Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unpopular Opinion thread

Dustin

Certainly not worth a first round pick but I think he'll stay in the league after his contract is up as a 3rd down back. 

He can block, he can catch, and he's dangerous in the open field.  But no he's not a guy you hand the ball off to a lot because he can't find the hole.

Yet, the Colts use Bradshaw more often on 3rd down. Richardson will make a roster....that's about it.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet, the Colts use Bradshaw more often on 3rd down. Richardson will make a roster....that's about it.

Well the problem is essentially that we have 2 3rd down backs.  Bradshaw breaks easier so he can't be the primary back. 

But say we had T-Rich and an actual primary back that can find the hole and run the ball but no Bradshaw.  T-Rich would be the 3rd down back. 

Because he's a bust people don't pay attention to the fact that there are a few things that he does do well. 

Well the problem is essentially that we have 2 3rd down backs.  Bradshaw breaks easier so he can't be the primary back. 

But say we had T-Rich and an actual primary back that can find the hole and run the ball but no Bradshaw.  T-Rich would be the 3rd down back. 

Because he's a bust people don't pay attention to the fact that there are a few things that he does do well.

He's not so good at it that teams are going to seek him out for that role.

1. The picks bother me but a lot of them havn't been his fault. Tipped balls that lead to INt's are gonna happen.

2. He hasn't been recently, Brady gets a pass because he won 3 SB's but he hasn't done much after that.

Over his career he has been. Even recently, with his team in a hole and with a crappy oline, hodgepodge receivers, injured rb he's helped dig them out in a big way.

Over his career he has been. Even recently, with his team in a hole and with a crappy oline, hodgepodge receivers, injured rb he's helped dig them out in a big way.

Manning played with many more "crappy O lines" than Brady has. Try about 5 years for Manning and 4 games for Brady.

That crappy line has allowed him to stand like a statue and survey the field .

Manning played with many more "crappy O lines" than Brady has. Try about 5 years for Manning and 4 games for Brady.

Getting feisty, are we? Brady's Oline hasn't changed this season and it was crappy last season too and was not great at the beginning of his career either.

Shall we compare offensive skill weapons? Manning has had 16 years of great players to Brady's 1.

Getting feisty, are we? Brady's Oline hasn't changed this season and it was crappy last season too and was not great at the beginning of his career either.

Shall we compare offensive skill weapons? Manning has had 16 years of great players to Brady's 1.

Brady's line played badly the first 4 games. The last two , it's been better. Manning had some really horrific no talent lines with two bad guards and lousy (C Johnson and Diem) tackles to boot. Brady's line was in disarray for Miami and KC and has since come together. 

As to the great players , it's strange that they follow Peyton Manning around where ever he goes......hmmm. BTW.. this is not a biased opinion. I'm a Colt fan and could really care less if Peyton ever throws another TD pass. But I will say that he is amazing to be this good as he's now a 38 year old statue with a ridiculous arm. 

Brady's line played badly the first 4 games. The last two , it's been better. Manning had some really horrific no talent lines with two bad guards and lousy (C Johnson and Diem) tackles to boot. Brady's line was in disarray for Miami and KC and has since come together. 

As to the great players , it's strange that they follow Peyton Manning around where ever he goes......hmmm. BTW.. this is not a biased opinion. I'm a Colt fan and could really care less if Peyton ever throws another TD pass. But I will say that he is amazing to be this good as he's now a 38 year old statue with a ridiculous arm. 

Yeah, I was just busting your chops. This Pats Oline is devoid of a lot of talent. It will struggle all year but Brady will help with his ninja moves from the pocket to buy time. ;)

Let me ask you. Do you think Manning has had quality head coaches his career? Honestly, I think he has had clowns especially compared to Belichick. I know some Colts fans liked Dungy a lot but I was never a fan for a myriad of reasons and I really can't stand Fox at all. Of course he did have Tom Moore as his OC who gave him his Indy offense and now only 2 TDs from the all the time TD record. But really Moore has been about it and probably the best argument for Colts fan IMO when comparing Brady and Manning.

Yeah, I was just busting your chops. This Pats Oline is devoid of a lot of talent. It will struggle all year but Brady will help with his ninja moves from the pocket to buy time. ;)

Let me ask you. Do you think Manning has had quality head coaches his career? Honestly, I think he has had clowns especially compared to Belichick. I know some Colts fans liked Dungy a lot but I was never a fan for a myriad of reasons and I really can't stand Fox at all. Of course he did have Tom Moore as his OC who gave him his Indy offense and now only 2 TDs from the all the time TD record. But really Moore has been about it and probably the best argument for Colts fan IMO when comparing Brady and Manning.

