Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unpopular Opinion thread

Dustin

Brady's line played badly the first 4 games. The last two , it's been better. Manning had some really horrific no talent lines with two bad guards and lousy (C Johnson and Diem) tackles to boot. Brady's line was in disarray for Miami and KC and has since come together.

Last week Brady had 3 rookies playing on the interior of his line............

60% of his line was rookies, and you're trying to say hes got a great offensive line?

Wow.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.Antoine Bethea has been a top Safety in the league for years....When its only been 2 years that he had were great

2.Trent Richardson is just not a good RB and is the worst Back on our roster

3.We traded a pro bowl potential pass rusher in Jerry Hughes...I think he will make one...certainly put up the numbers deserving of one

4.Greg Toler is not a legit #2 Corner

5.We should replace Coby with another TE with the skillset of Dwayne Allen...A TE that can pass/run block who is not a speed threat nor does he have the all around athleticism of Coby but is an all around better TE

But Hughes didn't produce here...

;)

"We" was being used to create a societal narrative of a shared responsibility, to be honest about the past of the same country many of us like to pretend to celebrate on the 4th of July when we're launching fireworks all about. You know, the kind of thing that is intrinsic unto every American that waves a flag in their yard or slaps one on the back of their car?

To call yourself an American, you must come to terms not just with all the majesty and exceptional history of the land, but also the atrocities and horrors the people of this land perpetrated.

You people, call yourself Americans right up until the point where you have to stare the ugly in the face. Look at it, stare it down next time you think you're so frickin' slick for buying an American Flag.

Yeah I'm 100% American but my mom is Greek and dad Argentine. I can assure you my ancestors did not enslave or slaughter any native Americans.

The Dallas Cowboys are an average team.

Their defense is very vulnerable as the yards per play stat (6.1) shows...

Calling them a top team assumes that Seattle is a top team. Otherwise, who have they beaten.

I still don't think Dallas is a division champ and they are not sure to be a playoff team

Last week Brady had 3 rookies playing on the interior of his line............

60% of his line was rookies, and you're trying to say hes got a great offensive line?

Wow.

Try to be a big boy. Where did I say "he's got a great offensive line." What I said was the line was terrible in some of the early games but  has not been bad the last two games. Last I looked at the depth chart , they have one rookie starting. Because they have some rookies getting snaps is no big deal. My point is no doubt valid when I say that Brady has had better lines through the years than Manning. 

Btw.. just for the record the Colts START two rookies inside , one being undrafted. Plus the other guard is a very iffy second year guy.

Calling them a top team assumes that Seattle is a top team. Otherwise, who have they beaten.

I still don't think Dallas is a division champ and they are not sure to be a playoff team

I say the same thing about the Chargers.  They beat Seattle, lost to Arizona, and beat a bunch of bad teams (Bills, Jaguars, Jets, and Raiders [who should have beaten them]).

Outside of Indy and Denver, Who is playing better than the cowboys right now?

Brett Favre is underrated and gets blamed for way to many games that the Packers lost at the end. The old NFC Central was madness. The 4th team in that division's record would win the NFC North now and the 5th team was sometimes 7-9. It wasn't just a bunch of points either. It was Derrick Brooks, John Randle, Warren Sapp etc. And they had to play the Cowboys and 49ers every year before the playoffs were being thought about.

A game he gets wrongfully blamed for, for instance, is the 2007 Giants game. His team didn't show up. They didn't show up the week before either but Favre took the game over when it was 0-14 and won it. An interception is the only thing that the Packers hadn't already done to give the Giants game away.

I agree that the Redskins name is fine.

I don't agree about the RGIII hate. He hurt his knee and has struggled since. That's all that happened.

Tom Brady is the most overrated player in NFL history.  Ever since he has been asked to carry the load for New England, he has fallen flat on his face in the playoffs.

By continuing to go to multiple AFCCG's and SB's? He was asked to carry the load from day 1. 

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, October 20, 2014 - discussing moderation
Hidden by Nadine, October 20, 2014 - discussing moderation

This thread like many others on here has devolved into more of the same stupidity that makes this forum so bad.

Meh its bad no doubt.....pathetic even, But its not unlike most other forums......Get a bunch of people together and your going to get some people that look like adults but there minds are pre adolescents.... teenagers are on here I think actually....Its on all forums I have been to...just have to look past it and don't feed into it. No question it ruined some very good forum topics over the 2+ years I have been here....Does tend to * me off from time to time
Posted · Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 20, 2014 - Commenting on Moderation
Hidden by SteelCityColt, October 20, 2014 - Commenting on Moderation

Meh its bad no doubt.....pathetic even, But its not unlike most other forums......Get a bunch of people together and your going to get some people that look like adults but there minds are pre adolescents....There teenagers on here I think actually....Its on all forums I have been to...just have to look past it and don't feed into it. No question it ruined some very good forum topics over the 2+ years I have been here....Does tend to * me off from time to time

The whole thing sucks along with the mods here who seem to focus on banning some while letting the worst of the worst keeep ruining good conversations by bringing up the same stupid stuff constantly... because they know some people will bite. Here is an unpopular opinion because it will make them all mad, but the community mods on this site all need to go. Get a real team rep to mod it... and crack down.

