Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Unpopular Opinion thread

Dustin

lol, he may be the best QB in the game at banging super models but not even top 5 at playing the position of QB

Oh please-please do bless us with the wisdom of your "top 5 list" then.  :thmup:

These Brady homers just block out anything they don't want to hear.

Not at all true in this case. You're just incorrect. 

2002 was a down year for the team overall (only season besides 2008, when Brady tore his ACL, that they didn't win the division in the Brady-Belichick era). Brady was given more responsibility in 2002 and actually responded pretty well and validated Belichick's decision to keep him and trade Bledsoe to the Bills. 

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the problem is essentially that we have 2 3rd down backs.  Bradshaw breaks easier so he can't be the primary back. 

But say we had T-Rich and an actual primary back that can find the hole and run the ball but no Bradshaw.  T-Rich would be the 3rd down back. 

Because he's a bust people don't pay attention to the fact that there are a few things that he does do well. 

Trent Richardson would look a whole lot better if the Colts had Alabama's offensive line.

Oh please-please do bless us with the wisdom of your "top 5 list" then. :thmup:

Not at all true in this case. You're just incorrect.

2002 was a down year for the team overall (only season besides 2008, when Brady tore his ACL, that they didn't win the division in the Brady-Belichick era). Brady was given more responsibility in 2002 and actually responded pretty well and validated Belichick's decision to keep him and trade Bledsoe to the Bills.

It's as true as that other thing Brady homers have going on. They're so defensive about the guy over nothing. Then the nerve to bring up 2008???

how many of the olineman Trent played with are now starting in the NFL?

That's a stupid question.  Those linemen were effective, VERY effective, against their age-peers.  If no NFL team can draft and coach them, it is not their fault.

Here is your answer:

Barret Jones (Rams)

Cyrus Kouandjio (Buffalo Bills)

Chance Warmack  (Titans)

Kellen Williams

Anthony Steen (Arizona)

D. J. Fluker (Chargers)

Michael Williams (Lions)

That's a stupid question. Those linemen were effective, VERY effective, against their age-peers. If no NFL team can draft and coach them, it is not their fault.

Here is your answer:

Barret Jones (Rams)

Chance Warmack (Titans)

Kellen Williams

Anthony Steen (Arizona)

D. J. Fluker (Chargers)

Michael Williams (Lions)

Actually its not a stupid question. How they perform against their peers in college means nothing to how they would perform against pros

It's as true as that other thing Brady homers have going on. They're so defensive about the guy over nothing. Then the nerve to bring up 2008???

Alright now I'm just confused. No one was being defensive... being defensive is when you react to something that is probably true. You said Brady had a "sophomore slump" in 2002, which is just not correct. I have no idea what you're talking about with 2008. 

This is the "Around the NFL" section. If you post something about Brady, Pats fans will show up. If you post something about Brees, Bogie will show up. If you post something about the Texans, Qwizboy and Houston fans will show up. Especially if what you post is flat-out wrong. So you can accuse us of being defensive (can't tell you how ironic that is coming from a fan base that is, collectively, very insecure about how your players are viewed) but whatevs, my man! 

:thmup:

Alright now I'm just confused. No one was being defensive... being defensive is when you react to something that is probably true. You said Brady had a "sophomore slump" in 2002, which is just not correct. I have no idea what you're talking about with 2008. 

This is the "Around the NFL" section. If you post something about Brady, Pats fans will show up. If you post something about Brees, Bogie will show up. If you post something about the Texans, Qwizboy and Houston fans will show up. Especially if what you post is flat-out wrong. So you can accuse us of being defensive (can't tell you how ironic that is coming from a fan base that is, collectively, very insecure about how your players are viewed) but whatevs, my man! 

:thmup:

I would pay an incredible amount of fake money to witness a debate between Shane and Bloody. Could you just imagine the amount of misinformation and the number of "I know I'm right even though I'm dead wrong's" that would take place?

That's a stupid question.  Those linemen were effective, VERY effective, against their age-peers.  If no NFL team can draft and coach them, it is not their fault.