Dungy had an excuse , but no doubt that coaching staff was responsible for not beating Pittsburgh and cake walking to a SB the year Pitt beat Seattle. Anyway... no big Dungy fan either. Caldwell was a Polian puppet and Mora was a funny guy. Mostly agree with you and I don't think you can dismiss all the Manning January losses without at least considering that maybe he didn't play his best football in the biggest games. It's just such a hard thing to quantify.

Dungy had an excuse , but no doubt that coaching staff was responsible for not beating Pittsburgh and cake walking to a SB the year Pitt beat Seattle. Anyway... no big Dungy fan either. Caldwell was a Polian puppet and Mora was a funny guy. Mostly agree with you and I don't think you can dismiss all the Manning January losses without at least considering that maybe he didn't play his best football in the biggest games. It's just such a hard thing to quantify.

I often wonder if Belichick had Manning if he would have made him stop running the Indy offense just because he does not like to be predictable. I think one of the big reasons Manning has struggled in big games is because the competition has been able to stop his offense and there is no plan B. None of his coaches ever made him run a different offense and I suppose given how much success it has had why tinker with it but I would have loved to see how Belichick would have developed him over his career.

I often wonder if Belichick had Manning if he would have made him stop running the Indy offense just because he does not like to be predictable. I think one of the big reasons Manning has struggled in big games is because the competition has been able to stop his offense and there is no plan B. None of his coaches ever made him run a different offense and I suppose given how much success it has had why tinker with it but I would have loved to see how Belichick would have developed him over his career.

Just hard to figure how much was Manning's fault and how much was the fact that Indy usually didn't run or stop the run in those January games. 

Either way, I don't think the Redskins should have to change their name. People want to be offended about everything, and I think it's a stupid thing to get worked up about.

I used to feel the same way. Then I tried picturing myself defending a racist team name to a Native American's face and I felt pretty little about myself. 

"Redskins" is literally a direct reference to a race of peoples skin color. There is no defense of it, and that's coming from one of the least PC people you will ever meet. 

I used to feel the same way. Then I tried picturing myself defending a racist team name to a Native American's face and I felt pretty little about myself. 

"Redskins" is literally a direct reference to a race of peoples skin color. There is no defense of it, and that's coming from one of the least PC people you will ever meet. 

no one cares.the issue doesn't exist. its all media hype and  a annoying woman named Blackhorse with obsessive problems. Its a fake issue to distract people from real problems.

indian high schools all over America use the name. They aren't dumb, its their choice. there aren't any march's or people handing out fliers in front of super markets trying to address the issue . No one cares because its not a real issue.

if it wasn't for sports teams in the  first place most kids wouldn't even know what a native American was.

Most NFL defensive players want to injure the opposition but they lie about that fact.

They cant say it but that's why you drive your head into someone else he's head at high speed.

That's why you slam somebody into the ground and get up dancing.

Players are orignally selected to play defense in their youth because they have a desire to hurt the other boys.

If you don't want to hurt the other boys, you play offense or you play tennis..

no one cares.the issue doesn't exist. its all media hype and  a annoying woman named Blackhorse with obsessive problems. Its a fake issue to distract people from real problems.

indian high schools all over America use the name. They aren't dumb, its their choice. there aren't any march's or people handing out fliers in front of super markets trying to address the issue . No one cares because its not a real issue.

if it wasn't for sports teams in the  first place most kids wouldn't even know what a native American was.

I was with you somewhat there, until your last paragraph there Biff...

Most NFL defensive players want to injure the opposition but they lie about that fact.They cant say it but that's why you drive your head into someone else he's head at high speed.That's why you slam somebody into the ground and get up dancing.Players are orignally selected to play defense in their youth because they have a desire to hurt the other boys.If you don't want to hurt the other boys, you play offense or you play tennis..

Meh, that ideology may apply at times, may even be the rule, but there are plenty of e c ceptions to this line of thought...

My best buddy in high school was a pretty decent CB, he had a couple picks his senior year & for him playing defensive CB was more about being an "anti-WR" of sorts, but his brand of sportsmanship probably wasnt par for the course.

