Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why all the Luck hate?

Trace Pyott

Today I was reading a article on Russell Wilson vs luck and it seemed 75% of the comments after the article (which basically said luck is way better than wilson) about 75% of the comments were negative on luck saying that he is way over rated and my absolutely favorite that luck has 0 rings while Wilson has one lol. Some even had the nerve to say that luck has had a good offensive line and if luck had the line Wilson has to work with luck would have retired already. I just don't understand all the anti luck sentiment around the nfl. Is it because of all the hype that was following him after college? I mean my god it can't be his personality. He isn't selfish and seems like as nice of a guy as any. I'm not trying to start a luck vs Wilson thread here I just want to better understand all the anti luck sentiment going on. Btw if you don't believe me look at comments following any Andrew luck article online.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today I was reading a article on Russell Wilson vs luck and it seemed 75% of the comments after the article (which basically said luck is way better than wilson) about 75% of the comments were negative on luck saying that he is way over rated and my absolutely favorite that luck has 0 rings while Wilson has one lol. Some even had the nerve to say that luck has had a good offensive line and if luck had the line Wilson has to work with luck would have retired already. I just don't understand all the anti luck sentiment around the nfl. Is it because of all the hype that was following him after college? I mean my god it can't be his personality. He isn't selfish and seems like as nice of a guy as any. I'm not trying to start a luck vs Wilson thread here I just want to better understand all the anti luck sentiment going on. Btw if you don't believe me look at comments following any Andrew luck article online.

I don't think there is any dislike of Luck. I haven't seen many people say negative things about him. Wilson has the advantage because he plays on a much better team but that guy is getting better all of the time. I think Luck does fine if he were playing for Seattle and I think Wilson would have been very good in Indy. These are two great young QBs and this argument will rage for years.

I dont hate wilson. I actually enjoy watching him because hes exciting. will I defend luck in the debate against wilson? of course, but why cant people just enjoy watching two up and coming young QBs

For some reason that is not allowed. You have to pick one side and tear down the other. Manning vs. Brady, Luck vs. RG3, Luck vs. Wilson... It's *ic.

The most common negative comment I see is "Luck is overrated". Then when you look at his numbers, those people look like fools. Its just an easy way/term for them to hate on Luck without giving reasons and then they switch to "well such and such has done this". Has anybody really determined who is better between Manning vs Brady? We all have our personal opinions but there's still no clear answer

Lemme guess....it was written by some "let me start an argument" columnist who never wore a jock strap, unless it was draped over his face in gym class by a member of his high school's football team.

You're misunderstanding.

The article was very pro-Luck.   Very supportive of Luck.

It was the comments from readers that get posted afterwards where most backed Wilson and not Luck.

It was Average Joe folks like you and me who made the comments,  not the columnist.....

You're really asking why fans get so crazy?      Because they're fans!    Which is short for fanatic!

And odds are there are many, many more Seattle fans writing on ESPN.com than there are Colts fans.....

Sometimes,  that's the way it goes.....

I've come to realize that the comments on espn forums and related sights are pretty much the opposite of what reality is. And there's no point in arguing with them, especially when, no matter how correct your point might be, you get strong armed by sheer volume.  Case in point, ESPN posted a study by some group (I forget who it was, but they are known world wide) that found that some 60% of people felt Goodell shouldn't lose his job over the Rice saga.  All the comments were basically how the study was scripted and sponsored by ESPN and NFL and there's bias (which is ironic given how those same sports outlets posted tons of anti-goodell crap too).  My favorite comment was by a guy with a fake facebook profile who said how, judging from the comments on the espn forums, the people who did the study had no clue what they were talking about - as if a bunch of fake facebook profiles was representative of the US population.

Success breeds Contempt!

Get used to it, been that way for a while; re: Colt QB's & Colt teams...

Seems that people take praise for one player as indictment of another, which is not necessarily the truth.

I can appreciate what Wilson brings to his team, without it diminishing what Luck does for the Colts.

Given that, Wilson sure laid an egg yesterday.  lol lol lol :2c:

Success breeds Contempt!

Get used to it, been that way for a while; re: Colt QB's & Colt teams...

Seems that people take praise for one player as indictment of another, which is not necessarily the truth.

I can appreciate what Wilson brings to his team, without it diminishing what Luck does for the Colts.

Given that, Wilson sure laid an egg yesterday. lol lol lol :2c:[/qu

Luck has laid his eggs too.