Here is your answer:

Barret Jones (Rams)

Chance Warmack  (Titans)

Kellen Williams

Anthony Steen (Arizona)

D. J. Fluker (Chargers)

Michael Williams (Lions)

Yeah, you can have that line.

Trent Richardson would look a whole lot better if the Colts had Alabama's offensive line.

True but no team in the NFL has a line that is going to be as dominate as Alabama's line was over college football. 

College football doesn't have nearly the parity that the NFL does.

I think London games are a waste. Id rather the nfl stay in America or atleasr go intk Canada before going across the pond. I think A.Q should be starting center. Whalen should see more 3rd down snaps. Andrew Luck will be better than manning and has done better in his first 3 years than manning. Manziel will never be a quality back in the nfl. I also think it was funny what Winston said. There lol

College football doesn't prepare defensive players for the NFL..

...the emphasis is so much on offense in college and the pro game is much more complicated and faster.

Most college coaches don't care much about defense, to tell the truth

tell that to saben and many other SEC coaches

Greg Toler is awful. 

I see you're posting in the infamous Dudeski style.    You know, as few words as possible.

This lead to other posters saying.....  "why"....

And you responding.....   "because he does"....

And everyone else saying....   "would you like to offer facts, or is it just your opinion?"

And then you inevitably trot out the facts that you get from the websites that you subscribe to....

In other words,  there are a whole bunch of unnecessary posts because you don't post the supporting information in your original post......    why you don't is a mystery...  

But I look forward to hearing why Toler sucks since our defense plays so well when he and Davis are on the field together....

I will...all of college football is embarrassing defensively..

Saban isntin the NFL for a reason

You think Nick Saben couldn't coach in the NFL?!?

Based on his two years at Miami?

People used to say that about Pete Carroll based on a number of years at New England and the NYJ.

Now, after Seattle,  those same people don't say that anymore about Carroll.....

Nick Saben can coach.    He's just got to be in the right situation.

I see you're posting in the infamous Dudeski style.    You know, as few words as possible.

This lead to other posters saying.....  "why"....

And you responding.....   "because he does"....

And everyone else saying....   "would you like to offer facts, or is it just your opinion?"

And then you inevitably trot out the facts that you get from the websites that you subscribe to....

In other words,  there are a whole bunch of unnecessary posts because you don't post the supporting information in your original post......    why you don't is a mystery...  

But I look forward to hearing why Toler sucks since our defense plays so well when he and Davis are on the field together....

He gets bailed out on more bad passes than probably any cornerback in the NFL. During the last Giants game, he was beat for at least 2 TDs (Eli underthrew and to his credit, Toler managed to get a hand on it, but a better pass is a TD) and the other took a spectacular hustle play by Brown to tip the pass at the last second. 

He's an awful tackler (8 missed tackles (2nd worst in the NFL) and has given up 233 yards after the catch (2nd worst in the NFL).

He's given up the 5th most yards in the league.

Funnily enough last years hate was just as unwarranted as this years praise. 

Yeah 12 of Bortles 13 ints have been bad, 1 the wr just slipped on however, He looks to be clearly thinking to much out there instead of just taking whats given to him by the defense, Whether you move the ball down the field on 1 deep pass or short to intermediate passes it still amounts to the same thing..moving the ball...Also if Im a Jags fan I'd like to see him scramble a bit more times a game as needed...He is on pace for 64 rushes....Not enough in my opinion in his situation..Should be closer to Russell Wilsons average of 6 in my opinion

He gets bailed out on more bad passes than probably any cornerback in the NFL. During the last Giants game, he was beat for at least 2 TDs (Eli underthrew and to his credit, Toler managed to get a hand on it, but a better pass is a TD) and the other took a spectacular hustle play by Brown to tip the pass at the last second. 

He's an awful tackler (8 missed tackles (2nd worst in the NFL) and has given up 233 yards after the catch (2nd worst in the NFL).

He's given up the 5th most yards in the league.

Funnily enough last years hate was just as unwarranted as this years praise. 

Who do you think he will cover on the Pats?