the skill positions he did better, but he is to blame for the poor talent, without luck how good would we be? could we win with drew Stanton?

you are right he made some good picks, 2012 was a no brainer, but he has made some bad picks on the lines, the skill positions he did better, but he is to blame for the poor talent, without luck how good would we be? could we win with drew Stanton?

They all make some bad picks and you have to credit him for some pretty goof RFA signings. Could we win with Drew Stanton ? Nope . Crazy thing is this so far appears to be more of the same for Indy fans. Other than a year or two , Manning pretty much took the team on his shoulders and carried it. No doubt that it's more of the same with Andrew. I think Irsay's patience with this will be very limited. Other words . it would not shock me if Grigson and or Pagano get a hook way sooner than most would expect.

They all make some bad picks and you have to credit him for some pretty goof RFA signings. Could we win with Drew Stanton ? Nope . Crazy thing is this so far appears to be more of the same for Indy fans. Other than a year or two , Manning pretty much took the team on his shoulders and carried it. No doubt that it's more of the same with Andrew. I think Irsay's patience with this will be very limited. Other words . it would not shock me if Grigson and or Pagano get a hook way sooner than most would expect.

I agree

The problem with that reasoning is the fact that we are in the AFC South, which is the laughing stock of the league for the last few years.  If we were in any other division, I don't think we'd have a winning record.

It is all cyclical....not our fault we are in this division.  It is what it is.   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe: !!!

Let's be honest. Many of the same problems that we had when Grigson arrived are still issues to this day. We don't have any one who can create a pass rush. We have given up a great amount of draft value to bring in guys like Trent Richardson, Khaled Holmes and Montori Hughes. Heyward-Bey and Hakeem Nicks were busts. Missed on Samson Satele, Donald Thomas and Phil Costa. The offense line hasn't improved much during his tenure. We we're going to be a team that "runs the ball and stops the run." The Colts consistently do neither against good teams. The defensive backs are improved but what other position is that much better off? I know they have to have some sort of plan but shouldn't the Colts be further along than this at this point? The best free agent signings that Grigson has had were arguably Greg Toler and then who? Mike Adams? He had a golden opportunity to build a solid squad around an underpaid QB and so far he has blown it. Colts will win the division and probably beat a Miami or Cleveland in the first round of the playoffs at home before losing to the Pats or Broncos by multiple scores in the second round. Same story different year.

Let's be honest. Many of the same problems that we had when Grigson arrived are still issues to this day. We don't have any one who can create a pass rush. We have given up a great amount of draft value to bring in guys like Trent Richardson, Khaled Holmes and Montori Hughes. Heyward-Bey and Hakeem Nicks were busts. Missed on Samson Satele, Donald Thomas and Phil Costa. The offense line hasn't improved much during his tenure. We we're going to be a team that "runs the ball and stops the run." The Colts consistently do neither against good teams. The defensive backs are improved but what other position is that much better off? I know they have to have some sort of plan but shouldn't the Colts be further along than this at this point? The best free agent signings that Grigson has had were arguably Greg Toler and then who? Mike Adams? He had a golden opportunity to build a solid squad around an underpaid QB and so far he has blown it. Colts will win the division and probably beat a Miami or Cleveland in the first round of the playoffs at home before losing to the Pats or Broncos by multiple scores in the second round. Same story different year.

Greg Toler isn't even that good either.

Wow first of all, secondly too early to call draft picks bust. One poor trade in Richardson which is still questionable as he has still been producing. O-line is playing Decent Keep in mind there are 2 rookies starting in that lineup.

O-line is not playing decent when they play real good teams.  Under 20 yards rushing last night does not indicate a decent O-line.  I like Castanzo and that's about it.  

poor o-line ,poor talent level, poor defense ,poor coaching, poor trades, poor draft picks, it all comes back to grigs he is driving the train

The reason Griggs and Pags were brought in was to change what the previous regime built, and that was a team reliant on an elite QB to get them by.  Things haven't really changed in the 3 years since these guys have been in charge.  Griggs had a lot of money to spend and overspent for some average talent.  The TR trade reeked of desperation and Griggs just threw away a #1 pick on a back the Browns couldn't wait to get rid of.  Can't believe Irsay is a happy camper today. 

It's not merely coaches getting fired - that doesn't really accomplish anything.  It's who better you can get to replace them, and how they go about improving the performance of the team by their strategies, tactics and player education.  No one can ever reach their potential without good coaching - including Andrew Luck.

Tony Dungy was considered a good coach because he had Peyton Manning. But he got fired in Tampa for some reason. The Colts play of his era were frustrating at best. Then came Jim Caldwell, then Chuck Pagano and crew - good, but not great.  There are no guarantees, but picking excellent coaches doesn't seem to be the Colt's strongest suits. Mr. Grigson and Mr. Irsay, I'd say you have some serious analysis and research to do. If you decide to make a change, make a change for the better.

Can NFL team trade coaches? Pagano for Jim Harbaugh? Wouldn't be a bad trade..both winning head coaches plus Harbaugh have connections to Luck.

The Colts would more likely win a title with Harbaugh than Pags. Harbaugh used to be a Colt

so it wouldn't be that much of a life changing experience for him.

I like Pags as a person but he just can't get his guys motivated for big games like Harbaugh would.

The Colts would more likely win a title with Harbaugh than Pags. Harbaugh used to be a Colt

so it wouldn't be that much of a life changing experience for him.

I like Pags as a person but he just can't get his guys motivated for big games like Harbaugh would.

It's not motivation, it's preparation.

easy conf in nfl.  why we make too playoffs.

first all we are in afc not nfc .

I love how everyone still holds onto Richardson as his bad move, yet everyone forgets we got Davis for a 2nd rd pick, Freeman was plucked out of Canada, got Josh Chapman, Newsome, not to mention Allen, TY.  Yep, Grigs and co should be fired.  Lets have a forum vote and whoever gets the most votes, can un-stick themselves from their couches, beers and keyboards and show these athletes what the coaches apparently can't. 

Some people are so ungrateful.  You should count your blessings, with my wifes' side of the family being Raider fans, you truly don't know despair as an NFL fan.  In the post decade we have had 1 losing season.  In that same span, the best the raiders have been. . . . (drumroll please) A .500 club once.  If that doesn't provide you with some context and appreciation, well then, my suggestion would be; please choose a different team to root for.  Oh boo hoo, were 6-4 and just got beat by a good NE team.

SMH its almost better to come to this site during the offseason, more even-keeled people who want to discuss how the team can change and get better vs. Fire! Fire! Fire! Trent's a bust! Fire! Fire! Fire! Pep sucks! Grigs sucks! we run too much! we pass to much!  Pags sucks! Werner Sucks! Irsay sucks! Fire! Fire! Fire

Did i miss anyone?