1.Antoine Bethea has been a top Safety in the league for years....When its only been 2 years that he had were great

2.Trent Richardson is just not a good RB and is the worst Back on our roster

3.We traded a pro bowl potential pass rusher in Jerry Hughes...I think he will make one...certainly put up the numbers deserving of one

4.Greg Toler is not a legit #2 Corner

5.We should replace Coby with another TE with the skillset of Dwayne Allen...A TE that can pass/run block who is not a speed threat nor does he have the all around athleticism of Coby but is an all around better TE

That may have something to do with how we nearly wiped them out and then effectively locked them in a godforsaken land-prison for generations. 

I see what I'm up against. 

That may have something to do with how we nearly wiped them out and then effectively locked them in a godforsaken land-prison for generations.

I see what I'm up against.

Hey man. I don't know what you do in your free time. But I haven't wiped out anyone, nor sent them to land prisons.

no one cares.the issue doesn't exist. its all media hype 

So....you'll have us believe that this hasn't been a subject of great contention for many many decades? That this is something "the media" created a few years ago? 

Its a fake issue to distract people from real problems.

Lemme enlighten you about this. If something isn't right, that means it's wrong. If something is determined as "wrong", it does not matter if it is the #1 most concerning issue in America today. It doesn't matter if it's on the Top Ten list. It doesn't matter if it's in the top fifty. 

All that matters is that we stop with the bull-spit and recognize that this is wrong. 

I want you to explain to me how a team name making a reference to skin color is in any way, shape or form.....right? 

Noble Black Southern Man mascot ~ Blackskins

Chinese Ming Warrior mascot ~ Yellowskins

Aztec Warrior mascot ~ Brownskins

Cowboy mascot ~ Whiteskins

Under no purview available, under no circumstances whatsoever, in relation to any other race in any manner even loosely referring to skin tone would anything like the above list EVER happen.  

What else is real, something else that exists, is that for some inexplicable reason, Native Americans are the only race of people we can perversely refer to by their skin color. 

What you're doing is attempting to convince yourself and others that since we're so used to the name, since it's "grandfathered", that somehow it is acceptable. The Redskins were founded in Boston in 1932.

That's only 12 years before women were allowed to vote for President (and 46 years before a woman was protected from being fired for getting pregnant).

That's decades before blacks could use the same bathroom or lunch counter as white folk.

That's where the Redskins name was born. That's the America the Redskins name represents. Those are the times that gave birth to this obvious affront to all things decent. 

Go ahead and tell me, tell me you think it's OK to call a Native American a "Redskin" to his face. 

Hey man. I don't know what you do in your free time. But I haven't wiped up anyone, nor sent them to land prisons.

"We" was being used to create a societal narrative of a shared responsibility, to be honest about the past of the same country many of us like to pretend to celebrate on the 4th of July when we're launching fireworks all about. You know, the kind of thing that is intrinsic unto every American that waves a flag in their yard or slaps one on the back of their car?

To call yourself an American, you must come to terms not just with all the majesty and exceptional history of the land, but also the atrocities and horrors the people of this land perpetrated.

You people, call yourself Americans right up until the point where you have to stare the ugly in the face. Look at it, stare it down next time you think you're so frickin' slick for buying an American Flag.  

"We" was being used to create a societal narrative of a shared responsibility, to be honest about the past of the same country many of us like to pretend to celebrate on the 4th of July when we're launching fireworks all about. You know, the kind of thing that is intrinsic unto every American that waves a flag in their yard or slaps one on the back of their car?

To call yourself an American, you must come to terms not just with all the majesty and exceptional history of the land, but also the atrocities and horrors the people of this land perpetrated.

You people, call yourself Americans right up until the point where you have to stare the ugly in the face. Look at it, stare it down next time you think you're so *ed slick for buying an American Flag.

There's no denial of past when you excuse yourself from acts committed ages ago. You don't have to subscribe to a we, and accept some hereditary blame just because you're born in a geographic location.

Thus, I/we, did not perpetrate these acts of our ugly past. Doesn't mean they are forgotten, but it certainly doesn't mean I need to walk around with centuries old guilt hanging over my head over something I had nothing to do with. Nor could I change it no matter how hard I tried.

I also don't own any flags. But please continue to generalize me and my flag waving ways lol.

There's no denial of past when you excuse yourself from acts committed ages ago. You don't have to subscribe to a we, and accept some hereditary blame just because you're born in a geographic location.

Thus, I/we, did not perpetrate these acts of our ugly past. Doesn't mean they are forgotten, but it certainly doesn't mean I need to walk around with centuries old guilt hanging over my head over something I had nothing to do with. Nor could I change it no matter how hard I tried.