Brett Favre is underrated and gets blamed for way to many games that the Packers lost at the end. The old NFC Central was madness. The 4th team in that division's record would win the NFC North now and the 5th team was sometimes 7-9. It wasn't just a bunch of points either. It was Derrick Brooks, John Randle, Warren Sapp etc. And they had to play the Cowboys and 49ers every year before the playoffs were being thought about.

A game he gets wrongfully blamed for, for instance, is the 2007 Giants game. His team didn't show up. They didn't show up the week before either but Favre took the game over when it was 0-14 and won it. An interception is the only thing that the Packers hadn't already done to give the Giants game away.

I agree that the Redskins name is fine.

I don't agree about the RGIII hate. He hurt his knee and has struggled since. That's all that happened.

Because Favre was so great, you always expected him to win at the end when he had the chance. At times he could just not take the safe play and forced it but it was that same mentality that also helped him be one of the best players of all time. I do not think he is underrated at all but he could have won more big games if he played better. Not sure if that can be denied.

I have a few opinions which are no doubt unpopular.

1) I absolutely hate night games.  The only way I can get past half time is to record them and then watch in morning.

2) I don't like the playoffs and haven't since I was a kid.  I think a 3 game single elimination tournament played in terrible conditions with many key players injured is a much less reliable way to crown the best team in the league the champion than the 16 game regular season played in much better conditions with far fewer critical injuries.

3. I think Super Bowls are a horrible measure of quarterback play. 

In the entire Super Bowl Era only 5 1st Team All Pro quarterbacks have won the Super Bowl.

1978 Bradshaw, 1989 Montana, 1994 Young, 1996 Favre, 1999 Warner

Super Bowl championships are about defense not quarterback play.

I'm with you on #1.  I either have to sacrifice sleep to see them or I have to miss half the game.

That's not an unpopular opinion. Its a bit premature though

I don't think so. Barring an injury in the next year or so, he's swinging into his prime now. People had to gameplan for Dwight Freeney, and JJ Watt is just so much more devastating than Freeney ever was. To top everything else off though- JJ Watt is doing this in an era where defense is neutered by the rules. Imagine what Watt could do with a head slap like Jones. 

I don't think so. Barring an injury in the next year or so, he's swinging into his prime now. People had to gameplan for Dwight Freeney, and JJ Watt is just so much more devastating than Freeney ever was. To top everything else off though- JJ Watt is doing this in an era where defense is neutered by the rules. Imagine what Watt could do with a head slap like Jones.

He is a great player, but he is only 3 and a half seasons in. He's got a long way to go

Because Favre was so great, you always expected him to win at the end when he had the chance. At times he could just not take the safe play and forced it but it was that same mentality that also helped him be one of the best players of all time. I do not think he is underrated at all but he could have won more big games if he played better. Not sure if that can be denied.

Well everybody could have won more if they played better. Favre lost some big games singlehandedly (Rams playoff game) but not most of the games he gets blamed for. Also I would rather play to win until the gun than to not-lose if that makes any sense (Rodgers, Brady and Manning at times).

It is Adrian Peterson's fault the Vikings lost the NFCCG vs the Saints not Brett Favre even though his pick at the end was the worst decision ever made in a playoff game.

Not sure it was the worst. The Vikings needed to get some extra yardage for a FG....asking your kicker to nail a 55 yarder to win the NFC championship is a tall order.

Demarco Murray is by far the best running back in NFL

Don't know about that. He is getting more carries and more yards before contact than any RB in the league. The Cowboys invested in the offensive line and it's paying off.

Don't know about that. He is getting more carries and more yards before contact than any RB in the league. The Cowboys invested in the offensive line and it's paying off.

I keep saying to myself at some point something has got to give, he can't keep running at that level with that many carries. I mean he's on course to break the attempts for a season record (I get 427 as a current pro rata), which I really can't see given his injury record.

Either he gets hurt or they realise they might need to rest him up some for the playoffs. 

He was limping down the field in between plays on that last drive. There was no way he was running. That's why they tried the Sam Wyche trick play that everybody forgets about. Another thing everybody forgets it that Sidney Rice ran the route wrong according to Favre, in the only instance I know of that he threw a teammate under the bus so it must have been true.

JJ Watt is the best defensive player in the history of the NFL. Yes, I would rather start a defense with him over Deacon Jones, Deion Sanders, Reggie White or Lawrence Taylor. 

I'm sorry we where looking for unpopular opinions!

I agree with you by the way, but this opinion is hardly unpopular.  If JJ Watt doesn't get beat by injuries he will retire as a legendary player, not just a first ballot hall of famer.  

Tom Brady is the most overrated player in NFL history.  Ever since he has been asked to carry the load for New England, he has fallen flat on his face in the playoffs.

Yet when administered a healthy dose of sodium pentothal, 9 out of 10 Indianapolis Colts fans would admit that (to this point) they would prefer to have Brady's career over Manning's. 

(I made that up. But I bet it's close.)