You're misunderstanding.

The article was very pro-Luck.   Very supportive of Luck.

It was the comments from readers that get posted afterwards where most backed Wilson and not Luck.

It was Average Joe folks like you and me who made the comments,  not the columnist.....

That's fine.....I didn't see a link to the article noted by the OP.

And regardless they're all entitled to the opinions, writers and readers alike. :)

But I must admit....I do enjoy taking pot shots at NFL columnists and/or studio hosts who have no actual hands-on background in the game. In other words, I consider them little more than Average Joe's too.

People don't know anything, I was reading an article once and most people in the comments section were saying that Wilson, Newton and even RGiii were easily better than Luck. Probably 15-20 people. Was pretty laughable.

Today I was reading a article on Russell Wilson vs luck and it seemed 75% of the comments after the article (which basically said luck is way better than wilson) about 75% of the comments were negative on luck saying that he is way over rated.......

Ok, I've read this like 4 times, and I'm still confused.  Didn't have my wheaties for breakfast today... Are you saying that 75% were negative and 75% were saying Luck is better? or are you saying that the article said Luck was better and 75% of the comments afterwards were negative? 

I looked at your username and it's the first thing I thought of..

- Horror fan.

Yeah I used this name based off CotC years ago for forums, online activities, gamer tags ect and it turns out that years later I was spelling it wrong, haha!

I ended up just sticking with it anyways. The original character had it spelled Malachi.

I think I know what article you're talking about and I wouldn't worry about it. Seattle fans do that on every pro-Luck article, and the reverse has happened also. I honestly think Wilson is a great QB but it seems like the vitriol between the two fanbases is only increasing.

I have read that article regarding Luck being the best young QB ever and it cracks me up how many commented on how Wilson is better than Luck because he has a ring. Really? I suppose Wilson is better than Dan Marino too? Or Eli better than Peyton or Brees since he has two rings? I just don't understand their logic. Why can't people just enjoy watching these two QB. Too premature to be judging who's better than who in this stage of their careers.

Yeah I used this name based off CotC years ago for forums, online activities, gamer tags ect and it turns out that years later I was spelling it wrong, haha!

I ended up just sticking with it anyways. The original character had it spelled Malachi.

Malachi sounds like something from DBZ.

Lol. I just turned on the tv and guess what's on the SyFy channel right now..

COTC.

Weird..

It wasn't a Seattle paper it was off of espn I believe. I'm not exactly sure though I have read a lot the last few days.

ESPN or Collinsworth....  Might as well be reading the Seattle paper....  no organization or person hates the Colts and their success than those two...

It's very simple: Seattle fans have become total * trolls since winning the Super Bowl last year.

If you notice, any time an article is pro-whatever, the majority of the comments are anti-whatever.  Haters tend to post more than supporters.  It's that way on almost any comments section.

If you notice, any time an article is pro-whatever, the majority of the comments are anti-whatever.  Haters tend to post more than supporters.  It's that way on almost any comments section.

People who agree don't tend to have that burning anger that motivates you to post. The angry minority is often much louder than the agreeable majority. 

Slightly OT, I detest anyone who uses SB wins as a measure of an individual players merits. At best it shows he played on a good team, and even then we all know the best team in a season doesn't always win the SB. 

The build up to the last SB really brought it home for me... the consensus was if Peyton wins a ring then he's considered the best QB of all time, if he doesn't then he's labelled as the biggest choker of all time. Such an illogical thought process, especially on the back of the season he had. As a general rule of thumb... people who use rings as an argument do so because "their" guy's ability doesn't stand up by itself. 

Then again I am a Colts fan :P 

could be anything but I think

(1) people love to be negative on the internet.  so if you say 'up' they'll say 'down'

(2) Luck and the colts had some narrative going 'the season was a fluke......they can't do it again"........sound bytes that stick in peoples heads so,when they get the chance they spit those bytes back out

(3) maybe their forum linked to that article and created a posting frenzBy

(4) they've never seen andrew play

(5) Random chance

ESPN knows what it's doing........one day they post.........Wilson is better than luck.  The next day they post.......luck is better than wilson

that way they give everyone a chance to disagree

Kind of like the people who post here just to get a rise out of other posters

Maybe the best answer is, if you write something about which QB is better than the other you are guaranteed comments.  I mean look at the manning v brady threads that still go on here