I also don't own any flags. But please continue to generalize me and my flag waving ways lol.

OK? No, I don't mean you must own the transgressions of people you didn't know, or (maybe) weren't related to or held any knowledge of. Of course not. But anyone wishing to claim the Redskins name isn't a racist bite at a people practically destroyed by this very nation, I cannot even reason with them. 

If "you" live in America, if "you" were born in America, than that "we", is you. You hold no guilt for these acts taken so long ago. But "we" do have a responsibility to not partake in discounting of such things and how they have relevance toward the subject of a sports team carrying a direct reference to the skin color of an entire people. A people once the target of genocide here on this very soil. You have a responsibility to own America's past if you wish to be respected as an American. 

Nobody can argue for the Redskins name without a great deal of mental gymnastics, excuse crafting, self-convincing and of course.......ridiculous semantics, like getting stuck on the word "we". ....like you've so clumsily done here. It had to be explained to you, why? 

I actually like JJ Watt's 'dancing' commercials..

..but what is he doing in uniform at a school dance???

I always find that weird when they have NFL players in everyday situations while wearing a uniform or jersey. I suppose it's both a form of our hero worship of athletes, as well as making sure the common dumb consumer understands that the advertiser actually paid a great deal of money for a real superhero.....ermmm...I mean a real NFL player. 

OK? No, I don't mean you must own the transgressions of people you didn't know, or (maybe) weren't related to or held any knowledge of. Of course not. But anyone wishing to claim the Redskins name isn't a racist bite at a people practically destroyed by this very nation, I cannot even reason with them.

If "you" live in America, if "you" were born in America, than that "we", is you. You hold no guilt for these acts taken so long ago. But "we" do have a responsibility to not partake in discounting of such things and how they have relevance toward the subject of a sports team carrying a direct reference to the skin color of an entire people. A people once the target of genocide here on this very soil. You have a responsibility to own America's past if you wish to be respected as an American.

Nobody can argue for the Redskins name without a great deal of mental gymnastics, excuse crafting, self-convincing and of course.......ridiculous semantics, like getting stuck on the word "we". ....like you've so clumsily done here. It had to be explained to you, why?

Lol. My my. Aren't you full of yourself today.

Please point me in the direction of my post where I claimed the term redskin wasn't offensive. Don't worry. I'll wait. Or perhaps you've jumped to some obscure conclusion that was based on absolutely nothing I've actually said like you've so clumsily done here...

However, no. I do not have to subscribe to your "we" theory. That is what I take issue with. You and I, or anyone alive today, did not commit these acts in which you are bringing up. Our ancestors did. But I don't have to adopt that into my being as an American. Any more than Germans now need to adopt the holocaust into their identities.

It happened yes. But no nation is pure. We all acknowledge the fault in our ancestors. That doesn't mean I have to pretend I was in any way culpable just because I was born where I was born. So just because I don't subscribe to a we, which feels a need to apologize behavior from centuries ago, doesn't mean I don't aknowledge or understand the past of the U.S.A.

But please. Don't let me stop you from further generalizations about me. Tell me more about how I think and feel. This is all news to me. I would especially like to know more about how unrelated opinions I hold, link back to insensitive racial terms.

Just hard to figure how much was Manning's fault and how much was the fact that Indy usually didn't run or stop the run in those January games. 

The Indy offense is not a run centric offense though. I think every team that plays Manning understands that if you can disrupt the receivers and hit them hard and get pressure on him to knock him off his spot then you can not only beat him but destroy him the way Seattle did last year and the Pats did in 2003, 2004. I also don't think that offense is effective in cold weather for that very reason. Any offense that is that pass centric will always struggle in averse weather conditions against quality opponents.

I have a few opinions which are no doubt unpopular.

1) I absolutely hate night games.  The only way I can get past half time is to record them and then watch in morning.

2) I don't like the playoffs and haven't since I was a kid.  I think a 3 game single elimination tournament played in terrible conditions with many key players injured is a much less reliable way to crown the best team in the league the champion than the 16 game regular season played in much better conditions with far fewer critical injuries.

3. I think Super Bowls are a horrible measure of quarterback play. 

In the entire Super Bowl Era only 5 1st Team All Pro quarterbacks have won the Super Bowl.
1978 Bradshaw, 1989 Montana, 1994 Young, 1996 Favre, 1999 Warner
Super Bowl championships are about defense not quarterback play.